Scale in one dimension only?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
direction? If it's possible then how is it done?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel
0
Reply rui.maciel (1816) 5/11/2009 2:25:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

On May 11, 3:25=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
> direction? If it's possible then how is it done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Maciel

Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
0
Reply strawberry 5/11/2009 2:43:03 PM

On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!

That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
more straight forward way such as a specific command?

Rui Maciel
0
Reply Rui 5/11/2009 3:29:42 PM

On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.

Good luck.
0
Reply strawberry 5/11/2009 3:44:44 PM

On May 11, 8:44=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> > That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> > more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> > Rui Maciel
>
> If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.
>
> Good luck.

Your description is correct, but lacks one thing.  The mention of the
Properties dialog or palette to scale the block in either the X or Y
axis.

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
0
Reply Bill 5/12/2009 2:11:27 PM

On 11 Maj, 17:29, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

There are way's but not more strait forwerts, in fact it ask a bit of
knowleage but then you also make sure there will be no foults
exploding non uniform blocks, as there are no blocks. You can change
the entity database based on calculations of the code 10 and 11
sublists according to the scale factor sublist, it is simple
calculations, but you realy has to know a few of the more advanced
commands such as mapcar and apply ; done it with design issues where
an explode was nessery to calculate the the real not the scaled
dimensions xyz, also you need to point out if you ude a plain block,
the x y and z values.
0
Reply P 5/12/2009 3:33:27 PM
comp.cad.autocad 3797 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Let one dimension follows another dimension
Hi, is it not possible, to let a distance always be 1/3 length of another dimension ? like here I need "B" to be 1/3 of "A" -I have a screenshot at: http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/27113302818.jpg&s=x4 SW 2001+ Thanks Henrik It's... "D2@Sketch1"="D1@Sketch1"/3 Search help under "equation" ... -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG You could do this with sketch relations if you wanted. Draw a centerline through the middle of the shape and divide it into three segments. Constrain the three segments co...

scaling limits of one-message/one-file mailbox layouts
It was just claimed to me that, with the exception of nss, Linux filesystems are limited to 32K objects/directory. That would seem to impose a per mailbox message limit of 32K in those mailbox formats (such as netnews spool, mh, maildir, and Cyrus) which store each message in a separate file. I'm not sure that I believe this. ISTR heavily spammed newsgroups with 6-digit message counts. I would have thought that our friends at CMU would have hit a 32K message wall by now in Cyrus if it was real. We're certainly working with mix mailboxes with many more than 32K mess...

How to multiply a fixed vector to one dimension of a multi-dimension matrix?
Below is a Matlab script to apply a "fixed window function" along one dimension. Although it works, but is not elegant as a Matlab script. [L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6] = size(fids); for n1=1:L1 for n3=1:L3 for n4=1:L4 for n5=1:L5 for n6=1:L6 fids(n1,:,n3,n4,n5,n6) = fids(n1,:,n3,n4,n5,n6) .* window; end end end end end Where window is a vector with the size equal to L2. Is there a "Matlab" way to make this ...

Should dimension change with scaling
I have always wondered why they haven't. maybe it just my understanding of what going on behind the scene, but I would think that you could write some code so that it would simply take all of the dimensions and mulitply it by the scale factor that you input. I could see things getting more complicated if it weren't a uniform scale. i.e. changing only the X, or Y and not the Z. Maybe one of you guys might have an simple explination as to why this is. are you scaling the part, or the drawing? dimensions are independent of drawing scale; if you want to change the dimensions you need ...

ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?
Folks, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a dimension to a ScatterPlot3D in the form of color? I have a Perl script that generates a list of {x,y,z} for a SP3D from a molecular dynamics trajectory, and it does work, but the plot is just mono. Rather, I'd like to change the color of certain points depending on the state the trajectory is on at that time. That is, a sort of RGBColor[1,0,0] for some points, then back to [0,0,0] for others, &c. Is this possible, or should I start exploring IDL, et al? Hi Matt, you may create a plot using graphic primitives. E.g. as...

Scaling in 1 dimension
Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply a scale factor to an object but only in one direction eg along the Z axis? I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me. Cheers. AFAIK, you have to make a block, insert, differentially scale it, and then explode it and purge. You think that they would have come up with an improvement to the SCALE command by now instead of fiddling with dialogue boxes. This comes up again and again. -- MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.com "Griptor" <bcm@griptor.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:f850eeb0.0311160751.2508...

tetraeder with one dimension
Hi, I'm having a problem to make, in wildfire, a tetraeder. I can't make the model with one dimension. I want for modification reasons one dimension variable. So I can easy blow up the model. Who can help me? Laurens For definition of a tetraeder see http://www.hhg-muenchen.de/homepage/mundn/geo10a/3pyramid/tetra/defini.htm) Make a sphere, then 2 cuts aligned to it will do the job. You need an angle too, but that isn't variable "Laurens van Lieshout" <spam@spam.nl> wrote in message news:40a5d7cf$0$60788$cd19a363@new...

coordination scales on one plot?
Can I use two different axis scales on one plot? Looking for help. Thanks in advance. ...

Scaling more than one object when printing?
Hi all,I'm using the following code to scale a jpg that I've loaded off diskin a Java application: Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D)g; g2d.translate(x0,y0 ); g2d.scale( scaleFactor,scaleFactor ); AffineTransform at = AffineTransform.getTranslateInstance(x0,y0); BufferedImage bufImage = this.toBufferedImage(this.imgSource); g2d.drawRenderedImage(bufImage, at);The image scales correctly as determined by "scaleFactor", however Ialso have some rectangles on the same page and they are scaling aswell. How do I apply the transformation just to the image and not toeverything else...

CONTOURing one dimension data
Hi, I have a data of one dimension. I want to contour it over a continents map. How to CONTOUR one dimension data. Please help me. cheers ...

bsxfun with ONE output dimension?
Hi, I need to use the functionality of bsxfun() on a function that takes a N x M matrix and a 1 x M vector as inputs, and outputs a vector of length 1 x M. It looks like bsxfun() would work if my function output was size N x M. I am doing something simpler than that, so it should be possible. What can I do? ( To be clear, I'd like the Jth element of the output to be the result of applying the function to the Jth column of the NxM input and the Jth element of the 1xM input. ) "Nadav Recca" wrote in message <ime2cd$pi2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > >...

How to delete one dimension of matrice?
Hello! I have this kind of matrice: Name Size Bytes Class medx6 2x501x6000 48096000 double array Now I want to delete one dimension of it. So that I get it like: Name Size Bytes Class 2Dmedx6 501x6000 48096000 double array My question is how to do that? Thanks for any help! Jamo I only need to get rid of one dimension. 2x501x6000 -> 501x6000. Of course the number of bytes will change. My bad. Jamo <jkuivani@paju.oulu.fi> writes: >Hello! >I hav...

Re: ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?
At 06:29 AM 3/15/2006 -0500, Matt Thompson wrote: >Folks, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a dimension to a >ScatterPlot3D in the form of color? I have a Perl script that generates a >list of {x,y,z} for a SP3D from a molecular dynamics trajectory, and it >does work, but the plot is just mono. > >Rather, I'd like to change the color of certain points depending on the >state the trajectory is on at that time. That is, a sort of >RGBColor[1,0,0] for some points, then back to [0,0,0] for others, &c. > >Is this possible, or should...

scale selection with one keystroke
Hi ! I have to repeapt the following procedure quite often: select a rectangle, scale it to (say) 50 percent. Using gimp this takes a lot of mouse clicks. I would like to write a script-fu script and assign a keystroke to it. However I don't know script-fu. How do I get the current selection, it's width, height ect and how do I scale it using script-fu. I would also appreciate any other suggestions on accelerating the above procedure (anoying is: when scale I alway have to choose the percentage symbol , I don't know how to make this default for scaling) Yours Bjoern ...

Scaling a sketch in one direction only
Can I scale a sketch in one direction only?? I have an aerofoil section and want to make it 'fatter' and not longer by a known percentage. > "Phil Evans" wrote... > Can I scale a sketch in one direction only?? > I have an aerofoil section and want to make it 'fatter' and not > longer by a known percentage. *) Make a feature out of your original sketch, either an extruded solid or extruded surface. *) Insert-> Features-> Scale *) Disable "Uniform Scaling" *) Set your scale factor Once your feature is scaled properly, create a new sk...

Scale a spline in a single dimension
How do I scale a spline in only a single dimension. I can scale solid features in as many or few dimensions as desired, but I can not find the same feature for a 2-D spline. I know that I can dimension each point in the spline and scale it that way, but I have many splines to scale with many points in each spline. Thanks Mike On Dec 12, 4:10 pm, Michael.D.Ply...@gmail.com wrote: > How do I scale a spline in only a single dimension. I can scale solid > features in as many or few dimensions as desired, but I can not find > the same feature for a 2-D spline. I know that I can dime...

Scale factor less than one?
Does anyone know if it is possible to scale a SolidWorks file by a factor less than 1? I'm working on some model protoypes at full scale and wish to reduce them at a later date. Can the export data be modified, or can the SolidWorks file be transformed by modifying the measurements in a Visual Basic program? Thanks. bb I do scaling at a factor of less than 1 occassionally. It works fine. jk "Bryan Buss´┐Ży" <BBussey@optonline.net> wrote in message news:nfKdc.3427$Eg.1000713@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > Does anyone know if it is possible to scale a SolidWorks file ...

How to resize only one axes dimension?
Is there a way to resize just a single element of the axes position vector? for instance... h1 = plot(x,y); set(h1,'Position',[0 0 1 1]); where [0 0 1 1] = [xmin ymin length width] what if I wanted to let matlab automatically set the axes position except for length? I thought I might be able to do something such as ['auto' 'auto' 1 'auto'] but that didn't work and I couldn't find any information about this in the help section. "David " <duder12@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:gst83i$g6j$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Is there a way ...

Scaling one data file
I plot two curves, where the one always lies in the y range [0:1] but the other varies, and sometimes has a much smaller y-range. I plot them with plot 'datafile' w l, 'datafile' using 1:3 w l and in some cases, the 1:3 plot hugs the zero line. Can I multiply it by some factor in the plot statement? I know I can do that in the program that writes out the data but I would also like to do it within gnuplot. -- Dieter Britz You can of course plot "" using 1:(sin($3)**2) (rtfm ;-) but have you tried plotting your secod dataset on x1y2? plot &q...

One dimension, three or more states
Hi, there are a lot of articles about specific binary one-dimensional cellular automata (rule 110, rule 53, and others). But are there any articles that describe the behaviour of linear cellular automata with more than two states? Here I am interesting in "naturally" occuring automata, not those constructed for a specific purpose. (Those automata usually have a lot of states and/or an incomplete rule table. Three states and radius 1 would be ideal, but I wont't be picky.) -- Markus Redeker Hamburg, Germany This is ...

Adding dimensions and scaling viewports
I'm a new user of AutoCad and at the moment have two problems I can't solve. I have drawn some parts in modelspace and created a number of viewports in a Layout. After I have chosen a piece of modelspace to be displayed in a certain viewport and I chance the scale I lose the piece displayed previously. Is it possible to add dimensions in a Layout (paper mode) assosiative to modelspace and also crossing the viewport's border? When I try to dimension a scaled view the dimensions value is also scaled, why is that? I'm used to Unigraphics which is very easy to use in t...

CONTOURing one dimension data #2
Hi, I have a structured data of one dimension (ex: data.field14). I want to contour it over a continents map. How to CONTOUR one dimension data. Please help me. On Feb 7, 12:46=A0am, shambhu <shambhu.mc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a structured data of one dimension (ex: data.field14). I want > to contour it over a continents map. How to CONTOUR one dimension > data. > > Please help me. Hi, I'm not sure I understand completely, but since a contour identifies groups of similar value in a set, then you could use VALUE_LOCATE to group your data. x =3D...

slicing one dimension, copying all others
Hi, I am looking for a way to slice along one dimension and copy along all others. I am looping through the fields of a structure. The data for each field is a matrix with 2 or more dimensions. Along the first dimension, all have the same size, but the other dimensions differ. I want to slice on the first dimension, and keep all others the same. For example: M = lon: [2265x90 double] lat: [2265x90 double] time: [2265x1 double] tb: [2265x90x5 double] becomes M = lon: [2148x90 double] lat: [2148x90 double] time: [2148x1 double] ...

scaling problems with sun one ldap?
Taking a look at this ldap system and I've heard some anecdotal stories about the system not scalig beyond a few thousand users. Anyone care to share their experiences with it? I've got it running with about 20 systems and 50 accounts and no problems. Granted this is a lab environment. Performance was a big issue for us, but we are supporting 300,000+ users we end up going with Novell eDirecotory. <ronj321@spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h82dnXBml5qdEzCiU-KYiw@giganews.com... > Taking a look at this ldap system and I've heard some > anecdotal stories about th...