parallel process

How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ?
0
eagle2643 (3)
4/1/2004 8:53:06 AM
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 8 followers. Post Follow

one way i can see is to launch several external processes
using interprocess communication (ipc)

S. Badel wrote:

> one way i can see is to launch several external processes
> using interprocess communication (ipc)
>
>>How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ?

My situation:
  I've got program GUI on SKILL, it starts external program
  /  sh("./program &")  /.
  External program is calculating and GUI must at the same time output
intermediate data to window from external program (it's clear) AND GUI
must respond to user actions (stop program, pause, exit, e.t.c)
0
eagle2643 (3)
4/1/2004 12:40:38 PM
you probably can do this with IPC like this :

instead of launching your program with sh, lauch it with ipcBeginProcess.
you can define skill callback functions to synchronously process output
from the program. then, execution can continue normally and callbacks
will be called whenever data is available.

procedure( launchProcess()
 process = ipcBeginProcess( "command" nil "myDataHandler" "myErrHandler"
"myPostExecFunction" )
) ; procedure

procedure( myDataHandler( childId data )
 printf( "program outputted %s\n" data )
) ; myDataHandler

procedure( myErrorHandler( childId data )
 printf( "program error : %s\n" data )
) ; myErrorHandler

procedure( myPostExecFunction( childId status)
 printf( "program terminated with status %d\n" status )
) ; myPostExecFunction

S. Badel wrote:

> you probably can do this with IPC like this :
>
> instead of launching your program with sh, lauch it with ipcBeginProcess.
> you can define skill callback functions to synchronously process output
> from the program. then, execution can continue normally and callbacks
> will be called whenever data is available.
>
> procedure( launchProcess()
>  process = ipcBeginProcess( "command" nil "myDataHandler" "myErrHandler"
> "myPostExecFunction" )
> ) ; procedure
>
> procedure( myDataHandler( childId data )
>  printf( "program outputted %s\n" data )
> ) ; myDataHandler
>
> procedure( myErrorHandler( childId data )
>  printf( "program error : %s\n" data )
> ) ; myErrorHandler
>
> procedure( myPostExecFunction( childId status)
>  printf( "program terminated with status %d\n" status )
> ) ; myPostExecFunction

Thank you VERY much !!!! ;)))
0
eagle2643 (3)
4/1/2004 4:45:31 PM
Andrey Orlenko <eagle@ukr.net> wrote in message news:<c4gldj$2mf2$1@news.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>...
> How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ?

Hi

it is not possible to start several SKILL calculations parallel, but
what you can do, is to start several ipcProcesses outside of cadence.
You can communicate synchronous or asynchronous with a chip process.

These are the main functions you need.

ipcBeginProcess()
ipcReadProzess()
ipcWriteProcess()
ipcKillProcess()

CU

Arnold

[ANN] parallel 1.3: simple parallel processing.
Version 1.3 of ssh_parallel and parallel have been released. This release features much better error handling in ssh_parallel, so network errors are less likely to cause jobs to go missing. Additionally, it allows you to specify a nice level for processes. Same as the last time, I'm interested in any comments/critiques anyone may have. Original release notes (with updated URLs): If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | pipieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform ...

Parallel processing
Hello, I am running version 7.01 on a quad core CPU. I am doing some heavy calculations but was too lazy to use any special commands for parallelization. However, to my surprise, when I check the performance I see that all 4 kernels a busy calculating. Does anybody have any info about this automatic parallelization of Mathematica? Daniel As far as I know, Mathematica does not paralellize unless you explicitedly tell it to. Did you see 4 Mathematica kernels running or just 4 cores being busy with unknown processes? Cheers -- SjoerdOn May 28, 12:50 pm, dh <...

parallel processing
HI, I have a tricky problem about parallel processing using JavaScript. a script makes use of classes. 2 objects A and B are created at intialisation. The two objects make use of the same function foo(). at runtime, the action: A.foo(); B.foo(); is executed. I noticed that in any browser, the result will be that the browser executes the function foo() related to A. Then stop and execute the function foo() related to B. This leave A unfinished. Is there a possiblity to have the function called by A running at the same time than B's one? I mean having two instance of the function running ...

Parallel processing
Hello, I'm trying to implement a parallel process, and I'm not sure how to set it up and I was wondering if someone could help me please? My code resembles, for i=1:N % N approx = 10^6 x_new = my_func(x_old) A(:,i) = x_new; x_old = x_new; end where x_old and x_new are Mx1 vectors and A is a MxN matrix. From one iteration to the next, the only dependence is x_new(i) on x_old(i). I'd like to parallelise this by splitting the elements of x_new and x_old across more than one core. Is there a way I can, say, matlabpool open 5 <use core's ...

Parallel processes
Is there any good reason to have two almost similar processes, with almost similar sensitivity list? I have a problem with a size of the design. I'm using Lattice LC4128V and currently the design is using 130/128 logic functions. In on vhdl block there is two processes almost similar, like shown below. I got the code from the other designer and I'm just starting with VHDL, so I ask for your help. Can I save in logic elements by combining these two processes and does it affect the functionality or timing in some way? architecture ltr of dio_write is signal IO_WRITE_tmp : std_logic; ...

parallel processing
Hi, I'm not quite sure what 'feature' i'm looking for ... any input appreciated. I want to parallelize a particular task. #/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my @target; our @result; for (my $i = 0; $i < @target; $i++) { $result[$i] = &do_some_work($target[$i]); } &report_results; .... &do_some_work requires a minute or so to complete. @target contains several hundred elements. Therefore, total execution time runs in the hundreds of minutes. Also, @target is not ordered ... e.g. there are no dependencies within @target ... if &do_some_work finishes proce...

Parallel Computing and "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
while using parfor loop, I get "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." error generated from an executable function embedded in the parfor loop. The function opens a file "tmp.key" and writes an image file "tmp.pgm" into "tmp.key" file. However, it seems that when this parfor loop runs on parallel processors, the processors are unable to access this "tmp.key" at the same time, and hence, the error is generated. First of all, is my assesment correct? secondly, how to resolve this issue and use parfor loop successfully. Any help is greatly appreciated, please. Irteza "Syed " <irtezaa@gatech.edu> writes: > while using parfor loop, I get "The process cannot access the file > because it is being used by another process." error generated from an > executable function embedded in the parfor loop. The function opens a > file "tmp.key" and writes an image file "tmp.pgm" into "tmp.key" > file. However, it seems that when this parfor loop runs on parallel > processors, the processors are unable to access this "tmp.key" at the > same time, and hence, the error is generated. First of all, is my > assesment correct? secondly, how to resolve this issue and use parfor > loop successfully. > > Any help is greatly appreciated, please. It sounds like your assessment is correct. By ...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances. By concurrently exploring architecture, programming models, algorithms and applications, the session seeks to advance the state-of-the-art of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems. Following the usual IPDPS practice, all MPP papers will be published in the Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). Topics of Interest: The topics of interest to this special session are: (+) Architectures and Experimental Systems: the use of increased parallelism on a single chip (MPP on a chip), the coordination and communication between massive numbers of processing elements, the use of processors in memory (PIMS), and parallelism in emerging technologies. (+) Large-scale Computing: the utilization of MPPs for large-scale computing, achieving peta-scale levels of processing, use of heterogeneous processing capabilities. (+) Paralleli...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances...

parallel processing #2
Dear all, I have some doubts. Please clarify, 1. Is parallel processing possible in DSP processors and other high level languages like C etc., If so, How?? 2. I am doing image processing on FPGA. I have to write a bitmap file from FPGA output. How can it be done?? 3. How a image can be processed parallely on FPGA. Waiting for replies.. Thanks prash "PrAsHaNtH@IIT" <prashaenator@gmail.com> wrote > > 2. I am doing image processing on FPGA. I have to write a bitmap file > from FPGA output. How can it be done?? > Carefully open up your FPGA. Take a picture ...

DAQ parallel processing
I have a NI-daq device that I'm using to input an analog and two digital signals. In order to keep up with the incoming datastream and ensure that no data is lost, I've been attempting to use the parallel computing toolbox to process the analog signal on one worker, the digital signals on another, and combine the two into some usable XY data on a third. Since the workers cannot plot and I would like a real-time update of the data as it is coming in (process can run for several hours), I've been trying to use batch() to allow me to plot while the data is coming in off the worker...

help on parallel processing
hii everyone. i need to know that is there any way to execute 2 or more .m files simultaneously ? actually, i'm trying to call two individual files : one with 'wavplay' and another with a 'movie' function, from another .m file; such that on final execution i should view the movie and in the background, the wave file shall play. although, i know the control can be transferred to one called file at a time only but still, isn't it possible to distribute control to two separate files and both can be executed simultaneously. ----- ashutosh srivastava ...

Parallel processing in batches
What would be the cleanest way to execute a script in parallel, in batches multiple time, keeping the same number of instances at all times. I have the following scenario: - execute a script n times (first parameter), in parallel (second parameter). So to interpret it in a better way, say Parm1 = 25, the script needs to be executed 25times. The second parameter drives the number of parallel instances that will be invoked (say Parm2 = 5). At any given time 5instances of the script should be invoked. Total of 5 batches should run concurrently I was thinking in the similar lines (psuedo code...

PSE for parallel processing
Does anyone know of a good Problem Solving Environment (PSE) for parallel processing, then please let me know. I would also like to know if such tools are popular with the parallel programming people, i.e. are they really useful or are they just at a research stage? Pushkar Pradhan > Does anyone know of a good Problem Solving Environment (PSE) for > parallel processing, then please let me know. > I would also like to know if such tools are popular with the parallel > programming people, i.e. are they really useful or are they just at a > research stage? > > Pushkar P...

SAS Parallel processing
Hi, I am relatively new to SAS parallel processing scene and trying to work on the following piece of code using SAS 9 on a PC. The remote server has 4 processors and this is a UNIX based server. On my PC windows based SAS, I execute the following code after connecting to the remote server. options autosignon=yes ; rsubmit; /* Begin simulation */ options symbolgen ls=96; options sascmd='!sascmd -nosyntaxcheck' autosignon=yes cpucount=ACTUAL; %macro StatsModel(startLoop=, endLoop=, inputfn=,nsims=); filename params "/data/&inputfn"; data parameters; infile par...

Parallel processing applications
What are the killer parallel processing applications of the year 2004/2005. By that I mean, what are mid level applications for massively parallel architectures? When the FPGA Transputer is finished, what applications will use it? Budget Grid computing? Remote processing farms? Anyone got ideas? dave wrote: > What are the killer parallel processing applications of the year > 2004/2005. By that I mean, what are mid level applications for massively > parallel architectures? > > When the FPGA Transputer is finished, what applications will use it? > Budge...

execute processes in parallel
Hi, Is there anyway to execute 2 processes simultaneously in a tcl script, so tat each one completes at more or less the same time, so that the total execution time of the script is reduced, when we do it sequentially. I saw few references to fork, exec, and spawn, but not able to figure out, how to get with them, any reference or example, will be more helpful. Thanks, Nutty. mp3nut@gmail.com schreef: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to execute 2 processes simultaneously in a tcl script, > so tat each one completes at more or less the same time, so that the > total execution time of the script is reduced, when we do it > sequentially. > > I saw few references to fork, exec, and spawn, but not able to figure > out, how to get with them, any reference or example, will be more > helpful. > > Thanks, > Nutty. Are you talking about separate processes in terms of what the computer understands as a process (run a browser and a word processor and a calender application and ..) or do you want two Tcl procedures that run simultaneously? In the first case, these external processes can be started via [exec command &] (or [open "|command"] to get access to the in/output of the process via a pipe mechanism). The & makes sure the process is running in the background. In the second case you are talking about threads. There is a Threads package available with a very nice API. Whether you will be able to gain time, is a matter of you...

Parallel Processing in SAS
I've heard that there are opportunties to do some parallel processing if your server has multiple CPUs. We have 4 CPUs running on windows 2003 SP1. Anyone have any insight or articles about Parallel processing? I heard only a few procs can actually utilize and take advantage of parallel processing, but wasn't sure. Any insight is appreciated! Jer wrote: > I've heard that there are opportunties to do some parallel processing if > your server has multiple CPUs. I think there are also opportunities for parallel processing with single CPU machines that support threading; on...

Parallel Processing in Simulink?
Hi All, Does anyone know if Simulink supports parallel precessing / threading? How can I run two models at the same time? In particular, I have a model that waits for the response of an external device by means of an embedded MATLAB function. This causes the entire simulation process to stall just to wait for a response. However, the model required to trigger that response is elsewhere in the model and therefore doesn't ever execute.. fail. Is there a way of waiting for the response of that block WHILE continuing on with simulation? Thanks! Hi Annie, Are you trying to get two separat...

Parallel Application Processing
Suggestions appreciated on how to tackle parallel application processing on a single large Oracle table. The PL/SQL application processes needs to grab n rows for update, process, update and commit them. Several of these application processes need to be run in parallel due to the data volumes. The problem is ensuring that each parallel application process grabs a different set of rows for processing so that there are no contention - with one app process either waiting for another or raising an exception as its attempt to grab rows hit already locked rows. I've tried the following basic SQL construct: select * from table sample(m) where rownum < n for update nowait skip locked The idea is to grab any random sample of data, and from that attempt to grab at most n rows that are not locked, and lock them for updating. If the sample is not used, then each process will/could hit the same rows which means the 1st one may get n rows to lock and the 2nd process will find nothing as it will simply skip n rows. A method is thus needed to randomly identify a m set of rows and grab n rows for updating from it. Does this method make sense? Are there better methods to consider? Thanks. -- Billy On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 03:09:28 -0700, Billy wrote: > Does this method make sense? Are there better methods to consider? Partitioning it by hash (or range, if you can do that) and then acessing different partitions in parallel would seem like the perfect way. -- http://www.mgogal...

Parallel Processing in IDL
What's an easy way to use multiple processors in IDL? I have a large program but I want to start with a simple program first. Let's say I have an array of a million integers and I have four processors. I want to add all the elements in this array and output it. I could split the array into four parts and give it to each processor right? Is this possible? How would I do this? Thanks! On 10/11/10 10:35 AM, Ammar Yusuf wrote: > What's an easy way to use multiple processors in IDL? I have a large > program but I want to start with a simple program first. Let's say I &g...

parallel processing #2
How to do parallel processing in matlab because it is very easy in LINUX by just doing "fork"? i have to run two functions in parallel which are dependent on each other.How can i do it? "Muhammad " <muhammadjahanzeb2008@yahoo.com> writes: > How to do parallel processing in matlab because it is very easy in LINUX by > just doing "fork"? i have to run two functions in parallel which are dependent > on each other.How can i do it? One way is to use the Parallel Computing Toolbox, which gives you the ability to run parallel for-loops (PARFOR) and &quo...

Parallel Processing in Matlab?
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple m-files parallelly in MATLAB. For example, suppose I need to run 'n' script files all independent of each other. I needed it for a robotics application. Is it possible to assign preferences to the processes(like in real time processes) so that a process of lesser preference is put on the hold if a more preferred task needs to be run. Please give details, as I am not very used to MATLAB. Thanks in advance. Regards... ...

parallel processing #2
Further to some parallel processing comments here: One of my Geos interfaces (maybe Topdesk), allows 2 programmes to be open simultaneously, although they are not both processing at the same time; useful for transferring data between open programmes. When we use a printer set-up that has a buffer in the interface (Xetec, & Xetec Gold), or printer (any modern inkjet), once the data reaches the buffer we can continue another computer task. I have a spooler that allows me to send text to be printed to mydisk drive, then disconnect the drive from the computer, & continue to compute. My ...

Web resources about - parallel process - comp.cad.cadence

Parallel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The parallel universe of Donald J. Trump
Within days of the launch of Donald J. Trump's presidential campaign last June, he entered a parallel universe of his unique creation – a universe ...

The parallel universe of Donald J. Trump
Within days of the launch of Donald J. Trump's presidential campaign last June, he entered a parallel universe of his unique creation &ndash; ...

Buy Parallels
Starting today, Parallels is offering a new bundle for a limited time that will let you get 81% off 7 great Mac apps with the purchase or upgrade ...

Kindle for iOS gets social sharing features, parallel downloads
... it is nevertheless nice to see Amazon take advantage of Apple’s mobile platform through integrating sharing in this way. Kindle for iOS. Parallel ...

Scandal over South African president draws Nixon parallel
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Speaking in an old fort and prison from South Africa's era of white domination, a former anti-apartheid leader hinted that ...

Trust and Democracy: The Odd Parallels between Trump and Apple
... Apple in its fight against the FBI and Justice Department wouldn’t be caught dead voting for Trump. And yet Apple’s position has some odd parallels ...

Trade Policy Parallels
It’s not surprising at all, I think. Both Bernie and Trump belong to the rebels, the outsiders. The establishment on both sides is trying to ...

Parallels Updates Remote Application Server for PCs, Macs
Parallels Remote Application Server v15 brings Windows applications and desktops to employees on any device, anywhere in the world.