CDL name perfix

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?

Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.

Thanks for any hints.
Bernd

0
Reply bernd.fischer (67) 3/3/2004 7:27:53 PM

See related articles to this posting

Hey Ralf,

nice to hear form you.

To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
is not the problem.
But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
is a special or generic device is the problem.
The name prefix
X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
	.ENDS
will be filtered out by Assura.
The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
not supported by Assura (form the docs).
I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
problems which I could not debug till now?

So If you have any further idea let me know.

Thanks Bernd

Ralf Geiger wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bernd Fischer schrieb:
>
>>What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?
>>
>>Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
>>inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.
>

> Have you tried the
>
> <snip>
> cdfId->simInfo->auCdl = '( nil
>         netlistProcedure  ansCdlSubcktCall
> </snip>
>
> netlistProcedure?
>
> We use this for Calibre netlisting if a generic device
> have to few pins?
>
> (but I haven't done any cabibre work a long time now, but
> maybe worth a hint)
>
> Cheers
> Ralf

0
Reply bernd.fischer (67) 3/5/2004 9:13:23 AM

Hi Bernd,

--
no signature
0

Bernd,

Are you using Assura CDL (avReadCDL) for this Assura LVS?

For subcircuit you could define:
..SUBCKT mtry QN A LN=P1_LND WN=P1_WND LP=P1_LPD WP=P1_WPD
MTN1 QN A vgnd vgnd NM l=LN w=WN m=1
MTP1 vpwr A QN vpwr PM l=LP w=WP m=1
* CROSS-REFERENCE 1
* GND = 0
..ENDS

and use this:
XQT QT QB mtry LN=P1_LD WN=0.64 LP=P1_LD WP=1.32

For other special device, you could mark it as specific name
and use binding file (to map it to layout).

The other way is to force device mapping during schematic dfIIToVldb
run
as long as you know the device terminal name beforehand.

You could refer to Assura Physical Verification Developer Guide,
Product Version 3.0 Appendix B -Assura and CDL

Hope this could help.

thanks,
ronald

Bernd Fischer <bernd.fischer@xignal.de> wrote in message news:<404844B3.4090608@xignal.de>...
> Hey Ralf,
>
> nice to hear form you.
>
> To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
> is not the problem.
> But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
> is a special or generic device is the problem.
> The name prefix
> X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
> which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
> 	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
> 	.ENDS
> will be filtered out by Assura.
> The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
> schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
> the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
> not supported by Assura (form the docs).
> I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
> problems which I could not debug till now?
>
> So If you have any further idea let me know.
>
> Thanks Bernd

0
Reply rkdocc (25) 3/5/2004 11:10:42 PM
comp.cad.cadence 5381 articles. 17 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Naming Names
Naming Names -------- The following is a brief list of observations concerning ad hominem remarks or the naming of names in scientific contexts. Arguments can never be of more general significance than names named. For example, addressing critical arguments to ideas or thoughts, makes the arguments more general than if addressed to an individual whereas arguments addressed to an individual are of more specific and less general significance than those addressed to ideas and thoughts of an individual. Addressi...

What is the name of the name space I am in?
I try to use "new.new.classobj (name, baseclass, dict)" and have no clue what the "dict" of the current name space is. I can name dicts of imported modules, because their name exists in the current name space. If, for instance, I import a module "service" then that module's name space would be "service.__dict__". But if I import * from service, then I incorporate that name space into the current one and I cannot name it, because the current module's name is not part of the module's own name space. "dir (service)" is e...

ToC names, running section names, section names
I am using the standard book documentclass, and am using setting up section in the standard way: \section{A Big Section} I am happy for this title, A Big Section, to be used as the running head, so I do not use a short section name. However, now I want the ToC entry for this section to be starred, without affecting the section name itself (in the body of the book) or the running head in that section. So I do this: \section[A Big Section*]{A Big Section} but of course, it makes the running head becomes starred, which I don't want. I hope I am missing something obvious where one can (...

Javax.naming Exception: name not found in naming service.
Hi, I am working on Message Center through this user can send massage to their classmats. one exception occurred when user clicks on "TO" to select the recipient name. Proper Excpetion is: "Error Message nested Exception is: Javax.naming.name not found Exception:[Java:comp/env/mme010] not bound in naming service." Plz share your view, how can i rectify this problem. Thanks & Regards Harman Harman wrote: > Hi, > > I am working on Message Center through this user can send massage to > their classmats. one exception occurred when user clicks on "TO&q...

naming column names
Hi, I am learning Ms Sql and I found that a lot of the tables I am finding ( in different tutorials ) are using special names for their column names such like au_username, au_salery ... Is the any naming convention for column names, or just at all is there any reason for naming the table columns in specific way. Thanks in advance. Hi You can use http://vyaskn.tripod.com/object_naming.htm Although I am not a fan of extending column names to include (part of a) table name as it should be redundant if the tables are always referenced with the tables alias in the code. It is important to ...

Break into first name, middle name, last name
I am trying to break this name in first name, middle name, last name. Mark shipton chris a chia d brookford sim e petal I am trying to use scan function. first = scan(name,1,' '); last name = scan(name, -1, ' '); what function should i use to get those middle name as 2 of name contains middle intials and 2 of them are blank. I guess if there are three words then there is Middle name/initial. Otherwise you could compare scan(,1) to scan(,-2) and if equal assume NMI. data _null_; input name &$20.; name = propcase(name); n = countW(name); length first middle ...

Name server names
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_25C771_01CA4E51.51B47960 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01CA4E72.D8B7D568" ------_=_NextPart_001_01CA4E72.D8B7D568 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Curious - We have name servers in our primary domain so those are the FQDN names we put at Registrar and at network provider. =20 Is there any reason we can't also have separate external IPs and names pointing t...

iSOFT names no names
bigges fraudsters in human history --- CSC and now iSOFT ...

What is the Name of #? How did # Get its Name?
Julian Macassey wrote to the Digest fifteen years ago and asked about the ' # ' key on telephones. There were several messages on it at the time, then about nine years ago, in 1995 we had a more or less definitive answer. For those of you who have wondered about this key which is located directly below the 9 on telephone keypads, here are the answers we printed at the time, as per our archives. Subject: Octothorpe source Date: 19 Nov 88 15:25:08 PST (Sat) From: ucla-an!bongo!julian@ee.UCLA.EDU (julian macassey) I am looking for an authoritative reference for the ...

Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name:
As Administrator I recently change my name. Now every time the AdminP start I get this. 2005-02-09 04:59:03 Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name: << MY OLD NAME>> : User name not found in Name and Address Book What have I missed ? Where to look TIA. "McDuff" <Mc@Duff.is> wrote: >As Administrator I recently change my name. > >Now every time the AdminP start I get this. > >2005-02-09 04:59:03 Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name: << MY OLD >NAME>> : User name not found in Name and Address Book > ...

adding a variable name to a hash to name is part of the variable name
I have a perl script that I wrote the loops through a list of servers in a file and I want to create a hash with the server name in it. I want each server to have its own hash. for example $myserver = thor; hash name $server_$myserver_name{$some_key} want to get this hash name $server_thor_name{$some_key} How do I get the $myserver name to be interpolated to thor in that line? I tried this and it failed. $server_${myserver}_name{$some_key} -Bobby Bobby Chamness wrote: > I have a perl script that I wrote the loops through a list of servers > in a file and I want to create a hash...

Illegal characters in database names, table names, user names...
I'm developing a simple proof-of-concept Web application, more as a personal programming exercise than anything else, that presents the user with a login form where they can type in a database name, username, and password. I then present them with a text field to type in SQL queries, and hand back a nicely-formatted HTML table with the result of their queries. Basically, just a programming exercise to get my feet wet with the Web application framework I'm using (a Python-based framework called Quixote). As I was writing the database-connection code, I got to thinking about s...

scope of $name in: (my $name = 123) && something-involving-$name;
I find it strange in the examlpe below 1 open(my $fh, my $name="</no/such/file") || 2 warn "Error name=$name\n"; 3 print "name=$name"; that $name is not in the scope, at line 2 (in the warn() arg). The assignment to $name in line 1 definitely already happened. So how come $name is not known at line 2 ? Is this a feature or a bug ? What is the explanation ? Does perl, like, wait for the semicolon to add $name to the hashtable or variables ? This is counterintuitive to me ... (comparing to C foo() { int x=1, y=x; } ) Thanks Y...

name = name.substring(0, name.lastIndexOf('.')); Help please
Hi! Three days ago I wrote in this group for ask help in the use of "GetDetailsOf". I want show the name of a file without the extension, and for this, a member of this group suggestion me that I will use this code: name = fldr.GetDetailsOf(items, 0); name = name.substring(0, name.lastIndexOf('.')); This code work fine! But now, I think that this can be a problem of security because hidden all extension, include .vbs or other possible dangerous type of file. Somebody can help me and write an example of code for hidden only certain extension. I�m not writen a program in Java...

IE name="name" & form.name property bug

how to assign name of another name?
hi, i know the question is a bit weired, what i want to do is to assign a variable string, such as 'a.name' to another varible such as b, so that I can achieve the purpose that when i write b=3, 3 will be assigned to the structure variable a.name? it's really important for my program, Thanks for helping me newbie wrote: > hi, i know the question is a bit weired, what i want to do is to > assign a variable string, such as 'a.name' to another varible such as > b, so that I can achieve the purpose that when i write b=3, 3 will be > assigned to the structure varia...

Prepend name to function names?
I was asked whether it is possible to prepend a name (using macro substitution) to all function names in a file/program. For example, the functions f1(), f2(), f3() should get aa_ prepended to their names? I.e., f1(), f2(), f3() should be changed to aa_f1(), aa_f2(), aa_f3() using some macro substitution. I came up with the following: **************************************************** #include <stdio.h> #define PREPEND aa_ #define MAKE_FUNC_NAME(prepend, func_name) prepend ## func_name void MAKE_FUNC_NAME(PREPEND, f1)(void) { printf("here..\n"); } **********************...

named common and subprogram names
I just had an issue (crash) with LF95 because a named common block had the same name as a subprogram. .. What does the standard say? Thanks. On Dec 17, 11:33=A0am, "analys...@hotmail.com" <analys...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I just had an issue (crash) with LF95 because a named common block had > the same name as a subprogram. > . > > What does the standard say? > > Thanks. It says Lahey's right (not to crash, but to diagnose the clash). Regards, Mike Metcalf m_b_metcalf <michaelmetcalf@compuserve.com> wrote: > On Dec ...

Name Matrix name automatically
Is there any way to rename automatically Matrices so that to increase efficiency. In SAS, I can do that. For example, For i=1 to 10 a&i=b; end Then I can create a series matrices a1, a2...a10. If Matlab can do that, then I can break the big matrices into small ones. In such a way, i can solve partly the memory problem. Thanks! Jintao Jintao Zhu, You can do that using pointers in a c-mex function. Regards, Pedro In article <g3ema2$b3u$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jintao Zhu <zhu186@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there any way to rename automatically Matrices so that >to ...

How to name nodes with the same name but indexed
I try to perform the following \rput(\centerX,\centerY){\Rnode{A}{ \psframebox[...params...] {some text}}} \FPadd\centerX\centerX\offset and then repeat it a number of times. Everything works as wished. The only issue is the length of the code (many nodes). I've been thinking of using \multido or any other iterator (which would surely work just fine) _BUT_ i do need to call the nodes for different names... I'd like to know what the syntax will be if i wish to call the nodes "indexedly". \rput(\centerX,\centerY){\Rnode{A[k]}{ ? \rput(\centerX,\center...

about variable name and method name
class Array def atoh hash = Hash.new if size % 2 != 0 raise "size must be odd" end 0.step(size-1,2) do |c| hash[self[c]] = self[c+1] end hash end end For "size" in the code above, we know it's a self.size method actually. But how ruby differ it's a variable or an instance method? Thanks. 2010/1/21 Ruby Newbee <rubynewbee@gmail.com>: > class Array > =A0def atoh > =A0 =A0 hash =3D Hash.new > =A0 =A0 if size % 2 !=3D 0 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 raise "size must be odd" > =A0 =A0...

Package names from file names
Hello, How do I get the package name to which a particular file belongs. Say, if I have libXt.so.4, how do I know which package installed this file on system? --Harshal On Jul 25, 10:35=A0am, Harshal <p.hars...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0How do I get the package name to which a particular file > belongs. > Say, if I have libXt.so.4, how do I know which package installed this > file on system? > > --Harshal Found it here :) , http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Unix/Solaris/SOLARIS_TipsDetermineWhichPa= ckageaParticularFileBelongsTo.shtml On...

File Name and Path Name
Dear reader, The function: Dim refCurr as Reference refCurr.Name Gives you a name, sometimes the pathname + filename and sometimes the filename only. I can't find whey this differences, I am looking for the filename only. Tanks for any help. Kind regard, Simon References(1).Name should return the abbreviated name for the library, assuming one is registered. This is the case for these libriares: - Access - VBA - DAO - ADODB - ADOX - Office but it probably depends on how the library is registered with Windows. Note that the Name of the library does not match its file nam...

Convert < name to -I name
We have Bourne Shell (or Bash) that I'm stuck on. We use standard shell invocation to run the script: shell_script < infile > outfile Inside of the script we write a file for use by other executables but we have to convert the "< infile" command line argument to "-I infile" and the "> outfile" command line argument to "-O outfile" when we write the file for the other executable programs. Is there any way to grab the "< infile" and "> outfile" arguments within the running script so we can convert to the -I and...