Scale in one dimension only?

Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
direction? If it's possible then how is it done?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel
0
rui.maciel (1816)
5/11/2009 2:25:16 PM
comp.cad.autocad 3784 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On May 11, 3:25=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
> direction? If it's possible then how is it done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Maciel

Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
0
strawberry
5/11/2009 2:43:03 PM
On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!

That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
more straight forward way such as a specific command?

Rui Maciel
0
Rui
5/11/2009 3:29:42 PM
On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.

Good luck.
0
strawberry
5/11/2009 3:44:44 PM
On May 11, 8:44=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> > That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> > more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> > Rui Maciel
>
> If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.
>
> Good luck.

Your description is correct, but lacks one thing.  The mention of the
Properties dialog or palette to scale the block in either the X or Y
axis.

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
0
Bill
5/12/2009 2:11:27 PM
On 11 Maj, 17:29, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

There are way's but not more strait forwerts, in fact it ask a bit of
knowleage but then you also make sure there will be no foults
exploding non uniform blocks, as there are no blocks. You can change
the entity database based on calculations of the code 10 and 11
sublists according to the scale factor sublist, it is simple
calculations, but you realy has to know a few of the more advanced
commands such as mapcar and apply ; done it with design issues where
an explode was nessery to calculate the the real not the scaled
dimensions xyz, also you need to point out if you ude a plain block,
the x y and z values.
http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/05/autocad-scale-objects-in-one-dimension.html?m=1

Is the only way to do it.
0
kunal

Let one dimension follows another dimension
Hi, is it not possible, to let a distance always be 1/3 length of another dimension ? like here I need "B" to be 1/3 of "A" -I have a screenshot at: http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/27113302818.jpg&s=x4 SW 2001+ Thanks Henrik It's... "D2@Sketch1"="D1@Sketch1"/3 Search help under "equation" ... -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG You could do this with sketch relations if you wanted. Draw a centerline through the middle of the shape and divide it into three segments. Constrain the three segments co...

one-to-one
Does anyone have any opinions or comments on one-to-one relationships? I'm working on developing a single-table database I inherited into something that I hope will be a little more useful. The database contains records of individuals including both members and non-members of our organization. There are a number of attributes that apply only to members--orientation date, officer status and such--and I'm wondering whether it might make sense to have a separate table just for members with those fields rather than cluttering up the general table for individuals with attributes that...

one to one
How would you create a one to one relationship in FMP 9? I am practicing with setting up relationships and would like to experiment with this but all of mine are coming up one to many. lariveesl <lariveeslNO@yahooSPAM.com> wrote: > How would you create a one to one relationship in FMP 9? I am practicing > with setting up relationships and would like to experiment with this but all > of mine are coming up one to many. It's the same thing. You may want to make sure no one creates more than one child record using privileges, custom menus and scripts. -- http://clk...

one to one
Hi all, I have two datasets X and Y. See the below code. data X; input a ; cards; 100 200 300 ; data Y; input a; cards; 10 20 30 ; data Z; set X; if _n_ = 3; set Y; run; I know this is one to one reading. output: a 10 how this step will work internally. Well first your are reading in dataset X but you said to keep only the third observation. But you are also reading in dataset Y at the same time and it also keeps the third observation. Since X and Y has the same field a, SAS keeps the value from Y because it was called later. Make sense? "Ravi" wrote in message news:a...

One to One
I am trying to create a one to one releationship between two tables. The tables and the constraints are described below. I do not believe that I am accomplishing my goal.May I please have a input? The business rull is that one person should exist as the primary contact for the customer. CREATE TABLE CUSTOMER ( customer_id NUMBER NOT NULL, customer_type VARCHAR2(32 BYTE) NOT NULL, customer_display_name VARCHAR2(35 BYTE) NOT NULL, primary_contact_id NUMBER NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT pk_customer PRIMARY KEY (customer_id), CONSTRAINT idx_primary_contact UNIQUE (primary_contact_id) ) CREATE TABLE PERSON ( person_id NUMBER NOT NULL, first_name VARCHAR2(15 BYTE) NOT NULL, middle_initial CHAR(1 BYTE), last_name VARCHAR2(25 BYTE) NOT NULL, telephone_number CHAR(10 BYTE) NOT NULL, email_address VARCHAR2(35 BYTE), notes VARCHAR2(50 BYTE), CONSTRAINT pk_person PRIMARY KEY (person_id) ) ALTER TABLE PERSON ADD (CONSTRAINT fk_primary_contact FOREIGN KEY (person_id) REFERENCES CUSTOMER (primary_contact_id)); Hello, I think you should try it the following way: CREATE TABLE CUSTOMER ( customer_id NUMBER NOT NULL, customer_type VARCHAR2(32 BYTE) NOT NULL, customer_display_name VARCHAR2(35 BYTE) NOT NULL, primary_contact_id NUMBER NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT pk_customer PRIMARY KEY (customer_id), CONSTRAINT idx_primary_contact UNIQUE (primary_contact_id) ) CREATE TABLE PERSON ( per...

dimension of a dimension
Greetings. I went through all articles and books but could not find a decent answer to the following warehouse design problem. We are a bank, and we have millions of customers. Some of our customers are firms, and we coordinate paychecks on behalf of them. Their employees are also our customers. You can see that there is a self-reference to the customer dimension. We need to keep an attribute over the customer dimension indicating who his employer is. The problem here is that we need to keep history for this customer dimension, likely to be Kimball Type2. However anytime an attribute of an employer changes, it requires a change in all of its employees as well. This causes a rapid change. Not all our customers have employers, and there is no reqiurement of keeping many to many relation between employer and employee, for now. We do not want to make employer another dimension attached to our Accounts fact-table because it is too product specific (paycheck-product). Moreover it is also not feasible to separate paycheck product into another table because business asks questions like "what are the total balance of savings accounts of customers belong to X employer". It is also impossible to ask questions like "how many employees does employer X have?" to the fact table because not necessarily every customer create an entry in the fact table every month due to inactivity or temporary paycheck suspension. Another similar situa...

How to multiply a fixed vector to one dimension of a multi-dimension matrix?
Below is a Matlab script to apply a "fixed window function" along one dimension. Although it works, but is not elegant as a Matlab script. [L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6] = size(fids); for n1=1:L1 for n3=1:L3 for n4=1:L4 for n5=1:L5 for n6=1:L6 fids(n1,:,n3,n4,n5,n6) = fids(n1,:,n3,n4,n5,n6) .* window; end end end end end Where window is a vector with the size equal to L2. Is there a "Matlab" way to make this ...

scaling limits of one-message/one-file mailbox layouts
It was just claimed to me that, with the exception of nss, Linux filesystems are limited to 32K objects/directory. That would seem to impose a per mailbox message limit of 32K in those mailbox formats (such as netnews spool, mh, maildir, and Cyrus) which store each message in a separate file. I'm not sure that I believe this. ISTR heavily spammed newsgroups with 6-digit message counts. I would have thought that our friends at CMU would have hit a 32K message wall by now in Cyrus if it was real. We're certainly working with mix mailboxes with many more than 32K mess...

One man,one goat,one cabbage and one wolf
Hi, I have tried to solve the problem mentioned in the subject. What I wrote doesn't go through all possibilities up to depth 8(which is what I wanted). We are trasnfering the objects from Left -> Right If at any time the Left bank remains empty then we immediately exit. The sideGood predicate assures that the side is in conformity with our rules (there should be no [wolf,goat] pair or [goat,cabbage] pair on that side). So,it can be tested with traverse([wolf,cabbage,goat],[],0). However,it does not hit a solution(altough it was expected to do so because depth has been limited to 8,and...

Should dimension change with scaling
I have always wondered why they haven't. maybe it just my understanding of what going on behind the scene, but I would think that you could write some code so that it would simply take all of the dimensions and mulitply it by the scale factor that you input. I could see things getting more complicated if it weren't a uniform scale. i.e. changing only the X, or Y and not the Z. Maybe one of you guys might have an simple explination as to why this is. are you scaling the part, or the drawing? dimensions are independent of drawing scale; if you want to change the dimensions you need ...

tetraeder with one dimension
Hi, I'm having a problem to make, in wildfire, a tetraeder. I can't make the model with one dimension. I want for modification reasons one dimension variable. So I can easy blow up the model. Who can help me? Laurens For definition of a tetraeder see http://www.hhg-muenchen.de/homepage/mundn/geo10a/3pyramid/tetra/defini.htm) Make a sphere, then 2 cuts aligned to it will do the job. You need an angle too, but that isn't variable "Laurens van Lieshout" <spam@spam.nl> wrote in message news:40a5d7cf$0$60788$cd19a363@new...

AutoCAD to CAD/CAM
I had some staff draw a sign for Laser cutting as a CAD file and sent it off for CAD/CAM Unfortunately they want it as a vector not font file - how do I convert it to a format suitable for CAD/CAM tia ...

ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?
Folks, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a dimension to a ScatterPlot3D in the form of color? I have a Perl script that generates a list of {x,y,z} for a SP3D from a molecular dynamics trajectory, and it does work, but the plot is just mono. Rather, I'd like to change the color of certain points depending on the state the trajectory is on at that time. That is, a sort of RGBColor[1,0,0] for some points, then back to [0,0,0] for others, &c. Is this possible, or should I start exploring IDL, et al? Hi Matt, you may create a plot using graphic primitives. E.g. as...

Scaling in 1 dimension
Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply a scale factor to an object but only in one direction eg along the Z axis? I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me. Cheers. AFAIK, you have to make a block, insert, differentially scale it, and then explode it and purge. You think that they would have come up with an improvement to the SCALE command by now instead of fiddling with dialogue boxes. This comes up again and again. -- MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.com "Griptor" <bcm@griptor.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:f850eeb0.0311160751.250865af@posting.google.com... > Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply a scale factor to an > object but only in one direction eg along the Z axis? I'd be very > grateful if anyone could help me. Cheers. > AFAIK, you have to make a block, insert, differentially scale it, and then Check the "leave it on screen" button and you should be able to skip the insert step. There is a Lisp routine that lets you do this on my AutoCAD Download Page http://www.cadalot.co.uk called; "xscale.lsp" xyz scaling of selected entities. This routine gives that same functionality as the CADVANCE scale command. HTH Alan (Cadalot) On 16 Nov 2003 07:51:04 -0800, bcm@griptor.freeserve.co.uk (Griptor) wrote: >Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply a scale factor to an >object but only in one direction eg along the Z ...

Does one .gz file have only one CRC32 and one ISIZE, or does every compressed block in it has one CRC32 and one ISIZE?
I am learning the format of .gz file compressed with gzip using the following document. Network Working Group P. Deutsch Request for Comments: 1952 Aladdin Enterprises Category: Informational May 1996 Does one .gz file have only one CRC32 and one ISIZE, or does every compressed block in it has one CRC32 and one ISIZE? Thanks. ...

One big one or many small ones?
I hope this comes across clearly.... I'm tinkering around with an application that will extract data from a CRM program and dump it into a collection. The ultimate goal is to get the data from the database into a MapPoint map. I can't go directly from the database to the map because I need to be able to move the data around before I plot it on the map. If I have 100 records in my database, but I'm only displaying 50 on the screen, I only want to map the 50 displayed, so doing a plain SELECT * query on the database table won't work. Using the CRM program's API, I can du...

Adding dimensions and scaling viewports
I'm a new user of AutoCad and at the moment have two problems I can't solve. I have drawn some parts in modelspace and created a number of viewports in a Layout. After I have chosen a piece of modelspace to be displayed in a certain viewport and I chance the scale I lose the piece displayed previously. Is it possible to add dimensions in a Layout (paper mode) assosiative to modelspace and also crossing the viewport's border? When I try to dimension a scaled view the dimensions value is also scaled, why is that? I'm used to Unigraphics which is very easy to use in this regard. Kind Regards Leo Yes. It varies somewhat with the particular version of AutoCAD; which one are you using? ___ "Leo Groeneveld" <leo.groeneveld@home.nl> wrote in message news:4f1f6a4.0504020726.7b5570f7@posting.google.com... > > Is it possible to add dimensions in a Layout (paper mode) assosiative > to modelspace and also crossing the viewport's border? "Paul Turvill" <nospam@turvill.com> wrote in message news:<7dqdnWrKmZ6WXtPfRVn-oQ@whidbeytel.com>... > Yes. It varies somewhat with the particular version of AutoCAD; which one > are you using? > ___ > > "Leo Groeneveld" <leo.groeneveld@home.nl> wrote in message > news:4f1f6a4.0504020726.7b5570f7@posting.google.com... > > > > Is it possible to add dimensions in a Layout (paper mode) assosiative ...

Scaling one data file
I plot two curves, where the one always lies in the y range [0:1] but the other varies, and sometimes has a much smaller y-range. I plot them with plot 'datafile' w l, 'datafile' using 1:3 w l and in some cases, the 1:3 plot hugs the zero line. Can I multiply it by some factor in the plot statement? I know I can do that in the program that writes out the data but I would also like to do it within gnuplot. -- Dieter Britz You can of course plot "" using 1:(sin($3)**2) (rtfm ;-) but have you tried plotting your secod dataset on x1y2? plot "" us 1:2 , "" using 1:3 axes x1y2 Karl On 05.11.2012 14:12, Dieter Britz wrote: > I plot two curves, where the one always lies in the y range > [0:1] but the other varies, and sometimes has a much smaller > y-range. I plot them with > > plot 'datafile' w l, 'datafile' using 1:3 w l > > and in some cases, the 1:3 plot hugs the zero line. > Can I multiply it by some factor in the plot statement? > > I know I can do that in the program that writes out the > data but I would also like to do it within gnuplot. > On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:47:43 +0100, Karl wrote: > You can of course > > plot "" using 1:(sin($3)**2) > > (rtfm ;-) but have you tried plotting your secod dataset on x1y2? > > plot "" us 1:2 , "" using 1:3 axes x1y2 > ...

Scale a spline in a single dimension
How do I scale a spline in only a single dimension. I can scale solid features in as many or few dimensions as desired, but I can not find the same feature for a 2-D spline. I know that I can dimension each point in the spline and scale it that way, but I have many splines to scale with many points in each spline. Thanks Mike On Dec 12, 4:10 pm, Michael.D.Ply...@gmail.com wrote: > How do I scale a spline in only a single dimension. I can scale solid > features in as many or few dimensions as desired, but I can not find > the same feature for a 2-D spline. I know that I can dime...

scale selection with one keystroke
Hi ! I have to repeapt the following procedure quite often: select a rectangle, scale it to (say) 50 percent. Using gimp this takes a lot of mouse clicks. I would like to write a script-fu script and assign a keystroke to it. However I don't know script-fu. How do I get the current selection, it's width, height ect and how do I scale it using script-fu. I would also appreciate any other suggestions on accelerating the above procedure (anoying is: when scale I alway have to choose the percentage symbol , I don't know how to make this default for scaling) Yours Bjoern ...

Scaling a sketch in one direction only
Can I scale a sketch in one direction only?? I have an aerofoil section and want to make it 'fatter' and not longer by a known percentage. > "Phil Evans" wrote... > Can I scale a sketch in one direction only?? > I have an aerofoil section and want to make it 'fatter' and not > longer by a known percentage. *) Make a feature out of your original sketch, either an extruded solid or extruded surface. *) Insert-> Features-> Scale *) Disable "Uniform Scaling" *) Set your scale factor Once your feature is scaled properly, create a new sk...

coordination scales on one plot?
Can I use two different axis scales on one plot? Looking for help. Thanks in advance. ...

One by One Clustering??????
Hi everyone, All the usual clustering methods I am aware of (such as k-means, Fuzzy k-means, etc.) find all the clusters together. I mean, as you know, they consider some cost function minimizing which (by an iterative method for instance) finds all the clusters. I am wondering if there is any clustering method which can find the clusters one by one. That is it can first find just one of the clusters, and then if the process is continued (I mean I need a method which can be quitted after finding any number of clusters; that is, it doesn't need to be run till finding all the clusters so a...

newsgroup alt.cad.autocad
I am sure most of you know about what happened last June. Verizon and many other providers shut down almost all of the newsgroups. A popular one was alt.cad.autocad. I am hoping that the group where we are now will be a good substitute. All the alt.* groups are gone, eventhough in the initial Verizon email, they said that the alt.* would be part of the Big Eight. They have now revised the list and all the alt.* has been eliminated. S. Smith On Jul 31, 10:50 pm, "Shirley Smith" <sasmit...@verizon.net> wrote: > I am sure most of you know about what happened last June. Verizon and many > other providers shut down almost all of the newsgroups. A popular one was > alt.cad.autocad. I am hoping that the group where we are now will be a good > substitute. All the alt.* groups are gone, eventhough in the initial > Verizon email, they said that the alt.* would be part of the Big Eight. > They have now revised the list and all the alt.* has been eliminated. > S. Smith What a shame! What, however, is "the Big Eight" (I've obviously been out of the loop for awhile)? I did begin to notice that alt.cad.autocad had begun something of a decline since I first discovered it about 10 years ago, when it was a very vibrant newsgroup. I hope something can be done to replace it. "AutoCAD - comp.cad.autocad" <v8ontherocks@gmail.com> wrote in message news:110f5b58-4750-4018-b02b-0b581deafa...

Web resources about - Scale in one dimension only? - comp.cad.autocad

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of spaces. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

Dimension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about dimensions of space. For the dimension of a quantity, see Dimensional analysis . For other uses, see Dimension (disambiguation) ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Where To Find Dimensions, Specifications For Facebook Ad Units
As Facebook continues to simplify and tweak its advertising offerings, staying on top of details such as dimensions and specifications can be ...

Samsung Galaxy S7 dimensions seemingly revealed in new schematics leak
Yesterday, a report stated Samsung would look to make the regular and 'Edge' versions of the Galaxy S7 in two different sizes. While the Galaxy ...

Exclusive: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge dimensions confirmed in new leak
Shai Mizrachi With CES and MWC coming up in the next few months, we're starting to hear more about the new flagships for the early part of the ...

Cam Newton adds new dimension to QB position, likely to add Super Bowl title to his resume
Denver has a good defense, but not great, and certainly not good enough to stop Carolina quarterback Cam Newton in the 50th Super Bowl , at Levi ...

Dimension Data Snaps up Five Global Awards at Cisco Partner Summit San Diego
Hot on the heels of last week&rsquo;s announcement that Dimension Data and Cisco have celebrated a milestone 25-year partnership, Dimension Data ...

Add new dimensions of productivity to your Mac [Deals]
Another day, another batch of new ways to trick out your Mac. From fully removing deleted apps and all their digital detritus, to creating timelapses, ...