Error while running cadence!

Dear all,

I had very little idea about the setup and configuration of cadence in
Linux. I was successfully running cadence using "./ace51" command.

But, today I got an error which says:

../ace51: line 694: /setup/GetENV: No such file or directory
 Hercules path          :  /bin/

  **ACE51 Install Error** No ace50 generic release in
   --> /software/designPackages/designPackages/cmos9/current/tools/ace/
public/generic_50.lnx/release

  ** Please contact Support Hotline (408) 721-5122 for ACE51 Install
Error **

     - ACE Environment Group

Do anybody have any idea why it is throwing error. Certainly there are
some alteration in the configuration, because previously it was
running fine; but I am unable to catch the loophole. Please help me
out.

Regards
Samiran
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

On May 26, 7:37=A0am, Samiran <samiran....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I had very little idea about the setup and configuration of cadence in
> Linux. I was successfully running cadence using "./ace51" command.
>
> But, today I got an error which says:

> ./ace51: line 694: /setup/GetENV: No such file or directory
> =A0Hercules path =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0: =A0/bin/
>
> =A0 **ACE51 Install Error** No ace50 generic release in
> =A0 =A0--> /software/designPackages/designPackages/cmos9/current/tools/ac=
e/
> public/generic_50.lnx/release

> =A0 ** Please contact Support Hotline (408) 721-5122 for ACE51 Install
> Error **
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0- ACE Environment Group
>
> Do anybody have any idea why it is throwing error. Certainly there are
> some alteration in the configuration, because previously it was
> running fine; but I am unable to catch the loophole. Please help me
> out.
>
> Regards
> Samiran

HI Samiran - looks like some paths changed,  try opening a new window
then bring up ace.
Also do a     which ace50

Rick
0
ejm20 (102)
5/26/2010 4:07:49 PM
rick wrote, on 05/26/10 17:07:
> On May 26, 7:37 am, Samiran<samiran....@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I had very little idea about the setup and configuration of cadence in
>> Linux. I was successfully running cadence using "./ace51" command.
>>
>> But, today I got an error which says:
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ./ace51: line 694: /setup/GetENV: No such file or directory
>>   Hercules path          :  /bin/
>>
>>    **ACE51 Install Error** No ace50 generic release in
>>     -->  /software/designPackages/designPackages/cmos9/current/tools/ace/
>> public/generic_50.lnx/release

>>    ** Please contact Support Hotline (408) 721-5122 for ACE51 Install
>> Error **
>>
>>       - ACE Environment Group
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Do anybody have any idea why it is throwing error. Certainly there are
>> some alteration in the configuration, because previously it was
>> running fine; but I am unable to catch the loophole. Please help me
>> out.
>>
>> Regards
>> Samiran
>
> HI Samiran - looks like some paths changed,  try opening a new window
> then bring up ace.
> Also do a     which ace50
>
> Rick

Note that this is really nothing to do with Cadence as such. ACE is some wrapper
around Cadence provided by a particular foundry (whoever is providing this cmos9
process).

Perhaps you should contact their Support Hotline (since they give you a phone
number to call in the error mesage?)

Regards,

Andrew.

0
andrewb1899 (1995)

Cadence LVS error
Hi, I am getting an error while running the LVS in Cadence. The error message says: The inv schematic has changed after it was last extracted. si: the netlist did not complete successfully. I had completed a sucessful LVS check on this schematic some time ago. No suddenly I see this error. I have not modified any schematics/ layout/ extracted layout. This error is not limited to onr schematic but all the schematics present in my library. I am not sure how to resolve this issue. Can someone please hyelp me find solution for this problem? Any help is really appreciated. Thank you, Pallavi On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, pallavi wrote: > I am getting an error while running the LVS in Cadence. The error > message says: The inv schematic has changed after it was last > extracted. si: the netlist did not complete successfully. The only times I have seen that, the "solution" is to open the schematic and do a "check and save" on it. Further in your post, you mention that you made no schematic edits, so I have no idea why the schematics would suddenly need to have this done again. Did you by chance replace, or rename a reference library? I would recomend trying to run LVS on a very small simple schematic, and see if the "check and save" works... If it does, then I have no idea what would have caused your entire library to mess up like that. On Oct 5, 11:51 am, The Master <tar...@nospam.sdf.lonestar.org.nospam> wrote: > On Fri, 5...

error in cadence simulation
Dear all, I was trying to run a simple simulation in cadence Spectre. I got the following error. Any idea what it could mean?. /*********************** *Error* Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log has not been generated. Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for the version of the simulator specified in the userCmdLineOption field are supported for the simulator. Alternatively, run the simulator standalone using the runSimulation file in the netlist directory to know the exact cause of the error. /*********************** Since I'm new to schematic, I'm not sure about the error. I also tried running the netlist as said in the error message, but it didn't work(I tried simulating both 'input.scs' and 'runSimualtion' file ). /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools/bin/spectre: line 180: 8906 Killed /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools.lnx86/ spectre/bin/spectre input.scs Thanks and regards, Lokesh ...

Cadence Spectre Error
Hi all, I am in the middle of a tapeout and suddenly spectre simulator is not running anymore. When I try to open the Analysis window in the Analog Design Environment, it gives me the following error: ************************************************* sevEditSelectedAnas('sevsession1) * Field is "pac_special" * *Error* hiCreateCyclicField: Value must be a string or icon list ERROR ************************************************* The Analysis window simply doesnot show up. From what I could gather fiddling around with ADE, this is specifically a Spectre problem because when I change the simulator to HSPICE and try to set the analyses, the Analysis window pops open. The tapeout date is near. Please help!! Thank you so much. Regards, SP ...

cadence
Hey, guys! I have two questions: 1) how to convert the cadence technology file .tf to L-Edit tdb file? 2) how to make an array of opening in one layer in Virtuoso? Thanks! For 2) the simplest way is to create a cell that has the "opening in one layer" and then place an array of this cell in your cell. Thanks! I finally also found this way vdvalk@rogers.com wrote: > For 2) the simplest way is to create a cell that has the "opening in > one layer" and then place an array of this cell in your cell. Tanner L-Edit may import a .tf file and save it in .db format. Some features need to be checked manually. ============== Kholdoun TORKI http://cmp.imag.fr ============== Virtuoso wrote: > Hey, guys! I have two questions: > > 1) how to convert the cadence technology > file .tf to L-Edit tdb file? > 2) how to make an array of opening in one layer in Virtuoso? > > Thanks! > ...

ERROR cadence comand not found
Hi All, I have a problem with the installation of the XFAB Design Kit. I I configured the environment variables and could make the Virtuoso work, but when I try to run tkit appears the following error message: ERROR Cadence executable not found! perhaps it is a mistake in. bashrc. Here it is: export T_DIR=/root/GAMA/Projetos/Desig_kit export CADENCE=/root/cadence/installs export CDS_ROOT=$CADENCE/IC610 export MMSIM=$CADENCE/MMSIM101 export ASSURAHOME=$CADENCE/ASSURA41 export CDSHOME=$CDS_ROOT export CDSDIR=$CDSHOME export CDS_INSTALL_DIR=$CDS_ROOT/tools/dfII/bin export OA_HOME=$CADENCE/IC610/share/oa export PATH=$CDS_INSTALL_D/bin:$PATH export PATH=$MMSIM/tools/bin:$MMSIM/tools/spectre/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INTALL_DIR/bin$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/plot/bin:$PATH export SUBSTRATESTRMHOME=$ASSURAHOME export PATH=$T_DIR/cadence/env/bin:$PATH export PATH=$PATH:$ASSURAHOME/bin:$ASSURAHOME/tools/bin:$ASSURAHOME/tools/assura/bin Thanking you, Yours sincerely, Dionatas...

Cadence CAD tools on OpenSolaris
Hello, I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10) suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version. It seems that all the installation and configuration process using Installscape are finished without problem, but I encounter an error message like the following when I try to launch virtuoso design environment. virtuoso: ERROR: The command /tools/cadence/IC610/share/oa/bin/ sysname returned an error status: unknown virtuoso: INFO: Note that OpenAccess (OA) requires running the Configure phase. virtuoso: See the "OpenAccess Installation and Configuration Guide" before virtuoso: you complete the configuration step. This manual is included with virtuoso: the Cadence product documentation. [1] Exit 1 virtuoso First of all, can I run IC610 on OpenSolaris machine? Is IC610 Solaris10 (x86) version compatible with OpenSolaris? I tried this way since OpenSolaris is mostly compatible with Solaris 10, so I wanted to give it a shot. If they are compatible, does anyone have any suggestion to solve this error? Thank you in advance. Bluebook wrote, on 08/12/10 00:40: > Hello, > > I am trying to install Cadence IC610 (IC-614 06.14.506 Solaris 10) > suite on OpenSolaris 2009.6 version. > > It seems that all the installation and configuration process using > Installscape are finished without problem, > but I encounter an error message like the following when...

Solve the DRC error in Cadence???
Hi, I already solved all the DRC errors in my design. But the method to solve the following problem seems stupid. > \o 1 Label/Pin "A" is causing two nets to > have the same name. > \o 1 Label/Pin "D" is causing two nets to > have the same name. > \o 3 Label/Pin "Q" is causing two nets to > have the same name. > \o 5 Label/Pin "gnd!" is causing two nets > to have the same name. > \o 13 Label/Pin is on a net with a different > name The reason for these problems is, I use standard cells and every standard cell has the same the input pin name and output pin name. In my design I don't want to connect them each other. I delete them one by one. Is there any better way to delete them? Thanks, Adrian Pins are only collected from the top level cell. Diva does not go down into the hierarchy looking for pins. Did you flatten the standard cells? If you did, you should not have told the flatten command to include the pins. All you can do is remove the pins by hand since Diva has to believe you wanted them there if you put them there. Use the search form. I think it is in the Edit menu. On 5 Aug 2004 15:15:28 -0700, yxl4444@louisiana.edu (Lee) wrote: >Hi, > >I already solved all the DRC errors in my design. But the method to >solve the following problem seems stupid. > >> \o 1 Label/Pin "A" is causing two nets to &...

Cadence, Structure Compiler error
Gentlemen, Can some help with the following problem: After finishing my layout design (performing all verification), I am trying to run Structure Compiler for some regular structure generation, however running StructComp->DrawPlane command produce this error: *Error* eval: undefined function - scGetCanRunUI; When I try to run scDrawPlane(...) straight from icfb - I get "undefined function" error. I am working in cadence 5.10.41, hit-kit 3.7. I can guess it has to do with cadence setup, but not quite sure how to fix it. Please advise. Thank you. -- Alex On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:38:15 +0100, Alex <al.lopich@gmail.com> wrote: >Gentlemen, > >Can some help with the following problem: > >After finishing my layout design (performing all verification), I am >trying to run Structure Compiler >for some regular structure generation, however running >StructComp->DrawPlane command produce this error: >*Error* eval: undefined function - scGetCanRunUI; > >When I try to run scDrawPlane(...) straight from icfb - I get "undefined >function" error. > >I am working in cadence 5.10.41, hit-kit 3.7. > >I can guess it has to do with cadence setup, but not quite sure how to fix >it. > >Please advise. Thank you. Structure Compiler has been end-of-lifed for some time. Some of the functions got removed in IC5141 - but unfortunately not all of them, leading to this confusion... Andrew. -- A...

Running Cadence with dual monitors
I am trying to run Cadence using two monitors, but I am having difficulty making it work because all Cadence Popup Menus/Messages appear in the center of the two screens. I would like to continue to use only a single Exceed Session, but I need to find a way to control the location of these Popups. Does anyone have a Skill Routine that can do this? thanks in advance, Roland.Fontaine@gmail.com wrote: > I am trying to run Cadence using two monitors, but I am having > difficulty making it work because all Cadence Popup Menus/Messages > appear in the center of the two screens. I would like to continue to > use only a single Exceed Session, but I need to find a way to control > the location of these Popups. Does anyone have a Skill Routine that > can do this? > > thanks in advance, > Roland, SKILL or cdsenv is not really the right place for this. The window manager (CDE, gnome, KDE, enlightenment, ...) configuration is a better option. Using linux? Xinerama? KDE? Gnome? What are your multi-head settings? -- Svenn I'm running linux using Hummingbird Exceed 9.0, my ideal setup would allow me to spread one Cadence session between both monitors, allowing my schematic to be on the left and Layout on the right side, allowing me to use Virtuoso XL. The one problem with this setup is that all Cadence popup windows appear in the center of the two screens, so I'm looking for a way to control these, and place them in the center of one of my mo...

error in cadence simulation #2
Dear all, I was trying to run a simple simulation in cadence Spectre. I got the following error. Any idea what it could mean?. /*********************** *Error* Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log has not been generated. Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for the version of the simulator specified in the userCmdLineOption field are supported for the simulator. Alternatively, run the simulator standalone using the runSimulation file in the netlist directory to know the exact cause of the error. /*********************** Since I'm new to schematic, I'm not sure about the error. I also tried running the netlist as said in the error message, but it didn't work(I tried simulating both 'input.scs' and 'runSimualtion' file ). The following is the error message i got when i tried to run the simulation in the netlist directory /************************** /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools/bin/spectre: line 180: 8906 Killed /cad/tools/cadencetools/mmsim_6_1/tools.lnx86/ spectre/bin/spectre input.scs Thanks and regards, Lokesh lokesh wrote, on 03/26/10 11:36: > Dear all, > I was trying to run a simple simulation in cadence Spectre. I got the > following error. Any idea what it could mean?. > /*********************** > *Error* Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log > has not been generated. > Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for t...

Cadence RF Spectre --Bus Error
Hi all, I am getting some "Bus error" while simulating my RF circuit. Basically I am doing PSS analysis followed by PAC(some sideband error is also there with PAC, "Sidebands limit reached"). The exact format of the error is given below: Error found by spectre during PAC analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac', during sweep analysis 'sweeppss' Too many Sidebands requested. You requested 301, the limit is 250 Analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac' terminated prematurely due to error modelParameter: writing model parameter values to rawfile. element: writing instance paramenter values to rawfile. Internal error found in spectre during info 'element'. Please run 'getSpectreFiles' or send the netlist, the spectre log file, the behavioral model files, and any other information that can help identify the problem to support@cadence.com Bus Error On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 09:08:39 -0400, ankjain wrote: > Hi all, > I am getting some "Bus error" while simulating my RF circuit. > Basically I am doing PSS analysis followed by PAC(some sideband error is > also there with PAC, "Sidebands limit reached"). The exact format of the > error is given below: > > Error found by spectre during PAC analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac', during > sweep analysis 'sweeppss' > > Too many Sidebands requested. You requested 301, the limit is 250 > > Analysis 'sweeppss-004_pac' terminate...

how to run VHDL-AMS Simulation in Cadence
Hi, I would like to simulate a schematic/layout generated in Cadence using VHDL-AMS models. How do I set this up using IC5.0/LDV5.0 and how do I run simulations? Also, how can I run the simulations from the command line as in Spectre or VerilogAMS? Thanks in advance, Peter Wilson Have you read the documentation on AMS Designer? There is a tutorial included as well (may not use VHDL-AMS, but Verilog-AMS, but you should be able to get the point). Andrew. On 27 Jul 2004 18:43:30 -0700, prw@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Peter Wilson) wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to simulate a schematic/layout generated in Cadence using >VHDL-AMS models. How do I set this up using IC5.0/LDV5.0 and how do I >run simulations? > >Also, how can I run the simulations from the command line as in >Spectre or VerilogAMS? > >Thanks in advance, >Peter Wilson -- Andrew Beckett Senior Technical Leader Custom IC Solutions Cadence Design Systems Ltd Yes, I have read the docs, obviously they are aimed at Verilog-A(MS), but there is no detail for VHDL-AMS. I can see the general principles, but getting , for example, the -AMS option in ncvhdl is not clear in either the documentation or the GUI (it works fine at the command line). All I need now is an example of how to set up a resistor, say, and then netlist a schematic containing VHDL-AMS elements targetted to ncvhdl, with the AMS options. Then I can extend this to pretty much any block. I have figured out the simulator (including o...

Cadence Virtuoso DRC check error
We are UG students, presenly working with Cadence Virtuoso. After creating a simple layout of an inverter, these are a few of the errors which appeared in the log file when we tried running Assura DRC check using NCSU_TechLib_ami06/divaDRC.rul. error: Illegal input layer 'geomGetEdge(geomAndNot(elec geomButting(elec elecHighres)))' found in drc(). error: Illegal input layer 'active' found in geomAnd(). error: Undefined layer - elecHighresEdge. Errors exist in the rules file '/home/chiptapeout/cadence/ncsu-cdk-1.5.1/lib/NCSU_TechLib_ami06/ divaDRC.rul'. *WARNING* Failed to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run. Assura DRC: State loaded "Last" Could anyone please help us out? On Jun 5, 7:50=A0am, avi <Avinash2...@gmail.com> wrote: > We are UG students, presenly working with Cadence Virtuoso. After > creating a simple layout of an inverter, these are a few of the errors > which appeared in the log file when we tried running Assura DRC check > using NCSU_TechLib_ami06/divaDRC.rul. > > error: =A0Illegal input layer 'geomGetEdge(geomAndNot(elec > geomButting(elec elecHighres)))' found in drc(). > error: =A0Illegal input layer 'active' found in geomAnd(). > error: =A0Undefined layer - elecHighresEdge. > Errors exist in the rules file > '/home/chiptapeout/cadence/ncsu-cdk-1.5.1/lib/NCSU_TechLib_ami06/ > divaDRC.rul'. > *WARNING* Failed to build VDB. Cannot submit DRC Run. > Assu...

error in cadence mixed-signal simulation
Hi I am getting an error message "*Error* length: argument must be a list or an array - "("\"Y\" \"A\" \"B\" \"VDD\" \"VSS\" \"VBULK\")" when i run the spectreSverilog simulator for mixed signal design. does anyone have any ideas as to the origin of this error? ... and what i can do to fix it? thanks, mekhail ...

Broken pipe error while using CADENCE
Hi, I am using cadence.2002a 4.4.6 release on a Solaris Release 5.8. while designing using the virtuso layout editor, If I zoom in to a very close scale and try to zoom out, the system crashes with errno 32 (broken pipe) and goes to the log in prompt. The last few entries in the CDSlog file was as follows: \a mouseAddPt() \i 2447.9:1229.8 \r t \a geSingleSelectBox() \i 642.9:1470.5 \p > \a addPoint(hiGetCommandPoint()) \i 1535.4:758.5 \r t \r nil \a hiZoomIn() \i 753.2:1590.8 \p > \a addPoint(hiGetCommandPoint()) \i 1395:768.5 \r t \r t \e IO Error on Display :0.0, errno = 32 \o (ddserv) library manager exited with status: -111 \o (ddserv) library browser exited with status: -111 Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Avinash See sourcelink solution 11084654: X-Server crashes while doing a drag or zoom operation in Layout or Schematic *Error Message: IO Error on Display :0.0, errno = 32 *Problem Statement: I'm using IC software on Solaris 8. When I Zoom In or Out in a big Layout or Schematic, the XServer crashes. I see the Error Message mentioned above. The problem appears during Drag operation as well. The problem appears with IC443 as well as IC446. checkSysConf reports no problem related to OS patches. How can I solve this issue? *Solution: This is an OS specific issue. Installing the following patch should solve your problem: 108652-65(Xsun patch) If you are using M64 Graphics card, also install following patch: 1...

Different Results between Unix Cadence 4.46 and Linux Cadence 5.032
Hi All, I encountered something frustrated. I am using both Unix Cadece 4.46 and Linux Cadence 5.032. Even for the same design kit, I found that the results given by them are different! I found that there are about 1~2 dB difference in S-parameters simulation. Also, the curve shift! Have anyone experienced the same problem? Ntfs Ntfs: We did see different noise results between 446 and 50. It turned out to be the addition of the wdexp and ldexp resistor parameters. When we set them to 1 we get the same results in 50 as 446. --- Erik "Ntfs" <ntfs@hkem.com> wrote in message news:<c0bpt5$g4n$1@news1.ucsd.edu>... > Hi All, > > I encountered something frustrated. I am using both Unix Cadece 4.46 and > Linux > Cadence 5.032. Even for the same design kit, I found that the results given > by them > are different! I found that there are about 1~2 dB difference in > S-parameters simulation. > Also, the curve shift! Have anyone experienced the same problem? > > > Ntfs ...

Problem in running shell command in Cadence??
Hi, I need to call some commands from shell (using bash), i tried using system("command"), sh("command"). The first should print the shell output (e.g. system("date") should print the day date, and return 0), that doesn't happen! It only returns 0 and no output is printed!! What is the problem I do probably have? Thanks and regards, Ahmad In article <35a72d9e-8af5-4e70-bbbb-13208298e836@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> Reotaro Hashemoto <ahmad.abdulghany@gmail.com> writes: >Hi, > >I need to call some commands from shell (using bash), i tried using >system("command"), sh("command"). The first should print the shell >output (e.g. system("date") should print the day date, and return 0), >that doesn't happen! It only returns 0 and no output is printed!! > >What is the problem I do probably have? Where are you looking for the output? It will output to the terminal window from which you started DFII, not to the CIW. -Pete Zakel (phz@seeheader.nospam) "Now and then, an innocent man is sent to the Legislature." Oh! Thanks for the hint :-) But what if I need to save or process over the output of the system call? Then what should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks and regards, Ahmad On Jul 1, 10:17=A0pm, px...@cadence.com (Pete nospam Zakel) wrote: > In article <35a72d9e-8af5-4e70-bbbb-13208298e...@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.= com> Reotaro Hashemoto <ahmad.abdu...

Error (OSSHNL-116) cadence netlist
Hello, Iam trying to design and simulate cmos Op-amp. I have done DRC,LVS and QRC without any error here is a screenshot: DRC: http://i44.tinypic.com/2428jkk.png Note: there are some warnings however my professor asked us to ignore these errors. LVS: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting QRC: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Schematic Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting and Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting When i try to generate Netlist I am getting these errors There is no avD24_1 in my schematic. ERROR (OSSHNL-116): Unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list, 'spectre av_extracted', for the instance 'avD24_1' in cell 'op-amp'. Either add one of these views to the library 'PRIMLIB', cell 'nfetdiode' or modify the view list to contain an existing view. End netlisting Jan 24 15:11:01 2012 ERROR (OSSHNL-514): Netlisting failed due to errors reported before. Netlist may be corrupt or may not be produced at all. Fix reported errors and netlist again. ...unsuccessful. Is that a problem with the schematic or layout that I need to modify. Regards Zubair. On Tue...

Error in Cadence -- Insufficient memory to continue!!!! How to resolve?
Hi, I was importing an EDIF file to Cadence from GUI (File> Import> EDIF 200), and the process failed, the log file contains: Insufficient memory to continue. Cannot satisfy request for 4294842368 more bytes of memory. Terminating process. What is that error? How to resolve? I don't have that huge amount of memory of course!!!!! Please help, Thanks, Ahmad Hi Ahmad, Can please tell us: 1. What is your cds version : UNIX> icfb -V or UNIX> icfb -W 2. What is your hardware/software: UNIX> uname -a, uname -s .... This would be helpful for a primary diagnostic ... Cheers, Riad. Reotaro Hashemoto wrote, on 07/14/08 18:13: > Hi, > > I was importing an EDIF file to Cadence from GUI (File> Import> EDIF > 200), and the process failed, the log file contains: > > Insufficient memory to continue. > Cannot satisfy request for 4294842368 more bytes of memory. > Terminating process. > > What is that error? How to resolve? I don't have that huge amount of > memory of course!!!!! > > Please help, > Thanks, > Ahmad Ahmad, How big is the EDIF file? That's asking for over 4G of memory! If it really needs that amount of memory, you'd have to be running in 64 bit mode, but I don't believe the EDIF interface can be run in 64 bit mode. Regards, Andrew. Thank you. * CDS version: Sub-version: 5.10.41.500.2.24 * OS: Linux - Kernel - 2.6.9-55 - 64-bit (x86_64) * RAM/Swap size: (Shell: top) Mem: ...

Singular Matrix Errors in Cadence Spectre NCSIM
Hi Could you please help me out in debugging the analog Errors while simulating a VHDLAMS transistor level designs. The error from spectre looks like: "Error found by spectre during DC solution estimation, during IC analysis, during transient analysis `amsAnalysis'. Matrix is singular (detected at `tb_output' and `uInv.A1.irn'). ncsim:*E, RNALER: simulation terminated due to analog error" I have no clue how to debug the Problem Thanks in advance. your help is awaited. --Srinivas ...

Is C-shell is mandatory for running Cadence tools?
Hi all! Years ago, when I was introduced to Cadence, I was told that the C- shell was the "de facto" shell to be used for running its various tools. Now, after years of using this shell as my default shell in all machines in which I work, I am wondering if there is really the necessity to use this particular shell for running the Cadence tools at all, or if I could use any other one as well. My main motivation is that every now and then I find it necessary to create shell scripts for tasks that have nothing to do with Cadence, and I think that it would be more efficient to use a more recent shell for these programming tasks, like, for instance, the bash shell. Moreover, it seems that everywhere on the internet people advise against the use of the c-shell, and some even anticipate its deprecation in future linux releases! So, would it be perfectly possible to use, for instance, the bash shell for running Cadence tools? After all, from the Cadence point of view, isn't it all about defining the right environment variables? Thanks in advance for any comments/ideas! Cheers, Jorge ...

Minimum system requirements to run cadence software
What is the minimum system configuration to run cadence software. I planned to get T3500 DELL workstation any suggestion ...

"Edge not on Grid" Cadence DRC Error
Hi, I have been using Cadence for quite soemtime now but have been stumped by this error which says "Edge not on Grid". I am using technology data provided by my foundry. Please help me correct this error. Thanking You, Prashanth > I have been using Cadence for quite soemtime now but have been stumped > by this error which says "Edge not on Grid". I am using technology data > provided by my foundry. Each technology has a minimum grid all shapes have to be aligned on. You can usually get this value by typing : techGetMfgGridResolution( techGetTechFile( ddGetObj( "TECH_LIB" ) ) ) or techGetMfgGridResolution( techGetTechFile( geGetEditCellView() ) ) if you have an open cellview. Your layout has to comply with this. If you did a lot of layout without observing this rule, you might be in trouble, as it can be a tedious job to correct all offgrid errors. to avoid having such errors, a simple security is to set the layout snap grid to a multiple of the manufacturing (minimum) grid, so no point will end offgrid. st�phane On Wed, 18 May 2005 14:18:40 +0200, "S. Badel" <stephane.badel@REMOVETHISepfl.ch> wrote: >> I have been using Cadence for quite soemtime now but have been stumped >> by this error which says "Edge not on Grid". I am using technology data >> provided by my foundry. > >Each technology has a minimum grid all shapes have to be aligned on. > >You can usually get ...

Cannot run Verilog XL in cadence 6.1.5
Hi all, I want to run Verilog-XL in cadence virtuoso 6.1.5. From a online tutorial, it shows me that selecting Tools->Simulation->Verilog-XL can invoke the "setup environment" window, but I can't find the Verilog-XL option at all according to those steps. Could you pls give me some suggestions about running Verilog-XL in Cadence 6.1.5? Thank you so much, Best regards, Iris ...

Web resources about - Error while running cadence! - comp.cad.cadence

Drum cadence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... article is about marching hit patterns. For general hit patterns, see Drum beat . For single hits, see Drum stroke . In music , a drum cadence ...

Cadence - 6 MILLION views! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
AMAZING! 6 Million views on Cadence's rescue video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jdyP1R0es8&list=UUdu8QrpJd6r... Please click over, and see that ...

Saving Cadence - an abused Pit Bull shows us the power of second chances. Please share. - YouTube
Please make a small donation and help us save more lives: http://www.HopeForPaws.org For my friends in Germany, please watch the video here: ...

CDM - CADENCE CAPITAL LIMITED - Quotes Summary
JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

CDM - CADENCE CAPITAL LIMITED - Quotes Dividends
JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript to use My News, My Clippings, My Comments and user settings.

Read outdoors: Listening to the cadence of bird calls
I suggest reading today’s paper outdoors, if you can stand the noise. The trickle of returning migrants becomes a torrent right about now, and ...

CDNS Stock Price & News - Cadence Design Systems Inc. - Barron's
View the latest CDNS stock price with Barron's. Including historical share prices, analysis, earnings, cash flow and market valuation for Cadence ...

Cadence Drops 20%: Q4 EPS In Line; But Guidance Whiffs
Cadence Design Systems (CDNS) shares are plunging this afternoon on a shockingly weak outlook for the first quarter and all of 2008. The company ...

cdns Stock Price Today - Cadence Design Systems Inc. Stock Quote - Barrons.com
Real-time prices for U.S.-listed stocks, including premarket and after hours, reflect trading through Nasdaq only. Comprehensive quotes reflect ...

Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNS) Trading Ideas
Benzinga Benzinga Pro Marketfy Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS Free Streaming News Membership is Free What are you waiting for? Sign up ...