CDL name perfix

What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?

Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.

Thanks for any hints.
Bernd

comp.cad.cadence 5409 articles. 18 followers. Post Follow

Hey Ralf,

nice to hear form you.

To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
is not the problem.
But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
is a special or generic device is the problem.
The name prefix
X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
	.ENDS
will be filtered out by Assura.
The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
not supported by Assura (form the docs).
I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
problems which I could not debug till now?

So If you have any further idea let me know.

Thanks Bernd

Ralf Geiger wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Bernd Fischer schrieb:
>
>>What is the name prefix for a generic device for a CDL netlist?
>>
>>Background, I want to LVS a inductor with a center tap, but the
>>inductor syntax of CDL 'LXX n1 n2 Model' allows only two nodes.
>

> Have you tried the
>
> <snip>
> cdfId->simInfo->auCdl = '( nil
>         netlistProcedure  ansCdlSubcktCall
> </snip>
>
> netlistProcedure?
>
> We use this for Calibre netlisting if a generic device
> have to few pins?
>
> (but I haven't done any cabibre work a long time now, but
> maybe worth a hint)
>
> Cheers
> Ralf

Hi Bernd,

--
no signature
0

Are you using Assura CDL (avReadCDL) for this Assura LVS?

For subcircuit you could define:
..SUBCKT mtry QN A LN=P1_LND WN=P1_WND LP=P1_LPD WP=P1_WPD
MTN1 QN A vgnd vgnd NM l=LN w=WN m=1
MTP1 vpwr A QN vpwr PM l=LP w=WP m=1
* CROSS-REFERENCE 1
* GND = 0
..ENDS

and use this:
XQT QT QB mtry LN=P1_LD WN=0.64 LP=P1_LD WP=1.32

For other special device, you could mark it as specific name
and use binding file (to map it to layout).

The other way is to force device mapping during schematic dfIIToVldb
run
as long as you know the device terminal name beforehand.

You could refer to Assura Physical Verification Developer Guide,
Product Version 3.0 Appendix B -Assura and CDL

Hope this could help.

thanks,
ronald

Bernd Fischer <bernd.fischer@xignal.de> wrote in message news:<404844B3.4090608@xignal.de>...
> Hey Ralf,
>
> nice to hear form you.
>
> To bring the desired format or terminals in the cdl netlist
> is not the problem.
> But to make the Assura or other cdl parsers understand that it
> is a special or generic device is the problem.
> The name prefix
> X defines a subcircuit which needs a subcircuit declaration before the call
> which I can not give, empty subcircuit declamations like
> 	.SUBCKT mySubCkt term1 term2 term3
> 	.ENDS
> will be filtered out by Assura.
> The name prefix I doesn't work either, result I does not see the
> schematic device in the Assura *.cls file.
> the prefix G defines a  Voltage-controlled current source and is also
> not supported by Assura (form the docs).
> I tried to declare my inductor as BJT device but this gives pin swapping
> problems which I could not debug till now?
>
> So If you have any further idea let me know.
>
> Thanks Bernd

0
rkdocc (25)

Find the file name on the end of a path
I've got a data file like this, which has filenames at the end of some directory structure. How can I extract just the file names, so for the first two cases in my data file (see bottom of post), I want divisor_group.py divisor.py The number of directory levels is not fixed, so might in general be a/b/c.py a/b/c/d/e/f/g.py a/b/c/d/e.txt I've put part of my data file below. Any suggestions? Dave devel/sage/sage/schemes/generic/divisor_group.py devel/sage/sage/schemes/generic/divisor.py devel/sage/sage/schemes/generic/fano_toric_variety.py devel/sage/sage/s...

Name This Game Request
I have been searching the web for this great game that I remember playing on the Apple II, but I can't remember what it is called. It was an ASCII graphics game sort of like Rogue, but the maze was not randomly generated. I remember that you could choose your race (human, elf, hobbit and maybe dwarf), and that you started off in a bizarre (haggling was possible). I have always referred to the game as Hobbit, but I guess that might be because I almost always played as a hobbit. If anyone has any idea what this game is, please let me know. Thanks, Don "Don G" <mail4...

Store name of structure as string
I have a couple of structures, and I would like to extract thier names for use in an algorithm I'm writing. Is there any way I can do something like this... function y = myfunction(x,z) name1 = structname(x) name2 = structname(z) ..... Thanks in advance, Steph "Steph T" <stephanie.turnbull@strath.ac.uk> wrote in message <i55e2s$65n$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have a couple of structures, and I would like to extract thier names for use in an algorithm I'm writing. > > Is there any way I can do something like this... > > fun...

"Document name" in TIFF
I'm using GIMP 2.4.2 under Win2K. I noticed that when GIMP creates a TIFF file, it creates a "Document Name" tag which is equal to the filename with full path information. Being part of the actual file, it doesn't change when the file is moved or renamed. The original filename and its path are data a creator might not want disseminated. Is there an option to turn off GIMP's creating this tag? At least, now that I know it's there, I can take post-creation steps to delete the tag, if I want. -- Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" intergate "dot...

Name of the game?
I used to play a game on the Atari 600xl. It was a tape based game when you had a number of connected boxes that you moved around and when you had moved along all 4 sides of the box it would fill with color. The object was to get all the boxes filled and move to the next level. While trying to fill the boxes you would be chased by enemies (they looked like sparks). It is not Qix where you had to draw closed boxes, it already had the boxes drawn on the screen. Anyone have an idea what it was called? And even better if it is available online anywhere? Bill H - www.ts1000.us On 22 J...

input string --> variable name?
Anyone know how to take a string and use it as the name of a variable? To make things more complicated, I'd prefer to use it as a field in a single output variable (ie. output.string1, output.string2...). "MZ" <zarellam@twcnyremove.rr.comspam> wrote in message news:NZWdnfT1WNGDd-_dRVn-vg@giganews.com... > Anyone know how to take a string and use it as the name of a variable? > > To make things more complicated, I'd prefer to use it as a field in a single > output variable (ie. output.string1, output.string2...). > > I think struct will do this. Lo...

Using variable name for imwrite
For the last 3 hours ive been unable to fix what should be easy. I want to use a user defined variable to save the file to. where have i gone wrong. thanks. relevant Code: flashImage = double(imread(test.jpg))/255; name = inputdlg('enter a name for your image','',1,{'PictureName'}); name imwrite(flashImage, name,'jpg'); Output: name = 'PictureName.jpg' ??? Error using ==> imwrite at 363 Invalid colormap Error in ==> GUI>importPictures_Callback at 355 imwrite(flashImage, name,'jpg'); Error in ...

disk naming in solaris
Could some one let me know the easy way of understanding solaris disk naming conventions. It is bit difficult to understand. I know in linux it is named /dev/hda or /dev/sda(for scsi). Some one advise on this. murali <murali.krishnaa7@gmail.com> writes: >Could some one let me know the easy way of understanding solaris disk >naming conventions. It is bit difficult to understand. I know in >linux it is named /dev/hda or /dev/sda(for scsi). Some one advise on >this. Its usually based on controller number, target ID number, LUN, and slice numbers. It makes it alo...

module name == class name?
Hi, I use the open-source automated functional test tool: Watir. In each class I hold methods relating to a specific HTML page. To avoid any name conflict, I think I should be wrapping each class within a module. Is it good form to have a module name that equals the class name. e.g. module Login class Login end end ? Thanks Aidy On 7/11/07, aidy.lewis@googlemail.com <aidy.lewis@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I use the open-source automated functional test tool: Watir. In each > class I hold methods relating to a specific HTML page. To ...

Problem translating characters in file names
I have a script that is supposed to change any : (colon characters) in a file name into - (hyphens). It works fine unless there are spaces in the file name, in which case it ignores the file altogether. How can I fix this? #! /bin/sh for file in $* do if [ -f $file ] then renfile=`echo $file | tr : - ` if [ $file != $renfile ] then mv -i $file $renfile fi fi done Usage: ./rename directory/* LinuxNewbie wrote: > I have a script that is supposed to change any : (colon characters) in a > file name into - (hyphens). It works ...

[ace-users] Can't connect to Naming Service
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C44E31.A73AA43E Content-Type: text/plain Hi to All. I have a problem. My server is using SSLIOP for connection with client. But, also server need to be registered in the naming service. Here listing of the server: CORBA::ORB_var orb = CORBA::ORB_init (argc, argv, "" ACE_ENV_ARG_PARAMETER); ACE_TRY_CHECK; CORBA::Object_var poa_object = orb->resolve_initial_referen...

Optimizing named for speed
I activated named and added 127.0.0.1 to my /etc/resolv.conf, ahead of my ISP's DNS servers. Some web lookups were equally fast or maybe even faster, but other lookups (particularly e-mail) were considerably slower. What might be causing this behavior? I would expect the local DNS cache to respond immediately to all local requests with either "here are your IP numbers" or "I don't know, ask the next DNS server on the list". I have moved 127.0.0.1 below my ISP's DNS servers until I can get this speed issue figured out. Ed Murphy <emurphy42@socal.rr.com&g...

Length of variable names in Matrix and length of argument names in Macro
It seems that there are some errors in the SPSS 16 manual. Matrix and End Matrix: From the manual: "A matrix variable name follows the same rules as those applicable to an ordinary SPSS variable name." (p.1047) Although SPSS now allows long variable names, when I used variable names longer than 8 characters in Matrix, I was prompted with errors, and was asked to use variable name with 8 or few characters. Macro definition: From the manual: "Argument names are limited to seven characters ..." (p.551). However, I did some experiments and it seems that SP...

Randomize records of names
My table has 1000+ records of names. There is a field for last name. The last names are in alphabetical order. How can I reorder the names either in the same table or in a new table where the last names are in random order? This is just data for now so I'm not concerned about losing the primary key values. Thanks! Tom Tom wrote: >My table has 1000+ records of names. There is a field for last name. The last >names are in alphabetical order. How can I reorder the names either in the same >table or in a new table where the last names are in random order? This is just >data f...

Re: Replacing variable names in text #2
On 11/16/06, BruceBrad <b.bradbury@unsw.edu.au> wrote: > input dummy $ 1-1 @; /* assigns linelength, @ holds to read line > again */ > input @1 line $varying500. CurrentLineLength; There is no need to "prime the pump" the value assigned to the INFILE variable associated with the LENGTH option is the value for the line that is being read. Consider this output. 107 data _null_; 108 infile temp length=CurrentLineLength; 109 input @1 line $varying500. CurrentLineLength; 110 put 'This value equals that reported by LIST statement: ' CurrentLineLengt...

Best approach to sending field names dynamically
Hi, I have a C# web app that searches my database table using the following search parameters Search string, criteria (> < =) and the field you want to perform your search on. My understanding is that stored procedure is the way to go. What's the best way of doing this using stored procedures. Can I define a placeholder for the field name? Ex. SELECT field1, field2... FROM Table WHERE field1='value1' where field1 and value1 are both sent from code. If it's not possible then what is the best way to approach this problem? I see so many searches like that on the internet...

More on named-checkconf error message
Danny, Thank you very much for your prompt response. I was running the named-checkconf from a user with administrator privileges, but none on the dns folder. After changing user permissions, however, I still get the same fatal error. But here is more information. It is not that I cannot run the exe file, because if I use the -v option I get output indicating the version (I presume that is what the -v option does). The programs runs normally. Unfortunately, I cannot get anything else to work. In addition, I can get rndc.exe and named-checkzone to throw the same fatal exception...

How unique is temporary file names (from file upload)?
I'm storing all uploaded files in one directory -- with the same temporary names they are given by PHP. I do so because I don't want an uploaded file to overwrite an already exisiting one, so I need to know whether these names are unique only per session and can reappear at a different time, or are they unique for every upload... ever? Thanks!=) mvh M. K. Mikhail Kovalev wrote: > I'm storing all uploaded files in one directory -- with the same > temporary names they are given by PHP. I do so because I don't want an > uploaded file to overwrite an already exisiting o...

Export data as well as the corresponding column names?
Hello, Is there a way to export the data from some tables, along with their corresponding column names? I know I can use "export" command to export the data from a table to a DEL file (the users need to be able to read the file directly, which leaves the choice of a DEL file), but only the data will be in the file. The users would like to see the column names side by side with the data as well. I wonder if there is an easy way to do so without too much coding. Thanks. Use ixf format will have table DDL, include the column name. But not readable directly. The easy way i...

Howto Determine mimetype without the file name extension?
Hi all, I had a filesystem crash and when I retrieved the data back the files had random names without extension. I decided to write a script to determine the file extension and create a newfile with extension. --- method 1: # File extension utility. import os import mimetypes import shutil def main(): for root,dirs,files in os.walk(r'C:\Senthil\test'): for each in files: fname = os.path.join(root,each) print fname mtype,entype = mimetypes.guess_type(fname) fext = mimetypes.guess_extension(mtype) if fex...

Names
I'm writing documentation for a server we are building for a client, the names of packages are a bit confusing because they're mostly lowercase, is it better to capitalise and make it look gramatically correct ie. "Qmail is a SMTP server", or becuser the name is lowercase leave it lovercase ie. "courier is a POP3 and imap server." Steven On 2004-10-27, Steven Hook <shook@NOTbowens.co.za> wrote: > I'm writing documentation for a server we are building for a client Who is going to read the docs? If is a techie or a supposed techie, he will wade trough...

Equation names
How can I get equations look linke a^2+b^2=c^2 (1.2) Pythagoras and which reference like (1.2) I was trying to insert a minipage into the \tag{} command, but somehow this does not work. Thanks Hannes ...

Argument-dependant lookup of names enclosed in parentheses
When the name of a function in a function call expression is enclosed in parentheses (like (f)(a)), no argument-dependant lookup is performed. Does anyone know where this rule is stated in the standard, and what the rationale for this rule is ? Patrick [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] patrick wrote: > When the name of a function in a function call expression is enclosed in > parentheses (like (f)(a)), no argument-dependant lookup is performed. > Does anyone know where this rul...

named.hosts nameserver listing format
I want to list the primary zone nameserver in named.hosts. In the example named.hosts the formats aren't clear to me...some have MX records and some don't. If the nameserver is named thor is this an adequate listing for named.hosts?: thor IN A 192.168.50.50 Do I need any other information for our name server in named.hosts (that is the file I list in the config file for the zone)? Also, where do you list a remote server not on our network? Thanks In article <3F25911D.2080905@sonicnospam.net>, BG <brentnospam@sonicnospam.net> wrote: >I want to list the primar...

EMC Clariion CDL
Folks, We have an EMC Clariion CDL (tape library emulator) at work that we are trying to get working with VMS and Legato (don't go there - this is the second time we've had something shoved down our throat and been told to make it work or else, supported or not; say, "symposium session submission in the making"). When these guys first got it zoned in and mapped, SYSMAN's IO LIST command displayed all the tape devices they were presenting to me. However, I couldn't actually configure into VMS any drive where the LUN number was reported as a hex value greater than %X0...