2d mechanical linkage simulation

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Are their any other tutorials on Solidworks "SketchBlocks" beside the
2 tutorials that are in Solidworks?

I would like to model 2d mechanical linkages, however the tutorials in
solidworks are not very helpful.

I am using a friend's 2006 version.

I did the 4 bar linkage tutorial and that worked out ok, and I then I
tried simple "stick figure"  4 bar linkage of my own design and that
worked out ok, but when I made my own blocks and added relations the
resulting linkage would not move.

Are there any books that are available on this subject alone?

Is there any online info to help beginners on this subject?

If I could get this 2d mechanical linkage modeling to work it would be
most awesome :-)

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

0
Reply comorrris (1) 3/8/2007 7:02:32 PM

See related articles to this posting

Go to http://www.swugn.org/pages/resources/documents/content_database.html
and grab the one Bruce Holway did called Using Blocks for Mechanism Design.
There are some good ideas in there.

  WT

"socketcap" <comorrris@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Are their any other tutorials on Solidworks "SketchBlocks" beside the
> 2 tutorials that are in Solidworks?
>
> I would like to model 2d mechanical linkages, however the tutorials in
> solidworks are not very helpful.
>
> I am using a friend's 2006 version.
>
> I did the 4 bar linkage tutorial and that worked out ok, and I then I
> tried simple "stick figure"  4 bar linkage of my own design and that
> worked out ok, but when I made my own blocks and added relations the
> resulting linkage would not move.
>
> Are there any books that are available on this subject alone?
>
> Is there any online info to help beginners on this subject?
>
> If I could get this 2d mechanical linkage modeling to work it would be
> most awesome :-)
>
> Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Reply Wayne 3/8/2007 9:55:55 PM

On Mar 8, 4:55 pm, "Wayne Tiffany" <wayne.tiffanyRMVJ...@asi.com>
wrote:
> Go tohttp://www.swugn.org/pages/resources/documents/content_database.html
> and grab the one Bruce Holway did called Using Blocks for Mechanism Design.
> There are some good ideas in there.
>
>   WT
>
> "socketcap" <comorr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Are their any other tutorials on Solidworks "SketchBlocks" beside the
> > 2 tutorials that are in Solidworks?
>
> > I would like to model 2d mechanical linkages, however the tutorials in
> > solidworks are not very helpful.
>
> > I am using a friend's 2006 version.
>
> > I did the 4 bar linkage tutorial and that worked out ok, and I then I
> > tried simple "stick figure"  4 bar linkage of my own design and that
> > worked out ok, but when I made my own blocks and added relations the
> > resulting linkage would not move.
>
> > Are there any books that are available on this subject alone?
>
> > Is there any online info to help beginners on this subject?
>
> > If I could get this 2d mechanical linkage modeling to work it would be
> > most awesome :-)
>
> > Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
>
> --

Wayne,

Thank you for the link, perhaps with some more studying of the
tutorials in Solidworks and that PowerPoint presentation I can
eventually make it work.

I have been searching a lot for more info and my guess is that because
its so new maybe there are not many people using this yet.

This feature would be an immense time saver for experimenting with
different designs before committing the to the time for a 3d model.

0
Reply socketcap 3/9/2007 11:21:29 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14460 articles. 56 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

simulation of a mechanism...
Hello, I am studying Mechanical Engineering and i have to solve and simulate a specific mechanism. Actually, i solved the mechanism and the m file is below! But unfortunately i can't simulate it. teta2 is an angle which is given by me and is turning from 1 to 360 degrees and the program calculates the necessary results according to that angle. Lenghts are known. All i have to do is make the joint points and draw them. But i have no clue how to do it! If you can't find the solution please least give me the directions how to draw a line frow known 2 points. ps: This program includes ju...

Simulation simulation?
Hello all, I am looking for a good software to simulate a software. For training purposes we would like to simulate an ERP software. That means we would like to take screen shots of the software we want to teach and then simulate the processes which are done with the real data and only show the results to the trainee. Of cause that can be done with p*werpoint, but we would like to have different paths, choosen by selections made on the screens. Any hint would be appreciated! Thank you in advance, Stephan. ...

mechanical system simulation
Dear Ptolemy users, I recently installed Ptolemy. I am interested in the simulation of electromechanical systems. I started by modelling the equations of a damped mechanical oscillator subject to an external force, which I modelled using a CurrentTime actor and an Expression actor, in my case an exponential impulse. This example works great. Now, I would like to substitute the exponential impulse by a more complex, arbitrary, waveform of the external force. My idea is to use a piece-wise linear waveform that I could modify to resemble a realistic mechanical impulse. C...

mechanic arm simulation
Hi, as homework, I have to simulate a mechanic arm that pulls up a weight from 0 to 45 degrees, piloted by a DC motor but I have not idea where to start from. I read some of the simulink documentation, but it didn't help much. Does anyone have some good documentation to point me to, so I can get started with this project? Thanks in advance for you help. Salvo ...

Computer for Mechanical Dynamics Simulators
Our company is in the process of adopting Solidworks. We are about to purchase some new computers for this with the following specs; -Dell optiPlex GX280 SMT with Int Broadcom=AE GbNIC Intel=AE Pentium=AE 4 Processor 550 (3.40GHz, 1M, 800MHz FSB) 34GT -Memory; 2.0GB DDR2 Non-ECC SDRAM,533MHz, (2DIMM) 2G2N52 -video; NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1300 with 128meg DDR memory on PCI express We are also strongly considering using Cosmos Motion in the future. I recall reading that there is no significant benefit to using dual-processors for Solidworks. Therefore the money is better put towards more and f...

2d creature locomotion simulation
Hello, I want to locomote artificial creatures that are made of joints and links (their quantity may vary). The worId of the creatures is 2d, for simplicity and convenience to plot. I have searched the net so long, but I could not find any way or any method that performs this task. There are many papers and sources telling that they've achieved this by calculating torques (and so on), but unfortunately none of them tell how they achieved. Guess the creature is at origin and wants to reach the target coordinates. It's a tree like structure, made up of joints and links. I want to utili...

how to simulate 2d motion controler
i am doing my project on two dimensional motion controller i want to simulate it using matlab's simulink fascility can anybody share me some idea thank u ...

trying to simulate 2d with 3d. How?
I'm trying to draw a box that will fit the boundaries of the client area of a window using opengl and gluPerspective( 45.0f, aspect, zNear, zFar); where aspect = clientrect.right / clientrect.bottom zNear = .1 and zFar = 10000.0 If I have a box defined as the same size as the window's client rectangle (but shifte so that it's center is the center of opengl's coordinate system), is there a way to find out what z-distance to draw the box so that it just fills the screen? I'm trying to draw some things inside this box, so that it looks like it is drawn in 2d instead of 3d. I...

The uses of 2D fluid simulations
Hey all, I am just curious if any of you know of any uses for 2D fluid simulations on the graphics world. I already have the following. I'm writing a paper on the subject, and we have our own specific uses for it, mainly, to simulate a slice of a symmetric object, and then extrapolate to 3D). But I am trying to think of others. So can anyone suggest others? And, if possible, references to work that has been done and published would be great. We did think of another use: time-varying texture synthesis. However, we couldn't find much on the subject. Thanks. Dave On Dec 19, 9...

simulation of rolling wheel in 2D
Assuming a wheel is rotating on a slip-proof curved surface in 2D. Im converting the angular acceleration to linear acceleration , but what is the direction of the linear acceleration? Is it parallel to the tangent of the surface at the contact point? TIA ...

Re: mechanical system simulation
I don't know much about electromechanical systems, but here are some thoughts. You might find the SigmaDelta example in $PTII/ptolemy/domains/ct/demo/SigmaDelta/SigmaDelta.xml to be of interest. http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/ptolemy/domains/ct/demo/SigmaDelta/SigmaDelta.htm Ptolemy II has a GR domain that is great for visualizing mechanical systems. The bouncing ball demos and the Newton's cradle demos could b of interest. We've been doing a certain amount of work involving Zeno conditions, hopefully more of that work will appear later. ...

2D arrays simulated using lists
Hello, I'm trying to maneuver around some 2D arrays, and I'm going crazy in the meanwhile. Sometimes a certain syntax works, sometimes it doesn't (for accessing elements). Case in point: I have a function called Comparer_Tableaux which does this happily: [...] set NomAgentVieux *** $ListeAgentsParam($idxLigne,0) ***; [...] In an if in that function (which I understand is passed through expr, so it is a special case), it even looks like this: [...] if { [string equal *** ListeActuelleAgentsParam($element,$idxColonne) *** [...] In this bit of code, I can't set the damn array...

2D FDTD Simulation of wave Propagation
HI, is there any matlab implemention of 2D FDTD Simulation of wave Propagation? Thanks, Ravi Yes, I just posted a really simple one on the file exchange. Hope you like it. http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=21000&objectType=FILE "Ravi " <ravi@mathworks.com> wrote in message <g36fgl$jua$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > HI, is there any matlab implemention of 2D FDTD Simulation > of wave Propagation? > > Thanks, > Ravi Hi, I'm looking for a programme to create an 2D FDTD. Could you help me, please? &quo...

WWW::Mechanize
Hey, all. I'm using WWW::Mechanize for the first time because I have been tasked with benchmarking the complete download time for my company's intranet homepage from various branch offices. The problem is that this is a very complex (horrible, ugly) page - multiple frames, images, external CSS files, external javscript files, etc. I've got the frames and images part working successfully, but it seems WWW::Mechanize doesn't have the ability to detect the link and script tags that point to external resources. What's the best way to solve this problem? Do I need to switch...

Simulating 2D 1/f pink noise
On Aug 15, 5:41 am, u...@domain.invalid wrote: > Hi, > > I want to simulate 1/f (pink) noise on an 2D evenly spaced grid. I read > the nice article in scholarpedia about this: > (http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/1/f_noise) and I went through some > of the papers like Gruneis (2001), Milotti (2007), Erland (2007) or > Kaulakys (2007), however I did not understand much of it, especially not > much about stochastic integrals(??). There seem to be many ways to > create 1/f^alpha noise. Milotti even made a program. > > However all these papers resulted in 1D vect...

simulating private member functions--static linkage
I've been thinking of doing things like the following: [tmp]$ cat foo.h struct foo{ int a; void (*init)(struct foo *, int); }; void new_foo(struct foo *self); [tmp]$ cat foo.c #include "foo.h" static void init(struct foo *self, int a) { self->a = a; } void new_foo(struct foo *self) { self->init=init; } [tmp]$ cat a.c #include "foo.h" #include <stdio.h> int main() { struct foo f; new_foo(&f); f.init(&f,10); /* can't call init from foo.c directly, because it was declared static */ } Basically, I'm provi...

2D fdtd acoustic simulation with gaussian source
Hello, i have written the following code for 2D fdtd acoustic simulation. My purpose, is, to put the source in the middle of my grid and then create a wave (with fdtd). Then it will stop before the wave reaches the end of the grid. Something like this example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTNY26TBETY Thank you very much. I will apreciate your answers. %------------------------------------------------ clear; close all; tic %------------------------------------------------ % set global variables SR = 44100; % sampling rate c = 345; % speed of sound in air (m/s) L = [0.87 0.87]; %...

Use mechanism to simulate trayectory given by equation
Hello all, I would like to simulate a parabolic movement (one piece thrown and that moves with gravity), and I have a bucket elevator (buckets moving between two sprokets) moving with uniform velocity. I want to see when an how this piece impacts to the buckets. Somebody has any idea to to that. (I have made all the algebra, I have the equations of movement, and when is the impact, but I would like to have a visual and more complete analysis). Is mechanism useful for that ??. First how to simulate the movement of buckets fixed to a chain that moves between two wheels, and then how...

2D to 1D and back to 2D
Hello together, I have a picture in following format: "496*784 uint 16" This is nice to handle, but I want to have a single array with 388864 Elements, representing the data. Then, I´┐Żll do some Operation to the array. After finnished operation I want to transform the 388864 Elements back to a 2D Array consisting 496*784 Elements. ??? How can this be done with Matlab functions ??? Thank you very much, Kevin Hi there, try 'reshape' and perform your calculation, then reshape back. e.g. a = reshape(x,newN,newM) Yang K.Ostheimer wrote: > > > Hello together, >...

which simulator framework for battlefield simulations
Years ago I used to work on a battlefield simulation program written in FORTRAN. Now I wonder what simulation frameworks are available in C or C++ that would help with a similar task. I have come across adevs (http://www.ece.arizona.edu/~nutaro/index.php) which looks like a possibility. Has anyone any experience developing a simulation using this system? What other open source choices are there please? I am particularly interested in frameworks that incorporate aspects of terrain modelling. Regards, Andrew Marlow I'm afraid, it is not very clear what sort of simulation SW you are look...

HDL Simulator and Current Simulation
Hi! Does anyone know about HDL simulators that are also able to produce some rudimentary current trace derived from the transitions of logic values (and based on some simple RC model or the like)? Thanks for any hints, -Thomas Popp ...

Mechanical Components, Mechanical Equipment
Mechanical Components deliver 3d models of spiral gears and worm wheel gears using 3d modeling software and mechanical equipment in India. Get more information about mechanical component please visit our website at http://www.mechanical3dmodelling.com/ and if any confusion contact us at info@mechanical3dmodelling.com On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Mechanical 3D Modelling wrote: > Mechanical Components deliver 3d models of spiral gears and worm wheel > gears using 3d modeling software and mechanical equipment in India. > > Get more information about mechanical componen...

2D integral of 2D image
Hi all My question concerns signal processing data. Basically taking a 2D integral of a 2D image. I have a 64x64 pixel 2D image read into a two dimensional array of 64x64 cells. Each cell in the array has a number corresponding to the 'intensity' of the signal in each corresponding pixel, with the value of 0 in the cells of the array where it respective pixel has no signal. The image has a centrally located roughly circular area with signal intensity that's above 0, the 'surrounding' outer areas have signal intensity of 0. (It's actually a CT image of a transverse se...

Soccer career simulator with 2D match: Championship Soccer 2004/05
The soccer career simulator 'Championship Soccer 2004/05' goes into the next round. The main goal of Championship Soccer is to offer a comprehensive simulation of a dynamic soccer world. In a world of ~30.000 other soccer players you can start your own career as a 16 years old prospect at your favourite local team. You can choose what position you want to play, goalkeeper, sweeper, defender, defensive midfield, midfield, offensive midfield, winger, forward and other details about your player (age, hair colour, starting reputation etc.). Then you will get random startin...