still in use

is this grp still running
0
lorys
4/11/2007 9:21:15 AM
comp.cad.microstation 1136 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Still lurking about"

CadAd
  �--�

"lorys" <lorys@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> is this grp still running

0
CadAd
5/4/2007 12:36:47 PM
Still here Holar if you need me
Joseph M. Deeley
Senior Design Technician/
Dallas RCUG Rep.

HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
17111 Preston Rd. #300
Dallas, Tx 75248-2096
Phone: (972)960-4462
Fax: (972)9604471
Email: mdeeley@hdrinc.com

0
Matt

Is Anyone Still Using Microstation 4.0
I have the lock and had copied the disks years ago...now that I needed to load it again I find my disk 3 is blank and my disk 4 and 5 have the same file on it.....rats.....was wondering if someone would be so kind as to send me the missing files Just found Version 4 today, with stiffy's. It may depend on the Release number. But I'm willing to try and assist! It that a genuine e-mail address? (arnofeuer@msn.com) And if it is we will go private! "RNO" <arnofeuer@msn.com> wrote in message news:5cbbdd2c.0408031110.615f5504@posting.google.com... >I have the lock and had copied the disks years ago...now >that I needed > to load it again I find my disk 3 is blank and my disk 4 > and 5 have > the same file on it.....rats.....was wondering if someone > would be so > kind as to send me the missing files RNO wrote: > I have the lock and had copied the disks years ago...now that I needed > to load it again I find my disk 3 is blank and my disk 4 and 5 have > the same file on it.....rats.....was wondering if someone would be so > kind as to send me the missing files RNO: You can download all of Bentley Systems Inc.'s software for free from Bentley.com . Place the MSTN file in its own folder, e.g., MSTN-V4-PROGRAM, or you can copy it to your own CD. Install it, and it will run as a demo. Place the load key or password file in the appropriate MicroStation folder and it wi...

Who uses still uses MCA RS/6000s?
Hello all, I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. I'm working on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics and provide modern free software for AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1. Please reply to the group or send me a note if you do use these machines. Kevin Kevin You said "I'm working on a web site that will cover RS/6k basics" Will vote for that. Still struggling on with a couple of MCA RS6000's Basil Kevin Bowling schrieb: > I am trying to gage the usage of MCA RS/6000s these days. All builds of Firefox for AIX 4.3.3 are compiled on a...

Re: Who uses still uses MCA RS/6000s?
Hi Kevin Will vote for that too. Work occasionaly with two 7011-44 MCA RS6000's with AiX 3.2 and 4.2 at home J�rg ...

use of stills
Is it possible to create a video programme (capable of being put on to cd) based on jpeg's and voice-over? Can jpeg's be converted to a format which will let them be captured by Pinnacle or Ulead etc. or do the stills have to be shot with a camcorder? ...

when to use ; and when to use ,
Any statements like printf("abc"); scanf("%d",&x); a=20; can be replaced by printf("abc"), scanf("%d",&x), a=20; So when should we use ; and when sould we use , In article <1181971596.941107.318810@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Ravi <ra.ravi.rav@gmail.com> wrote: >Any statements like > printf("abc"); > scanf("%d",&x); > a=20; >can be replaced by > printf("abc"), scanf("%d",&x), a=20; > >So when should we use ; and when sould we use , Use ; when you want ...

Using using
I want to plot column 2 against col. 1, but subtract a constant from col. 2. I tried, in a test script, plot 'test.dat' using 1:($2 + 1) w p pt 7 but gnuplot complains Warning: empty y range [1:1], adjusting to [0.99:1.01] although the data file contains 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 What am I doing wrong? I read this in the manual: plot 'file' using 1:($2+$3) "%1f,%1f,%1f" which led me to use the above. I assume the format stuff is not needed. If I am doing this wrong, how do I modify a given column to be plotted arithmetically? -- Dieter...

when to use == and when to use is
I know this question has been answered: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6570371/when-to-use-and-when-to-use-is , but I still have doubts. Consider the following code: class A: def __init__(self, a): self._a = a #def __eq__(self, other): # return self._a != other._a obj_0 = A(0) obj_1 = A(1) obj_2 = A(2) obj = obj_1 if obj == obj_0: print(0) elif obj == obj_1: print(1) elif obj == obj_2: print(2) if obj is obj_0: print(0) elif obj is obj_1: print(1) elif obj is obj_2: print(2) Both if statements wo...

Unable to delete MEX DLL file after use (access denied/ still in use)
Hi, I have been compiling some MEX files. However, I am unable to delete them after using it once. To delete it, the only way I found was to re-compile (which overwrites the dll file) and then delete it. Any ideas why I am facing this problem? I don't see any activity in the windows task manager. However, it might not appear anyway since it is being invoked from MATLAB. Thanks. Have you tried using "clear functions" after calling the function, but before attempting to delete them? "P-GPS" <premgrps@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1770515a-df30-420c-8a9c...

Switching AIX to use LDAP authentication while still being able to use local accounts.
I have setup my AD account so that it can login to my AIX server. I have re= moved my local AIX account and have permanently switched to using my AD acc= ount. I'm using putty to ssh into my AIX server. If I don't specify my priv= ate key to use in putty, I can see all the AD groups that were created on t= he AD side. If I specify my private key to use because I want to use passwo= rdless authentication, I see all the corresponding local AIX groups. Is thi= s how it's supposed to work? With no private for passwordless authentication I get the groups created on= AD: ...

Using where; Using index vs Using where
Hello, What are the difference between the following statements, which one is better? mysql> desc SELECT COUNT(*) as `cnt` FROM vote WHERE `ip` = INET_ATON('127.0.0.1') AND (`addtime` > NOW() - INTERVAL 1 DAY) ; +----+-------------+-------+-------+---------------+--------------- +---------+------+------+--------------------------+ | id | select_type | table | type | possible_keys | key | key_len | ref | rows | Extra | +----+-------------+-------+-------+---------------+--------------- +---------+------+------+--------------------------+ | 1 | S...

bash: How to use 'set -o vi' and still be able to use ctrl-a, ctrl-e etc.
Is it possible to use VI mode in bash and still be able to use ctrl-a, ctrl-e, ctrl-l and ctrl-w like they work in Emacs mode? These key sequences are hard wired into my brain after using emacs mode in the shell for such a long time. Most ctrl-<key> sequences don't seem to conflict with the VI key sequences, is it possible to make them available in the VI mode? TIA, Erik. Erik Terpstra schrieb: > Is it possible to use VI mode in bash and still be able to use ctrl-a, > ctrl-e, ctrl-l and ctrl-w like they work in Emacs mode? These key > sequences are hard wired into my br...

microsoft news: 50% of enterprise users still use XP. Microsoft: Businesses will not use windows 8.
An entire enterprise cycle binned in Metro madness http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2012/06/07/win8_enterprise_yesno/ Analysis Like Thelma and Louise, executives at Microsoft's Windows division have no doubts about which direction they want to point the car. It's pedal to the floor, and over the cliff as fast as they can drive. Last week the latest Windows 8 public preview confirmed what many had expected and feared: there will be no compromise on the schizophrenic user interface behaviour Microsoft is forcing on users. As I wrote in March, the problem isn't the tablet-friendly Metro layer per se. It's the severe disruption to the everyday experience caused by integrating Metro front and centre. The start menu has gone, but pressing the Windows key now throws the user into a radically different environment with a completely different design, behaviour and even scaling. This shotgun marriage of two completely different platforms, suited to completely different devices, is completely disorientating. The new Metro environment is designed for small touchscreen devices, and gives nothing to benefit established desktop users. Having encouraged us to hit the Windows key much more often in Windows 7, Microsoft now punishes us every time for it. I cannot think of a change forced upon users that's quite so violent since character-based terminals gave way to graphical user interfaces. So Metro isn't the problem: c...

xlib: is it still being used?
While I was searching for a X-only GUI library, I've stumbled on xlib. I've looked into a couple of examples and the first things that gathered my attention was how light it was and how small the executables ended up being. Nonetheless, after browsing sourceforge I've noticed that there's practically no projects built based on the xlib library. Is there any reason behind that? Thanks in advance Rui Maciel Rui Maciel staggered into the Black Sun and said: > While I was searching for a X-only GUI library, I've stumbled on xlib. > I've looked into a couple of ex...

Still using SoundFonts?
Hello Everyone, It's been a while since I took a look at available sample technologies. Are SoundFonts still the standard? Now I see mentions of things like VST, ACID, DXi, GigaSamples, etc. that I don't know much about, so I wonder if I should be using something else. I'm not a professional musician. I'm just looking for something that works and sounds decent. I've used CakeWalk with MegaFont in the past, but it doesn't seem to work with the latest drivers, and large SoundFonts cut out at certain times. Is there a good alternative to MegaFont? Thanks for...

Is Linux still what it used to be?
Hi everyone, I've been a Linux fan and advocate for almost a decade now, but in the last few years I've started seeing the Linux community and even OSS community as a whole splinter and change into something I don't really recognize any longer. When I first downloaded Red Hat Linux 4.0 in 1996 as a project in school, it was exciting! I was a 20 year old guy who had grown-up around BBSes, and seeing how BBSing was being eaten away by the Internet, Linux was kindof the next 'geeky toy' to replace that BBS fanatic side of me. It was wonderful! A great community behind it...

Who still uses DOS and for what?
DOS interests me. Luckily I still am using Windows 98. What do you guys use DOS for? John "John" <johnw_94020@yahoo.comPDA> wrote in message news:_Ejre.10953$rt3.3302@fe03.lga... > DOS interests me. Luckily I still am using Windows 98. What do you guys > use > DOS for? > > John > Anything where serious work needs to be done. Playing with graphics is all very fine, but it takes an incredible amount of processing power to follow the clicky-flashy path. No finesse, and ever-larger programs to perform the most trivial functions. ...

is nasm still in use?
The latest version I can find was built April 2005. Seems a bit old. I'm trying to decide on an assembler - is this the wrong tool? -- % Randy Yates % "She has an IQ of 1001, she has a jumpsuit %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % on, and she's also a telephone." %%% 919-577-9882 % %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % 'Yours Truly, 2095', *Time*, ELO http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr Randy, There are several good assemblers that are regularly maintained: 1. NASM32 - http://www.asmcommunity.net/projects/nas...

Is anyone still using ...
.... a product called INFORMAP from Synercom Technologies (seems to have disappeared). Thanks! The Synercom company stopped supporting the product about 15 years ago. A new product called Metamap took its place. They can be found at www.MetaMap.com. If you need assistance with data I could help. www.GatewayHorizons.com Bruce "taymed" <taymed@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:2bed6e26.0309030811.677e6bb@posting.google.com... > ... a product called INFORMAP from Synercom Technologies (seems to > have disappeared). Thanks! ...

why mainframes are still used?
dear all, In the today's age of supercomputer ,why mainframes are still used? which are the operating systems for mainframes? How they are different from the PC? which are the mainframe manufacturing companies? sorry to trouble you like this.... regds, ypj arjdombivli@indiatimes.com (ashok) wrote in message news:<1dc813f.0409062324.24f401b@posting.google.com>... > dear all, > > > > In the today's age of supercomputer ,why mainframes are still used? > which are the operating systems for mainframes? > How they are different from the PC? > which are...

still using psp7
pretty sad... just tried X yesterday... omg... talk about slow. text tool still completely useless. long live PSP7. -woof. "Triumph The Insult Comic Dog" (thetruthhurts@gmail.com) writes: > pretty sad... > just tried X yesterday... > omg... talk about slow. > text tool still completely useless. > > long live PSP7. > > -woof. > > > > Corel is serious about getting PSP X on the market. If you do want 9 for the extra tricks it does, CompUSA is clearing the shelves for a grand cost of $10 after upgrade and Corel rebates. Great to have...

why still use C?
no this is no trollposting and please don't get it wrong but iam very curious why people still use C instead of other languages especially C++. i heard people say C++ is slower than C but i can't believe that. in pieces of the application where speed really matters you can still use "normal" functions or even static methods which is basically the same. in C there arent the simplest things present like constants, each struct and enum have to be prefixed with "struct" and "enum". iam sure there is much more. i don't get it why people program in C and ...

Why do you still use Fortran?
When I first graduated, I was quite unsettled to learn that C/C++ was the lingua franca in most of the engineering companies I applied to, and that Fortran tended to be used in niche applications. My undergraduate education only encompassed Fortran and although I could have put effort into learning C/C++, I thought (and still think) that spending time learning another language would turn me into a jack of all trades, but master of none. So...why do you still use Fortran? Why do these niche applications (such as the algorithms running on the Earth Simulator) use Fortran? As an undergrad, we...

jdee still being used?
I've heard conflicing stories on whether jdee is still being used/ maintained. What's the real story? :) I am attempting to use it under cygwin with the windows XP version of the jdk. I'm finding and fixing several problems in which the pathname for the jdk/ jvm is being wrongly used also for emacs functions (which should use the /cygdrive/ c/blah format), but am wondering if this is a waste of time if the project isn't supported and is old and buggy... --Randy "GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of 2010-10-01 on laptop" ...

Who still uses AppleWorks?
With MS Office being the standard, who still uses AppleWorks? Schools may make the mistake of isolating their students from the world. I graduated from a High School that isolated students from windows and MS Office, by training all their students on Macs and Claris/Appleworks. This hurt me as well as every other student. I may have mastered OS 7 and ClarisWorks 1-4.x when I graduated, but reality took me by storm and I eventually had to transition to Windows and MSOffice, after I left there. I hated using Windows 3.11 (compared to OS 7.5) and Office at first, but it was what the world use...

Web resources about - still in use - comp.cad.microstation

Shooter's Apple ID Passcode Changed While in Government Possession: Apple
If it hadn't been changed, backup info might have been accessible, Apple says.

Inside Harper Lee and Truman Capote's Friendship
Inside Harper Lee and Truman Capote's Friendship

T-Mobile CEO furious with network performance report that put his carrier in last place
This week, RootMetrics released the results of its extensive network performance test for the second half of 2015 , with Verizon taking home ...

EU leaders and UK come to an agreement in talks with David Cameron avoiding defeat
Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite tweeted that an agreement with the UK has been made over proposed EU reforms, just minutes after the ...

Kanye West Considering Legal Action Over Life Of Pablo Pirates
Kanye West’s The Life of Pablo album was originally supposed to be a Tidal exclusive for a week , but some reason, the musician decided that ...

Branson's Virgin Galactic unveils new passenger spaceship
By Irene Klotz MOJAVE, Calif. (Reuters) - Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic venture unveiled a new passenger spacecraft on Friday, nearly 16 ...

U.S. Airstrikes on ISIS Camp in Libya Kill More Than 40
The airstrikes targeted a senior Tunisian operative linked to two major terrorist attacks in Tunisia last year, a Western official said.

Prison Bus Crashes in Texas, 1 Killed, More Than 20 Hurt
A prison bus carrying more than two dozen inmates has collided with a pickup truck in Texas, killing the truck's driver and injuring most of ...

Watch the Cast of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Catwalk in the Season 2 Teaser
In honor of Fashion Week and strong-as-hell females everywhere, here’s the cast of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt showing off their unique style in ...

An Original 35mm Print of ‘Star Wars’ Found, Cleaned Up, Scanned and It’s Gorgeous
If there’s one thing that Star Wars fans want more than anything, other than to see Star Wars: Episode VIII right now, it’s untainted versions ...