changing saveDir and projectDir as library changes

Hi,

I'm having problems figuring out how to do the following:

Instead of just using fixed defaults for saveDir and projectDir (such
as ./artist_states and ./simulation respectively - and I don't care
how these were set - either by .cdsenv entry or use of envSetVal) , I
would like to have projectDir and saveDir follow the library of the
schematic being simulated.

In other words, if I opened MyLib->MyCell->schematic and then invoked
Analog Artist, I would like the projectDir to already be defaulted to
../simulation/MyLib and I would like the saveDir to already be
defaulted to ./simulation/MyLib/artist_states.  Similarly, if I then
opened YourLib->YourCell->schematic and invoked Analog Artist or just
chose YourLib->YourCell->schematic from the Setup - Design form , I
would want these two values to automatically be changed to
../simulation/YourLib and ./simulation/YourLib/artist_states
respectively.

I've thought about adding skill to run after a trigger event, but I am
not sure which trigger is appropriate.  Also, I haven't found a
foolproof method of grabbing the library name which works under all
the different ways to switch what will be simulated.  Additionally, it
would be awesome if whatever solution would also work for Ocean as
well.

Any and all help/ideas would be great.  Thanks.
Whisker
comp.cad.cadence 5409 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Have you tried to use envSetVal within the libraries libInit.il
files? This is just a guess and I either don't know if this
is the right approach.

Bernd

Whisker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems figuring out how to do the following:
>
> Instead of just using fixed defaults for saveDir and projectDir (such
> as ./artist_states and ./simulation respectively - and I don't care
> how these were set - either by .cdsenv entry or use of envSetVal) , I
> would like to have projectDir and saveDir follow the library of the
> schematic being simulated.
>
> In other words, if I opened MyLib->MyCell->schematic and then invoked
> Analog Artist, I would like the projectDir to already be defaulted to
> ./simulation/MyLib and I would like the saveDir to already be
> defaulted to ./simulation/MyLib/artist_states.  Similarly, if I then
> opened YourLib->YourCell->schematic and invoked Analog Artist or just
> chose YourLib->YourCell->schematic from the Setup - Design form , I
> would want these two values to automatically be changed to
> ./simulation/YourLib and ./simulation/YourLib/artist_states
> respectively.
>
> I've thought about adding skill to run after a trigger event, but I am
> not sure which trigger is appropriate.  Also, I haven't found a
> foolproof method of grabbing the library name which works under all
> the different ways to switch what will be simulated.  Additionally, it
> would be awesome if whatever solution would also work for Ocean as
> well.
>
> Any and all help/ideas would be great.  Thanks.
> Whisker

this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
code.
maybe what you could do is register a trigger for analogArtist-schematic
subview type.

deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )

tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but also
when changing design inside artist.

"Whisker" <whiskerville83-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems figuring out how to do the following:
>
> Instead of just using fixed defaults for saveDir and projectDir (such
> as ./artist_states and ./simulation respectively - and I don't care
> how these were set - either by .cdsenv entry or use of envSetVal) , I
> would like to have projectDir and saveDir follow the library of the
> schematic being simulated.
>
> In other words, if I opened MyLib->MyCell->schematic and then invoked
> Analog Artist, I would like the projectDir to already be defaulted to
> ./simulation/MyLib and I would like the saveDir to already be
> defaulted to ./simulation/MyLib/artist_states.  Similarly, if I then
> opened YourLib->YourCell->schematic and invoked Analog Artist or just
> chose YourLib->YourCell->schematic from the Setup - Design form , I
> would want these two values to automatically be changed to
> ./simulation/YourLib and ./simulation/YourLib/artist_states
> respectively.
>
> I've thought about adding skill to run after a trigger event, but I am
> not sure which trigger is appropriate.  Also, I haven't found a
> foolproof method of grabbing the library name which works under all
> the different ways to switch what will be simulated.  Additionally, it
> would be awesome if whatever solution would also work for Ocean as
> well.
>
> Any and all help/ideas would be great.  Thanks.
> Whisker

Bernd,

You touched upon one idea that I tried, however, I couldn't seem to
automatically generate the library name in a dynamic way - I was
hoping for one libInit.il that I could just copy from library to
library without any edits.  I tried
dbGetCellViewDdId(deGetCellView())->lib->name and
dbGetCellViewDdId(geGetEditCellView())->lib->name both of which work
from the CIW, but neither worked from libInit.il.  I figure this is
because the library manager is a separate executable.  Perhaps I need
to create a cdsLibMgr.il file?  I've read the Library Manager User
Guide and it indicates that SKILL callback procedures always receive
the argument list selection currently specified in the library
manager.  The library manager sends the data selection specification
fully corresponding to the 5.X architecture as a list of five strings:
LIBNAME CELLNAME VIEWNAME FILENAME CATEGORY.  But I couldn't figure
out how to access this list.  It seems like it had the data I was
after (LIBNAME).  Any ideas out there?

Whisker

Bernd Fischer <bernd.fischer@xignal.de> wrote in message news:<408F7C56.9010103@xignal.de>...
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to use envSetVal within the libraries libInit.il
> files? This is just a guess and I either don't know if this
> is the right approach.
>
> Bernd

Stephane,

I think you may have my solution.  I will follow your lead and see if
I can get it working.  Thank you and I'll post back how things turn
out.

Whisker

"S. Badel" <stephane.badel@epfl.ch> wrote in message news:<408f92ad$1@epflnews.epfl.ch>...
> this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
> code.
> maybe what you could do is register a trigger for analogArtist-schematic
> subview type.
>
> deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )
>
> tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but also
> when changing design inside artist.
Stephane,

Here's what I have so far, but it's not working yet.  When I query
values in the CIW, the saveDir and projectDir read properly.  However,
when I open the forms that should be showing these variables, the
values are not correct.  It's as if a callback is not getting
triggered.  If I do a netlist or save a state, the incorrect values
are used.
In my ~/.cdsenv file I have these two lines:
asimenv saveDir string "./simulation/"
asimenv.startup projectDir string "./simulation/"
In my ~/.cdsinit file I have these two lines:
envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" )
envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" )
if( !deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger
   then
      printf("\nNo analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
registered.\nInstalling My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n\n")
      deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
   else
      hiGetAttention(50)
      printf("\nWARNING!: A analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
already registered as: %s\n"
deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger)
      printf("\nThis user trigger will be replaced by
My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n")
      deUnRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic")
      deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
      hiGetAttention(50)
)

procedure(  My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger( args "l")
   let( (My_debug libSimPath libStatePath)
      My_debug=t
;      My_debug=nil
      if(My_debug then println(args))
      libSimPath = strcat( envGetDefVal( "asimenv.startup"
"projectDir" ) args->libName )
      envSetVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" 'string libSimPath )
      printf("Set projectDir environment value to %s\n" libSimPath)
      ;
      libStatePath = strcat( libSimPath "/artist_states" )
      envSetVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" 'string libStatePath )
      printf("Set saveDir environment value to %s\n" libStatePath)
   ) ; end of let
) ; end of procedure

So close, but yet so far away... Any ideas?  All help is greatly
appreciated.

Whisker

whiskerville83-google@yahoo.com (Whisker) wrote in message news:<6941ff49.0404281055.6c9727ae@posting.google.com>...
> Stephane,
>
> I think you may have my solution.  I will follow your lead and see if
> I can get it working.  Thank you and I'll post back how things turn
> out.
>
> Whisker
>
> "S. Badel" <stephane.badel@epfl.ch> wrote in message news:<408f92ad$1@epflnews.epfl.ch>...
> > this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
> > code.
> > maybe what you could do is register a trigger for analogArtist-schematic
> > subview type.
> >
> > deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )
> >
> > tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but also
> > when changing design inside artist.
yep, probably those variable are only read once. This is the
case with many tools, you cannot change environment options
procedurally once they are loaded.

for your problem have a look at the asi* and sev* functions,
described in Cadence Analog Environment SKILL Reference.

i found this one to set the .artist_states directory.
sevSetTopSaveDir()

you'll probably find what you need there.

st�phane

---------------------------------
> In my ~/.cdsenv file I have these two lines:
> asimenv saveDir string "./simulation/"
> asimenv.startup projectDir string "./simulation/"
---------------------------------
> In my ~/.cdsinit file I have these two lines:
> envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" )
> envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" )
---------------------------------
> if( !deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger
>    then
>       printf("\nNo analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
> registered.\nInstalling My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n\n")
>       deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
> 'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
>    else
>       hiGetAttention(50)
>       printf("\nWARNING!: A analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
> already registered as: %s\n"
> deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger)
>       printf("\nThis user trigger will be replaced by
> My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n")
>       deUnRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic")
>       deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
> 'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
>       hiGetAttention(50)
> )
>
> procedure(  My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger( args "l")
>    let( (My_debug libSimPath libStatePath)
>       My_debug=t
> ;      My_debug=nil
>       if(My_debug then println(args))
>       libSimPath = strcat( envGetDefVal( "asimenv.startup"
> "projectDir" ) args->libName )
>       envSetVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" 'string libSimPath )
>       printf("Set projectDir environment value to %s\n" libSimPath)
>       ;
>       libStatePath = strcat( libSimPath "/artist_states" )
>       envSetVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" 'string libStatePath )
>       printf("Set saveDir environment value to %s\n" libStatePath)
>    ) ; end of let
> ) ; end of procedure
>
> So close, but yet so far away... Any ideas?  All help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Whisker
>
> whiskerville83-google@yahoo.com (Whisker) wrote in message
> > Stephane,
> >
> > I think you may have my solution.  I will follow your lead and see if
> > I can get it working.  Thank you and I'll post back how things turn
> > out.
> >
> > Whisker
> >
> > "S. Badel" <stephane.badel@epfl.ch> wrote in message
> > > this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
> > > code.
> > > maybe what you could do is register a trigger for
analogArtist-schematic
> > > subview type.
> > >
> > > deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )
> > >
> > > tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but
also
> > > when changing design inside artist.

Changing the Change File Feature.
Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a similarly-named file in another directory? Thanks. It does not get changed automatically. Just Click NO! -- Hope this helps. Let us know. Wes MS-MVP Windows Shell/User In news:bPVue.8700$NX4.8680@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net, Neil <nospam@nospam.net> hunted and pecked: > Is there a way to turn off the feature in Windows XP Home where, when a > shortcut can't find its target file, it gets changed to point to a > simila...

Changing the initial layout
Hi All, Trying to build my first Cocoa project, I'm having lot's of fun, but there is this thing I can't figure out. I'm building a game, on the right I have an openGL thing and on the left I have Tabpages. Now I've created 4 different Tab's no problems there. The problem is that now allways all tabs are applicable, when the application just started, I just want to show 2 of them. So I've to do something like: [menuBar->AdvancedTab retain]; [menuBar removeTabViewItem: menuBar->AdvancedTab]; But the thing is I've no clue where to put ...

Re: change value #3
Here's the (I think) analogous sql: proc sql ; update test set age = 20 where age = 200 ; quit ; -Roy -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of data _null_; Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:19 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: change value Here is a way, that works based on the information you have provided. Let's see if any one it paying attention :-) data work.test; input age sex:$1. @@; cards; 21 M 23 F 200 M ;;;; run; proc editor data=work.test; find 1,last age=200; list...

ComboBox change
I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? "Jules" <news@burnsville.freeserveXXX.co.uk> wrote: > >I want the user to be able to have full functionality of a comboBox but with >the ability to change the text. Does any of the attributes allow this? > > Jules, I believe you want to set the Style property to "0 - Dropdown Combo". This allows the user to pick an item from the list or type into the combo box. Regards, Eric Sorry, my mistake, I m...

change of career?
Hi, I currently work as a software engineer on quite complex signal processing code which really does stretch the old grey matter. I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it and would like to pursue a career in something a bit less technically challenging. Does anyone have any thoughts about what would be a good move into? I'd like to say what motivates me.... but i'm not too sure. Thanks, James. Home Depot. You can do it. We can help. LOL <blokedownpub@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1168290930.424513.48240@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I currently work...

Trying to change ID value in @array
Hi, I'm trying to replace the ID number in my @array. Each entry of addressbook.txt has an ID number, a name and an email address separated by a "|" in this format: 1|Robert|rob@email.com 2|Gerry|gerry@email.com 3|Frank|frank@email.com A user simply inputs a number in a web form, then the data is passed to this deletion script: # Get array entries open (ADDRESSES, "<data/addressbook.txt") or die "Can't open file: $!"; @recipients=<ADDRESSES>; close(ADDRESSES); # Loop to locate and delete entry based on form data foreach $recipients(@recipien...

how cani change font at console window
windows nt 4.0 i edit Lucida console and after that i cant see this font in property ...

changing CPerl indenting
I would like this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; Changed to this: my $vars = { cgi => $cgi, pagetitle => 'SBAMentor', }; My eyes are blurry from looking for the answer. :-) I have cperl-mode on by default and I have the following in .emacs: ;; CPerl not Perl! (fset 'perl-mode 'cperl-mode) (add-hook 'cperl-mode-hook '(lambda () (cperl-set-style "PerlStyle"))) (setq cperl-hairy t) (setq cperl-indent-level 4) (setq cperl-continued-statement-offset 4) (setq cperl-brace-o...

How to change PCI interrupts?
We are trying to duplicate an experiment setup which uses QNX 6.1 and I am having some problems with the new computer. I am mostly a software guy, I don't know much about hardware but I believe the problem is about some interrupts clashing. The problem is when the PCI card is initialized and some FIFO open is attempted over the network with another QNX machine, the network goes down. The same cards and programs works fine with the current computers. I tested the new card with the old computers and it works fine. I tested the FIFO part without the PCI initialization and the netwo...

Accesing a library from my Mach-O app
Hi, I want to dynamically load a library (in this case the Lame mp3 encoder) which is located in /usr/local/bin/ the name of the library is "lame" what function calls should I use? I've never did this under OS X but am used to the similar things with OS 9 and Windows I've googled for it but really don't know what the appropriate words to use are Thanks for any help Rolf ...

To change password in Eudora? URGENT!
Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. How can I change password in Eudora too? Thanks <st.lucky@katamail.com> wrote... > Hi, I have just changed my password to my principal account (on the > web) and Eudora is not able anymore to download my emails. > How can I change password in Eudora too? > Thanks I think this'll do it: In Eudora, click on "Special", then "Forget Password(s)". Now then next time you try to retrieve your email, Eudora will ...

Changing the field of specialization in Computer Science
Hi all, I have done computer system engineering. I chose the Grid Computing field for doing my undergrad senior design project and worked on an OGSA compliant Replica Location Service for grids. But now I feel that back then I made a wrong choice as I found out later that I wasn't much interested in Grid Computing and found it hard to work in that field. Now I want to pursue Artificial Intelligence during my future work/studies. I want to pursue a masters degree with specialization in AI. My question is that is it possible to change lanes under the above mentioned circumstances...

DAQ change frequency while continously outputing sine wave
I have an NI USB DAQ and I can continuously generate a signal. I need to be able to continuously generate a signal and change the frequency from when desired, while still generating a signal. I have not been able to figure out how to change the frequency without shutting down the output first. This is the code I use to continuously generate the data: function [source, lh] = daqWvformControl(freq, signalVoltPk, squareWv, sampleRate, Dur) source = daq.createSession('ni'); source.IsContinuous = true; source.addAnalogOutputChannel('Dev1', 0, 'Voltage'); source.Rate...

best P2P NAT traversal / NAT negotiation library or application example
I am working on problem of NAT negotiation/NAT traversal problem for P2P application using UDP protocol. I am using STUN client/server to determine whenevr client is behind NAT and what variation of NAT used in that case. What I am looking for is any third party library or any other solution I can use in my application to establish P2P connections between two hosts located behind some kind of NAT. Solution is obvious - when two clients start sending UDP messages to each other's public IP address/port they NAT should let packets through believing that communication was initiated by...

Trace on change/Signal on change/Call on change
Is ooRexx getting any closer to having a mechanism which could be used to trace when a particular variable or stem variable gets changed (to a particular value)? I don't know whether I'm writing cleverer bugs, or my debugging skills are waning with age, but it is starting to take me days to track down some problems that would be a snip with a variable monitor. I've just fixed such a bug. It took me about three years, because it happened only once a year, on average. Phew! -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Swifty wrote: > Is ...

Changing UDCs online
Hello 3000-l Haven't done this in a long while, have searched the Archives, for more time than I care to relate, zero results: I have a UDC that is being accessed by, say, 70 Users, yet I need to implement a File command and save it so that they get the new version when they next logon. Of course the UDC is set to "*" and I can't save the file- someone know the method of doing this, sorry for any bandwidth- is it in the Archives? Timestamp? Best to all, esp those who got to go to Atlanta! John M Penney Systems Programmer Production Services Information Servi...

Changing to Applemac
Hi, Could you help me please? I am considering changing to an Applemac from a Dell PC. I have three kids at school who will need to use it too, for homework/internet etc. No big requirements for gaming or anything like that, standard Office accessories used, nothing really fancy, but maybe Dreamweaver. Currently we have a quite powerful Dell PC (loads of memory/disk space etc) and would not want anything less powereful than that. Broadband internet access, whilst needed for several hours per day, is mainly for email, some music, and web research etc. So, what do I need to make the transition...

Changing the "Zoom" from Ctrl-Alt-Keypad plus/minus
hello, world\n I would like to change the key combination used to "zoom" (cycle through the resolution list). The xorg.conf manpage only says how to disable it: Option "DontZoom" "boolean" This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad- Plus and Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus sequences. These sequences allows you to switch between video modes. When this option is enabled, those key sequences have no special meaning and are passed to clients. Default: off. I need ...

I need a script that will use the DOM to change an actors lines to ....
bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software "grasshopper" <rodger@peguesmusic.com> wrote in message news:1141624160.564209.154880@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > bold when the actor clicks on his name at the top of the play,,,,,,,,no > idea how to start this,,,,,I can trade original music for this > info,,,,,I'm very good with Reason software > I would approach it with a combination of css and javascript. tag each actor&...

change color in a bmp image
Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads and image and then changes the color at specified pixels.The pixels that I want to change are saved in a 2d array like that 332 64 332 65 356 67 etc. The original image that i load is pure white and I want to change the pixels color at pixel (332,64),(332,65),(356,67)and so on to black. Is there a function that can change a pixel from 255 to 0 value?How can I do that? Any help would be appreciated. :) kudrah wrote: > Hi, I'm a newbie in matlab and i want to write a program that loads > and image and then chang...

changing the GT system ?!
Hi all, is it possible to change the screen refresh to whole screen refresh instead of changed byte refresh which can help DBC code to work with lastest CVS of xharbour ? I have try to look into the GT source code, but have no idea on how to change it Thanks Try to update the GTWIN.C from GTwin, by changing screen update changed character into update whole line which work perfect and display DBC characters correctly. these make me step forward from Dec 2007 CVS, to latest CVS :-) Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Changing mouse into hourglass over all objects including drop downs
I know this works on all objects except drop down boxes. doc = document.all for (i=0;i<doc.length;i++) { doc(i).style.cursor = 'wait'; } Is it possible to make a cursor into an hourglass over a drop down? mcraven.2@wright.edu wrote: > I know this works on all objects except drop down boxes. > > doc = document.all document.all is a proprietary MS feature that has been copied to some extent by other browsers, but can be considered deprecated (since IE 5) in favour of appropriate W3C standards - in this case, document.getElementsByTagName should do the trick but ma...

ZoomWindow library
Hello, just a quick note to inform you that I've updated the ZoomWindow library at: http://www.anc-software.it/cgi-bin/spemain.cgi?Action=downarea For those who don't know about it, it is a library (with source code) that let to increase/decrease the window content (controls + fonts) like the zoom features of internet browsers, simply changing the INHERIT clause of the window. Greetings Antonello Antonello, Thx, Carlos Hi, What are the changes with previous version. I use this class, but I have done changes to it, so I can not just copy the new version .....

Changing SMTP Port In Evolution
All: Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'll be dead before anybody answers this in the Novell support group... I need to change my SMTP port in Evolution 2.0.2 and I can't seem to find where to do that. Please advise. Thanks, John "John" <john_tilly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.01.26.16.00.11.772179@hotmail.com > Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'll be dead before anybody answers > this in the Novell support group... > > I need to change my SMTP port in Evolution 2.0.2 and I can't seem to > find where to do that. > > Ple...

[ruby-gtk2] problem changing menu in Gtk::OptionMenu
Hi all. I need (again) help with ruby-gtk2. I have problems with this little code fragment: --------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'glib2' require 'gtk2' class BotonOpciones < Gtk::OptionMenu def initialize(valores=nil, inicial=nil) super() add_options(valores, inicial) if valores end def add_options(valores, inicial=nil) @valores = valores @valor = inicial || valores[0] # Remove last menu. Is this necesary? if @menu remove_menu @menu.destroy end @items = [] @menu = Gtk::Menu.new grupo = nil @valores.e...