CDL name perfix

What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?

Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.

Thanks for any hints.
Bernd

comp.cad.cadence 5428 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

Hey Ralf,

nice to hear form you.

To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
is not the problem.
But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
is a special or generic device is the problem.
The name prefix
X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
	.ENDS
will be filtered out by Assura.
The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
not supported by Assura (form the docs).
I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
problems which I could not debug till now?

So If you have any further idea let me know.

Thanks Bernd

Ralf Geiger wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bernd Fischer schrieb:
>
>>What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?
>>
>>Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
>>inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.
>

> Have you tried the
>
> <snip>
> cdfId->simInfo->auCdl = '( nil
>         netlistProcedure  ansCdlSubcktCall
> </snip>
>
> netlistProcedure?
>
> We use this for Calibre netlisting if a generic device
> have to few pins?
>
> (but I haven't done any cabibre work a long time now, but
> maybe worth a hint)
>
> Cheers
> Ralf

Hi Bernd,

--
no signature
0

Are you using Assura CDL (avReadCDL) for this Assura LVS?

For subcircuit you could define:
..SUBCKT mtry QN A LN=P1_LND WN=P1_WND LP=P1_LPD WP=P1_WPD
MTN1 QN A vgnd vgnd NM l=LN w=WN m=1
MTP1 vpwr A QN vpwr PM l=LP w=WP m=1
* CROSS-REFERENCE 1
* GND = 0
..ENDS

and use this:
XQT QT QB mtry LN=P1_LD WN=0.64 LP=P1_LD WP=1.32

For other special device, you could mark it as specific name
and use binding file (to map it to layout).

The other way is to force device mapping during schematic dfIIToVldb
run
as long as you know the device terminal name beforehand.

You could refer to Assura Physical Verification Developer Guide,
Product Version 3.0 Appendix B -Assura and CDL

Hope this could help.

thanks,
ronald

Bernd Fischer <bernd.fischer@xignal.de> wrote in message news:<404844B3.4090608@xignal.de>...
> Hey Ralf,
>
> nice to hear form you.
>
> To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
> is not the problem.
> But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
> is a special or generic device is the problem.
> The name prefix
> X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
> which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
> 	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
> 	.ENDS
> will be filtered out by Assura.
> The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
> schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
> the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
> not supported by Assura (form the docs).
> I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
> problems which I could not debug till now?
>
> So If you have any further idea let me know.
>
> Thanks Bernd

0
rkdocc (25)

naming column names
Hi, I am learning Ms Sql and I found that a lot of the tables I am finding ( in different tutorials ) are using special names for their column names such like au_username, au_salery ... Is the any naming convention for column names, or just at all is there any reason for naming the table columns in specific way. Thanks in advance. Hi You can use http://vyaskn.tripod.com/object_naming.htm Although I am not a fan of extending column names to include (part of a) table name as it should be redundant if the tables are always referenced with the tables alias in the code. It is important to be able to easily differentiate tables/views/functions as well as a naming consistentency and clear code formatting. John <John.Arthur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113030047.743712.183880@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am learning Ms Sql and I found that a lot of the tables I am finding > ( in different tutorials ) are using special names for their column > names such like au_username, au_salery ... > Is the any naming convention for column names, or just at all is there > any reason for naming the table columns in specific way. > > Thanks in advance. > Its often personal. My preference (over 10 years of db design, and DBA) is to use simple names with no table or type extensions.Therefore au_user becomes user, au_salary becomes salary. The main reason for simple naming is that end-users frequently see table and field names ...

iSOFT names no names
bigges fraudsters in human history --- CSC and now iSOFT ...

What is the name of the name space I am in?
I try to use "new.new.classobj (name, baseclass, dict)" and have no clue what the "dict" of the current name space is. I can name dicts of imported modules, because their name exists in the current name space. If, for instance, I import a module "service" then that module's name space would be "service.__dict__". But if I import * from service, then I incorporate that name space into the current one and I cannot name it, because the current module's name is not part of the module's own name space. "dir (service)" is e...

Break into first name, middle name, last name
I am trying to break this name in first name, middle name, last name. Mark shipton chris a chia d brookford sim e petal I am trying to use scan function. first = scan(name,1,' '); last name = scan(name, -1, ' '); what function should i use to get those middle name as 2 of name contains middle intials and 2 of them are blank. I guess if there are three words then there is Middle name/initial. Otherwise you could compare scan(,1) to scan(,-2) and if equal assume NMI. data _null_; input name &$20.; name = propcase(name); n = countW(name); length first middle last $16; first = scan(name,1); if n eq 3 then middle = scan(name,2); last = scan(name,-1); put 'NOTE: Results from: ' name @; put (n first middle last) (=/ 'NOTE- '); cards; Mark shipton chris a chia d brookford sim e petal ;;;; run; On 1/14/09, Pareen Patel <mditconsult@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to break this name in first name, middle name, last name. > > Mark shipton > chris a chia > d brookford > sim e petal > > I am trying to use scan function. > > first = scan(name,1,' '); > last name = scan(name, -1, ' '); > > what function should i use to get those middle name as 2 of name contains > middle intials and 2 of them are blank. > ...

What is the Name of #? How did # Get its Name?
Julian Macassey wrote to the Digest fifteen years ago and asked about the ' # ' key on telephones. There were several messages on it at the time, then about nine years ago, in 1995 we had a more or less definitive answer. For those of you who have wondered about this key which is located directly below the 9 on telephone keypads, here are the answers we printed at the time, as per our archives. Subject: Octothorpe source Date: 19 Nov 88 15:25:08 PST (Sat) From: ucla-an!bongo!julian@ee.UCLA.EDU (julian macassey) I am looking for an authoritative reference for the term OCTOTHORPE. An octothorpe is an # , which is what is usually referred to as "the pound sign" or "the hash mark", sometimes as "the number symbol". I know the correct term is octothorpe, I have seen references to it in some Bell docs, I have even seen a news clipping years ago that mentioned it. My problem is that every now and again, some smart Alec asks me where it comes from. I have even been accused of making it up. No dictionary I have seen has ever given me a definition. Yes I have looked it up in the 24 Volume Oxford English Dictionary. I have checked the encyc Brit and alleged Telecommunications Dictionaries. I do know that Octo means eight and Thorpe means beam. So the word has some roots. There is a good term paper here for someone. Julian Macassey, n6are julian@bongo voice (213) 653-4495 ...

Cadence CAD tools on OpenSolaris
Hello, I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10) suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version. It seems that all the installation and configuration process using Installscape are finished without problem, but I encounter an error message like the following when I try to launch virtuoso design environment. virtuoso: ERROR: The command /tools/cadence/IC610/share/oa/bin/ sysname returned an error status: unknown virtuoso: INFO: Note that OpenAccess (OA) requires running the Configure phase. virtuoso: See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration Guide" before virtuoso: you complete the configuration step. This manual is included with virtuoso: the Cadence product documentation. [1] Exit 1 virtuoso First of all, can I run IC610 on OpenSolaris machine? Is IC610 Solaris10 (x86) version compatible with OpenSolaris? I tried this way since OpenSolaris is mostly compatible with Solaris 10, so I wanted to give it a shot. If they are compatible, does anyone have any suggestion to solve this error? Thank you in advance. Bluebook wrote, on 08/12/10 00:40: > Hello, > > I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10) > suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version. > > It seems that all the installation and configuration process using > Installscape are finished without problem, > but I encounter an error message like the following when...

What the model name for BJT in Cadence
I am working with SpectreS in cadence, trying to make a amplifier using BJT. The property window of BJT ask for a model name. Could u please help me out regarding what this model name is. For MOS transistor its ami16N.m. but i am not able to figure out for BJT. On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:42:30 -0700, anil wrote: > I am working with SpectreS in cadence, trying to make a amplifier > using BJT. The property window of BJT ask for a model name. Could u > please help me out regarding what this model name is. > > For MOS transistor its ami16N.m. but i am not able to figure out for > BJT. You have to look this up in your model file. There it says ..MODEL <NAME> BJT ... ...

save name name
Dear all, I came across code, and have seen this: save me me save EXCHCD EXCHCD save SIC SIC save PRC PRC I wonder why the variable name occurs twice, does anybody know why that is? Many thanks in advance! Chris On 4/21/2015 2:28 AM, Christoph Meier wrote: > Dear all, > I came across code, and have seen this: > > save me me > save EXCHCD EXCHCD > save SIC SIC > save PRC PRC > > I wonder why the variable name occurs twice, does anybody know why that is? > > Many thanks in advance! > > Chris > one name is the variable n...

What are the features' name of cadence systemc tools?
I hope to know what are the features' name of cadence systemc tools? Thanks in advance. ...

scope of $name in: (my $name = 123) && something-involving-$name;
I find it strange in the examlpe below 1 open(my $fh, my $name="</no/such/file") || 2 warn "Error name=$name\n"; 3 print "name=$name"; that $name is not in the scope, at line 2 (in the warn() arg). The assignment to $name in line 1 definitely already happened. So how come $name is not known at line 2 ? Is this a feature or a bug ? What is the explanation ? Does perl, like, wait for the semicolon to add $name to the hashtable or variables ? This is counterintuitive to me ... (comparing to C foo() { int x=1, y=x; } ) Thanks Y...

Use association and clashing generic names/type names/procedure names
There are restrictions on clashing local identifiers in a scope and use of clashing identifiers introduced through use association. In recent standards aspects of the rules for local identifiers in a scope have been relaxed to permit a generic name to be the same as a procedure or type. Aspects of the current rules read as if the relaxation is perhaps not applicable to the use association restrictions. So... is the following conforming? MODULE a IMPLICIT NONE PRIVATE PUBLIC :: Proc INTERFACE Proc PROCEDURE proc_a END INTERFACE Proc CONTAINS SUBROUTINE proc_a(arg) INTEGER, INTENT(IN) :: arg END SUBROUTINE proc_a END MODULE a MODULE b IMPLICIT NONE PRIVATE PUBLIC :: Proc CONTAINS SUBROUTINE Proc(arg) REAL, INTENT(IN) :: arg END SUBROUTINE Proc END MODULE b PROGRAM c USE a USE b IMPLICIT NONE INTERFACE Proc PROCEDURE Proc END INTERFACE Proc END PROGRAM c How about this? MODULE x IMPLICIT NONE PRIVATE PUBLIC :: Proc INTERFACE Proc PROCEDURE proc_x END INTERFACE Proc CONTAINS FUNCTION proc_x(arg) INTEGER, INTENT(IN) :: arg INTEGER :: proc_a proc_a = arg + 1 END FUNCTION proc_x END MODULE x MODULE y IMPLICIT NONE PRIVATE PUBLIC :: Proc TYPE :: Proc END TYPE Proc END MOD...

Is a net name starting with a number legal in Cadence OpenAccess?
Is a net name starting with a number (0-9) legal or illegal in IC61 on OpenAccess, e.g., "1*net1". On 07/10/12 02:26, Arklin K. wrote: > Is a net name starting with a number (0-9) legal or illegal in IC61 on > OpenAccess, e.g., "1*net1". Yes. Did you try it? In general I would advise against ever using net names which begin with numbers, or have "unusual" characters in (such as the *) because although they should get mapped in netlisters when the destination language does not support that character, there's always a chance that some downstream tool has a problem with the character, plus the fact that it can be confusing if you're suddenly trying to debug at the netlist level and the netlister has mapped the name due to it being illegal in that namespace. Regards, Andrew. ...

regarding model name for schottky diode for AMS cadence
Dear friends, I am doing thesis( Passive RFID Tag Design). In order get max efficiency to convert from RF to DC I need to use Schottky diodes. There is schottky in analogLib in AMS-Cadence. But the problem is I dont know exactly what to put in model name. As schottky is from metal-semicon instead of Semicon-semicon(MOS transistors). I able to use model name as nwd( N-well diode) but I dont think it is appropriate. So, I request u if any one have the idea about this. Kindly mail me. Regards, Madhav ...

IE name="name" & form.name property bug

X-CAD Free 3D CAD giveaway at www.x-cad.net
Hey All, I just ran across a cool free 3D CAD software giveaway at a site called www.x-cad.net. Apparently, if 100,000 people register then everyone gets the software free. Please register so we can all get it. Thanks, Sun scam "Sun" <suntzujr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1117377639.474235.253470@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey All, > > I just ran across a cool free 3D CAD software giveaway at a site called > www.x-cad.net. > > Apparently, if 100,000 people register then everyone gets the software > free. Please register so we can all get it. > > Thanks, > Sun > just another scam dahhhhhhhhh "Sun" <suntzujr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1117377639.474235.253470@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey All, > > I just ran across a cool free 3D CAD software giveaway at a site called > www.x-cad.net. > > Apparently, if 100,000 people register then everyone gets the software > free. Please register so we can all get it. > > Thanks, > Sun > ...

command line CDL out
Hi there, does anyone know when using this command: si -batch -command netlist Must it be run in the directory that contains your cadence library? For example can i change my si.env such that i can run CDL out from another directory : simLibName = "/another_directory/stu_TEST_LIBRARY" It does not seem to work: *WARNING* ddGetObj: lib name '/another_directory/stu_TEST_LIBRARY' is not a legal library name. Then a failure saying that cellview does not exist. Thanks Stu stuart.duncan@gigle.biz wrote: > Hi there, > > does anyone know when using this command: > > si -batch -command netlist > > Must it be run in the directory that contains your cadence library? > For example can i change my si.env such that i can run CDL out from > another directory : > > simLibName = "/another_directory/stu_TEST_LIBRARY" > > It does not seem to work: > > *WARNING* ddGetObj: lib name '/another_directory/stu_TEST_LIBRARY' is > not a legal library name. > > Then a failure saying that cellview does not exist. > > Thanks > > Stu It probably checks the local cds.lib for your "simLibName". Setup a cds.lib in the directory where you want to run si and define lib and path there. Don't add the path to the "simLibName" variable. (untested, just a guess) Marc Marc Heise wrote, on 04/07/09 16:50: > stuart.duncan@gigle.biz wrote: >> Hi there, >> >...

how to assign name of another name?
hi, i know the question is a bit weired, what i want to do is to assign a variable string, such as 'a.name' to another varible such as b, so that I can achieve the purpose that when i write b=3, 3 will be assigned to the structure variable a.name? it's really important for my program, Thanks for helping me newbie wrote: > hi, i know the question is a bit weired, what i want to do is to > assign a variable string, such as 'a.name' to another varible such as > b, so that I can achieve the purpose that when i write b=3, 3 will be > assigned to the structure varia...

Computer names and HD names?
I'd appreciate some tutoring on my two computers' "computer names"; how these are related to the names of the internal HDs in these computers; where these names are stored; how I can change or reset these names without messing things up; and how I can transfer files from one computer to the other if both of them are talking to an Airport network.. Situation is, I maintain two essentially identical MacBooks, both single-user, both running 10.4.11. In fact MacBook A is my primary working computer; MacBook B is a "hot backup" created by doing a weekly SuperDup...

about variable name and method name
class Array def atoh hash = Hash.new if size % 2 != 0 raise "size must be odd" end 0.step(size-1,2) do |c| hash[self[c]] = self[c+1] end hash end end For "size" in the code above, we know it's a self.size method actually. But how ruby differ it's a variable or an instance method? Thanks. 2010/1/21 Ruby Newbee <rubynewbee@gmail.com>: > class Array > =A0def atoh > =A0 =A0 hash =3D Hash.new > =A0 =A0 if size % 2 !=3D 0 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 raise "size must be odd" > =A0 =A0...

network name and name of workgrup
How to get automaticly (like DHCP for IP) network name, name of workgroup for all workstation (win 2000) in local net with only OBSD server (dns, www,ftp,e-mail, proxy, amavis, anty-vir, snort, dhcp, apache (our and virtual domains), php, mysql and more) Z. Begin <dmdk3t$796$1@eol.ab-byd.edu.pl> On 2005-11-28, Krzys2 <krzys@zsm1.bydgoszcz.pl> wrote: > How to get automaticly (like DHCP for IP) network name, name of > workgroup for all workstation (win 2000) in local net [...] This is what dhcp is for: configure your machines. You usually do that by setting ...

name server or domain name
I have purchased a "cheapo" domain name (for the purpose of selling my home) from a popular seach engine site, but the downfall is that unless I display an ad, I have to show the redirect IP address. i.e www.mynew-domainname.com points to my server IP and it is now displayed while users are surfing my site. My question is: Is there a way around this, e.g. by specifying the server name in my httpd.conf and/or specifying a new DNS server that is running on my server. I have some control over A record, C name, and primary and secondary nameservers. Can I create links on my w...

Re: What is the Name of #? How did # Get its Name?
TELECOM Digest Editor <ptownson@telecom-digest.org> writes: > Maybe 80 decimal is some number we would recognize in hexadecimal... Well, it's 0x50. You do know that Christmas and Halloween fall on the same day? (25/dec == 31/oct) The Julian calendar, developed by and named for Julius Caesar, started numbering months with what we now call March. That's why the last four months of our modern calendar have names when are associated with the Latin prefices for seven through ten. That's also why February, the last month for Julius, is the one with the odd number of days. Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA +1 714 434 7359 dave@compata.com dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu "Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Pericles Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA "Politics is the business of getting dave@compata.com, +1 714 434 7359 power and privilege without dhclose@alumni.caltech.edu possessing merit." - P. J. O'Rourke [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well I do recall reading/discussing how New Year's Eve/Day occured on March 21/22. That is to say, March 21 some year was followed by March 22 the next year. Their idea was that our new beginnings should occur with the start of the new growing season rather than in the dead of winter as we do it now. PAT] ...

device name and disk name
Without root authority, how can I match device name to disk name (Veritas VxFS)? Thank you in advance. Mike <n00spam@comcast.net> wrote: > Without root authority, how can I match device name to disk name > (Veritas VxFS)? VxFS is just the filesystem. I presume you're working with the volume manager component as well. 'df' will take you from a filesystem to a device (physical or virtual). If you have Solaris Volume Manager (ODS/SDS/SVM) and a path with /dev/md, then 'metastat' will display the metadevice configurations. If you have Symantec (nee Veritas) ...

User name and host name
I want to see who the host is and compare it to user, so if user is host and shuts down, backup, but a remote user doesn't back up. Using get (username) = BOZO Inserting username symbol= Clarabell Using get (hostname)= Dell 510 What do I do to ascertain that only the host performs backup on close. -- ------------------------------------------------- Captain Guy s/v Island Time (352#277) AICW 845.5 386-689-5088 Use Get ( UserCount ) function, if result is 1 then it's the host and there aren't any other users connected... most of the time. In article <M7kRf.3648$sL2....

Web resources about - CDL name perfix - comp.cad.cadence

Chaudhary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chaudhary ( Urdu : چودهرى ‎; Bengali : চৌধুরী ; Nepali : चौधरी ; Telugu : చౌదరి caudharī ) is a term in Indo-Aryan languages , literally meaning ...

Product Categories - Cell Biology - Bioscience Technology
Skip to main content Advertisement Bioscience Technology Home News Articles Blogs Products Category Browse ANALYSIS INSTRUMENTS ANIMALS and RELATED ...

Motocross Alpinestars Apparel, Shop, Motocross Alpinestars Merchandise Store, Clothing, Gear
CBS Sports Store is the #1 destination for the sports fan shopping for Motocross Alpinestars apparel and merchandise. CBS Sports Shop has an ...

Shops in King’s Lynn
Welcome to the historic town of King's Lynn Home Things To Do What’s On Regular Events Town Information Entertainment & Sport Places to visit ...

Broadcast Equipment for Sale - Professional broadcast equipment Equipment Sale UK and Ireland
Broadcast Equipment Hire - Professional broadcast equipment Equipment Sale UK and Ireland

Hernia Repair - Hernia Operation - Radiance Health
Radiance Health provides Hernia Surgery, Repair and Treatment. Book a consultation with one of our expert surgeons for more information.

Broadcast Equipment for Hire - Professional broadcast equipment Equipment Hire UK and Ireland
Broadcast Equipment Hire - Professional broadcast equipment Equipment Hire UK and Ireland

Broadcast Equipment Hire - Professional broadcast equipment sales UK and Ireland
Broadcast Equipment Hire - Professional broadcast equipment sales UK and Ireland

Film, Television, Video Directory - UK / Ireland - 4 Regional Film & Video
Film, Television, Video Directory - UK / Ireland - 4 Regional Film & Video

Broadcast Equipment Sales - Professional broadcast equipment sales UK and Ireland
Broadcast Equipment Sales - Professional broadcast equipment sales UK and Ireland