2D to 3D converter .dxf to .sldprt

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi Users,
     I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?

- Victoria Ong
0
Reply vcat2k 2/29/2008 11:29:23 PM

See related articles to this posting

<vcat2k@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Users,
>     I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
> solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
> automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?
>
> - Victoria Ong

SW loads a DXF or DWG file and then Converts it to a base sketch.

Bob

0
Reply sycochkn 3/1/2008 12:42:06 AM

On 1 maalis, 01:29, vca...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Users,
>      I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
> solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
> automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?
>
> - Victoria Ong

There's "2D to 3D" tools in SW. They can be used to create simple
parts out of 2D data (dxf/dwg)

Markku
0
Reply Markku 3/1/2008 3:52:25 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14477 articles. 55 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

convert 2D dxf file into 3D solid model
Hello, The company Melles Griot provides 2D .dxf drawing files for its opto-mechanical parts. I want to be able to see how the parts fit together in a Solid Works assembly before purchasing them. I'm trying to import the dxf files into Solid Works, but they remain as 2D drawings (with multiple layers and colours). Does anyone know if I can somehow convert a 2D .dxf drawing into a 3D solid model (.sldprt file)? Thanks, Dr. Zaius If you have SolidWorks check out the helpfile <2D to 3D Conversion Overview> If not here's it says (briefly)............... The 2D sketch can be an...

save as .dxf or convert .sldprt to .dxf
Hi, I want to save a part in .dxf file format so that I can open it in another program that can guide a cnc router to cut the part. Solidworks doesn't seem to be able to save as a dxf. Is there any free/ cheap way of doing this? Thanks, Adam create a drawing of the part. drawing's can be saved as dxf/dwg. A macro can do this for you automatically. If you do a search for macros, i'm sure you will find one. Brian Adam Chapman wrote: > Hi, > > I want to save a part in .dxf file format so that I can open it in > another program that can guide a cnc router to cu...

Converting 2D to 3D
Hi, I would like to convert a 2d image to a 3d The one the Stanford and Cornell recently worked on. They have also provide the codes, but I am not sure how should I execute them. Please let me know... You can get the codes from here: http://make3d.cs.cornell.edu/code.html Click under : Make3D v0.1 (Windows) Thanks in advance. Regards, Vijay. "Vijay " <vijay.easwari@gmail.com> wrote in message news:j3tqii$llh$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > I would like to convert a 2d image to a 3d The one the Stanford and > Cornell recently worked...

Convert From 3D to 2D
Anyone know how to convert a image from 3D to 2D? Thanks ...

3D to 2D convertion
Hi, I have a 3D matrix called timemat(240,5,48) and I want to convert it to 2D timemat(11520,5) meaning that the 48 items of timemat will be listed one under the other in rows.(11520=240x48) Thanks. "Theo" wrote in message <ivhnro$nsu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > I have a 3D matrix called timemat(240,5,48) and I want to convert it to 2D timemat(11520,5) meaning that the 48 items of timemat will be listed one under the other in rows.(11520=240x48) > > Thanks. This might be what you want, reshape( permute(timemat,[1 3 2]), [] ,5); ...

Converting 2D to 3D
Hi there, Does anyone know of a company in the UK (or indeed software) that can convert 2D autocad Drawings into 3D AutoCad Drawings? We use Navis Works to view 3D drawings sent by clients, but we have very little knowledge of AutoCad 3D. A Client has just sent us 50 or so 2D drawings - We would like them in 3D so that we can use NavisWorks for presentations etc..... Many Thank, Paul. "hutchini" <phutchinson@linacre.co.uk> wrote in message news:1152198425.296341.58950@a14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Does anyone know o...

Convert 2D to 3D
I have a 3d array, A(l,m,n). I converted it into a stack like format by getting rid of the l and m parameters to get a new array B(l*m, n). This was done using reshape(A,[], n). How do i convert B back to the same format as A? "Naveen " <e635548@drdrb.com> wrote in message <ldu71s$qpi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a 3d array, A(l,m,n). I converted it into a stack like format by getting rid of the l and m parameters to get a new array B(l*m, n). > This was done using reshape(A,[], n). > How do i convert B back to the same format as A? - - - - - -...

Converting 2D to 3D
Hi there, Does anyone know of a company in the UK (or indeed software) that can convert 2D autocad Drawings into 3D AutoCad Drawings? We use Navis Works to view 3D drawings sent by clients, but we have very little knowledge of AutoCad 3D. A Client has just sent us 50 or so 2D drawings - We would like them in 3D so that we can use NavisWorks for presentations etc..... Many Thank, Paul. use Bentley Microstation - very good and simple to use in 3d what will te circle object is after you convert 2d to 3d? do you acomplish this via API or use 3rdpart softwar...

Convert from 2D to 3D
Does anybody know if AutoCAD can automatically convert a 2D drawing (i.e. top view, side view, front view) into 3D solid drawing? Of course we can do it manually according to the dimension of 2D drawing. But I think since 2D drawing already included all the information we need, it should be possible to do it automatically. Thanks in advance. Rentian No, it can't. 3D models are totally different animals than simple 2D drawings. ___ "Rentian Xiong" <gtg101p@mail.gatech.edu> wrote in message news:css1vl$eaj$1@news-int.gatech.edu... > Does anybody...

Converting a 2D shape in 3D
Hi, I'm doing a 2D shape with some polygons and I need to give it some profundity. It's something like doing a rectangle and then giving to it some profundity to covert it in a cube. Thanks, ...

how to convert a 2D image into 3D
Hello all matlab users I am working on image processing tool of matlab I need an algorithm written in matlab to convert the 2D image into 3D image. Is there any body to help me. hi have you converted the 2d image to 3d. i too need the algorithm in matlab "Muhammad Idrees" <idrees_engineer@mathworks.com> wrote in message <flklnn$94v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello all matlab users > > I am working on image processing tool of matlab > > I need an algorithm written in matlab to convert the 2D > image into 3D image. > > Is there any body ...

convert figure from 2d to 3d
Hi, i am trying to plot a figure which looks like two exponential curves back to back, which lie on top of a circle. I hav it in two dimensions but i am haviong problems putting it in 3 dimensions. The code i have so far is as follow: x = 0 : 1 : limit; y= 56 - sqrt(56.^2 - (sqrt(56.^2 - (56 - 6).^2) - x).^2); plot(x,y); hold on; x = -limit : 1 :0 ; y= 56 - sqrt(56.^2 - (sqrt(56.^2 - (56 - 6).^2) + x).^2); plot(x,y); hold on; x_circle = limit*cos([0:10:360]*pi/180); y_circle = limit*sin([0:10:360]*pi/180); plot(x_circle,y_circle); Can u help? Kim. Kim Hortez wrote: > > > Hi, > ...

Convert 2D images to 3D
hi, I have a set of 2D images, if you overlay these images it wold form a object. Now instead of forming a 2D object I would like to rotate each frames with their respective angles and form a 3D image. Is it possible in Matlab. On Jul 28, 7:45=A0am, "Bejoy Thomas" <bejoy.tho...@yahoo.in> wrote: > hi, > > I have a set of 2D images, if you overlay these images it wold form a obj= ect. Now instead of forming a 2D object I would like to rotate each frames = with their respective angles and form a 3D image. Is it possible in Matlab. --------------------------------------...

convert 3D matrix into 2D
Hi, i still cant find a way to convert a 3 dimension matrix (1x10x3) into 2 dimension matrix (10x3), is there any function in matlab that can solve my problem instead of creating my own code to solve it? thx for your responds :) "husnul khotimah" <uus_16a2@yahoo.com> wrote in message <hgi6o8$bqs$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, i still cant find a way to convert a 3 dimension matrix (1x10x3) into 2 dimension matrix (10x3), is there any function in matlab that can solve my problem instead of creating my own code to solve it? SQUEEZE RESHAPE Bruno thats really...

Convert 2D image to 3D
Hello, I'm trying to convert a 2D image into 3D image by taking different images from different angle and combine them together...However, I couldn't combine the images to form a 3D image please advice.. Notice: for example: I want to convert a square 2D into a box 3D, so I took 2D images from different angles, but I couldn't combine them to form the box what function shall I use to do it. ...

Convert 3D images to 2D
Hi everyone, I want to apply the "roicolor" function. A sample goes like this load clown BW = roicolor(X,10,20); imshow(X,map) figure,imshow(BW) However, I have a 3D image and when I try to apply this function it says Error using ==> roicolor at 42 Images with dimensions greater than two are not supported. So how can I convert my 3D image to 2D. Thanks in advance You can use either sum() or mean() to project the 3D image along one dimension (axis). ...

converting 2D image to 3D
hi! i have been reading a lot of papers of blanz and vetter for my face recognition thesis work. they are some how inputting a 2D image and generating 3D morphable models for face recognition. my search on google is yielding only softwares like autocad etc and no specific algo or any resource which could teach me how to go about such a conversion. can any one guide me? thank you in advance! ...

regording 2d to 3d converter
hi friends i am looking for the 2d to 3d converter algorthim or java code.. i am currently doing the project in the 2d to 3d images covertion process its need to provide the required books or related websites i hopes friends will provide the solution thanking you worms and regords kesavan On Mar 16, 4:50 am, e.s.kesa...@gmail.com wrote: > hi > friends i am looking for the 2d to 3d converter algorthim or java > code.. > i am currently doing the project in the 2d to 3d images covertion > process > its need to provide the required books or related websites > i hopes friends...

Convert 2D graph into 3D
Hello, Can anyone tell me any way to convert 2D graph into 3D? I am generating figure and using pcolor() right now and I have to create 3D using the same code. Thanks. On Nov 1, 5:02=A0pm, "Pam" <smithpam...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Can anyone tell me any way to convert 2D graph into 3D? I am generating f= igure and using pcolor() right now and I have to create 3D using the same c= ode. > > Thanks. Try mesh() instead of pcolor(). ...

convert 3d array to 2d
I have some RGB image matrices, so size gives something like [20035 44367 3]. Is there a simple command to convert this to a 2d array, of size [(20035*44367),3]? At the moment I am extracting 3 matrices, using commands like A2=A(:,:,2), and then using A2(:). But I may be doing something unnecessarily elaborate. Thanks David Well depends how much info you want to save about your data, but you can covert a 3 layer RGB into a 1 layer gray scale using the 'rgb2gray' function "David Epstein" <dbae@maths.REMOVE.warwick.ac.uk> wrote: >I have some RGB image matrices, so s...

Convert 3d to 2d Matrix
Hi, I have the following question and would highly appreciate your advice! I have a 3d matrix from which I take several averages etc. In some cases the result is a matrix of the following format: eg. A(1,4,8). Matlab displays this as a 3d matrix, but it is actually a 2d one. Is there a nice way to convert this to a 2d matrix (such as A(4,8))? Thanks for your help! Felix help squeeze Felix Zeidler wrote: > > > Hi, > > I have the following question and would highly appreciate your > advice! > > I have a 3d matrix from which I take several averages etc. In some &g...

2D to 3D Survey Converter
Hi all. Its a little late, but theres a new tool on the block so to speak. http://www.TopoGX.com Its able to load DXF surveys (both 2D and/or 3D). The 3D ones are automatically triangulated...no user input required...Then viewable in realtime in 3D in its own OpenGL 3D window using the mouse in a similar way to Google Earth. Its party piece, is to convert 2D Surveys accurately (well as accurately as a human could) into 3D using DXF point entities or Block Inserts close to each Ascii text as the levels insertion points. No longer do you need to use a set (x,y) offset from ev...

Convert 3D image to 2D image
Can anyone here provide the way for converting 3D image to 2D image? 3D image detail: size =432 x 518 x 3 10q~~~ "- -" <wai_khee@hotamil.com> wrote in message <hpnbc9$c2o$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Can anyone here provide the way for converting 3D image to 2D image? > 3D image detail: size =432 x 518 x 3 The 3rd dimension represents intensity in the red, green, and blue domains. In converting to 2D you will remove this information and so the image will contain only intensity information and no colour. The easiest thing you could do is take the mean inte...

How to convert 3D data to 2D array?
I want to distribute the 3D LiDAR data ( X Y Z I)to a horizontal two-dimensional array of appropriate size, in which each cell is filled with the 3D coordinates of the highest occurring data point at that position. I want keep the original 3D information in each cell. I do not want to interpolate or down-sample the data during this process. Can any one suggest a method to implement this? It will be highly helpful if you can provide me with some sample MATLAB codes. "Sandeep Sasidharan" <gr8sandeep@gmail.com> wrote in message <jeabfc$t59$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>......