CDL name perfix

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?

Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.

Thanks for any hints.
Bernd

0
Reply bernd.fischer (67) 3/3/2004 7:27:53 PM

See related articles to this posting

Hey Ralf,

nice to hear form you.

To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
is not the problem.
But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
is a special or generic device is the problem.
The name prefix
X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
	.ENDS
will be filtered out by Assura.
The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
not supported by Assura (form the docs).
I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
problems which I could not debug till now?

So If you have any further idea let me know.

Thanks Bernd

Ralf Geiger wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bernd Fischer schrieb:
>
>>What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?
>>
>>Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
>>inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.
>

> Have you tried the
>
> <snip>
> cdfId->simInfo->auCdl = '( nil
>         netlistProcedure  ansCdlSubcktCall
> </snip>
>
> netlistProcedure?
>
> We use this for Calibre netlisting if a generic device
> have to few pins?
>
> (but I haven't done any cabibre work a long time now, but
> maybe worth a hint)
>
> Cheers
> Ralf

0
Reply bernd.fischer (67) 3/5/2004 9:13:23 AM

Hi Bernd,

--
no signature
0

Bernd,

Are you using Assura CDL (avReadCDL) for this Assura LVS?

For subcircuit you could define:
..SUBCKT mtry QN A LN=P1_LND WN=P1_WND LP=P1_LPD WP=P1_WPD
MTN1 QN A vgnd vgnd NM l=LN w=WN m=1
MTP1 vpwr A QN vpwr PM l=LP w=WP m=1
* CROSS-REFERENCE 1
* GND = 0
..ENDS

and use this:
XQT QT QB mtry LN=P1_LD WN=0.64 LP=P1_LD WP=1.32

For other special device, you could mark it as specific name
and use binding file (to map it to layout).

The other way is to force device mapping during schematic dfIIToVldb
run
as long as you know the device terminal name beforehand.

You could refer to Assura Physical Verification Developer Guide,
Product Version 3.0 Appendix B -Assura and CDL

Hope this could help.

thanks,
ronald

Bernd Fischer <bernd.fischer@xignal.de> wrote in message news:<404844B3.4090608@xignal.de>...
> Hey Ralf,
>
> nice to hear form you.
>
> To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
> is not the problem.
> But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
> is a special or generic device is the problem.
> The name prefix
> X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
> which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
> 	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
> 	.ENDS
> will be filtered out by Assura.
> The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
> schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
> the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
> not supported by Assura (form the docs).
> I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
> problems which I could not debug till now?
>
> So If you have any further idea let me know.
>
> Thanks Bernd

0
Reply rkdocc (25) 3/5/2004 11:10:42 PM
comp.cad.cadence 5477 articles. 14 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Naming Names
Naming Names -------- The following is a brief list of observations concerning ad hominem remarks or the naming of names in scientific contexts. Arguments can never be of more general significance than names named. For example, addressing critical arguments to ideas or thoughts, makes the arguments more general than if addressed to an individual whereas arguments addressed to an individual are of more specific and less general significance than those addressed to ideas and thoughts of an individual. Addressi...

What is the name of the name space I am in?
I try to use "new.new.classobj (name, baseclass, dict)" and have no clue what the "dict" of the current name space is. I can name dicts of imported modules, because their name exists in the current name space. If, for instance, I import a module "service" then that module's name space would be "service.__dict__". But if I import * from service, then I incorporate that name space into the current one and I cannot name it, because the current module's name is not part of the module's own name space. "dir (service)" is e...

ToC names, running section names, section names
I am using the standard book documentclass, and am using setting up section in the standard way: \section{A Big Section} I am happy for this title, A Big Section, to be used as the running head, so I do not use a short section name. However, now I want the ToC entry for this section to be starred, without affecting the section name itself (in the body of the book) or the running head in that section. So I do this: \section[A Big Section*]{A Big Section} but of course, it makes the running head becomes starred, which I don't want. I hope I am missing something obvious where one can (...

Javax.naming Exception: name not found in naming service.
Hi, I am working on Message Center through this user can send massage to their classmats. one exception occurred when user clicks on "TO" to select the recipient name. Proper Excpetion is: "Error Message nested Exception is: Javax.naming.name not found Exception:[Java:comp/env/mme010] not bound in naming service." Plz share your view, how can i rectify this problem. Thanks & Regards Harman Harman wrote: > Hi, > > I am working on Message Center through this user can send massage to > their classmats. one exception occurred when user clicks on "TO&q...

naming column names
Hi, I am learning Ms Sql and I found that a lot of the tables I am finding ( in different tutorials ) are using special names for their column names such like au_username, au_salery ... Is the any naming convention for column names, or just at all is there any reason for naming the table columns in specific way. Thanks in advance. Hi You can use http://vyaskn.tripod.com/object_naming.htm Although I am not a fan of extending column names to include (part of a) table name as it should be redundant if the tables are always referenced with the tables alias in the code. It is important to ...

Break into first name, middle name, last name
I am trying to break this name in first name, middle name, last name. Mark shipton chris a chia d brookford sim e petal I am trying to use scan function. first = scan(name,1,' '); last name = scan(name, -1, ' '); what function should i use to get those middle name as 2 of name contains middle intials and 2 of them are blank. I guess if there are three words then there is Middle name/initial. Otherwise you could compare scan(,1) to scan(,-2) and if equal assume NMI. data _null_; input name &$20.; name = propcase(name); n = countW(name); length first middle ...

Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name:
As Administrator I recently change my name. Now every time the AdminP start I get this. 2005-02-09 04:59:03 Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name: << MY OLD NAME>> : User name not found in Name and Address Book What have I missed ? Where to look TIA. "McDuff" <Mc@Duff.is> wrote: >As Administrator I recently change my name. > >Now every time the AdminP start I get this. > >2005-02-09 04:59:03 Admin Process: File name: NAMES.NSF; Name: << MY OLD >NAME>> : User name not found in Name and Address Book > ...

iSOFT names no names
bigges fraudsters in human history --- CSC and now iSOFT ...

Name server names
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_25C771_01CA4E51.51B47960 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01CA4E72.D8B7D568" ------_=_NextPart_001_01CA4E72.D8B7D568 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Curious - We have name servers in our primary domain so those are the FQDN names we put at Registrar and at network provider. =20 Is there any reason we can't also have separate external IPs and names pointing t...