tangent waveform calculator function with log plots?

What is the exact equation used by the tangent() function in the
waveform calculator when plotting something on a log-log plot?

Basically I'm trying to plot tangent lines for the 1/f^3 and 1/f^2
regions of an oscillator phase noise plot.

It seems from experimenting that the X and Y points are X in Hz and Y
in dBc/sqrt(Hz) for the point you want to cross through.  The slope
parameter seems a bit strange.  It doesn't seem to be dB/log(freq/1Hz)
which is what I would have expected.

The manual gave almost no help.  It basically restates the text which
already appears in the calculator dialog box.

Thanks
-Dan

0
spam99 (93)
9/2/2005 1:17:31 PM
comp.cad.cadence 5429 articles. 9 followers. Post Follow

Arrays / plotting log function / for loop
I am supposed to plot the function f(x) = 2log9(x)-log4(x)^2 for x = [0.1,10] using the function logb() that I have already created to solve logs with base b. I am also asked to create an array that stores the values of x = [0.1,10]. I then need to compute the function value for each of those x values, using a for loop to get to each element of y. I am also not supposed to use the shortcut that allows me to assign all of the y-values at once. I thought I was on the right track but I am completely lost. I am also new to programming and Matlab. I have tried this but I think it is comple...

Log Log square plot
Hi, I'd like to plot a distribution on a log- log^2 graph. Those graph look like gaussian graph but with the x axis on a log^2 scale and y axis on log scale. They are call Cole chart and are use for ploting cumulative particle size distribution. Can someone help me. Thanks Jean-Mathieu Gagnon Johnnyhat <jeanmat66@hotmail.Nospamm.com> wrote in message news:<eed95f9.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>... > Hi, > > I'd like to plot a distribution on a log- log^2 graph. Those graph > look like gaussian graph but with the x axis on a log^2 scale and y > axis on log scale. T...

Plotting two functions on the same plot
Hi all, I want to plot two y-axis data on the same x-axis. The problem is that the first plot should be done using command 'pcolor' and second one using normal 'plot' command. basically this is what I want to do command for first plot is pcolor(x,y1,z);colorbar; command for second plot is plot(x,y2) Here x is x-axis data,y1 and y2 are two different data's against x-axis data. I want it to happen on the same plot. The inbuilt matlab command 'plotyy' doesn't help as it uses 'plot' command for both plots. I also tried th...

Plot function of a function of a variable
Hi, Have some functions depending on A. v1[A], D1[A]. These functions have some constants defined in L94[m, s, r, l, t, c] v1 - can be interpreted as value of a firm D1 as value of debt A as "stock price" Then I want to plot v1[A] vs D1[A]/v1[A] at A=100 and c changing from 0 to 15. Anyone know how to do this?? The following plots v1[A] when c goes from 0 to 15 if that is of any help. Plot[{v1[100] /. L94[0.04, 0.20, 0.06, 0.5, 0.35, c]}, {c, 0, 15}] -dap khollund@gmail.com wrote: > Have some functions depending on A. > v1[A], D1[A]. These functio...

PLOT() function...which WINDOW() to plot to...?
Hello, I have some code that does this: ; Set the graphics buffering buffer = KEYWORD_SET(png) then, inside some loops (director and file lists), a window is created like so: w = WINDOW( $ WINDOW_TITLE = rts_file_list[i], $ DIMENSIONS = [800,w_ysize], $ BUFFER = buffer ) and then inside an addition loop (data items), a plot is created like so: index++ pn = PLOT( $ channel_index, new_data, $ XTITLE=xtitle, $ TITLE = item_name[j], $ LAYOUT = [ n_col, n_row, index ], $ NAME = legend_name[0], $ COLOR = 'red', $ THICK = 2, $ CURRENT = w ) Note in the last command the keyword assignment "CURRENT = w". And then finally, IF ( buffer ) THEN $ w.SAVE, dir_list[n] + PATH_SEP() + $ FILE_BASENAME(file_root,".bin") + ".png", $ HEIGHT=w_ysize Note that the main procedure keyword "png" is what determines whether or not the plots got to a window on screen, or to a buffer. And, if they go to a buffer, those plots are then saved as a png file. I have noticed two things: 1) If I have existing graphics windows on screen (say from a bunch of previous plots) and I run my program to create more onscreen plots, then if I click on any of the *other* windows, my current plotting run starts plotting to *th...

[OCEAN] How to plot a waveform in log scale for x-axis?
I am trying to use OCEAN script to automate the generation of several plots. Is there any way to plot a waveform with x-axis in log scale? Or is there any way to change a plot in linear scale to log scale for x-axis? Thanks, Frank On 2 Jul 2006 21:44:17 -0700, "Frank" <chientm@gmail.com> wrote: >I am trying to use OCEAN script to automate the generation of several >plots. Is there any way to plot a waveform with x-axis in log scale? Or >is there any way to change a plot in linear scale to log scale for >x-axis? > >Thanks, > >Frank Use the awvLogXAxis() function. This is documented - the quick reference information gives: awvLogXAxis( w_windowId g_state [?subwindow x_subwindowID] ) => t/nil Sets the X axis for a strip in a subwindow to display logarithmically if the g_state flag is set to t. If g_state is not set to t, the display is set to linear. So you should be able to do: awvLogXAxis(currentWindow() t) Andrew. -- Andrew Beckett Principal European Technology Leader Cadence Design Systems, UK. ...

problems when plotting waveforms generated by drCreateWaveform() in cadence 6.1.5
Hi everybody, I am using ocean and skill to read in a file with an S21 loss curve and ove= rlaying that curve on top of my equalizer's AC simulation results. In Cadence 6.1.3 (where the project was initially set up), I could run the = following code: spwave =3D drCreateEmptyWaveform() xvec =3D drCreateVec( 'double lFreq ) yvec =3D drCreateVec( 'double lDb ) drPutWaveformXVec( spwave xvec ) drPutWaveformYVec( spwave yvec ) plot(clip(spwave 50M 40G) clip(db20(getData("vout" ?result 'ac)) 50M 40G)) where lFreq and lDb are the list formats of the s-parameter file and "spwav= e" is the waveform object of the S21 file. the plot command will clip the S= 21 waveform object and the /vout node from the AC simuation (from 10khz -> = 100ghz) and plot them both on the same subwindow. I can also select both waveform objects in the calculator and evaluate expr= essions.=20 However, in the newer Cadence 6.1.5 environment we have been updated to, th= e plot command refuses to draw the db20 of the /vout node on the same subwi= ndow as the S21 wave. Also, clipping the S21 waveform does not properly cli= p from 50Mhz to 40Ghz, instead it produces a flat line. I couldn't find anything indicating this in the documentation from reading = through the SKILL/ocean commands i have used. Is there a new method for wha= t I have done in 6.1.5? Thanks, Yu Feng I have noticed that in the "known bugs" with the 6.1...

easter egg . plot a cadence waveform to the tektronix 4014 emulator of xterm
Hi All, grey weather here for easter, so I made a SKILL toy. It will plot a waveform to the xterm Tek window. I had always wondered what this xterm "tek" mode was. I tried to plot families too, but that doesn t work. It should work OK if you plot a real valued waveform (probably fails on AC or PSS freq domain 's complex waves). ;; fun with xterm's tektronix 4014 emulator ;; for a phosphor alike color, "xterm -fg green -bg black" ;; run icfb from the xterm , load this file ;; open some simulation result, browse, put the a real wave expression in the clipboard ;; enter in CIW: ;; TKplotwave( <paste wave expression> ) ;;voila. /* #get info on terminal capabilities and control codes man ascii man console_codes man reset man termcap man terminfo man tic man xterm gv /usr/share/doc/x*doc*.?/xterm/ctlseqs.PS.gz less $(locate tek.trm) #or use google/gnuplot source wget http://www.tug.org/cgi-bin/dirarchive/tex-archive/dviware/dvgt.tgz ; tar xzvf dvgt.tgz; less dvgt/dvgt/src/tek4010* mozilla http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/plotutils.html mozilla http://www.update.uu.se/~fstx/1/tekscope/ wget http://vt100.net/tektronix/4014-um/4014-um.pdf #read from page 92 , appendix G ######## try it out #ECMA-48 Set Graphics Rendition echo -en "\033[32m" echo -en "\033[40m" #SGR code ; inverse video echo -e "\033[7m oediv esrever \033[0m" #Digital Equipment Corp. private mode set ##enter tektronix echo -en "\03...

The plots in AWD waveform window in cadence.5.1.41 is flashing
Hi All, I am using cadence .5.1.41 version and when I plot a waveform it is constantly flashing and very disturbing to evaluate the plot. does anyone knows how to change its properties so the plotted waveform stops flashing? thank you for the help Hi, This is very likely because awd is using layers y0-y9 for waveforms. The best way for you to get rid of the blinking is to edit your display.drf file and change the attributes of those y0-y9. just move the blinking color into a non blinking one. Are you comfortable with this ? let us know otherwise ! Cheers, Riad. BTW, Why are you using awd not wavescan ??? Hi Riad, I'm experiencing the same problem with 5.1.41, when I plot smthg with AWD the first 2 curves will appear blinking and it's very annoying. I read the post here but I don't see any display.drf file that I could hack, where is it located? And to answer your question about AWD vs. Wavescan ... I really don't like Wavescan except for a few cursor and markers features I wish AWD had. Thanks. Patrice Griffon wrote, on 10/01/09 15:45: > Hi Riad, > > I'm experiencing the same problem with 5.1.41, when I plot smthg with > AWD the first 2 curves will appear blinking and it's very annoying. I > read the post here but I don't see any display.drf file that I could > hack, where is it located? > > And to answer your question about AWD vs. Wavescan ... I really don't > like Wavescan except for a few cursor and m...

smooth option with log log plot
Hi All, I face a problem when i use "smooth cspline" option with "set log xy ". I get some strange wiggle in the curve even if u just by seeing the data plot you can see it is quite smoothly varying. I am posting the data below. Y X 26001.010748 0.010000 4281.268838 0.020000 1403.321122 0.030000 623.920780 0.040000 329.886993 0.050000 195.100466 0.060000 124.802095 0.070000 84.602694 0.080000 59.971387 0.090000 44.045245 0.100000 5.694855 0.200000 1.706694 0.300000 0.724142 0.400000 0.372038 0.500000 0.215795 0.600000 0.136117 0.700000 0.091300 0.800000 0.064185 0.900000 0.046827 1.000000 0.005874 2.000000 0.001742 3.000000 0.000735 4.000000 0.000377 5.000000 0.000218 6.000000 0.000137 7.000000 0.000092 8.000000 0.000065 9.000000 0.000047 10.000000 If you just plot the data in log-log scale it looks nice but if i use smooth cspline it looks ugly. you get wiggle at the point when the scale jump. Please let me know if there is work around or solution to it. I guess if i take log of data and than smooth it than i should get a smooth curve but i want that to be last option. Thanks, Shailendra Yes, " it looks nice " , I think it looks quite nice with a squiggle as well. You should avoid vague terms like " it looks nice " and try to be clear and precise. Can you please explain exactly what you think smooth csplines should do and what is incorrect with the results ...

how to plot plot the probability distribution function
now i have a vector contained n unitory complex numbers, for example, 1/2+sqre(3)*i/2, 0+i... i want to plot the probability distribution function (PDF) of this vector on the unitory circle. that is, ? numbers located in [0,pi/6] ? numbers located in [pi/6,pi/3] .... thank you for your kindness! i appreciate if you are kind enough to give me an simple example to illustrate it. On Mar 30, 1:00 pm, swarm <swarmwis...@126.com> wrote: > now i have a vector contained n unitory complex numbers, for example, > 1/2+sqre(3)*i/2, 0+i... > > i want to plot the probability distribution function (PDF) of this > vector on the unitory circle. > that is, ? numbers located in [0,pi/6] > ? numbers located in [pi/6,pi/3] > ... > > thank you for your kindness! > > i appreciate if you are kind enough to give me an simple example to > illustrate it. help angle then help hist ...

linear regression on log log plots
Hello, I have two variables (vectors): L=[0 200 400 600 800 1000] %L:Length S=[0.002 0.001 0.003 0.001 0.002 0.01] %S:Slope and I have to calculate the coefficients Lambda(slope) and Gama(intercept) of a straight line by regression of my data on log-log graph. formula: lnS=Gama-Lambda*lnL; In cftool, axes are normal (not log-log). I also tried ployfit(x,y,n) in polyfit(log(L),log(S),1) way, but it didn't work and answer was NaN NaN. what code should i use for fitting a straight line(linear fitting) and calculation of Lambda and Gama. thaks in advance It does not work because L(1) = 0, so log(L(1)) = -Inf, and polyfit can't fit a line with an Inf point. Try: polyfit(log(L(2:end)),log(S(2:end)),1) and it will work. F "Alireza Y." <bilgi_yk2@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hf5ab1$qs8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > I have two variables (vectors): > L=[0 200 400 600 800 1000] %L:Length > S=[0.002 0.001 0.003 0.001 0.002 0.01] %S:Slope > and I have to calculate the coefficients Lambda(slope) and Gama(intercept) of a straight line by regression of my data on log-log graph. > formula: lnS=Gama-Lambda*lnL; > In cftool, axes are normal (not log-log). I also tried ployfit(x,y,n) in polyfit(log(L),log(S),1) way, but it didn't work and answer was NaN NaN. > what code should i use for fitting a straight line(linear fitting) and calculation of Lambda and Gama. > thaks in advance On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:00:17 +0000 (UTC), &...

Log-Linear Models and Plot of Logged Odds
Hi, I am estimating a log-linear model, and I am expected to draw a plot of logged odds and explain its utility in the model. How do I do this? Any references that could give me pointers. cheers, Y __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ...

Can mathematica do a log-log contour plot?
Hi All, I have a data array whose indice stand for x,y axes. Is it posiible to make a log-log contour plot? Or is there any other way to do the similiar task by mathematica? Thanks a lot. Feng-Yin Chang, Institute of Physics,NCTU,Taiwan Hi Feng, there is no built in function for that, you must do it yourself. A quick and dirty way would be to generate tripples with: {Log of x, Log of y, function value at x,y}. Here is an example: dat=Flatten[Table[{Log[x],Log[y],x^2- y^2},{x,1,10,.1},{y,1,10,.1}],1]; ListContourPlot[dat] Note that the axes show the Log's of x and y. But you may draw the ticks yourself. hope this helps, Daniel Feng-Yin Chang wrote: > Hi All, > I have a data array whose indice stand for x,y axes. Is it posiible > to make a log-log contour plot? Or is there any other way to do the similiar > task by mathematica? > Thanks a lot. > > Feng-Yin Chang, > Institute of Physics,NCTU,Taiwan > > ...

Moving the contour plot with the surfc plot function
My name is Matthew Gibb, I am a fourth year physics undergraduate and my dissertation is due to be handed in at the end of next week. I need to plot a surfc graph but with the contour graph on top of the surface plot i.e. at z > all values on surface, instead of underneath it on the z = 0 plane where it is obscured in my plot. In the help file for meshc it says to plot a mesh graph using mesh not meshc, then put hold on and plot a contour graph afterwards for more control as to at what z plane it is plotted at, but neither this nor the contour help file goes into further detail. I have sear...

Re: will not plot functions when one of the functions in list
On 12/19/12 at 4:58 AM, cendos@gmail.com wrote: >Hey, please confirm if anybody else has this different behaviour: >1.this plots all functions in version 8: >Plot[{1, Null}, {y, 0, 1}] Yes with: In[1]:= $Version Out[1]= 8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (October 5, 2011) I see a horizontal line plotted at y = 1 >2.the same code won't plots any functions in version 9: >Plot[{1, Null}, {y, 0, 1}] and with In[1]:= $Version Out[1]= 9.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (November 20, 2012) I see no plotted line ...

Plotting Speed: Plot and other functions not pre-compiling arguments?
All, This problem has bugged me for some time, particularly when I want to put plots inside manipulate functions. I like to define intermediate functions to abstract more complex computations from becoming pages of mathematica code, however, Mathematica seems to take a serious performance hit when I do this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've copied the notes and input/output from a notebook demonstrating this problem below. First we define a rediculously simple function of two variables. f[x_, y_] := 2 x + 3 y Then we define a coordinate transformation, which i...

plot output from two for-loops in log-log scale
Hi, I think this is quite a simple problem for an experienced Matlab user - but I just started. I have two for-loops that calculate a variable a in a temperature range from 280-320C and input the result in the second loop that calculates viscosities in a shear rate range from 20-100000. To plot all results in a single diagram I found the "hold on" expression. for T=280:5:320; %calculates log aT A=(((8.86*(p4-p5))/(101.6+p4-p5))-((8.86*(T-p5))/(101.6+T-p5))); a=10^A; %calculates viscosity from shear rate 20 to 100,000 1/s for a given %temperature T and plots the result ...

Turn off a single plot of a multiple plot waveform graph
I have a multiple plot waveform graph (4 plots). I want to turn off one of the plots, say plot 2. Is this posible from the graphs property node? The property node seems to only give a reference to plot 0. I am using labview 7. Cheers, Wayne > >I have a multiple plot waveform graph (4 plots). I want to turn off >one of the plots, say plot 2. Is this posible from the graphs >property node? The property node seems to only give a reference to >plot 0. I am using labview 7. >Cheers, >Wayne > > > > > > I would love to know if this is possible. I have...

Calling functions from functions from functions ...
Lets say I have a function g(p,x) where x and p are of some defined type. I also have a function NewtonR which I can use like so: x = NewtonR(g,p,x0) There is also another function I want to call ImplicitTrap which can be done as: u = ImplicitTrap(g,p,u0,step,n) This function defines a function of g, and it is this function that I'd like to pass to NewtonR. Can it be done? Basically the code is implementing the implicit trapezoidal rule for numerical integration with the NR solver being used at each step with automatic differentiation being used to handle the differentiation. M...

Plot function
Hello.. Im Having trouble with the Plot[] Function. It seems to plot a function in x, given the range of x. But if i have x as a function of y. How can i plot it ??? My Function looks as x= k*rArcSin[y/r] -rCos[ArcSin[y/r]] k and r are constants Please tell me how i can plot this... An early reply will be very helpful. Thanking in Advance, Kinjal. Hi, beside the obvious way to Solve[] (that work not in your example) With[{k = 1, r = 1}, ContourPlot[ x == k*r*ArcSin[y/r] - r*Cos[ArcSin[y/r]], {x, -2, 2}, {y, -Pi, Pi}] ] will do it .. Regar...

Plotting a function
Hello, I am new to MATLAB and searched the help pages regarding plots before posing this question. I would like to plot the following equation: x(t) = e^(-t+2)cos(2*pi*t) for t >= 2 = 0, otherwise I'd like to know how to write up the above equation in MATLAB syntax and then plot x(t) I missed an important condition, t's interval is [-8,8] samaruf <samaruf@yahoo.com> wrote in message <114885316.353258.1268185124064.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org>... > I missed an important condition, t's interval is [-8,8] %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% ...

Plot Function
I need to plot a graph with y axis as mass flow rate and x axis as time. The problem being mass flow rate depends on two variable mass and time such that as time increases mass also increases so the graph turns out quite complicated and henceforth i'm not able to solve it . I am eagerly waiting for a solution :) Can you not show Cumulative probability function or empirical CDF? You need to figure out how to visualize that, "ABHISEKH MUKHERJEE" wrote in message <lac2r6$ga3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I need to plot a graph with y axis as mass flow rate and x axis as time. The problem being mass flow rate depends on two variable mass and time such that as time increases mass also increases so the graph turns out quite complicated and henceforth i'm not able to solve it . I am eagerly waiting for a solution :) ...

Functions of Functions
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I've gone through the book and help files as best I can, but can't seem to figure out why the following doesn't work: I'm trying to work with functions that take functions as parameters and return other functions. Below is an example... (*clear stuff*) Clear[a, b, c, x] (*Define a functions a*) \!\(a[x_] := \((Sin[x] + x\^3\/2)\)\) (*define a function of functions*) \!\(b[f_] = \((f'' + \(3\ f'\)\/2 + 5 f)\)\) (*apply the functional function to a*) c = b[...

Web resources about - tangent waveform calculator function with log plots? - comp.cad.cadence

Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For mechanical precursors to the modern calculator, see Mechanical calculator . For other uses, see Calculator (disambiguation) . An electronic ...

Calculator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For mechanical precursors to the modern calculator, see Mechanical calculator . For other uses, see Calculator (disambiguation) . An electronic ...

Syncapse Offers 2013 Facebook Advertising Spend Calculator
... management platform Syncapse introduced a tool to help Facebook page administrators do just that: the 2013 Facebook Advertising Spend Calculator ...

Algae Production Conversion Calculator for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Algae Production Conversion Calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Retirement calculators mislead super fund members
Some of the retirement calculators on the websites of the largest super funds are misleading fund members.

Calculator: How much will you need to save for a house now?
Minimum down payments are going up on homes priced above $500,000 in February. See how much buyers will have to save to meet the new requirements. ...

Today’s apps gone free: 5coins, Loan Calculator, Frame Artist and more
... it with the family. Bogga Easter is available for free for a limited time. It has a 4.5-star rating with a total of 8 ratings. Loan Calculator ...

Price Drop: Archimedes Calculator
Archimedes Calculator 3.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Archimedes is the scientific ...

2016 Free Agency Contract Calculator
The free agency contract calculator is updated for the 2016 season - now with qualifying offers! Have you ever wanted to predict the value of ...

Understanding the value of change with the Sitecore ROI Calculator
... to look at the new. In order to help businesses define this value, Sitecore has invested time and effort into producing an effective ROI calculator. ...