2D to 3D converter .dxf to .sldprt

Hi Users,
     I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?

- Victoria Ong
0
vcat2k
2/29/2008 11:29:23 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 56 followers. Post Follow

<vcat2k@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Users,
>     I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
> solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
> automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?
>
> - Victoria Ong

SW loads a DXF or DWG file and then Converts it to a base sketch.

Bob

0
sycochkn
3/1/2008 12:42:06 AM
On 1 maalis, 01:29, vca...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Users,
>      I was wondering if there was a way to import .dxf files such that
> solidworks will create a 3D model for you. Is there a program that can
> automatically take a 2-D drawing and make it a 3-D solid?
>
> - Victoria Ong

There's "2D to 3D" tools in SW. They can be used to create simple
parts out of 2D data (dxf/dwg)

Markku
0
Markku

problem with projected 3D curve in sw2004
I doing a 3d tube model similar to many others I've done before, but this is one of the first in sw2004. I tried this in sp3 & sp4 with same results. I do quite a few tube layouts this way and I'm worried that the 3d curve function may be glitchy in sw2004. Curve1 would usually be used for a 3d sketch with fillets, etc to make a swept tube. As the file looks now, the general 3D form of Curve1 is a U-shape with downward & inward pointing end segments. While editing the 2d sketches used for projecting Curve1, I noticed some failures (there's actually a bunch of ways to ma...

converting double to int
#include <iostream> #include <ostream> int main() { ::std::cout << int( 2.6 )<< '\n'; ::std::cout << int{ 2.6 }<< '\n'; ::std::cout << ( int )2.6 << '\n'; ::std::cout << static_cast< int >( 2.6 )<< '\n'; } Under which circumstances is which way of the above to convert a double to an int the best style? Are there any differences in the semantics above? Is there yet another way to write the conversion? PS: Oh yeah: the int{} notation forbids narrowing! I shou...

from 3D scattered data to a 3D grid plot?
Hello guys, I have a data table/matrix made of 3 columns (no function, only raw values): - the column 1 contains x=n coordinates - the column 2 contains y=n coordinates - the column 3 contains z=n temperatures So I could visualize the temperature (z) of a model as a function of the coordinates (x,y) in the model. My ultimate goal is to create a temperature's cartography with Matlab. Until now, I only managed to obtain a scattering visualization of the data using the following command: >> load data.dat c1 = data(:,1); % Data at intersection 1 c2 = data(:,2); % Data at i...

using textread to read in data to a 2D array
I have data files that are: 34 columns a heck of a lot of rows! I need to read in the data (skipping the first 14 lines of header) to an array. I do have a way to do this, but I have found that it slows down on my large files. What I've done and it works, is: temp = textread(filename, '%f', 'headerlines', numOfHeaderLines) -- for i = 1:(size(temp)/34) for j = 1:34 dat(i,j) = temp(34*(i-1)+j); end end -- This reads in all the data to a 1D array of an enourmous length and then converts it to the 34 column 2D array....

Writing 2D content to a Canvas3D
What is the best way to write static 2D data to a Canvas3D? For example, if I wanted to draw a title centered at the top of my screen (which would be positioned relative to the dimensions of it's AWT container rather than scene geometry), what would be the best way to do this? Reading through the docs has left me confused as to the best way to do this. Mark McKay -- http://www.kitfox.com ...

Using std::stringstream to convert a char to int
I wrote the following function as a curiosity: template<typename SourceType, typename DestinationType> DestinationType NumericCast(const SourceType& value) { std::wstringstream strbuf; strbuf << value << std::endl ; strbuf.flush(); DestinationType convalue; strbuf >> convalue; return convalue; } This works fine for all numeric types such as int to long, long to float etc. However, I tried the following: NumericCast<char, int>('c'); This...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Managerial_Accounting=3A_Decision_Making_and_Motivatin?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?g_Performance_Plus_NEW_MyAccountingLab_with_Pearson_eText_=2D=2D?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_Access_Card_Package=2C_1=2FE=2
! ! ! TEST BANKS, SOLUTION MANUALS, INSTRUCTOR MANUALS, CASE SOLUTIONS, POW= ER POINT SLIDES ! ! ! Hello Everybody, To get the Solution manuals and Test banks just email me with your book det= ails. My e-mail address is: testbankandsm@xxxxxxxxx, testbankandsm(at)gmail(dot)c= om. Please replace (at) by @ and (dot) by .=20 If you need Test banks and Solution manuals, email to me.=20 http://testbankandsm.blogspot.in/ Reply time: Within 6 hours, If online, immediately!!!! Delivery time: Within 12- 24 hours. If online, immediately after payment ve= rification!!!!!!!!! Having...

I cant get 3d accel on X using Radeon 9200 SE
Hi. I cant get 3d accelaration in X. My computer is: CPU - Athlon 2600+ MotherBoard - Assus with NFORCE2 chipset Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 9200 SE Kernel - 2.6.3-7mdk My XF86Config-4 is (i only will show the necessary information): Section "Module" Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension Load "v4l" # Video for Linux Load "extmod" Load "type1" Load "freetype" Load "glx" # 3D layer Load "dri" # direct rendering EndSection Section "DRI" Mode 0666 EndS...

Re: convert in Proc Sql letters to Uppercase
Arto, Of course it doesn't work with "ink jet printers" because there is nothing in the code to handle multiple words in your code. If you must use SQL then the only way I now how to do it is use a neat little macro by Paul Dorfman which generates the proper set of nested function calls based on the TRANWRD function and testing for " " followed by letter. (I always wondered when and why this trick might become essential.) Either redevelop it, find it in the archives (probably posted between 1 and 3 years ago), or ask him directly to give it to you. IanWhitlock@west...

Spaceball
Hi, I Have a Spaceball 3003 FLX. About every 3/4 times when windows starts up I get this error: 3D Dcvice Not Found The device indicated in the registry could not be found. Press Retry to have the driver search for a device. Press Cancel to abort the 3DxWare driver The only way I can get the spaceball working is by restarting the computer (sometimes several times) Some info: When starting up windows the spaceball beeps a couple of times. Windows 2000 SP4 Solidworks 2004 SP03 3DxWare driver ver. 3.5.15 3DxSolidworks addin ver 2.4.0 I had this same spaceball and the same problem. I'v...

How to pass 2D array to sub function and return 2D array?
Hi all, I want to pass 2D array to sub function and return 2D array. //-------------------------- For example, use strict; use warnings; my @array=([1,2,3],[4,5,6],[7,8,9]); my $array_ref = \@array; $array_r = increase_array_element($array_ref); sub increase_array_element { //recover the 2D array my @array_tmp = @{$array_ref}; print $array_tmp[2][2]; return \@array_tmp; } //------------------------- But it seems the compile did not think @array_tmp is a 2D array? Thanks! Davy "Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154593889.794457.16810@m79...

Applying Extrude to 3D text removes Bevels
Once I apply extrude so that the text has more depth - the bevels that I created dissapear and I cannot get them back unless I remove the Extrude modifier. Is there a workaround? extrude first, then select the faces to bevel. <kevin> wrote in message news:bgvmfvonh5t08kgvja258pgkobomv26aeg@4ax.com... > Once I apply extrude so that the text has more depth - the bevels that > I created dissapear and I cannot get them back unless I remove the > Extrude modifier. > > Is there a workaround? ...

Iteration in 2D
Hello, I am now setting up a 2D array (3X200) and want to do a finite differencing. I know how to iterate in 1D but the array that I have now looks like this. [Ai,j Ai,j+1 Ai,j+2 Ai+1,j Ai+1,j+1 Ai+1,j+2 ------------------------------------ ------------------------------------ ----------------------------------- Ai+200,j Ai+200,j+1 Ai+200,j+2] How do I iterate in 2D so that the finite differencing can be done using a while statement? Thanks, Mahesh You can iterate in N dimensions as the same way as you iterate in 1D. For example: array=FIN...

COB2HTML COBOL to HTML converter
This small java tool creates a PERFORM calling tree and a Syntax highlighted HTML output. Download: http://cob2html.de/download/cobol-to-html-converter In COBOL forum you can find some "Lost treasures Code examples, libs, utilities, tips and tricks" ...

Free Java 3D Game: MatelBeasts
Good news! You can download free Java 3D game from http://www.AZEW.com ...

3D simulation of cylinder
hi everybody i want simulate the rotation of a cylinder around X-axis with different speeds using m-file for example: Times = [t1 t2 t3 ... tn]; Speeds = [s1 s2 s3 ... sn]; but in the body properties we don't have the speed variation function but only angles; like shown below; for i = 1:n cylinder.rotate(AngleX,0,0,1);%cylinder.rotate(AngleX,AngleY,AngleZ,1); end; any idea in how simulate the rotation rates???????? thank's ...

Lattice types in 2d ising model
Hi Some time ago now I wrote a simple program in C++ to simulate the 2d ising model on a square lattice which could calculate various quantities such as specific heat capacity and so on. I started thinking about this code again recently and thought that I might like to extend it a little. For example I was considering altering the lattice from the square one that everyone seems to do to a triangular one. I am sure that this has been done before and I was wondering if anyone out there knows if I would see any different physics - such as will the transition temperature change and so on. The...

Joining 2d points
Hi, I have set of 2D points Pi(x,y), i=1.....n. I want to join all of them, so that total distance between them is going to be minimal. erazem Erazem Polutnik wrote: > Hi, > I have set of 2D points Pi(x,y), i=1.....n. I want to join all of them, so > that total distance between them is going to be minimal. "Travelling salesman problem". Google. Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock Sounds more like a minimum spanning tree problem... Arash Partow __________________________________________________ Be one who knows what they don't know, Instead of being one who knows not w...

2D
Does anyone here think that Civ3, riding on the back of a franchise, and Commandos III, are the last hand-drawn, 2D games that were deemed worthy of implementation? I hope not. A third dimension can be merry hell to program and quite humiliating if it plays no special role in your game. I'd like to implement a game that looks like a cross between Age of Empires and The Sims, and, professional though the tech demo looks, I really don't see anything with a similar 2D look to it on the market. Any thoughts? Do you think anyone would look at Age of Empires now and instantl...

How to convert Array of Cluster to Spreadsheet file

How to pass an image to a 2D array using Matlab MEX
I want to read some image to run a C++ MEX function to process this image. The image is originally stored as a Matlab 3D matrix, and then converted to a 2D matrix and each slice of the image is stored as a 1D vector. Here is some example codes below. 1. The MEX function: include "mex.h" void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { unsigned int** ubuff; size_t col_ubuff = mxGetN(prhs[0]); size_t row_ubuff = mxGetM(prhs[0]); ubuff = (unsigned int **)mxCalloc(col_ubuff, row_ubuff); for(int x = 0; x < col_ubuff;...

2D to 1D and back to 2D
Hello together, I have a picture in following format: "496*784 uint 16" This is nice to handle, but I want to have a single array with 388864 Elements, representing the data. Then, I�ll do some Operation to the array. After finnished operation I want to transform the 388864 Elements back to a 2D Array consisting 496*784 Elements. ??? How can this be done with Matlab functions ??? Thank you very much, Kevin Hi there, try 'reshape' and perform your calculation, then reshape back. e.g. a = reshape(x,newN,newM) Yang K.Ostheimer wrote: > > > Hello together, >...

plot a matrix in 3D
hi, I am having a m x n matrix of 275 x 275. where m is the number of scanned frame and n is the actual data. I am scanning an object by a laser and detecting the edges and storing the radius component in the column of the matrix. The object I am scanning is somewhat like cylinder. but the radius keeps changing. so each frame has different values. I tried to plot matrix by cylinder function but the radius is overlooked by the largest one of all the frames. is there anyway i could plot the object in 3d with varying radius. ...

Looking for how to model 3D objects in 2D relational databases
Hi - I am looking for sources of any kind that have to do with modelling objects, specifically organic molecules and are 3D, in a 2D relational database. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks, Doug C. Doug C wrote: > Hi - I am looking for sources of any kind that have to do with > modelling objects, specifically organic molecules and are 3D, in a 2D > relational database. Can anyone suggest anything? The first thing you need to observe is that relational databases are not 2D. A dimension is a measure independent of any other dimensions. The columns of a relational t...

Convert Mac file to PC
I have a very old Macintosh LCII computer with one remaining file on Claris FileMaker Pro v1.0. I would like to move this to my PC and scrap the Mac. I have FM 4.0 on the PC but to convert the v1.0 file to FM 4.0 (which I have), requires v2.0. Is there some other way to accomplish this? The Mac does not have a modem. TIA Hi, I have all FMP versions. So send me your files (privately) and I'll do that for you. Remi-Noel 'rnmenegaux AT free.fr' (of course replace ' AT ' by @) "Sudy Nim" <pseudonym@noplace.com> a �crit dans le message de news:9R0Rj.1332...