2D to 3D converter .dxf to .sldprt

Hi Users,
     I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?

- Victoria Ong
0
vcat2k
2/29/2008 11:29:23 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

<vcat2k@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Users,
>     I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
> solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
> automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?
>
> - Victoria Ong

SW loads a DXF or DWG file and then Converts it to a base sketch.

Bob

0
sycochkn
3/1/2008 12:42:06 AM
On 1 maalis, 01:29, vca...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Users,
>      I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
> solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
> automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?
>
> - Victoria Ong

There's "2D to 3D" tools in SW. They can be used to create simple
parts out of 2D data (dxf/dwg)

Markku
0
Markku

convert 2D dxf file into 3D solid model
Hello, The company Melles Griot provides 2D .dxf drawing files for its opto-mechanical parts. I want to be able to see how the parts fit together in a Solid Works assembly before purchasing them. I'm trying to import the dxf files into Solid Works, but they remain as 2D drawings (with multiple layers and colours). Does anyone know if I can somehow convert a 2D .dxf drawing into a 3D solid model (.sldprt file)? Thanks, Dr. Zaius If you have SolidWorks check out the helpfile <2D to 3D Conversion Overview> If not here's it says (briefly)............... The 2D sketch can be an...

save as .dxf or convert .sldprt to .dxf
Hi, I want to save a part in .dxf file format so that I can open it in another program that can guide a cnc router to cut the part. Solidworks doesn't seem to be able to save as a dxf. Is there any free/ cheap way of doing this? Thanks, Adam create a drawing of the part. drawing's can be saved as dxf/dwg. A macro can do this for you automatically. If you do a search for macros, i'm sure you will find one. Brian Adam Chapman wrote: > Hi, > > I want to save a part in .dxf file format so that I can open it in > another program that can guide a cnc router to cu...

2D / 3D CAD Import .NET: DWG, DXF, PLT 6
CAD Import .NET is an easy-to-use API for reading AutoCAD DWG / DXF, PLT, HPGL and CGM in C#, VB.NET, J# and Delphi .NET applications. DWG 2007/2008 is supported. It is programmed completely in C# and supports the following entities: 3dFace Arc Attdef Block BlockRecord Circle Dimension Ellipse Hatch Insert Layer Layout Line LWPolyline MText TableItem Polyline Solid Style Table Text Viewport and more.. And properties: Extrusion LineType Color 3D rotation and more.. The package consists of demos for C#, VB.NET, J#, along with help and license information...

2D to 3D conversion of simple CAD drawing (DXF or PDF or JPG)
In another thread, my first task is to edit this simple CAD drawing on Windows using freeware, where one original is in DWG and the other is in PDF. http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11733040/img/11733040.jpg The second task I have after being able to edit in 2D, is to see if I can then convert the edited results into rotatable 3D. What's a good freeware 2D to 3D conversion program once I have the above DWG or PDF diagram in DXF? Jim wrote: > http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/11733040/img/11733040.jpg > What's a good freeware 2D to 3D conversion program...

2D / 3D CAD Import .NET: DWG, DXF, PLT 6.3
CAD Import .NET is a library for smart CAD developing in Microsoft Visual Studio. It contains managed code only and displays drawings with GDI+ methods. CAD Import .NET is a powerful tool for integration of CAD into DBMS, drawings analysis, vector graphics processing and monitoring systems development. The library provides wide capabilities for cost calculation for the necessary equipment by its drawings. Supported formats: - DWG (including 2008); all DXF ASCII; HPGL (PLT, HGL, HG, PRN, SPL); CGM - TIFF, BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF - WMF, EMF, EMF+ Drawing segments processing: - Selecti...

2D / 3D CAD Import .NET: DWG, DXF, PLT 8.0
CAD Import .NET is a library for smart CAD developing in Microsoft Visual Studio. It contains managed code only and displays drawings with GDI+ methods. CAD Import .NET is a powerful tool for integration of CAD into DBMS, drawings analysis, vector graphics processing and monitoring systems development. The library provides wide capabilities for cost calculation for the necessary equipment by its drawings. Supported formats: - AutoCAD DWG, DXF - Hewlett-Packard: HPGL, HGL, HG, PRN, SPL - Windows metafile: EMF, WMF - All popular raster drawings, such as TIFF, BMP, JPG and GIF - Comp...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specificatio...

Solidworks Models, Solidworks 3D Modeling and CAD Design Samples
Offering effective Solidworks 3D Modeling services and samples for various mechanical engineering needs at affordable rates! COS services is a preferred choice of Mechanical engineers, Manufacturers and Electrical contractors for reliable and economical Solidworks 3D Modeling services. We assist you in producing hi- quality, detailed, realistic 3D models of your mechanical product from existing 2D drawing & hand-drawn sketches. Our 3D solidworks modeling service deal with all aspects of mechanical engineering and various phases of project from tender submission, analysis to final...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

2D Colorscale with static position in 3D Enviroment (3D CAD Software)
Greetings! This is my first post here, so please be patient with me ;) I'd like to display a colored 2D scale with OpenGL in a 3D Cad Software. The problem is, that I don't know how to keep the position of this scale, when rotating or zooming the model. The scale should be showed permanently at the bottom of the Modelview Window, no matter, what I am doing in the modelview window. Since my knowledge in math got lost in the years after school, i could not find a conclusion on myself. I'm an OpenGL Beginner, too (as you might see). So, how should i have to deal with the modelview ma...

Converting 2D to 3D
Hi there, Does anyone know of a company in the UK (or indeed software) that can convert 2D autocad Drawings into 3D AutoCad Drawings? We use Navis Works to view 3D drawings sent by clients, but we have very little knowledge of AutoCad 3D. A Client has just sent us 50 or so 2D drawings - We would like them in 3D so that we can use NavisWorks for presentations etc..... Many Thank, Paul. "hutchini" <phutchinson@linacre.co.uk> wrote in message news:1152198425.296341.58950@a14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Does anyone know o...

3D to 2D convertion
Hi, I have a 3D matrix called timemat(240,5,48) and I want to convert it to 2D timemat(11520,5) meaning that the 48 items of timemat will be listed one under the other in rows.(11520=240x48) Thanks. "Theo" wrote in message <ivhnro$nsu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > I have a 3D matrix called timemat(240,5,48) and I want to convert it to 2D timemat(11520,5) meaning that the 48 items of timemat will be listed one under the other in rows.(11520=240x48) > > Thanks. This might be what you want, reshape( permute(timemat,[1 3 2]), [] ,5); ...

Convert 2D to 3D
I have a 3d array, A(l,m,n). I converted it into a stack like format by getting rid of the l and m parameters to get a new array B(l*m, n). This was done using reshape(A,[], n). How do i convert B back to the same format as A? "Naveen " <e635548@drdrb.com> wrote in message <ldu71s$qpi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I have a 3d array, A(l,m,n). I converted it into a stack like format by getting rid of the l and m parameters to get a new array B(l*m, n). > This was done using reshape(A,[], n). > How do i convert B back to the same format as A? - - - - - -...

Converting 2D to 3D
Hi, I would like to convert a 2d image to a 3d The one the Stanford and Cornell recently worked on. They have also provide the codes, but I am not sure how should I execute them. Please let me know... You can get the codes from here: http://make3d.cs.cornell.edu/code.html Click under : Make3D v0.1 (Windows) Thanks in advance. Regards, Vijay. "Vijay " <vijay.easwari@gmail.com> wrote in message news:j3tqii$llh$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hi, > I would like to convert a 2d image to a 3d The one the Stanford and > Cornell recently worked...

Web resources about - 2D to 3D converter .dxf to .sldprt - comp.cad.solidworks

Coupon-eligible converter box - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In March 2005, United States House Commerce Committee chairman Joe Barton of Texas said he would introduce a bill requiring the transition to ...

iCurrency Pad ~ Currency Converter & Exchange Rates on the App Store on iTunes
Get iCurrency Pad ~ Currency Converter & Exchange Rates on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Freemake Video Converter gains drag and drop support
Freemake Video Converter is a great media conversion tool with a pile of features, and just one small but annoying omission. No drag and drop ...

Amazon deal: Converter turns seven types of film into digital
... old film school projects from back in the day, but you don't have a film projector. The solution is simple: You should get a digital film converter ...

New catalytic converter could fix US cars: VW CEO
Volkswagen will propose to U.S. authorities a new catalytic converter system that could be fitted to about 430,000 cars.

VW wants to fix emissions cheating with catalytic converters
Volkswagen has already promised to recall US vehicles caught up in its emissions cheating scandal, but how is it actually going to fix most of ...

VW hopes catalytic converter can fix cars
German carmaker has devised tool that will make vehicles compliant with US clean air rules

GeekWire Deals: Charge your phone off your one-port MacBook with this little converter
The newest iteration of the MacBook is a glorious thing. It’s thin, light and has a great screen. But its single USB-C port is a bit of a letdown ...

Dos2Unix Text file format converters
Win32-OpenSSH - Win32 port of OpenSSH

VW: Catalytic Converter Fix To Be Proposed To U.S. Authorities
Volkswagen has developed a fix for vehicles affected by its massive emissions scandal in the United States.