changing saveDir and projectDir as library changes

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I'm having problems figuring out how to do the following:

Instead of just using fixed defaults for saveDir and projectDir (such
as ./artist_states and ./simulation respectively - and I don't care
how these were set - either by .cdsenv entry or use of envSetVal) , I
would like to have projectDir and saveDir follow the library of the
schematic being simulated.

In other words, if I opened MyLib->MyCell->schematic and then invoked
Analog Artist, I would like the projectDir to already be defaulted to
../simulation/MyLib and I would like the saveDir to already be
defaulted to ./simulation/MyLib/artist_states.  Similarly, if I then
opened YourLib->YourCell->schematic and invoked Analog Artist or just
chose YourLib->YourCell->schematic from the Setup - Design form , I
would want these two values to automatically be changed to
../simulation/YourLib and ./simulation/YourLib/artist_states
respectively.

I've thought about adding skill to run after a trigger event, but I am
not sure which trigger is appropriate.  Also, I haven't found a
foolproof method of grabbing the library name which works under all
the different ways to switch what will be simulated.  Additionally, it
would be awesome if whatever solution would also work for Ocean as
well.

Any and all help/ideas would be great.  Thanks.
Whisker
0
Reply whiskerville83-google (7) 4/28/2004 5:41:06 AM

See related articles to this posting

Hi,

Have you tried to use envSetVal within the libraries libInit.il
files? This is just a guess and I either don't know if this
is the right approach.

Bernd

Whisker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems figuring out how to do the following:
>
> Instead of just using fixed defaults for saveDir and projectDir (such
> as ./artist_states and ./simulation respectively - and I don't care
> how these were set - either by .cdsenv entry or use of envSetVal) , I
> would like to have projectDir and saveDir follow the library of the
> schematic being simulated.
>
> In other words, if I opened MyLib->MyCell->schematic and then invoked
> Analog Artist, I would like the projectDir to already be defaulted to
> ./simulation/MyLib and I would like the saveDir to already be
> defaulted to ./simulation/MyLib/artist_states.  Similarly, if I then
> opened YourLib->YourCell->schematic and invoked Analog Artist or just
> chose YourLib->YourCell->schematic from the Setup - Design form , I
> would want these two values to automatically be changed to
> ./simulation/YourLib and ./simulation/YourLib/artist_states
> respectively.
>
> I've thought about adding skill to run after a trigger event, but I am
> not sure which trigger is appropriate.  Also, I haven't found a
> foolproof method of grabbing the library name which works under all
> the different ways to switch what will be simulated.  Additionally, it
> would be awesome if whatever solution would also work for Ocean as
> well.
>
> Any and all help/ideas would be great.  Thanks.
> Whisker

0
Reply bernd.fischer (67) 4/28/2004 9:41:42 AM

this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
code.
maybe what you could do is register a trigger for analogArtist-schematic
subview type.

deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )

tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but also
when changing design inside artist.

"Whisker" <whiskerville83-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems figuring out how to do the following:
>
> Instead of just using fixed defaults for saveDir and projectDir (such
> as ./artist_states and ./simulation respectively - and I don't care
> how these were set - either by .cdsenv entry or use of envSetVal) , I
> would like to have projectDir and saveDir follow the library of the
> schematic being simulated.
>
> In other words, if I opened MyLib->MyCell->schematic and then invoked
> Analog Artist, I would like the projectDir to already be defaulted to
> ./simulation/MyLib and I would like the saveDir to already be
> defaulted to ./simulation/MyLib/artist_states.  Similarly, if I then
> opened YourLib->YourCell->schematic and invoked Analog Artist or just
> chose YourLib->YourCell->schematic from the Setup - Design form , I
> would want these two values to automatically be changed to
> ./simulation/YourLib and ./simulation/YourLib/artist_states
> respectively.
>
> I've thought about adding skill to run after a trigger event, but I am
> not sure which trigger is appropriate.  Also, I haven't found a
> foolproof method of grabbing the library name which works under all
> the different ways to switch what will be simulated.  Additionally, it
> would be awesome if whatever solution would also work for Ocean as
> well.
>
> Any and all help/ideas would be great.  Thanks.
> Whisker

0
Reply stephane.badel (108) 4/28/2004 11:17:01 AM

Bernd,

You touched upon one idea that I tried, however, I couldn't seem to
automatically generate the library name in a dynamic way - I was
hoping for one libInit.il that I could just copy from library to
library without any edits.  I tried
dbGetCellViewDdId(deGetCellView())->lib->name and
dbGetCellViewDdId(geGetEditCellView())->lib->name both of which work
from the CIW, but neither worked from libInit.il.  I figure this is
because the library manager is a separate executable.  Perhaps I need
to create a cdsLibMgr.il file?  I've read the Library Manager User
Guide and it indicates that SKILL callback procedures always receive
the argument list selection currently specified in the library
manager.  The library manager sends the data selection specification
fully corresponding to the 5.X architecture as a list of five strings:
LIBNAME CELLNAME VIEWNAME FILENAME CATEGORY.  But I couldn't figure
out how to access this list.  It seems like it had the data I was
after (LIBNAME).  Any ideas out there?

Whisker

Bernd Fischer <bernd.fischer@xignal.de> wrote in message news:<408F7C56.9010103@xignal.de>...
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to use envSetVal within the libraries libInit.il
> files? This is just a guess and I either don't know if this
> is the right approach.
>
> Bernd

0
Reply whiskerville83-google (7) 4/28/2004 6:51:17 PM

Stephane,

I think you may have my solution.  I will follow your lead and see if
I can get it working.  Thank you and I'll post back how things turn
out.

Whisker

"S. Badel" <stephane.badel@epfl.ch> wrote in message news:<408f92ad$1@epflnews.epfl.ch>...
> this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
> code.
> maybe what you could do is register a trigger for analogArtist-schematic
> subview type.
>
> deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )
>
> tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but also
> when changing design inside artist.
0
Reply whiskerville83-google (7) 4/28/2004 6:55:01 PM

Stephane,

Here's what I have so far, but it's not working yet.  When I query
values in the CIW, the saveDir and projectDir read properly.  However,
when I open the forms that should be showing these variables, the
values are not correct.  It's as if a callback is not getting
triggered.  If I do a netlist or save a state, the incorrect values
are used.
In my ~/.cdsenv file I have these two lines:
asimenv saveDir string "./simulation/"
asimenv.startup projectDir string "./simulation/"
In my ~/.cdsinit file I have these two lines:
envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" )
envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" )
if( !deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger
   then
      printf("\nNo analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
registered.\nInstalling My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n\n")
      deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
   else
      hiGetAttention(50)
      printf("\nWARNING!: A analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
already registered as: %s\n"
deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger)
      printf("\nThis user trigger will be replaced by
My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n")
      deUnRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic")
      deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
      hiGetAttention(50)
)

procedure(  My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger( args "l")
   let( (My_debug libSimPath libStatePath)
      My_debug=t
;      My_debug=nil
      if(My_debug then println(args))
      libSimPath = strcat( envGetDefVal( "asimenv.startup"
"projectDir" ) args->libName )
      envSetVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" 'string libSimPath )
      printf("Set projectDir environment value to %s\n" libSimPath)
      ;
      libStatePath = strcat( libSimPath "/artist_states" )
      envSetVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" 'string libStatePath )
      printf("Set saveDir environment value to %s\n" libStatePath)
   ) ; end of let
) ; end of procedure

So close, but yet so far away... Any ideas?  All help is greatly
appreciated.

Whisker

whiskerville83-google@yahoo.com (Whisker) wrote in message news:<6941ff49.0404281055.6c9727ae@posting.google.com>...
> Stephane,
>
> I think you may have my solution.  I will follow your lead and see if
> I can get it working.  Thank you and I'll post back how things turn
> out.
>
> Whisker
>
> "S. Badel" <stephane.badel@epfl.ch> wrote in message news:<408f92ad$1@epflnews.epfl.ch>...
> > this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
> > code.
> > maybe what you could do is register a trigger for analogArtist-schematic
> > subview type.
> >
> > deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )
> >
> > tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but also
> > when changing design inside artist.
0
Reply whiskerville83-google (7) 4/28/2004 11:46:11 PM

yep, probably those variable are only read once. This is the
case with many tools, you cannot change environment options
procedurally once they are loaded.

for your problem have a look at the asi* and sev* functions,
described in Cadence Analog Environment SKILL Reference.

i found this one to set the .artist_states directory.
sevSetTopSaveDir()

you'll probably find what you need there.

st�phane

---------------------------------
> In my ~/.cdsenv file I have these two lines:
> asimenv saveDir string "./simulation/"
> asimenv.startup projectDir string "./simulation/"
---------------------------------
> In my ~/.cdsinit file I have these two lines:
> envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" )
> envSetVarDefaultToCurrVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" )
---------------------------------
> if( !deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger
>    then
>       printf("\nNo analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
> registered.\nInstalling My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n\n")
>       deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
> 'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
>    else
>       hiGetAttention(50)
>       printf("\nWARNING!: A analogArtist-schematic user trigger is
> already registered as: %s\n"
> deGetAppInfo("analogArtist-schematic")->userPostInstallTrigger)
>       printf("\nThis user trigger will be replaced by
> My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger.\n")
>       deUnRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic")
>       deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil
> 'My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger)
>       hiGetAttention(50)
> )
>
> procedure(  My_asimenv_defaults_appTrigger( args "l")
>    let( (My_debug libSimPath libStatePath)
>       My_debug=t
> ;      My_debug=nil
>       if(My_debug then println(args))
>       libSimPath = strcat( envGetDefVal( "asimenv.startup"
> "projectDir" ) args->libName )
>       envSetVal( "asimenv.startup" "projectDir" 'string libSimPath )
>       printf("Set projectDir environment value to %s\n" libSimPath)
>       ;
>       libStatePath = strcat( libSimPath "/artist_states" )
>       envSetVal( "asimenv" "saveDir" 'string libStatePath )
>       printf("Set saveDir environment value to %s\n" libStatePath)
>    ) ; end of let
> ) ; end of procedure
>
> So close, but yet so far away... Any ideas?  All help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Whisker
>
> whiskerville83-google@yahoo.com (Whisker) wrote in message
> > Stephane,
> >
> > I think you may have my solution.  I will follow your lead and see if
> > I can get it working.  Thank you and I'll post back how things turn
> > out.
> >
> > Whisker
> >
> > "S. Badel" <stephane.badel@epfl.ch> wrote in message
> > > this is a nice problem, hard to solve without having to hack artist's
> > > code.
> > > maybe what you could do is register a trigger for
analogArtist-schematic
> > > subview type.
> > >
> > > deRegUserTriggers( "analogArtist-schematic" nil nil 'myFunc )
> > >
> > > tried it, and it looks it is called whenever artist in invoked, but
also
> > > when changing design inside artist.

0
Reply stephane.badel (108) 4/29/2004 8:17:50 AM
comp.cad.cadence 5381 articles. 17 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I changed the library
Hi, I changed something in one of the libraries - it is DAQmx Write.vi&nbsp;(<a name="instance11" target="_blank">Digital 1D Wfm NChan 1Samp</a>) that is located in task.llb file. And unfortunatelly I saved the changes. Now I need to bring back the original version somehow. Do you know, if there's a change to discard changes and get original&nbsp;VI ? Or download original library ? What is more, I use german version of LabVIEW. &nbsp; best wishes OLO Uff, I wanted to&nbsp;fix it without reinstalling LabVIEW. I replaced the file&nbsp;...

OpenGL libraries changed?
I am getting link fails for some very basic OpenGL library methods, and I am unable to locate the libraries that contain these methods. Here are the errors: | % g++ <snip> -L/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries | /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols: | _glXCreateContext | _glXDestroyContext When I look in the OpenGL library directory, nm the .dylib files and grep for the methods, nothing shows up. | % cd /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries | % foreach i (*.dylib) | foreach? echo $i | foreach? nm $i | grep -i glXDestroyContext | foreach? end | l...

Changes to the string library
I have changed some things in the string library: 1) We had before #ifdef UNICODE #define Strcmp StrcmpW #else #define Strcmp StrcmpW #endif I changed all this and now we have overloaded versions of Strcmp both with StringW and StringA. This was done in all other functions that were defined this way. Rationale: Why complicate things with #defines? It is better to use the "overloaded" feature. 2) All string functions should start with Str... There were some functions that did not respect this rule and their name was changed. begin_string --> Strbegin next_string --> St...

What to change BLAS library?
What to change BLAS library?My procesor is Athlon 64, and system WindowsXP, Matlab 7. Assuming you are using 32-bit Windows. Try http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-18QUC.html?solution=1-18QUC "Branislav Milinic" <milinicb@cg.yu> wrote in message news:eef91a5.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > What to change BLAS library?My procesor is Athlon 64, and system > WindowsXP, Matlab 7. ...

Changing a Library Reference
Some months ago, we requested help from this newsgroup on how to replace the library reference of a database with another library reference, prior to creating an MDE. I got the following answer from Stephen K. Young, which does the job: >In message <ahjurk$t18vo$1@ID-65843.news.dfncis.de>, Stephen K. Young ><s@k.y.invalid> writes >Using automation you can temporarily replace a developer library reference >with a compiled library reference. Sample code below. Then continue with >automation to compile the .Mde as before. Afterwards you probably want to >use autom...

suggested changes for ruby libraries
These are all relative to version 1.8.1. Don't know if any of these (have been)|(will be) incorporated in later versions. String.delete() currently takes only a String for an argument (albeit with limited regex functionality such as ^ and c1-c2). It would be useful, and orthogonal, to take a Regexp as an argument too (orthogonal in that most of the other String methods involving the specification/identification/location of a string take both String and Regexp arguments). Same comment as above for Array.delete(). When String.index() is given a multi-character String argument, it currentl...

Changing a Library Reference #2
Some months ago, we requested help from this newsgroup on how to replace the library reference of a database with another library reference, prior to creating an MDE. I got the following answer from Stephen K. Young, which does the job: >In message <ahjurk$t18vo$1@ID-65843.news.dfncis.de>, Stephen K. Young ><s@k.y.invalid> writes >Using automation you can temporarily replace a developer library reference >with a compiled library reference. Sample code below. Then continue with >automation to compile the .Mde as before. Afterwards you probably want to >use autom...

how to change rights for *PUBLIC on all libraries ?
Hello, I want to change the rights (from *CHANGE to *USE) for *PUBLIC on all libraries on an AS/400 system (V5R2). GRTOBJAUT does not seem to be able to do that...May be I've missed something. Does someone know how to do this ? and is it a good idea to do it BTW ? thanks in advance for any help, Olivier. g...@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello, > > I want to change the rights (from *CHANGE to *USE) for *PUBLIC on all > libraries on an AS/400 system (V5R2). > GRTOBJAUT does not seem to be able to do that...May be I've missed > something. > Does someone know how to do this...

Changing Model Library in Cadence
I am currently using TSMC process and would like to switch to UMC process. What files should I change? cds.lib? Any other thing I need to pay attention? Also can I enable both processes at the same time so that I don't need to keep changing the files? Thanks I assume that you've got the whole TSMC and UMC kits. As for your last question i don't know any easy way to do this, because only one technology can be attached to your work library. Technology influence only layout and this is the reason you can't keep the same files for layout (it is due to layer's names and num...

Learner changing executable to library
My little app to scan World of Warcraft auction scans now works in that it generates useful tables in CSV format that the user can do wahtever they like with. I created it as a console application. If I want to put a File Selection GUI on it, the nicest way would be to change it to a library rather than start again. I think in Windows this means a dll. Is this possible? Its only 400 lines of code, a lot of which has "Learner" stamped all over it but learning to make a library is my next step. If there is a URL to how this works and what UI hsould read, please let me know. Than...

Is it possible to make a change in the library that is...
Is it possible to make a change in the library that is called in a subvi? (in this case the GetCoefficients in the Levemberg-Marguardt curve fit) Hi, I need to make a change in the way the new coefficients are calculated. It's the "get new coefficients.vi" in the nonlinear levenberg marquardt algorithm. A library is called, but the change must be made in that library. Is there any way to do this? I do understand C++ or similar language where the library might be programmed in, that's not the problem. with kind regards Hasse wiersma No, we do not have access to the source c...

Changing Libraries : Back-Up Strategy
Hi, Is there any way i can generate a report (from a query or whatever) that will let me see what libraries change on a daily basis? My reasoning behind this is to try and work out what libraries should be part of my daily back up (those that change daily) and what can be part of my full system back up (those that don't change often). Thanks Admin Rookie �crivait dans news:73bc9c63-8f6e-4207-a8dd- 3e0d8fbb7324@x10g2000yqj.googlegroups.com ce qui suit: > Hi, Hello > > Is there any way i can generate a report (from a query or whatever) > that will let me see what libraries...

Small changes in side library
Hi, all! May be this question have been already discussed, but I found nothing closer :-/ I have the side library which provides wide set of different functions, but I'm going to replace some of them with mine and provided such 'modified' library thought my project. The following way works well for my purpose: ------- mylib.py ------- import sidelib import os, sys, .... def func(): ..... sidelib.func = func ....... ?!?!?!?! -------------------------- But this cause to write mylib.sidelib.func() to function call, is it any way to 'map' definitions from sidelib to m...

change reference library of SOME cells
Hi, Someone has consolidated one of my libraries (libDesign) too much so now I have iopin, ipin, opin, gnd, vdd, in libDesign instead of analogLib and basic. How do I set all my cells in libDesign to point back to the proper i/opin, gnd, vdd, in basic and analogLib libraries (keeping everything else the way it is)?! There are thousands of vdd and gnd references in hundreds of different cells in libDesign! I've tried some SKILL scripts but I have very little experience at that. I can't figure out how to apply these changes to ALL my cells in libDesign. Can someone please help me out? ...

Changing object authority in a library...
I am looking for the command to change the authority from *EXCLUDE to *ALL on every object in a library at the same time. Thank you, Dana Dana Thurston wrote: > I am looking for the command to change the authority from *EXCLUDE to > *ALL on every object in a library at the same time. > Thank you, > Dana you can use a combination of the RVKOBJAUT and GRTOBJAUT commands. RVKOBJAUT OBJ(QGPL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*ALL) USER(QPGMR) AUT(*EXCLUDE) GRTOBJAUT OBJ(QGPL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*ALL) USER(QPGMR) AUT(*ALL) The problem with this approach is if the user was *EXCLUDED from half the objec...

FL Library successfully changed
Hey all, I've succeded in changing pane positioning priorities in fl library. Now the panes can be docked like vc.net way. Previous positioning priority was TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT, RIGHT, and i've changed it to TOP, LEFT, RIGHT, BOTTOM. I think that it should be implemented in fl lib that the programmer should decide how the frame layout should be, vc6 style or vc.net style. I was hoping that someone could get me an idea how to do this. I mean, how to easily implement it and not to mess up with wx programming rules & wx/fl lib philosophy. I'm running wx2.4.2 lib on win...

Matlab DLL/Librarie contents change
I (painfully) realized that the contents of Matlab DLLs and libraries, such as libmatlb,libmx,libmat,libmmfile change from version to version (in fact, from sub-release to sub-release). This makes it impossible to use static linking, and I guess that the only solution is to search, for each function I need, the Matlab DLL file in which it is among all the dll files in the matlab directory. This sounds crazy though. Has anybody encountered the same problem/has any better solution than the above/knows why Mathworks keep moving around all these functions? Thanks, Mauro P.S.: remove an...

How to change the path of work library in EG?
The default path of work library is disk C. However, I want to change the path to another disk. How to modify the setup in EG? http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts759.pdf HTH Patrick ...

change default work library location
I have 2 hard drives on my machine, and I want to save space on my C: drive and have SAS use my D: drive for its temporary WORK library datasets. I'm working with a large 8gb dataset that i'm trying to deduplicate records with. My pc will just run faster if this all temporarily goes on my D: drive instead. How can I do this? You can either manually edit the SAS configuration file which usually located under nl\en\SASV9.CFG. /* Setup the default SAS System user work folder */ -WORK "C:\Temporary SAS Files\" to "D:\Temporary SAS Files\" Or you c...

Change iTunes to load from library on server
Is there anyway to change the location from which iTunes loads the music library. From what I can see this is always \My Music\iTunes\. I have setup my laptop to point the iTunes music folder to a share on a network server. I then added songs to my laptop library from a share to the server. So when I check Get Info, the file location is the share on the server. The only thing I can't accomplish is synchronization. If I add a new song to my library from my server, I have to manually add it on my laptop. If iTunes on my laptop loaded using the library file from my server, then I think I cou...

change font on the layout library wise
I have a stdCell library that has on pin text and need to create pins. I have a skill script that will add the pins but it fails to complete because cells have "Fixed" font that overlap or at least thats what it looks like. If I change the font to "Stick" then the script runs. Fixing the text2pins script is an option but not sure how or why this is even an issue. The other is to change all of the pin text font. Does anyone have a library wide script? Thanks ...

Is a library able to change class of my object?
Hello, I have got a webrick server allowing two concurrent threads and using BDB::XML, a ruby interface to Berkeley DBXML. When some user presses two times very quickly the refresh button of his/her browser and generates two requests in very short time, following code puts Time.now.to_s + ' ' + xil.inspect + ' 1' xil.low_bound = ['a', XML::IndexLookup::GTE] sleep(1) xil.execute(nil, XML::LAZY_DOCS) puts Time.now.to_s + ' ' + xil.inspect + ' 2' (the sleep simulates that one xmllookupindex object is set and executed many times) produces this output ...

change data set name of a library
Hey guys, Does anyone know how to change data sets name under certain library? Thanks. Mindy On 6 Aug, 08:05, Mindy <master2005_...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hey guys, > > Does anyone know how to change data sets name under certain library? > Thanks. > > Mindy Look up the "proc datasets" documentation. Mindy, that's very unspecific! There are hundreds of possibilities, depending on what you mean: - you can do it with SAS online, go to the dir window and use the line- command R - you can use a data-step with the new name and after that delete the old one. ...

change library name of vias in layout
Hi there, i've taken a layout from one process to another almost identical one. They are so similar i can take the layout and search and replace the library of the pCells and its almost DRC clean. Is there an easy way to re-reference the library name of the symbolic contacts/vias? I have almost zero skill knowledge but i did crudely try: w = hiGetCurrentWindow() cv = geGetWindowCellView(w) cv~>instances~>libName="stu_new_process" but this returned: *Error* setSGq: dbSetq: Can not set attribute - libName I think that libName is the correct attribute as when i do: cv~...