Bounding Box

Using SW3
I have two questions for consideration.
Thank you to all are kind enough to offer help.

1)  Since SW is smart enough to automatically create a bounding box around a
component, is there a way to access and use the size of this box for a BOM
Material Size entry? Right now I am linking each xyz dim to a Special
Property.

2) Can a macro be written that will link a part on sheet 2,3,etc. to the BOM
Item# on sheet 1? If so, I would like to discuss $$ for someone to do it for
me.

This is why:
I always use multiple sheets and include an informational Block with each of
several  items detailed on the sheet (usually four to six Items per sheet).
I have been able to do some very nice linking to Custom Properties for the
Name and Material of each Item, but I also want to include the Quantity and
BOM Item# of the part.

This is how I think it could be done.
If the Item# and Quantity can be determined by a spread sheet that looks at
the assembly Feature Manager tree, then, is it not possible to also link
that data to an updateable (replaceable) Custom Property for each Item of
the assembly?

0
alluvium1
9/21/2003 2:55:33 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Were you, by any chance, at the combined Chicago,Milwaukee, Rockford,
SolidWorks user group meeting that happened last Thursday?  This exact
question came up in a roundtable discussion.
Some guy said it could be done with a macro, with a command like 'Getbox'.
Maybe someone else who was in attendance will chime in with a more lucid
recollection.

"alluvium1" <alluvium1@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Using SW3
> I have two questions for consideration.
> Thank you to all are kind enough to offer help.
>
> 1)  Since SW is smart enough to automatically create a bounding box around
> component, is there a way to access and use the size of this box for a BOM
> Material Size entry? Right now I am linking each xyz dim to a Special
> Property.
>
> 2) Can a macro be written that will link a part on sheet 2,3,etc. to the
BOM
> Item# on sheet 1? If so, I would like to discuss $$ for someone to do it
for
> me.
>
> This is why:
> I always use multiple sheets and include an informational Block with each
of
> several  items detailed on the sheet (usually four to six Items per
sheet).
> I have been able to do some very nice linking to Custom Properties for the
> Name and Material of each Item, but I also want to include the Quantity
and
> BOM Item# of the part.
>
> This is how I think it could be done.
> If the Item# and Quantity can be determined by a spread sheet that looks
at
> the assembly Feature Manager tree, then, is it not possible to also link
> that data to an updateable (replaceable) Custom Property for each Item of
> the assembly?

0
Edward
9/21/2003 3:41:39 PM
The bounding box calculated by SW is for display purposes, and is rather
approximate, IIRC. I do seem to remember that someone had written a macro
to calculate this accurately. Two problems: I don't know where to find this
macro, and you'd have to make sure that all your parts are aligned to the
basic planes of each part.

The method we've adopted give is the finished material size in a custome
property. Place three reference dimensions on the part, then create a
"stock" custom property link to these dimensions. It's a little extra work,
but there it is.

As for getting item number and qty out to the individual part views, Solid
Solutions Magazine (www.solidmag.com) has a monthly macro feature. One of
those monthly macros does just this, but it has limitations and will need
to be altered for your company's practices.

In short, your needs can be met by macros, but I don't know of any complete
solutions. Unfortunately, I'm also not competent to provide you with such
macros myself.

--
Dale Dunn
Design Engineer

http://www.minbbox.com

Otherwise, it's a question which has come up...

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O19F656F5
http://makeashorterlink.com/?X6DF216F5

Paul
9/21/2003 6:22:46 PM
Bob Hanson Wrote:

I was the one who mentioned that it can be done.

I mentioned that it can be done using a macro feature.

Feel free to contact me directly for more information.

Best Regards,

--
Bob Hanson
CEO

SolidWorks 2003 World User
Conference Exhibitor Booth #407

"alluvium1" <alluvium1@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Using SW3
> I have two questions for consideration.
> Thank you to all are kind enough to offer help.
>
> 1)  Since SW is smart enough to automatically create a bounding box around
> component, is there a way to access and use the size of this box for a BOM
> Material Size entry? Right now I am linking each xyz dim to a Special
> Property.
>
> 2) Can a macro be written that will link a part on sheet 2,3,etc. to the
BOM
> Item# on sheet 1? If so, I would like to discuss $$ for someone to do it
for
> me.
>
> This is why:
> I always use multiple sheets and include an informational Block with each
of
> several  items detailed on the sheet (usually four to six Items per
sheet).
> I have been able to do some very nice linking to Custom Properties for the
> Name and Material of each Item, but I also want to include the Quantity
and
> BOM Item# of the part.
>
> This is how I think it could be done.
> If the Item# and Quantity can be determined by a spread sheet that looks
at
> the assembly Feature Manager tree, then, is it not possible to also link
> that data to an updateable (replaceable) Custom Property for each Item of
> the assembly?

0
Robert
9/21/2003 10:18:29 PM
You're right about the API call, Ed.  It's Component2.GetBox .

Alluvium:  Implementing a macro feature that takes advantage of it would not
be complex, but might be intimidating if you haven't done any API work
before.  If you want to tackle it yourself, there was a presentation by
Trevor D'Arcy Evans at SolidWorks World 2003 that included this topic and
his example files are posted on the SolidWorks site:
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/services/APIDownloads.html.   The bounding
box is an approximation, so it may or may not be appropriate depending on
your needs.  You can tweek it to be more accurate by adjusting tesselation
quality.  Paul Salvador's recommendation of minBBox might be worth looking
into.

Brenda
Brenda D. Bosley
CustomSolids

"Edward T Eaton" <ed'remove_this'1701@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Were you, by any chance, at the combined Chicago,Milwaukee, Rockford,
> SolidWorks user group meeting that happened last Thursday?  This exact
> question came up in a roundtable discussion.
> Some guy said it could be done with a macro, with a command like 'Getbox'.
> Maybe someone else who was in attendance will chime in with a more lucid
> recollection.
>
> "alluvium1" <alluvium1@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> > Using SW3
> > I have two questions for consideration.
> > Thank you to all are kind enough to offer help.
> >
> > 1)  Since SW is smart enough to automatically create a bounding box
around
> > component, is there a way to access and use the size of this box for a
BOM
> > Material Size entry? Right now I am linking each xyz dim to a Special
> > Property.
> >
> > 2) Can a macro be written that will link a part on sheet 2,3,etc. to the
> BOM
> > Item# on sheet 1? If so, I would like to discuss $$ for someone to do it
> for
> > me.
> >
> > This is why:
> > I always use multiple sheets and include an informational Block with
each
> of
> > several  items detailed on the sheet (usually four to six Items per
> sheet).
> > I have been able to do some very nice linking to Custom Properties for
the
> > Name and Material of each Item, but I also want to include the Quantity
> and
> > BOM Item# of the part.
> >
> > This is how I think it could be done.
> > If the Item# and Quantity can be determined by a spread sheet that looks
> at
> > the assembly Feature Manager tree, then, is it not possible to also link
> > that data to an updateable (replaceable) Custom Property for each Item
of
> > the assembly?

0
Brenda

bounding box/bounding box intersection.
Hi guys, thanks so much for your recent help with my collision detection problems. I just have one more thing then I think I've got all I need to start coding it up. I have two Axis Aligned Bounding Boxes. One is stationary. One is moving (the reason for this is that it simplifies things - 2 boxes moving relative to each other can be considered as one stationary and the other moving) I have 2 questions, but 2 is more important cos it assumes you know the answer to 1) Now I have a "velocity vector" for the moving box (i.e it moves in a certain direction ...

bounding boxes
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a good explanation of minimal bounding boxes creation. I found some mathematical papers f.e. at www.magic-software.com, but they're a little bit too tough. Please, help if you know any other. regards - m z - "Micha�" <firewire1@wp.pl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c0algb$nkn$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi everyone! > > I'm looking for a good explanation of minimal bounding boxes > creation. I found some mathematical papers f.e. at > www.magic-software.com, but they're a little bit too tough. Pleas...

Bounding box?
Is there a utility that could tell me the bounding box of a TrueType font? I need to find the biggest font size that fits in a given vertical space. The utility should check also non-Latin codepages. -Pertti ...

bounding box
can anyone pls help with how to draw a bounding box for an irregular shaped image. You look for minimum enclosing rectangle in Matlab Forum for your problem. I hope you will get it. Yumnam Kirani Singh Tronglaobi Awang Leikai "meena rao" <meenaraos@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <ies80t$ph9$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone pls help with how to draw a bounding box for an irregular shaped image. On Dec 22, 2:06=A0am, "meena rao" <meenar...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > can anyone pls help with how to draw a bounding box for an irregular shap...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specifications & standards. We can also perform AutoCAD to SolidWorks conversions on demand. Find more at http://www.cadoutsourcingservices.com We can assist you in the followings: =95 Convert Paper sketches into electronic drawings =95 SolidWorks 2D Drafting =95 3D Modeling =95 2D drawings to 3D model conversion =95 3D Assembly drawings =95 Part lists =95 CAD format conversion =95 Raster-Vector conversion =95 2D-3D Fabrication drawings =95 Production drawings =95 Miscellaneous CAD work Our team can readily translate your existing product files into SolidWorks format or vice versa so that you become more productive and profitable. We have worked on diverse projects including mechanical design, product development, machine design and automation across various industries such as automotive, aerospace, sheet metal and machine manufacturing. Save 60% on your SolidWorks drawings & conversion r...

bounding box
Hi everybody, I would like to obtain max and min dimensions in each X,Y,Z of an object I visualized. In practice i would like to obtain a boundig box range. How can I get it? please reply to giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it Thank you Giancarlo Giancarlo Amati <giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it> writes: > I would like to obtain max and min dimensions in each X,Y,Z of an > object I visualized. In practice i would like to obtain a boundig > box range. How can I get it? Use SoGetBoundingBoxAction. Morten -- <URL:http://www.coin3d.org> yes but...

2D box Collision detection with several things at once and still keeping results sane (working out point of collision of moving bounding boxes.)
Hi, So, I'm coding a game in the Ruby language. It's dog slow, but this is a learning experience, and for that Ruby's absolutely wonderful. So, I've got these Actors. They have a bounding box (x,y,w,h) - usual affair. There's the Area they are on - it has a width and height. The Area has tiles on it, which also have a bounding box (x,y,w,h). The Area also has other Actors on it, again (x,y,w,h). I need the Actors to not go past the edge of the Area. That's easy. (if actor.x < 0 then actor.x = 0 ; etc.) However, note how the actor's x posi...

Instance bounding box
Hello, I am trying to find if there is an alternative to the dbCreateParamInst() function. We are trying to get the bounding box of the instances(pcells) that are to be placed into the layout(from schematic). Is inst = dbCreateParamInst(blah) inst~>bBox The only way? This would take a lot of time since each of the pcells need to be actually placed into the layout for cumulative areas to be calculated. Is there a faster alternative? Thankyou, Partha try cv=dbOpenCellViewByType("LIB" "CELL" "layout" nil "r" nil) bBox = cv~>bBox dbClose(cv) st�phane "Partha" <cadeguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7f58031f.0404061501.46baee8b@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to find if there is an alternative to the > dbCreateParamInst() function. > > We are trying to get the bounding box of the instances(pcells) that > are to be placed into the layout(from schematic). > > Is > inst = dbCreateParamInst(blah) > inst~>bBox > > The only way? > > This would take a lot of time since each of the pcells need to be > actually placed into the layout for cumulative areas to be calculated. > Is there a faster alternative? > > > Thankyou, > Partha Badel, The cell whose bounding box needs to be calculated is a pcell, so i need to pass it the instance paramaters, that was the reason i used dbCreateParamInst in the first place. I am looking to find a func...

bounding boxes in schematic
Hi All I had been vexed by the bounding box problem with schematics for a long time. Every once in a while, the bounding box for schematic would be incorrect. This resulted in the fit to window not working quite properly. (dbComputeBBox (geGetEditCellView)) didn't fix the problem. Recently, I figured out that many (but not all) of these cases were cause by pin labels when they are in 'textOnRight' or 'textOnLeft' modes! If I change those pin-labels to 'textOnTop' the bounding box is correct again. Has any one else seen this kind of behaviour? Regards Satya -- Remove XXX and YYY to get my address Satya Mishra wrote: > Hi All > > I had been vexed by the bounding box problem with schematics for a > long time. Every once in a while, the bounding box for schematic would > be incorrect. This resulted in the fit to window not working quite > properly. (dbComputeBBox (geGetEditCellView)) didn't fix the problem. > > Recently, I figured out that many (but not all) of these cases were > cause by pin labels when they are in 'textOnRight' or 'textOnLeft' > modes! If I change those pin-labels to 'textOnTop' the bounding box is > correct again. > > Has any one else seen this kind of behaviour? > > Regards > Satya > Interesting story. Can you give a testcase ? This is likely due to the concept of boundingboxes and what generates them. Back several cadence generations ago ...

bounding box view
Is there a way to see which layer you are grabbing, aside from selecting "show bounding box" when in Move mode? I realise in an ideal world we'd have all our layers named, but it's not always practical, especially if you're creating new from selections frequently. Also, in both PS 7 and CS, when you go Workspace-Tile, is there a way to make the windows tile horizonally instead of vertically? Thanks in advance for any tips on these issues. Jo Mrs Beeble Brock wrote: > Is there a way to see which layer you are grabbing, aside from selecting > "show bou...

Bounding box issue
LaTeX friends, I am inserting an image within an acknowledgement page with the following lines: \begin{center} \framebox{\includegraphics[width=3.48in, height=3.05in]{cjmdinreworked.jpg}} \end{center} This compiles fine for pdf, which is my primary form of output. However, I would also like to be able to do a whole-project compile, and a dvi compile. When I do this, I get a message saying that I need a cjmdinreworked.bb bounding box file. When I try to insert the bounding box parameters within the \framebox statement as in the following: \framebox{\includegraphics[bb=0 0 172 172, width=3.48in, height=3.05in]{cjmdinreworked.jpg}} the width and length parameters are ignored, and the photo is its original size. Can someone suggest parameters which will compile for both dvi and pdf, or suggest a cjmdinreworked.bb file? I want to embed a centered 3.48 x 3.05 jpg image with a hairline frame withing text. Thanks, Diana Diana wrote: > ... I would also like to be able to do a ... dvi compile. > ... > I want to embed a ... jpg ... hey diana! that won't work. save the jpg also as eps, then omit the file ending when inserting the figure. then the eps will be used automatically when you run latex. best, sebastian. Sebastian, This did it! I converted jpg image to eps with the following gui site provided by Troy Henderson http://www.tlhiv.org/rast2vec/ and inserted the following lines into my latex file: \begin{center} \framebox{\includegraphics[width=...

specifying bounding box
Is there a way to specify a bounding box for a page in the LaTeX source file that the dvips driver will pick up when doing "dvips -E"? -- % Randy Yates % "Midnight, on the water... %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % I saw... the ocean's daughter." %%% 919-577-9882 % 'Can't Get It Out Of My Head' %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % *El Dorado*, Electric Light Orchestra http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr ...

no Bounding Box in pdf
Hi, I have a problem with a document I am writing: I have a number of figures in pfd, and everything work fine using pdflatex. However, now I am asked to use latex+ghostscript (don't ask why), and that is when I got into troubles... I get the message: Cannot determine size of graphic in Figures/figure.pdf (no BoundingBox). (corresponding to the line: \includegraphics[width=3D0.95\linewidth]{Figures/figure.pdf} but when I check the pdf it seems it DOES have a BoundingBox $gs -sDEVICE=3Dbbox figure.pdf AFPL Ghostscript 8.51 (2005-04-18) Copyright (C) 2005 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved. This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details. Processing pages 1 through 1. Page 1 %%BoundingBox: 71 430 540 720 %%HiResBoundingBox: 71.999998 430.919987 539.999984 719.999978 The trim options didn=B4t work either \includegraphics[trim =3D 51 1 0 0]{figure.pdf} same error Then I tried another solution (that should add a bounding box, they say): $pdfcrop --margins "58 60 542 393" figure.pdf but the problem is still there... Can anybody give me some hints on how to solve the problem? Note: I converted all figures to ps with pdftops, and that solved the problem... but figures now have a really bad quality. Thanks -- Claudio ooops, I forgot two things: I also tried \psfig{file=3D Figures/comp_ga_speed_rot2.pdf,width=3D 0=2E95\linewidth,bb=3D58 60 82 93} and \includegraphics[width=3D0.95\linewidth, bb=3D58 60 542 393...

bounding box #2
hi, while im inserting figures&pictures it shows an error as there is no bounding box. can anyone suggest how to insert the pictures and wat is meant by bounding box? as early as possible. hemarajen@gmail.com wrote: > hi, > while im inserting figures&pictures it shows an error as > there is no bounding box. can anyone suggest how to insert the > pictures and wat is meant by bounding box? as early as possible. > 1) Don't you have a name? 2) Can you give a minimal example? The Bounding Box is used by TeX to determine how much space a figure will take up. If it can't find information on the figure size, TeX rightfully complains. If you use postscript, there should be a Line %%BoundingBox near the top of the postscript file. You can also give options [bb=ll lr ul ur] to the \includegraphics command. See the documentation to graphicx package Cheers, Carsten Carsten Lemmen wrote: > hemarajen@gmail.com wrote: > >>hi, >> while im inserting figures&pictures it shows an error as >>there is no bounding box. can anyone suggest how to insert the >>pictures and wat is meant by bounding box? as early as possible. >> > > > 1) Don't you have a name? > 2) Can you give a minimal example? > > The Bounding Box is used by TeX to determine how much space a figure > will take up. If it can't find information on the figure size, TeX > rightfully com...

No bounding box error
I received the following error message. ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in somefile.jpg (no BoundingBox). I can compile it just fine when using the usual MiKTeX but when i try to compile it as a PSTricks (a small script using dvips etc.) i get this error. So, the question is: How can i remedy this issue? alternatively What more info do i need to provide? -- V�nligen Konrad --------------------------------------------------- Sleep - thing used by ineffective people as a substitute for coffee Ambition - a poor excuse for not having enough sence to be lazy --------------------------------------------------- Konrad Viltersten a �crit : > I received the following error message. > ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in > somefile.jpg (no BoundingBox). > > I can compile it just fine when using the usual MiKTeX > but when i try to compile it as a PSTricks (a small > script using dvips etc.) i get this error. Workaround: pdflatex accepts .jpg images, LaTeX doesn't.... -- Fran�ois Patte Universit� Paris 5 - Paris Konrad Viltersten wrote: > I received the following error message. > ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in > somefile.jpg (no BoundingBox). > > I can compile it just fine when using the usual MiKTeX > but when i try to compile it as a PSTricks (a small > script using dvips etc.) i get this error. > > So, the question is: > How can i reme...

bounding box of image
Hi, I saw that pstotext utility gives bounding box information of words in a ps file.How can I extract bounding box of images?Does any specific part of source code of gs or pstotext help?I tried looking at gximage1.c of ghostscript source but coordinate system seems to be different,I couldnt get proper conversion.plz post any ideas on this problem... ...

DragAnObject bounding boxes
Just for the record, I thought I'd share the solution to the problem I've been struggling over for half an hour or more. I was using DragAnObject_Start with a bounding box defined in R4 (so bit 4 of the flags word is clear and bit 5 is set) and the bounding box just wasn't having any effect. I (thought I) knew that the bounding box was correct because I tested the same box with Wimp_DragBox and the pointer was constrained to the area I was intending. I finally found that the problem had resulted from my bounding box being technically incorrect. DragAnObject is more fussy than Wimp_DragBox and if you pass it a bounding box where y0 and y1 are equal, it ignores it. The solution is to ensure that y1 is slightly larger than y0 (I have added on the number of pixels per OS unit in the Y direction for safety). Hope this helps someone else sometime! -- Matthew Phillips Dundee -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

Smallest Bounding Box
I'm doing some object tracking and have a question regarding bounding boxes. I can get a bounding box using the region properties but that gives a rectangle with sides parallel to the axis. How can I get the coordinates of the smallest possible bounding rectangle? ie. A rectangle that may or may not be parallel to the axis. Hi, read this about the "rotating calipers" algorithm : http://newsreader.mathworks.com/WebX/.ef2a326?50@12.fVhdbTQr22i@ J�r�me Brad Collins wrote: > > > I'm doing some object tracking and have a question regarding > bounding > boxes....

Projection of bounding box
Hi, Given a feature and its bounding box, if you project both into another coordinate system, the bounding box may not bound the feature. I know why this happens, but is there any workaround for it, ie. can I get bounds in one system that upon projection remain the bounds in the other system as well? My projection is a simple XYZ to X'Y'Z' one, both are orthogonal. My feature is a circle in 3 space. Thank you. Khan <chengiz@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:1163438591.384428.59950@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Given a feature and its bounding box, if you project both into another > coordinate system, the bounding box may not bound the feature. I know > why this happens, but is there any workaround for it, ie. can I get > bounds in one system that upon projection remain the bounds in the > other system as well? Typical transformations in graphics tend to preserve containment. What exactly is your transformation and what makes you think you lose the containment property? Perhaps the problem is a coding error and not an algorithmic one? -- Dave Eberly http://www.geometrictools.com > What exactly is your transformation > and what makes you think you lose the containment > property? Perhaps the problem is a coding error and > not an algorithmic one? > > -- > Dave Eberlyhttp://www.geometrictools.com I mistakenly thought losing containment was true always, thanks for setting me right. The problem could be with ...

Bounding Box in EPS
I am very proud of some postscript code I've just written that takes an especially formatted array and turns it into a tree on the page. For example: the array might be [ 2 [ 0 (arg1) ] [ 0 ( arg2) ] (root) ] And the tree will be: root / \ / \ arg1 arg2 I've found though that these trees can become very large, and so I've turned them into EPS files so they can be scaled later. Well, I was hoping that I could automate this process, but I've got no idea what to do about the bounding box. Reading through the FAQ, it recommends printing the page and getting out a ruler. This is hardly the most exact solution! I have postscript code that can calculate the width of the tree. And I could write code that calculates the height. But what use would those numbers be? They have to appear as comments in the EPS file. I can't see how I can work around this. I can also run the code through ghostscript, pick the number off that program, and then edit my source. But this is a multistep effort, and although in reality it's not that difficult, I'd really like to know how other people get around this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Matthew. Matthew Walker wrote: > I can also run the code through ghostscript, pick the number off that > program, and then edit my source. But this is a multistep effort, and > although in reality it's not that difficult...

bounding box of a string
Hi, to properly place a string i'd like to know its x- and y-dimensions in advance. How can i do that? I generate the postscript file from a perl script, is there a way to find out the bounding box of a string? Or how can i place the string centered in a rectangle? Best regards, Torsten. In article <ciq4ff$ake$2@schleim.qwe.de>, Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> wrote: > >to properly place a string i'd like to know its >x- and y-dimensions in advance. How can i do that? I generally use charpath to turn the string to a path, then use pathbbox. >I generate the postscript file from a perl script, >is there a way to find out the bounding box of a >string? If you want to do it before generating the final file, maybe you could talk to the intended printer (if it's a postscript printer) or to ghostscript or something in advance to find out the dimensions. >Or how can i place the string centered in a rectangle? Recently I wrote, /placecentre { 8 dict begin /y exch def /x exch def /showtext exch def /show { false charpath } def /stroke {} def newpath 0 0 moveto showtext pathbbox /top exch def /right exch def /bottom exch def /left exch def currentdict /show undef currentdict /stroke undef newpath x left sub right left sub 2 div sub y bottom sub top bottom sub 2 div sub moveto showtext end } bind def where you can do...

Web resources about - Bounding Box - comp.cad.solidworks

Minimum bounding box algorithms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computational geometry , the smallest enclosing box problem is that of finding the oriented minimum bounding box enclosing a set of points. ...

MIT Researchers Implement Algorithm For Bounding in Robotic Cheetah (VIDEO)
MIT researchers have created an algorithm for bounding that they've successfully implemented in a robotic cheetah, a four-legged assemblage of ...

Happy Bounding Dog
Submitted by: Unknown Tagged: cute , bounding , happy , dog Share on Facebook

HTC profits leaping and bounding up, Peter Chou promises tablet and production expansion
HTC's fourth quarter of 2010 has gone exactly the same way as the first three: the company reports a 160 percent rise in profits (to

Bounding Toward Your Face This July: Katy Perry’s Boobs, in 3D
Folks who enjoy experiencing Katy Perry on screens of various sizes, in fields of various dimensions are in for a treat this summer: she's coming ...

Force Sketch to update bounding boxes for repositioned layers · Issue #84 · matt-curtis/Fluid-for-Sketch ...
Fluid-for-Sketch - [Sketch Plugin] Sketch-flavored Auto Layout-like Constraints

Bounding Baby Goats Try To Get Cat's Attention, But Kitty Ain't Having It
You can't impress everybody especially not Moo, the barn cat. A video uploaded to YouTube features 1-week-old goat kids Lady Bug and Princess ...

Shut it down. This sofa-bounding tiger cub is the best thing you'll see today.
This one pretty much does what it says on the tin, people. It's a tiger cub, leaping around clumsily from couch to couch and eliciting chase-me-chase-me ...

Over the Bounding Pond
A. "Your writer can rest assured: Stuart Little and other model boat enthusiasts can indeed sail their own model boats on the Conservatory Water," ...

Over the Bounding Pond
Q. Recently I passed the Central Park boat pond and noticed that all the model sailboats were guided by control boxes operated by youngsters ...