Scale in one dimension only?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
direction? If it's possible then how is it done?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel
0
Reply rui.maciel (1816) 5/11/2009 2:25:16 PM

See related articles to this posting

On May 11, 3:25=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to scale a selection of drawing primitives only in one
> direction? If it's possible then how is it done?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Rui Maciel

Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
0
Reply strawberry 5/11/2009 2:43:03 PM

On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!

That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
more straight forward way such as a specific command?

Rui Maciel
0
Reply Rui 5/11/2009 3:29:42 PM

On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.

Good luck.
0
Reply strawberry 5/11/2009 3:44:44 PM

On May 11, 8:44=A0am, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 4:29=A0pm, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> > That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> > more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> > Rui Maciel
>
> If you can think of a better way, I'm all ears.
>
> Good luck.

Your description is correct, but lacks one thing.  The mention of the
Properties dialog or palette to scale the block in either the X or Y
axis.

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
0
Reply Bill 5/12/2009 2:11:27 PM

On 11 Maj, 17:29, Rui Maciel <rui.mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 11, 3:43 pm, strawberry <zac.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes. First a make a block from the objects. Then scale them. Then
> > adjust the x or y scale back to 1 as required. Be careful, as errors
> > can occur when exploding non-uniformly scaled blocks!
>
> That sounds good. Still, it looks like a bit of a hack. Isn't there a
> more straight forward way such as a specific command?
>
> Rui Maciel

There are way's but not more strait forwerts, in fact it ask a bit of
knowleage but then you also make sure there will be no foults
exploding non uniform blocks, as there are no blocks. You can change
the entity database based on calculations of the code 10 and 11
sublists according to the scale factor sublist, it is simple
calculations, but you realy has to know a few of the more advanced
commands such as mapcar and apply ; done it with design issues where
an explode was nessery to calculate the the real not the scaled
dimensions xyz, also you need to point out if you ude a plain block,
the x y and z values.
0
Reply P 5/12/2009 3:33:27 PM

http://www.cad-addict.com/2009/05/autocad-scale-objects-in-one-dimension.html?m=1

Is the only way to do it.
0
Reply kunal 7/26/2014 10:51:40 AM
comp.cad.autocad 3798 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Let one dimension follows another dimension
Hi, is it not possible, to let a distance always be 1/3 length of another dimension ? like here I need "B" to be 1/3 of "A" -I have a screenshot at: http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/27113302818.jpg&s=x4 SW 2001+ Thanks Henrik It's... "D2@Sketch1"="D1@Sketch1"/3 Search help under "equation" ... -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG You could do this with sketch relations if you wanted. Draw a centerline through the middle of the shape and divide it into three segments. Constrain the three segments co...

scaling limits of one-message/one-file mailbox layouts
It was just claimed to me that, with the exception of nss, Linux filesystems are limited to 32K objects/directory. That would seem to impose a per mailbox message limit of 32K in those mailbox formats (such as netnews spool, mh, maildir, and Cyrus) which store each message in a separate file. I'm not sure that I believe this. ISTR heavily spammed newsgroups with 6-digit message counts. I would have thought that our friends at CMU would have hit a 32K message wall by now in Cyrus if it was real. We're certainly working with mix mailboxes with many more than 32K mess...

one to one
How would you create a one to one relationship in FMP 9? I am practicing with setting up relationships and would like to experiment with this but all of mine are coming up one to many. lariveesl <lariveeslNO@yahooSPAM.com> wrote: > How would you create a one to one relationship in FMP 9? I am practicing > with setting up relationships and would like to experiment with this but all > of mine are coming up one to many. It's the same thing. You may want to make sure no one creates more than one child record using privileges, custom menus and scripts. -- http://clk...

one to one
Hi all, I have two datasets X and Y. See the below code. data X; input a ; cards; 100 200 300 ; data Y; input a; cards; 10 20 30 ; data Z; set X; if _n_ = 3; set Y; run; I know this is one to one reading. output: a 10 how this step will work internally. Well first your are reading in dataset X but you said to keep only the third observation. But you are also reading in dataset Y at the same time and it also keeps the third observation. Since X and Y has the same field a, SAS keeps the value from Y because it was called later. Make sense? "Ravi" wrote in message news:a...

One to One
I am trying to create a one to one releationship between two tables. The tables and the constraints are described below. I do not believe that I am accomplishing my goal.May I please have a input? The business rull is that one person should exist as the primary contact for the customer. CREATE TABLE CUSTOMER ( customer_id NUMBER NOT NULL, customer_type VARCHAR2(32 BYTE) NOT NULL, customer_display_name VARCHAR2(35 BYTE) NOT NULL, primary_contact_id NUMBER NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT pk_customer PRIMARY KEY (customer_id), CONSTRAINT idx_primary_contact UNIQUE (...

dimension of a dimension
Greetings. I went through all articles and books but could not find a decent answer to the following warehouse design problem. We are a bank, and we have millions of customers. Some of our customers are firms, and we coordinate paychecks on behalf of them. Their employees are also our customers. You can see that there is a self-reference to the customer dimension. We need to keep an attribute over the customer dimension indicating who his employer is. The problem here is that we need to keep history for this customer dimension, likely to be Kimball Type2. However anytime an...

one-to-one
Does anyone have any opinions or comments on one-to-one relationships? I'm working on developing a single-table database I inherited into something that I hope will be a little more useful. The database contains records of individuals including both members and non-members of our organization. There are a number of attributes that apply only to members--orientation date, officer status and such--and I'm wondering whether it might make sense to have a separate table just for members with those fields rather than cluttering up the general table for individuals with attributes that...

How to multiply a fixed vector to one dimension of a multi-dimension matrix?
Below is a Matlab script to apply a "fixed window function" along one dimension. Although it works, but is not elegant as a Matlab script. [L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6] = size(fids); for n1=1:L1 for n3=1:L3 for n4=1:L4 for n5=1:L5 for n6=1:L6 fids(n1,:,n3,n4,n5,n6) = fids(n1,:,n3,n4,n5,n6) .* window; end end end end end Where window is a vector with the size equal to L2. Is there a "Matlab" way to make this ...

One man,one goat,one cabbage and one wolf
Hi, I have tried to solve the problem mentioned in the subject. What I wrote doesn't go through all possibilities up to depth 8(which is what I wanted). We are trasnfering the objects from Left -> Right If at any time the Left bank remains empty then we immediately exit. The sideGood predicate assures that the side is in conformity with our rules (there should be no [wolf,goat] pair or [goat,cabbage] pair on that side). So,it can be tested with traverse([wolf,cabbage,goat],[],0). However,it does not hit a solution(altough it was expected to do so because depth has been limited to 8,and...

Should dimension change with scaling
I have always wondered why they haven't. maybe it just my understanding of what going on behind the scene, but I would think that you could write some code so that it would simply take all of the dimensions and mulitply it by the scale factor that you input. I could see things getting more complicated if it weren't a uniform scale. i.e. changing only the X, or Y and not the Z. Maybe one of you guys might have an simple explination as to why this is. are you scaling the part, or the drawing? dimensions are independent of drawing scale; if you want to change the dimensions you need ...

ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?
Folks, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a dimension to a ScatterPlot3D in the form of color? I have a Perl script that generates a list of {x,y,z} for a SP3D from a molecular dynamics trajectory, and it does work, but the plot is just mono. Rather, I'd like to change the color of certain points depending on the state the trajectory is on at that time. That is, a sort of RGBColor[1,0,0] for some points, then back to [0,0,0] for others, &c. Is this possible, or should I start exploring IDL, et al? Hi Matt, you may create a plot using graphic primitives. E.g. as...

Scaling in 1 dimension
Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply a scale factor to an object but only in one direction eg along the Z axis? I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me. Cheers. AFAIK, you have to make a block, insert, differentially scale it, and then explode it and purge. You think that they would have come up with an improvement to the SCALE command by now instead of fiddling with dialogue boxes. This comes up again and again. -- MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.com "Griptor" <bcm@griptor.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:f850eeb0.0311160751.2508...

tetraeder with one dimension
Hi, I'm having a problem to make, in wildfire, a tetraeder. I can't make the model with one dimension. I want for modification reasons one dimension variable. So I can easy blow up the model. Who can help me? Laurens For definition of a tetraeder see http://www.hhg-muenchen.de/homepage/mundn/geo10a/3pyramid/tetra/defini.htm) Make a sphere, then 2 cuts aligned to it will do the job. You need an angle too, but that isn't variable "Laurens van Lieshout" <spam@spam.nl> wrote in message news:40a5d7cf$0$60788$cd19a363@new...

Does one .gz file have only one CRC32 and one ISIZE, or does every compressed block in it has one CRC32 and one ISIZE?
I am learning the format of .gz file compressed with gzip using the following document. Network Working Group P. Deutsch Request for Comments: 1952 Aladdin Enterprises Category: Informational May 1996 Does one .gz file have only one CRC32 and one ISIZE, or does every compressed block in it has one CRC32 and one ISIZE? Thanks. ...

One big one or many small ones?
I hope this comes across clearly.... I'm tinkering around with an application that will extract data from a CRM program and dump it into a collection. The ultimate goal is to get the data from the database into a MapPoint map. I can't go directly from the database to the map because I need to be able to move the data around before I plot it on the map. If I have 100 records in my database, but I'm only displaying 50 on the screen, I only want to map the 50 displayed, so doing a plain SELECT * query on the database table won't work. Using the CRM program's API, I can du...

coordination scales on one plot?
Can I use two different axis scales on one plot? Looking for help. Thanks in advance. ...

One to one mapping
hi all, I have following functions on netinet/in.h on my Linux Box. But man pages are not present for these APIs on my Linux Box. inet6_option_space inet6_option_init inet6_option_alloc inet6_option_next inet6_option_find. By leafing through the header files i came to know that these are Hop-by-Hop and Destination Options Processing APIs. I just want to know whether these APIs are equivalent for inet6_opt_* APIs on HP-UX. Can i achieve one to one mapping to inet6_opt* on HP-UX using these functions on Linux?? thanks in advance seema_coma In comp.sys.hp.hpux seema_coma@yahoo.co.in wrote: [ w...

One by One Clustering??????
Hi everyone, All the usual clustering methods I am aware of (such as k-means, Fuzzy k-means, etc.) find all the clusters together. I mean, as you know, they consider some cost function minimizing which (by an iterative method for instance) finds all the clusters. I am wondering if there is any clustering method which can find the clusters one by one. That is it can first find just one of the clusters, and then if the process is continued (I mean I need a method which can be quitted after finding any number of clusters; that is, it doesn't need to be run till finding all the clusters so a...

Scaling more than one object when printing?
Hi all,I'm using the following code to scale a jpg that I've loaded off diskin a Java application: Graphics2D g2d = (Graphics2D)g; g2d.translate(x0,y0 ); g2d.scale( scaleFactor,scaleFactor ); AffineTransform at = AffineTransform.getTranslateInstance(x0,y0); BufferedImage bufImage = this.toBufferedImage(this.imgSource); g2d.drawRenderedImage(bufImage, at);The image scales correctly as determined by "scaleFactor", however Ialso have some rectangles on the same page and they are scaling aswell. How do I apply the transformation just to the image and not toeverything else...

CONTOURing one dimension data
Hi, I have a data of one dimension. I want to contour it over a continents map. How to CONTOUR one dimension data. Please help me. cheers ...

bsxfun with ONE output dimension?
Hi, I need to use the functionality of bsxfun() on a function that takes a N x M matrix and a 1 x M vector as inputs, and outputs a vector of length 1 x M. It looks like bsxfun() would work if my function output was size N x M. I am doing something simpler than that, so it should be possible. What can I do? ( To be clear, I'd like the Jth element of the output to be the result of applying the function to the Jth column of the NxM input and the Jth element of the 1xM input. ) "Nadav Recca" wrote in message <ime2cd$pi2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > >...

How to delete one dimension of matrice?
Hello! I have this kind of matrice: Name Size Bytes Class medx6 2x501x6000 48096000 double array Now I want to delete one dimension of it. So that I get it like: Name Size Bytes Class 2Dmedx6 501x6000 48096000 double array My question is how to do that? Thanks for any help! Jamo I only need to get rid of one dimension. 2x501x6000 -> 501x6000. Of course the number of bytes will change. My bad. Jamo <jkuivani@paju.oulu.fi> writes: >Hello! >I hav...

Re: ScatterPlot3D with One More Dimension?
At 06:29 AM 3/15/2006 -0500, Matt Thompson wrote: >Folks, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a dimension to a >ScatterPlot3D in the form of color? I have a Perl script that generates a >list of {x,y,z} for a SP3D from a molecular dynamics trajectory, and it >does work, but the plot is just mono. > >Rather, I'd like to change the color of certain points depending on the >state the trajectory is on at that time. That is, a sort of >RGBColor[1,0,0] for some points, then back to [0,0,0] for others, &c. > >Is this possible, or should...

scale selection with one keystroke
Hi ! I have to repeapt the following procedure quite often: select a rectangle, scale it to (say) 50 percent. Using gimp this takes a lot of mouse clicks. I would like to write a script-fu script and assign a keystroke to it. However I don't know script-fu. How do I get the current selection, it's width, height ect and how do I scale it using script-fu. I would also appreciate any other suggestions on accelerating the above procedure (anoying is: when scale I alway have to choose the percentage symbol , I don't know how to make this default for scaling) Yours Bjoern ...