Cadence Spectre Error

Hi all,

I am in the middle of a tapeout and suddenly spectre simulator is not
running anymore. When I try to open the Analysis window in the Analog
Design Environment, it gives me the following error:

sevEditSelectedAnas('sevsession1)
* Field is "pac_special" *
*Error* hiCreateCyclicField: Value must be a string or icon list
ERROR

The Analysis window simply doesnot show up. From what I could gather
fiddling around with ADE, this is specifically a Spectre problem
because when I change the simulator to HSPICE and try to set the
analyses, the Analysis window pops open.

The tapeout date is near. Please help!! Thank you so much.

Regards,
SP
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

Cadence RF Spectre --Bus Error
Hi all, I am getting some "Bus error" while simulating my RF circuit. Basically I am doing PSS analysis followed by PAC(some sideband error is also there with PAC, "Sidebands limit reached"). The exact format of the error is given below: Error found by spectre during PAC analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac', during sweep analysis 'sweeppss' Too many Sidebands requested. You requested 301, the limit is 250 Analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac' terminated prematurely due to error modelParameter: writing model parameter values to rawfile. element: writing instance paramenter values to rawfile. Internal error found in spectre during info 'element'. Please run 'getSpectreFiles' or send the netlist, the spectre log file, the behavioral model files, and any other information that can help identify the problem to support@cadence.com Bus Error On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:08:39 -0400, ankjain wrote: > Hi all, > I am getting some "Bus error" while simulating my RF circuit. > Basically I am doing PSS analysis followed by PAC(some sideband error is > also there with PAC, "Sidebands limit reached"). The exact format of the > error is given below: > > Error found by spectre during PAC analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac', during > sweep analysis 'sweeppss' > > Too many Sidebands requested. You requested 301, the limit is 250 > > Analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac' terminate...

Singular Matrix Errors in Cadence Spectre NCSIM
Hi Could you please help me out in debugging the analog Errors while simulating a VHDLAMS transistor level designs. The error from spectre looks like: "Error found by spectre during DC solution estimation, during IC analysis, during transient analysis `amsAnalysis'. Matrix is singular (detected at `tb_output' and `uInv.A1.irn'). ncsim:*E, RNALER: simulation terminated due to analog error" I have no clue how to debug the Problem Thanks in advance. your help is awaited. --Srinivas ...

SPECTRE-4080 error after updating to cadence,2008a + license issues
(I think Sourcelink would be a better place for this query, I'll ask our admin for the account info and check there) Our university updated our cadence suite from 2007a to 2008a this week and many users are encountering this SPECTRE-4080 error (no circuit found in schematic) when trying to simulate. One person in my lab said deleting his psf results folder solves this problem, but it reoccurs after a few simulations. Is there something in the environment that needs to be changed? Also, i noticed that there are a lot more UNSUPPORTED errors in the license log file than before upgrading. How big of an issue is this? Cadence support generated a new license for us because most of our features were denied upon upgrading. "Analog_Design_Environment_L" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "34510" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "Virtuoso_Schem_Option" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "34500" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "Virtuoso_Layout_Suite_XL" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "Virtuoso_Layout_Suite_L" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "Virtuoso_Spectre_XL" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) "34510" (BD668BF36F069B803178) "34500" (5D563BB3477B5539BE52) "ULTRASIM_GXL" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS ) Indeed these features aren't part of our license, but I don't think anyone is invoking them specifically. A quick look over the old log file only shows feature 32500 being unsupported. we&#...

Debugging Analog Errors while simulating VHDLAMS behavioral code using Cadence Spectre
Hi Could you please help me out in debugging the analog Errors while simulating a VHDLAMS transistor level designs. The error from spectre looks like: "Error found by spectre during DC solution estimation, during IC analysis, during transient analysis `amsAnalysis'. Matrix is singular (detected at `tb_output' and `uInv.A1.irn'). ncsim:*E, RNALER: simulation terminated due to analog error" I have no clue how to debug the Problem Thanks in advance. your help is awaited. --Srinivas ...

Debugging Analog Errors while simulating VHDLAMS behavioral code using Cadence Spectre #2
Hi Could you please help me out in debugging the analog Errors while simulating a VHDLAMS transistor level designs. The error from spectre looks like: "Error found by spectre during DC solution estimation, during IC analysis, during transient analysis `amsAnalysis'. Matrix is singular (detected at `tb_output' and `uInv.A1.irn'). ncsim:*E, RNALER: simulation terminated due to analog error" I have no clue how to debug the Problem Thanks in advance. your help is awaited. --Srinivas ...

cadence
Hey, guys! I have two questions: 1) how to convert the cadence technology file .tf to L-Edit tdb file? 2) how to make an array of opening in one layer in Virtuoso? Thanks! For 2) the simplest way is to create a cell that has the "opening in one layer" and then place an array of this cell in your cell. Thanks! I finally also found this way vdvalk@rogers.com wrote: > For 2) the simplest way is to create a cell that has the "opening in > one layer" and then place an array of this cell in your cell. Tanner L-Edit may import a .tf file and save it in .db format. Some features need to be checked manually. ============== Kholdoun TORKI http://cmp.imag.fr ============== Virtuoso wrote: > Hey, guys! I have two questions: > > 1) how to convert the cadence technology > file .tf to L-Edit tdb file? > 2) how to make an array of opening in one layer in Virtuoso? > > Thanks! > ...

Error while running cadence!
Dear all, I had very little idea about the setup and configuration of cadence in Linux. I was successfully running cadence using "./ace51" command. But, today I got an error which says: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ../ace51: line 694: /setup/GetENV: No such file or directory Hercules path : /bin/ **ACE51 Install Error** No ace50 generic release in --> /software/designPackages/designPackages/cmos9/current/tools/ace/ public/generic_50.lnx/release --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ** Please contact Support Hotline (408) 721-5122 for ACE51 Install Error ** - ACE Environment Group ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do anybody have any idea why it is throwing error. Certainly there are some alteration in the configuration, because previously it was running fine; but I am unable to catch the loophole. Please help me out. Regards Samiran On May 26, 7:37=A0am, Samiran <samiran....@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I had very little ...

error in cadence simulation
Dear all, I was trying to run a simple simulation in cadence Spectre. I got the following error. Any idea what it could mean?. /*********************** *Error* Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log has not been generated. Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for the version of the simulator specified in the userCmdLineOption field are supported for the simulator. Alternatively, run the simulator standalone using the runSimulation file in the netlist directory to know the exact cause of the error. /*********************** Since I'm new to schematic, I'm not sure about the error. I also tried running the netlist as said in the error message, but it didn't work(I tried simulating both 'input.scs' and 'runSimualtion' file ). /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools/bin/spectre: line 180: 8906 Killed /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools.lnx86/ spectre/bin/spectre input.scs Thanks and regards, Lokesh ...

Cadence LVS error
Hi, I am getting an error while running the LVS in Cadence. The error message says: The inv schematic has changed after it was last extracted. si: the netlist did not complete successfully. I had completed a sucessful LVS check on this schematic some time ago. No suddenly I see this error. I have not modified any schematics/ layout/ extracted layout. This error is not limited to onr schematic but all the schematics present in my library. I am not sure how to resolve this issue. Can someone please hyelp me find solution for this problem? Any help is really appreciated. Thank you, Pallavi On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, pallavi wrote: > I am getting an error while running the LVS in Cadence. The error > message says: The inv schematic has changed after it was last > extracted. si: the netlist did not complete successfully. The only times I have seen that, the "solution" is to open the schematic and do a "check and save" on it. Further in your post, you mention that you made no schematic edits, so I have no idea why the schematics would suddenly need to have this done again. Did you by chance replace, or rename a reference library? I would recomend trying to run LVS on a very small simple schematic, and see if the "check and save" works... If it does, then I have no idea what would have caused your entire library to mess up like that. On Oct 5, 11:51 am, The Master <tar...@nospam.sdf.lonestar.org.nospam> wrote: > On Fri, 5...

Cadence Spectre SAVE issue
Hi everyone, This is my first posting here. I have a question for those who have used cadence spectre outside the ADE environment. I am running spectremdl on a spectre netlist. Now I want to be able to save the differences between two node voltages and view the graphical plot from the *raw file. I know how to view plots when I save a single voltage or a current, but I am unable to calculate (say) the differences between two voltages. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Hi, Are you using WaveScan? You can use Calculator to write some expressions, including the difference of two voltages. To use Calculator, the format of waveform must be PSF, and it is the default format of Spectre. For Spectre, the expression in save statement isn't supported. And Spectremdl can't save waveform if I remember correctly. It is easy for a Waveform tool to do simple calculation. Yuchun abulnk wrote: > Hi everyone, > > This is my first posting here. > > > I have a question for those who have used cadence spectre outside the > ADE environment. I am running spectremdl on a spectre netlist. Now I > want to be able to save the differences between two node voltages and > view the graphical plot from the *raw file. I know how to view plots > when I save a single voltage or a current, but I am unable to calculate > > (say) the differences between two voltages. Any suggestion will be > appreciated. ...

Help. Cadence Spectre Simulation
Hello, Just met a strange problem while running Spectre simulation. I was trying to change the instance parameter (resistance value) and see the change of waveform. After I changed the parameter and rerun the simulation (third/forth try), the waveform shows the previous simulation result. I need to exit ICFB , then restart it to run the simulation in order to get the correct waveform. Any suggestion? Thanks! iFresh On Jun 26, 10:23 am, qjin.resear...@gmail.com wrote: > the change of waveform. After I changed the parameter and rerun the > simulation (third/forth try), the waveform shows the previous > simulation result. I've had this happen. Try Simulation->Stop instead of a full quit/ restart, and see if that helps. -Jay- <jayl-news@accelerant.net> wrote in message news:1182889343.620490.129830@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > On Jun 26, 10:23 am, qjin.resear...@gmail.com wrote: > > the change of waveform. After I changed the parameter and rerun the > > simulation (third/forth try), the waveform shows the previous > > simulation result. > > I've had this happen. Try Simulation->Stop instead of a full quit/ > restart, > and see if that helps. > > -Jay- > > I guess you need to do the re-"netlist and run" instead of re-"run" because you have modified your resistor parameter. Cheers. On 27 Jun., 12:14, "fredo" <f...@hotmail.com> wrote: > <...

Solve the DRC error in Cadence???
Hi, I already solved all the DRC errors in my design. But the method to solve the following problem seems stupid. > \o 1 Label/Pin "A" is causing two nets to > have the same name. > \o 1 Label/Pin "D" is causing two nets to > have the same name. > \o 3 Label/Pin "Q" is causing two nets to > have the same name. > \o 5 Label/Pin "gnd!" is causing two nets > to have the same name. > \o 13 Label/Pin is on a net with a different > name The reason for these problems is, I use standard cells and every standard cell has the same the input pin name and output pin name. In my design I don't want to connect them each other. I delete them one by one. Is there any better way to delete them? Thanks, Adrian Pins are only collected from the top level cell. Diva does not go down into the hierarchy looking for pins. Did you flatten the standard cells? If you did, you should not have told the flatten command to include the pins. All you can do is remove the pins by hand since Diva has to believe you wanted them there if you put them there. Use the search form. I think it is in the Edit menu. On 5 Aug 2004 15:15:28 -0700, yxl4444@louisiana.edu (Lee) wrote: >Hi, > >I already solved all the DRC errors in my design. But the method to >solve the following problem seems stupid. > >> \o 1 Label/Pin "A" is causing two nets to &...

Complex numbers in Cadence Spectre
Hi all, is anyone aware about any workaround how to work with complex numbers in Cadence Spectre? How about separating real and imaginary part of complex number (e.g. during AC analysis)? Any help is appreciated. Kind regards, A.W. On 4 ao=FBt, 09:14, as...@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi all, > > is anyone aware about any workaround how to work with complex numbers > in Cadence Spectre? How about separating real and imaginary part of > complex number (e.g. during AC analysis)? > > Any help is appreciated. > > Kind regards, > A.W. Hello, Isnt it available in calculator ? Isnt it imag(z) and real(z) to separate imaginary from real part of a complex number ?? Sylvain Hi, Yes, they are imag() and real(). these functions respectively return the imaginary and the real parts of their argument. The argument may be a waveform, a vector object or a complex number. Please look at the Cadence's OCEAN Reference manual for more information. Use cdsdoc/cdnshelp. It is also available from your MMSIM stream. Cheers, Riad. Riad, Sylvain, thanks for replying! I would like to access the complex number arithmetic for behavioral modeling purposes (i.e. not after the simulation, but during the simulation). Kind regards, aspwy On Aug 4, 8:12=A0pm, Riad KACED <riad.ka...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Yes, they are imag() and real(). > these functions respectively return the imaginary and the real parts > of their argument. The argument may be...

Cadence, Structure Compiler error
Gentlemen, Can some help with the following problem: After finishing my layout design (performing all verification), I am trying to run Structure Compiler for some regular structure generation, however running StructComp->DrawPlane command produce this error: *Error* eval: undefined function - scGetCanRunUI; When I try to run scDrawPlane(...) straight from icfb - I get "undefined function" error. I am working in cadence 5.10.41, hit-kit 3.7. I can guess it has to do with cadence setup, but not quite sure how to fix it. Please advise. Thank you. -- Alex On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:38:15 +0100, Alex <al.lopich@gmail.com> wrote: >Gentlemen, > >Can some help with the following problem: > >After finishing my layout design (performing all verification), I am >trying to run Structure Compiler >for some regular structure generation, however running >StructComp->DrawPlane command produce this error: >*Error* eval: undefined function - scGetCanRunUI; > >When I try to run scDrawPlane(...) straight from icfb - I get "undefined >function" error. > >I am working in cadence 5.10.41, hit-kit 3.7. > >I can guess it has to do with cadence setup, but not quite sure how to fix >it. > >Please advise. Thank you. Structure Compiler has been end-of-lifed for some time. Some of the functions got removed in IC5141 - but unfortunately not all of them, leading to this confusion... Andrew. -- A...

Cadence Spectre
Dear all, I would like to read a waveform from file and use it like a voltage source. In Spectre reference guide, I have find that PWL can be used with data files. Unfortunately, the data points from file are "connected" with linear "lines". Is there a way to interpolate them (directly in Spectre simulator)? Maybe I should use SpectreHDL or Verilog AMS with Spectre? Is there an easy way to do it? Any help or comment is appreciated and welcomed. Best regards, Emilio SpiceExplorer can do it. But it is not a Cadence software. OkGuy Unfortunately, I have to do it with Cadence Spectre or Ultrasim. I don't have access to SpiceExplorer (University...). Thanks anyway On 27 Sep 2005 01:06:55 -0700, "Eestavez" <eestavez@lycos.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >I would like to read a waveform from file and use it like a voltage >source. In Spectre reference guide, I have find that PWL can be used >with data files. Unfortunately, the data points from file are >"connected" with linear "lines". >Is there a way to interpolate them (directly in Spectre simulator)? >Maybe I should use SpectreHDL or Verilog AMS with Spectre? Is there an >easy way to do it? > >Any help or comment is appreciated and welcomed. > >Best regards, >Emilio What kind of interpolation were you after? It is interpolating them - linearly... Andrew. Andrew Beckett wrote: - SNIP - > What kind of interpolation we...

Cadence CAD tools on OpenSolaris
Hello, I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10) suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version. It seems that all the installation and configuration process using Installscape are finished without problem, but I encounter an error message like the following when I try to launch virtuoso design environment. virtuoso: ERROR: The command /tools/cadence/IC610/share/oa/bin/ sysname returned an error status: unknown virtuoso: INFO: Note that OpenAccess (OA) requires running the Configure phase. virtuoso: See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration Guide" before virtuoso: you complete the configuration step. This manual is included with virtuoso: the Cadence product documentation. [1] Exit 1 virtuoso First of all, can I run IC610 on OpenSolaris machine? Is IC610 Solaris10 (x86) version compatible with OpenSolaris? I tried this way since OpenSolaris is mostly compatible with Solaris 10, so I wanted to give it a shot. If they are compatible, does anyone have any suggestion to solve this error? Thank you in advance. Bluebook wrote, on 08/12/10 00:40: > Hello, > > I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10) > suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version. > > It seems that all the installation and configuration process using > Installscape are finished without problem, > but I encounter an error message like the following when...

error in cadence simulation #2
Dear all, I was trying to run a simple simulation in cadence Spectre. I got the following error. Any idea what it could mean?. /*********************** *Error* Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log has not been generated. Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for the version of the simulator specified in the userCmdLineOption field are supported for the simulator. Alternatively, run the simulator standalone using the runSimulation file in the netlist directory to know the exact cause of the error. /*********************** Since I'm new to schematic, I'm not sure about the error. I also tried running the netlist as said in the error message, but it didn't work(I tried simulating both 'input.scs' and 'runSimualtion' file ). The following is the error message i got when i tried to run the simulation in the netlist directory /************************** /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools/bin/spectre: line 180: 8906 Killed /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools.lnx86/ spectre/bin/spectre input.scs Thanks and regards, Lokesh lokesh wrote, on 03/26/10 11:36: > Dear all, > I was trying to run a simple simulation in cadence Spectre. I got the > following error. Any idea what it could mean?. > /*********************** > *Error* Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log > has not been generated. > Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for t...

How to simulate Oscilaltors in Cadence spectre
Dear Sir I have designed a RC phase shift oscillator in cadence . But i couldn't know how to simulate it using cadence spectre. Using the same spectre i have successfully simulated the ring oscillator(setting the initial condition to 0). I followed the same procedure for this new oscillator, but i couldn't. Can anyone please guide me on this.... I tried over net, couldnt find any useful information. Thank you vinai thrivik wrote, on 12/14/11 10:59: > Dear Sir > > I have designed a RC phase shift oscillator in cadence . But i > couldn't know how to simulate it using cadence spectre. > Using the same spectre i have successfully simulated the ring > oscillator(setting the initial condition to 0). I followed the same > procedure for this new oscillator, but i couldn't. > Can anyone please guide me on this.... > I tried over net, couldnt find any useful information. > > Thank you You didn't give much information. What have you tried, and what didn't work? Regards, Andrew. ...

Cadence Spectre V function
Hi, In my resistor's model deck, I have the following: r1 ( 1 12 ) bsource r=rsh/mf*1/(w-dw)*(1+pvcl*abs(v(12,2))+pvc2*v(12,2))*tfac/6 When I run with spectre simulator, it says that the v function is not defined or being called recursively. What is the problem here? Am I missing some files? Thanks szekit You're using too old a version of spectre. bsource was introduced (officially) in IC5033. If you are using a version before IC50 MSR3 though, you'll get this (bsource was there, but as an engineering release). In practice you need to use IC5033 or IC5141 to use bsource. Your design kit probably says this somewhere in the documentation... Andrew. On 22 Sep 2004 11:08:50 -0700, szekit@gmail.com (Szekit) wrote: >Hi, > >In my resistor's model deck, I have the following: > >r1 ( 1 12 ) bsource r=rsh/mf*1/(w-dw)*(1+pvcl*abs(v(12,2))+pvc2*v(12,2))*tfac/6 > >When I run with spectre simulator, it says that the v function is not >defined or being called recursively. > >What is the problem here? Am I missing some files? > >Thanks >szekit Thank you very much for your answer. If upgrade is not an option in the near future, is there a quick-and-dirty way to get around this problem? Szekit Andrew Beckett <andrewb@DcEaLdEeTnEcTe.HcIoSm> wrote in message news:<12e6l0hndgin3gg7v1oa9lorpdsjge656q@4ax.com>... > You're using too old a version of spectre. bsource was introduced > (officially) in IC5033....

ERROR cadence comand not found
Hi All, I have a problem with the installation of the XFAB Design Kit. I I configured the environment variables and could make the Virtuoso work, but when I try to run tkit appears the following error message: ERROR Cadence executable not found! perhaps it is a mistake in. bashrc. Here it is: export T_DIR=/root/GAMA/Projetos/Desig_kit export CADENCE=/root/cadence/installs export CDS_ROOT=$CADENCE/IC610 export MMSIM=$CADENCE/MMSIM101 export ASSURAHOME=$CADENCE/ASSURA41 export CDSHOME=$CDS_ROOT export CDSDIR=$CDSHOME export CDS_INSTALL_DIR=$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/bin export OA_HOME=$CADENCE/IC610/share/oa export PATH=$CDS_INSTALL_D/bin:$PATH export PATH=$MMSIM/tools/bin:$MMSIM/tools/spectre/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INTALL_DIR/bin$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/plot/bin:$PATH export SUBSTRATESTRMHOME=$ASSURAHOME export PATH=$T_DIR/cadence/env/bin:$PATH export PATH=$PATH:$ASSURAHOME/bin:$ASSURAHOME/tools/bin:$ASSURAHOME/tools/assura/bin Thanking you, Yours sincerely, Dionatas...

Cadence Virtuoso DRC check error
We are UG students, presenly working with Cadence Virtuoso. After creating a simple layout of an inverter, these are a few of the errors which appeared in the log file when we tried running Assura DRC check using NCSU_TechLib_ami06/divaDRC.rul. error: Illegal input layer 'geomGetEdge(geomAndNot(elec geomButting(elec elecHighres)))' found in drc(). error: Illegal input layer 'active' found in geomAnd(). error: Undefined layer - elecHighresEdge. Errors exist in the rules file '/home/chiptapeout/cadence/ncsu-cdk-1.5.1/lib/NCSU_TechLib_ami06/ divaDRC.rul'. *WARNING* Failed to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run. Assura DRC: State loaded "Last" Could anyone please help us out? On Jun 5, 7:50=A0am, avi <Avinash2...@gmail.com> wrote: > We are UG students, presenly working with Cadence Virtuoso. After > creating a simple layout of an inverter, these are a few of the errors > which appeared in the log file when we tried running Assura DRC check > using NCSU_TechLib_ami06/divaDRC.rul. > > error: =A0Illegal input layer 'geomGetEdge(geomAndNot(elec > geomButting(elec elecHighres)))' found in drc(). > error: =A0Illegal input layer 'active' found in geomAnd(). > error: =A0Undefined layer - elecHighresEdge. > Errors exist in the rules file > '/home/chiptapeout/cadence/ncsu-cdk-1.5.1/lib/NCSU_TechLib_ami06/ > divaDRC.rul'. > *WARNING* Failed to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run. > Assu...

Different Results between Unix Cadence 4.46 and Linux Cadence 5.032
Hi All, I encountered something frustrated. I am using both Unix Cadece 4.46 and Linux Cadence 5.032. Even for the same design kit, I found that the results given by them are different! I found that there are about 1~2 dB difference in S-parameters simulation. Also, the curve shift! Have anyone experienced the same problem? Ntfs Ntfs: We did see different noise results between 446 and 50. It turned out to be the addition of the wdexp and ldexp resistor parameters. When we set them to 1 we get the same results in 50 as 446. --- Erik "Ntfs" <ntfs@hkem.com> wrote in message news:<c0bpt5$g4n$1@news1.ucsd.edu>... > Hi All, > > I encountered something frustrated. I am using both Unix Cadece 4.46 and > Linux > Cadence 5.032. Even for the same design kit, I found that the results given > by them > are different! I found that there are about 1~2 dB difference in > S-parameters simulation. > Also, the curve shift! Have anyone experienced the same problem? > > > Ntfs ...

Cadence Spectre Vs Synposys HSpice
Hi All and @Andrew Beckett Can you please help me to understand the basic differences between Cadence Spectre Circuit Simulator and 'Synopsys HSpice' ? I don't seem to have license for Cadence Spectre, is there any way I can trial version for few days? Else, I can manage with HSpice, but for that I want to understand how close these tools are. Please advice. Thanks gentle.near@gmail.com wrote, on 05/12/09 06:37: > Hi All and @Andrew Beckett > > Can you please help me to understand the basic differences between > Cadence Spectre Circuit Simulator and 'Synopsys HSpice' ? I don't seem > to have license for Cadence Spectre, is there any way I can trial > version for few days? Else, I can manage with HSpice, but for that I > want to understand how close these tools are. Please advice. > > Thanks For high level details, consult these pages and the datasheets on each: http://www.cadence.com/products/cic/multimode_simulation http://www.cadence.com/products/cic/spectre_circuit http://www.cadence.com/products/cic/accelerated_parallel It's a little hard to give the details of the differences here - the best thing is to contact your local Cadence office (I've no idea where you are based or who you work for), and then they can take you through it in person, and sort out evaluation criteria and so on. Best Regards, Andrew. Hi, I usually find it hard to add comments on top of Andrew's but I think I could say few t...

Error (OSSHNL-116) cadence netlist
Hello, Iam trying to design and simulate cmos Op-amp. I have done DRC,LVS and QRC without any error here is a screenshot: DRC: http://i44.tinypic.com/2428jkk.png Note: there are some warnings however my professor asked us to ignore these errors. LVS: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting QRC: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Schematic Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting When i try to generate Netlist I am getting these errors There is no avD24_1 in my schematic. ERROR (OSSHNL-116): Unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list, 'spectre av_extracted', for the instance 'avD24_1' in cell 'op-amp'. Either add one of these views to the library 'PRIMLIB', cell 'nfetdiode' or modify the view list to contain an existing view. End netlisting Jan 24 15:11:01 2012 ERROR (OSSHNL-514): Netlisting failed due to errors reported before. Netlist may be corrupt or may not be produced at all. Fix reported errors and netlist again. ...unsuccessful. Is that a problem with the schematic or layout that I need to modify. Regards Zubair. On Tue...

Web resources about - Cadence Spectre Error - comp.cad.cadence

Drum cadence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... article is about marching hit patterns. For general hit patterns, see Drum beat . For single hits, see Drum stroke . In music , a drum cadence ...

Cadence - 6 MILLION views! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
AMAZING! 6 Million views on Cadence's rescue video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jdyP1R0es8&list=UUdu8QrpJd6r... Please click over, and see that ...

Saving Cadence - an abused Pit Bull shows us the power of second chances. Please share. - YouTube
Please make a small donation and help us save more lives: http://www.HopeForPaws.org For my friends in Germany, please watch the video here: ...

CDM - CADENCE CAPITAL LIMITED - Quotes Summary
JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

CDM - CADENCE CAPITAL LIMITED - Quotes Dividends
JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

Read outdoors: Listening to the cadence of bird calls
I suggest reading today’s paper outdoors, if you can stand the noise. The trickle of returning migrants becomes a torrent right about now, and ...

CDNS Stock Price & News - Cadence Design Systems Inc. - Barron's
View the latest CDNS stock price with Barron's. Including historical share prices, analysis, earnings, cash flow and market valuation for Cadence ...

Cadence Drops 20%: Q4 EPS In Line; But Guidance Whiffs
Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) shares are plunging this afternoon on a shockingly weak outlook for the first quarter and all of 2008. The company ...

cdns Stock Price Today - Cadence Design Systems Inc. Stock Quote - Barrons.com
Real-time prices for U.S.-listed stocks, including premarket and after hours, reflect trading through Nasdaq only. Comprehensive quotes reflect ...

Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNS) Trading Ideas
Benzinga Benzinga Pro Marketfy Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS Free Streaming News Membership is Free What are you waiting for? Sign up ...