Scale in one dimension only?

Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
direction? If it's possible then how is it done?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel
0
rui.maciel (1816)
5/11/2009 2:25:16 PM
comp.cad.autocad 3799 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On May 11, 3:25=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
> direction? If it's possible then how is it done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Maciel

Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
0
strawberry
5/11/2009 2:43:03 PM
On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!

That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
more straight forward way such as a specific command?

Rui Maciel
0
Rui
5/11/2009 3:29:42 PM
On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.

Good luck.
0
strawberry
5/11/2009 3:44:44 PM
On May 11, 8:44=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> > That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> > more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> > Rui Maciel
>
> If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.
>
> Good luck.

Your description is correct, but lacks one thing.  The mention of the
Properties dialog or palette to scale the block in either the X or Y
axis.

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
0
Bill
5/12/2009 2:11:27 PM
On 11 Maj, 17:29, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

There are way's but not more strait forwerts, in fact it ask a bit of
knowleage but then you also make sure there will be no foults
exploding non uniform blocks, as there are no blocks. You can change
the entity database based on calculations of the code 10 and 11
sublists according to the scale factor sublist, it is simple
calculations, but you realy has to know a few of the more advanced
commands such as mapcar and apply ; done it with design issues where
an explode was nessery to calculate the the real not the scaled
dimensions xyz, also you need to point out if you ude a plain block,
the x y and z values.
http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/05/autocad-scale-objects-in-one-dimension.html?m=1

Is the only way to do it.
0
kunal

Vector to one Double in simulink
Hi, I have a vector of uint8, going into an embedded function The vector looks like that and his size may change 10 15 79 189 77 66 32 0 What i want is 1015791897766320 in double. Is there a way to do that.?? Thank you I found a way to do that in my work space: >> u = [1 2 5 7 8 9] u = 1 2 5 7 8 9 >> sprintf('%g',u) ans = 125789 But now, when i try to put that in an embedded function, I get this error : Function 'sprintf' implicitly resolved in the MATLAB workspace. Implicit evaluation in M...

How does LaTeX NFSS scale fonts?
Hi, I am working with a font where it has \DeclareFontShape has been used to scale it by a factor of 0.8. However, for some glyphs I am interested in using I have specified a separate encoding for the font. From there I have been accessing the glyphs directly by using \font\foo=bar and \foo\char. This works fine, except that the glyphs are too large in comparison to those selected by the NFSS mechanism. I tried examining the LaTeX source but was not really able to discern how it performs the scaling. Is there a way that I can scale these glyphs directly? Or is my only alternative...

Stuff one toplevel window into another one
I have an application which has two top level windows, say .win01 and .win02. In the old days it seemed OK to have two windows floating around, but now it just seems annoying. Is there any way I can "stuff" one window into another one without going through each code to change it ? (for example, packing .win02 into .win01 without change the script). Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards S-Y. Chen Quote: S-Y. Chen wrote on Wed, 28 May 2014 19:14 > Is there any way I can "stuff" one window into another one without going through each code to change it ? (for ...

Converting a correlated subquery to a non-correlated one
Hi! Does anyone here know of a way to goad DB2 into converting a correlated subquery to a non-correlated one? Does DB2 ever do such a conversion? We have a query of the form SELECT .. FROM A WHERE EXISTS (SELECT 'X' FROM B, C WHERE B.COL1 = A.COL1 AND B.COL2 = A.COL2 AND [ predicates that join B and C ] AND C.COLP = 'LIT1' AND C.COLQ = 'LIT2' ) The access path for this involves a tablespace scan of A, and for each row retrieved, execution of the subquery, which involves accessing B first, an...

Map more than one array at once
Hi all, I've been using Ruby for a while now, and have enjoyed it immensely. However, I haven't yet found how to map more than one array at once. The common example is calculating the dot product. You'd need to iterate through each array at the same time to multiply the elements. However, map only operates on one list at a time. I wanted to avoid For Loops. Therefore, I end up having to do something like this instead: def dot_prod(a,b) return 0 if a.length != b.length c = [] a.each_with_index { |e, i| c << e * b[i] } c.inject { |e, t| t += e } end Ugly. or use ...

Minimizing Multi-scale NN architecture?
Currently working on time series forecasting with neural nets. We want to minimize the structural requirements or specifications for a multi- scale (time-invariant) NN. The main idea is to train the net over ten delays for instance tau=[t(x),t(x-1),..t(x-h)]^T, with a hidden layer for each difference. Such that a prediction error is minimal for all hidden layers over the horizon h. The main question is rather than a matrix of hidden layers of one row per delay, how could the hidden layers be reorganized to represent all and each sub-scale? In addition could a delay input|output replace all an...

How to plot line and bar in a figure with different scale?
Hi, I wanna plot 3 lines and 1 bar in a figure. I know it can be done with 'hold on' command. My problem is I need two y axis, because the scale of the line and bar is different. To some extend, I can use 'plotyy' to set two y axis with different scale. However, I need a bar graph, and another two lines. Thanks for any suggestion. I don't believe you can plot 3 different y-axis on the same plot. As you already know, 2 is possible, but not 3, as far as I know. Is it possible for you to normalize your lines? You could also rescale one of the lines. Also, if you explain wh...

rasppoe with more than one network adapter
Hello there, Here's my problem, maybe someone already seen that... Let's take a computer with two network adapters. First one is dedicated to the LAN. Second one is for Internet, connected on a simple ADSL modem. To etablish Internet connection, I have to create a third connection 'rasppoe'. My worry is when I dial in the third connection, my first adapter stops working. He don't want to see communicate anymore with other computers on the lan. If I stop the Internet connection, then everything works... I hope you'll be able to help me ! Thanks !! Patrick ps : s...

One plot with multiple axis
Hello I would like to know how to do multiple axes labels and titles on one plot.Say I have x1 (price of a brick in yens) and y1(number of bricks) then I can plot(x1,y1). I would like to know how to have another axis on the same plot with price in dollars on the opposite side , say I know conversion 10000(yen)= 1(dollar) Mahlon Rambu wrote: > I would like to know how to do multiple axes labels and > titles on one plot.Say I have x1 (price of a brick in > yens) and y1(number of bricks) then I can plot(x1,y1). I > would like to know how to have another axis on the ...

[News] Scale of Open Source Software Has Outgrown a Column
Weekly dispatch a victim of open source's success ,----[ Quote ] | So why end it now? Simply put, the discussion around open source has | grown far beyond the ability of a weekly column to encapsulate it all. | | The intervening years have only served to validate the original concept | of this column. Open source now casts a long shadow in enterprise IT, | indeed. It?s no longer confined to web servers, | | middleware and server-room infrastructure. Today it has a place in | enterprise applications and it?s poised to make a serious bid for | the desktop. `---- http://computerworld.co.n...

problem with hp psc al in one 1213
Hi I have a problem installing an HP printer psc 1213 on a windows 2000 server when the install product made the system chek it found an nt server and stop the install. 2000 server seems to not be supported but 2000 professional yes ??? Is there a workaround to install this product on a windows 2000 server ?? thanks fred ...

FAQ 2.4 I copied the perl binary from one machine to another, but scripts don't work. #7
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq2.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.4: I copied the perl binary from one machine to another, but scripts don't work. That's probably because you forgot libraries, or library paths differ. You really should build the whole distribution on the...

How could I select more than one file in a dialog?
Hello NG, is it possible by using a "file path - frontpanel element" to configure the dialog for the possibility of selecting more then one file? The return should be an array. At the moment, I am only able to choose one file or a whole directory. But I want to select different files of different directories and do not want to reopen the "file path dialog box" continously. Thanks a lot for your help. Best regards, Michael ...

Artificial Mind - Part One
It's a dream of human beings to build machines that can think and behave like human beings. The most important part of of such a machine is an artificial mind that can emulate the cognitive processing of human mind. This book, "Next Generation Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Mind - Part One - Basic Architecture and Cognitive Structure" introduces a basic artificial mind architecture and computational model for cognitive processing. Inside the book, three important cognitive process modeling components, mental objects network (MON), associative-learning mechanisms and a con...

cross correlation lag scale
Hi, I am currently using the xcorr function in Matlab to correlate tw waveforms(plotted as voltage v's time). Both these waveforms have 250 samples. When I use the xcorr function, the resultant waveform has 500 samples (as expected). What I want to know is how do I scale these 500 samples in order to get the lag time(between the two wavefroms)? ie. whe matlab finds the best match for waveform_A in waveform_B. Thanks for any help John On Feb 2, 4:04 pm, "john1985" <murray_1...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am currently using the xcorr function in Matlab to correlate t...

One device driver for all digital cameras searched
Hello all, I am looking for a device driver for MS Windows compatible operating systems, which covers a large quantity of different digital cameras (older and newer, different manufacturers, etc.). May somebody help? Thanks, Sven You didn't tell us which version of Windows you're using. If you are using Windows XP, it includes the drivers for most current and recent older models of digital cameras. If you are using Windows 98SE you will probably have to load the camera manufacturers' drivers for each camera. Anything older than Win98SE has problems with USB ports, a...

Looking for movie co. to product this one ...
"Leave me alone, I don't have time for that nonsense!" the fox said. "I was out all day trying to meet my quota and I need to rest." "Look, I'm tired too," the eagle said. "We're all tired! But we've got to do something!" "Go away! Come back tomorrow!" When at the end of the work day you're too exhausted to think, to protest, to get angry, to do anything more than sit in front of your television and watch a situation comedy ... They've got you exactly where they want you. THE POLITY OF BEAS...

how to set x scale log
hey all Could you tell me how to set x range as log? Thanks lixiaoyao wrote: > > > hey all > Could you tell me how to set x range as log? > Thanks > > Instead of using plot(...) when plotting the data, use semilogx(...) which sets the x asis to be log. Jordan "lixiaoyao" <lixiaoyao5880@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1140200584.687561.261000@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hey all > Could you tell me how to set x range as log? > Thanks For the current axis: set(gca,'xscale','log') If you want another axis, you n...

one liner for a function?
I have been asking questions for three straight night in a row... I appreciate all the replies. I have another couple of questions tonight. 1. let's say you have to make GraphicsArray using the interpolating functions. I have managed to write a function that automates the plotting part, but i haven't been able to write one that will automate plotting and naming the plot object and showing in a graphics array. as an example, sol= NDSolve[{a'[t]==-0.1` a[t] x[t], b'[t]==-0.05` b[t] y[t], x'[t]==-0.1` a[t] x[t]+0.05` b[t] y[t], y&...

please how to scale
how to scale each pixel in image to its measure in millimeter in real. i have images of dents that i want to know how to measure the length of the root. ...

How do I read multiple channels at one time using labview...
How do I read multiple channels at one time using labview with the Fluke Hydra Data Bucket 2620a using serial port? I need to take a reading of 15 channels about once a second. I can read one value at a time using the monitor function on the read values.vi driver, but this takes forever to read all the channels. ...

Duplication of all threads or A new process with only one thread
Hi, Will there be duplication of all threads OR a new process with only one thread be created for a fork call by a thread in a process ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru On May 3, 12:19=A0am, karthikbalaguru <karthikbalagur...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Will there be duplication of all threads OR a new process with only > one thread be created > for a fork call by a thread in a process ? > I got the below info from http://tldp.org/FAQ/Threads-FAQ/Problems.html " The POSIX 1c standard defines a thread calling fork() to duplicate only the callin...

How to Limit The Number of Personalities Active At One Time
Eudora 7.1.0.9 I have a large number of email accounts at the same domain that have read mail checked. When I press Read Mail all of them try and read at the same time. Is there a way to set a maximum number of simultaneous accesses to the mail post office so the rest wait? On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:00:39 -0400, Stewart Berman <Stewart[RemoveToUse]Berman@optonline.net> wrote: >Eudora 7.1.0.9 > >I have a large number of email accounts at the same domain that have >read mail checked. When I press Read Mail all of them try and read at >the same time. Is there...

Ubuntu One is no more
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY1MjE It's too bad, I thought it was a decent effort. -- Silver Slimer Wikipedia & OpenMedia Supporter GNU/Linux's place is in the trash can On 4/2/14, 3:31 PM, in article lhi33i$4o8$1@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer" <slvrslmr@lv.c> wrote: > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTY1MjE > > It's too bad, I thought it was a decent effort. I saw this today, too. I did not really play with it much so do not really know how well it competed. -- * Mint KDE bu...

determing the scaling factor
I'm writing some code for power spectral estimation using FFT. The data format I used is Q15 fixed point format. Since I need to scale the original signal within the Q15 range between -1~0.9999, I need to choose a proper scaling factor for the original data sequence. But how can I choose this scaling factor so that it does not cause overflow, nor does it cause underflow? I tried several different values for this scaling factor but it either resulted in overflow or underflow. I guess the reason is because the power spectrum involves with successive accumulation of square magnitude of FFT ou...