Unhandled Access violation error

After years of successful operation, my trusty LT2002 program running on XP
SP2 suddenly crashes with the error:

Unhandled access violation reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh

It usually happens in the first few minutes I am using it (but long enough
for me to do enough work that it pains me to lose).  I tried reloading it,
but no help.

I loaded it on a new Vista machine, and it ran...for about 15 minutes...then
crashed, along with my work.  Does anyone have any experience with this type
of thing?

Ward

0
Ward
8/22/2007 6:04:25 AM
comp.cad.autocad 3784 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

It seems that the problem is connected with the hardware acceleration of the
video card; perhaps it has been automatically increased by a software
recently installed (as google earth); try to reduce ist (right click on the
desktop, and then "properties", "setting", "problem resolution").

Ferruccio Levi

"Ward Calaway" <res00562@gte.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> After years of successful operation, my trusty LT2002 program running on
> XP SP2 suddenly crashes with the error:
>
> Unhandled access violation reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh
>
> It usually happens in the first few minutes I am using it (but long enough
> for me to do enough work that it pains me to lose).  I tried reloading it,
> but no help.
>
> I loaded it on a new Vista machine, and it ran...for about 15
> minutes...then crashed, along with my work.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this type of thing?
>
> Ward

0
ferruccio
8/22/2007 6:46:07 AM
Thanks for your help.  I have reduced the acceleration to zero and dropped
the color quality to minimum.  They both were in maximum settings.  The
Screen resolution is set at the native 1680 x 1050.  Setting it lower didn't
seem to help.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.

"ferruccio levi" <ferruccio.levi@viaarchimede.it> wrote in message
> It seems that the problem is connected with the hardware acceleration of
> the video card; perhaps it has been automatically increased by a software
> recently installed (as google earth); try to reduce ist (right click on
> the desktop, and then "properties", "setting", "problem resolution").
>
> Ferruccio Levi
>
> "Ward Calaway" <res00562@gte.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> After years of successful operation, my trusty LT2002 program running on
>> XP SP2 suddenly crashes with the error:
>>
>> Unhandled access violation reading 0x0040 Exception at 6ce39eh
>>
>> It usually happens in the first few minutes I am using it (but long
>> enough for me to do enough work that it pains me to lose).  I tried
>> reloading it, but no help.
>>
>> I loaded it on a new Vista machine, and it ran...for about 15
>> minutes...then crashed, along with my work.  Does anyone have any
>> experience with this type of thing?
>>
>> Ward

0
Ward