Convert jpg file to solidworks readable format?

I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
degree.

Thanks.

0
cheamc
6/22/2004 5:39:06 AM
comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 56 followers. Post Follow

"cheamc" <cheamc@nittoku.po.my> a �crit dans le message de news:
40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to
convert
> to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> degree.

In you sketch: Insert/ Image

0
Jean
6/22/2004 6:05:34 AM
Thanks Jean.
I forget to look at the insert side. manage to import it but facing scale
problem. Anyway I can measure the slot degree.

"Jean Marc BRUN" <jean-marc.brun _arobace/at_ tgcp.fr> wrote in message
> "cheamc" <cheamc@nittoku.po.my> a �crit dans le message de news:
> 40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to
> convert
> > to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> > degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> > degree.
> >
> In you sketch: Insert/ Image

0
cheamc
6/22/2004 7:01:27 AM
In article <40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, cheamc@nittoku.po.my says...
> I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
> to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> degree.
>
> Thanks.

Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/heatons/softsoft/wintopo/
0
Art
6/22/2004 12:26:03 PM
I use image editor Ulead Photoimpact to de-skew and de-warp the drawing,
as well as some scaling and rotating, and making the drawing size
managable.  I import the image into Deltacad, where I can scale it more
precisely, and then draw over it.  Deltacad is freeware/shareware,
Photoimpact came with my scanner.

--
John Kimmel

girls = time x money

time = money

girls = money x money = money�

money = the root of all evil = �/evil

girls = (�/evil)�

girls = evil

0
John
6/22/2004 4:36:23 PM
As Art suggests, Wintopo can be used to convert raster images to
vector; however, I think a more direct method for quickly "measuring"
your JPEG image has been overlooked.

In SolidWorks (with a sketch open for editing) you can use the main
menu "Tools/Sketch Tools/Sketch Picture" to import any of a number of
graphic file formats to appear in the background. (Keep in mind that
this differs from the insertion of an OLE object in the background of
the Part file's viewport and can ONLY be seen when the sketch
containing it is being edited.)

Such an image can be scaled when it's first imported or afterwards by
double clicking on it (within the sketch viewport).

With the graphic image behind the sketch entities you "trace" and
position over it, you should be able to easily eyeball and dimension
the angle desired.

Per O. Hoel
Art Woodbury <art.woodburyDELETE_THIS@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b41ef637b1c7f6498968f@netnews.comcast.net>...
> In article <40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, cheamc@nittoku.po.my says...
> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
> > to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> > degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> > degree.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/heatons/softsoft/wintopo/
0
per

pppd messages to file
Hi all How do I get pppd to send messages to a file other then /var/log/messages ? Thanks Stewart stewart menday <stewart at webstorm.net.au> wrote: > How do I get pppd to send messages to a file other then > /var/log/messages ? Incorrect question. It doesn't send them there. Reformulate. (syslogd puts the messages in /var/log/messages and other places). Correct question: how can I find the section of the manpage of pppd that tells me all about logging? Answer: man pppd /log debug Enables connection debugging facilities. If this option is g...

How to convert xls2pdf How to convert xls2txt
a. Where would there be a converter by email for xls2pdf ..xls to .pdf b. or a coverter by email for xls2txt ..xls to text c. where you send the .xls attachment by email and get the conversion by email d. or even preferable you can send the .xls attachment by email and read it at a web link. Hi Don Don Saklad wrote: > a. > Where would there be a converter by email for > xls2pdf > .xls to .pdf > > b. > or a coverter by email for > xls2txt > .xls to text There are others a lot more prone to answer this one, but: XLS, as I understand it, really IS text, so mayb...

cat w/ file ids?
Is there a standard Unix utility equivalent to something like function mycat () { for file in $@; do printf "%s:\n", $file cat $file printf "\n" done } i.e. like regular cat, except that instead of stringing all the files along into one long stream, each file's content is preceded by its name? TIA, jill -- To s&e^n]d me m~a}i]l r%e*m?o\v[e bit from my a|d)d:r{e:s]s. J Krugman wrote: > > > > Is there a standard Unix utility equivalent to something like > > function mycat () { > for file in ...

Convert xml to xls?
Hi all, does anyone know about an open-source tool or method that can convert a certain xml file to a spreadsheet (e.g. xls)? Can one import xml data in the OpenOffice program Calc? The problem is that the original xml file can be very long and the digit precision of some data fields is strictly required. Thanks a lot! Jie On Oct 21, 3:16=A0pm, Jie <Jie....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > does anyone know about an open-source tool or method that can convert > a certain xml file to a spreadsheet (e.g. xls)? Can one import xml > data in the OpenOffice program Calc? The p...

I need a good sas dataset to html converter
I need a good sas dataset to html converter. Does anyone have any links to code that can do this? ...

convert m-file to simulink
How can I convert m-file which consist of ANN(Artificial Neural Network) to simulink block for simulation? Please do reply as soon as possible. Hi, you can use your m-file in Simulink with the user-defined functions. There is a Block matlab-fcn there. Inputs can be taken from source blocks, outputs can be visualized in sinks, as e.g. scopes. regards badariah mahbob wrote: > > > How can I convert m-file which consist of ANN(Artificial Neural > Network) to simulink block for simulation? > > Please do reply as soon as possible. "badariah mahbob" <bardzcomel@...

Report
How do I get all fields on one page of a report? I have a report that has a column for each day of the week and 6 records for each day. I need each weekday's records returned on only one detail page. Instead I am getting a new table layout for each day of the week. I have tried grouping on every record and combination I can, manipulating the Group Properties but can't get it right. I have the entire report in the Detail Section, with the Week Starting date (Monday), VehicleID, and BattID values listed in the report once at the top. The queries WHERE clause is based on the Mo...

Re: wxFileConfig with absolute file names
wxFileConfig has an undocumented constructor that lets you specify the exact path of the configuration file. Here's how you use it: wxFileConfig *configFile = new wxFileConfig("", "", "c:\path\to\config.cfg", "", wxCONFIG_USE_LOCAL_FILE); -George Vulov >Hello, > >I am not having any luck using wxFileConfig with absolute file names. > >I am using Open Watcom Compiler under Windows XP. > >I want a global configuration file, but I do not want it in the Windows >folder. Actually, I would like the user to be a...

Windows 2000 Source Code File
Download instructions for this file are available at: http://sazerjr.tripod.com windows_2000_source_code.zip (203.85MB) ...

How Do We Run TeX Using Another .fmt File?
I have forgotten how to do it. I am using TeX with a format file called "bet.fmt". How do I run TeX with this format file? Thanks! maria maria <> writes: > I have forgotten how to do it. I am using TeX with a format > file called "bet.fmt". How do I run TeX with this format file? > Thanks! tex "&bet" `tex' should be the same program with which you dumped the format. -- David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum UKTUG FAQ: <URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html> ...

Convert Current Time to Dec
Sorry, This should be simple, but brain is hurting... How do I convert a Current Time to a Decimal 6,0 (HMS)? There must be a cleaner way then this: Insert into Table Values Dec( Substr(Char(CURRENT TIMESTAMP),12,2) || Substr(Char(CURRENT TIMESTAMP),15,2) || Substr(Char(CURRENT TIMESTAMP),18,2) ,6,0) TIA, Chris Take a peak at HOUR(), MINUTE(), and SECOND(). DEC() can also be used directly on the timestamp. integer(dec(current timestamp) - dec(current date) * 1000000) or round(dec(current timestamp) - dec(current date) * 1000000, 0) Simply use ...

Running m-file from simulink
Hi, I am new to Matlab/simulink. I have implemented a model which performs some calculations by taking some inputs from the GUI (I have used a slider to change the input values to be given to the model) and display the output on the GUI. I use sim("modelname") command to run the model. I have made the simulation time in the model as 10 seconds. Now, when I run the program and change the input values from the slider, I can watch the output change but not as expected. I feel that the model resets after sometime and hence the output is not as expected. I would like to know if there i...

Looking for articles/reviews on dual monitors with SolidWorks
I am doing some research on the advantages to having dual monitors. If anyone has any good articles on the advantages of using dual monitors (specifically with SolidWorks would be nice), please post them. Thanks. "SW Monkey" <ggroups.50.bb007@spamgourmet.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:1167313815.136964.47840@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > I am doing some research on the advantages to having dual monitors. If > anyone has any good articles on the advantages of using dual monitors > (specifically with SolidWorks would be nice), please post them. > > Thanks...

Re: MPE FILE ERROR 0 #2
I am using MDX. I just tried in Query to delete a record and then add 1 this worked fine. As soon as I added another I got the error: FREADDIR FAILURE 0 0 ==============| ENTRY CANNOT BE ADDED |============== I didn't get any more information. I guess this points to a MDX problem. I recently had to re-install the box from scratch which meant me going back to the original MPE/iX Version 7 tapes with no patches applied. Is there a known problem with Version 7.0 and MDX. Incidentally if I use QTP to delete a large number of records from the same dataset(more than 10,0...

converting cd server into file server
I have a procom CDT-21 21 bay scsi cd tower. I would like to change it into a file server by removing the scsi cd drives an replacing them with scsi hard drives. can this be done? I already have 14 scsi hard drives laying around and also have server 2000 os to put on it. any answers would help. thanks, Dweb ...

parsing javascript generated files...
Hi. Looking to parse some web pages that have javascript (jquery) embedded/used in the pages. I'm trying to get a better understanding of exactly how the page is generated, and displayed in the browser. I've seen various references to python-spidermonkey, as well as watir/firewatir. Is there a way to accomplish fetching text from javascript generated pages? It appears that the ability to "call" firefox using "jssh" could allow me to return the complete page of the displayed app. I'm not sure if this is pythonic!! I suspect that I would have to somehow invoke...

From numeric SAS date to YYYYMMDD format
Hi all, I'm trying to merge two files by date of birth, but they are not alike.. In one file it's a numeric SAS date (as I understand it, number of days since 1.1.1960!?) and in the ohter it's a character variable in the format YYYYMMDD Hope, that someone could tell me how to transform the numeric variable to be like the other... Thank you, Lene "Lene Blenstrup" <lenetb@SOCSCI.AAU.DK> skrev i meddelelsen news:200712200913.lBK1419B003400@mailgw.cc.uga.edu... > > In one file it's a numeric SAS date (as I understand it, number of days > since 1.1.19...

header file prototype type question
Hi. I was just wondering, and I've wondered this a bit to myself in the past, played with it a bit each way but avoided it in any code that I really cared about- but have never seen it addressed anywhere. I see from time to time that the only reason a particular header file appears to need to be included is a function prototype - is there anything wrong with just simply including that prototype in my program somewhere? Are there any advantages? I'd assume that somewhere are after preprocessor the unused symbols get tossed out but I don't know either way. Thoughts? Opin...

VBA for batch convert e00
Any one had made a vba program which using for convert e00 to shp? because I have a lot of e00 files it need to convert to shp and then open by arcmap! Eric Hi Eric, > Any one had made a vba program which using for convert e00 to shp? because I > have a lot of e00 files it need to convert to shp and then open by arcmap! If you don't mind using a 3rd party product, our FME can do this in a number of ways. You could just use our "batch translate" option and a couple of clicks later you'll have everything in shape files (or even personal geodatabase...

How to write cell array in file
hye i have a cell array of strings.i wana write it in txt file.which function i can use for this.plz reply In article <11980694.1178441512990.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>, kimskams80 <saadmalik_2001@Hotmail.com> wrote: >hye i have a cell array of strings.i wana write it in txt file.which function i can use for this.plz reply fprintf(fid, '%s ', A{:}) -- "law -- it's a commodity" -- Andrew Ryan (The Globe and Mail, 2005/11/26) ...

verifying .asc files
Hello, Just downloaded the latest security update and it's associated .asc file. I was wondering how i verify the file with the .asc? Thanks. Dave. On 2004-12-02, dave scribbled these curious markings: > Hello, > Just downloaded the latest security update and it's associated .asc > file. I was wondering how i verify the file with the .asc? > Thanks. > Dave. You'll need a program like GnuPG or PGP. For GnuPG, the syntax is as follows: gpg --verify [filename.asc] [filename] Note that there's a *lot* more to the proper and intellige...

Java: How to determine if a file is in use?
In Java, I need to be able to check whether a file is in use. So far, the only the only method I can come up with is this (in pseudo code)... 1. make a copy of the original file (block copy the binary contents) 2. attempt to delete the original file 3a. if delete fails, file is in use, delete copy 3b. if delete succeeds, rename copy to original name Will this work? Am I missing anything? What about cross platform compatability? .... Krick "Krick" <krick@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:141d3796.0308270900.5d307b3c@posting.google.com... > In Java, I need to be able...

Big tables in .h file!
Hello, gurus. http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libunicode/msft/cp932.h?rev=1.2&view=markup" I've stumbled upon an interesting thing. If you follow this link, you will see huge translation tables (from ascii to unicode) located in H file. Now. It is well known (at least to me), that such tables are better to be stored in C file, right? So that in case of double inclusion, bad things won't happen... I really trust those gnome guys, I'm sure they're really smart, and there was some thought behind this. Please, give me a hint!! Thanks Zhekka a �crit : > http://cvs.g...

[Info-Ingres] views and E_US100F String cannot be converted to numeric
--_000_57765A44B573A747BAEC13DBB1E209AD049F66BEEXCH1ctsuoxacuk_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-WatchGuard-AntiVirus: part scanned. clean action=allow Hi All, I have a distributed database which has a native view (named all_box_store)= which is a select with many union all's of several registered tables. If I run the query... select * from c_slot_allocation a where a.box_cid not in ( select s.box_cid from all_box_store s where a.project_cid =3D s.project_cid and a.rack_cid =3D s.rack_cid and a.slot_p...

converting HH:MM to a decimal
I have 3 pairs of time in/out (24 our clock) that I need to calculate the decimal equivalent of the total time worked for that day. example: time in/out 08:00 10:00, 10:15 12:45, 13:45 16:50 if I use a simple select of time_out �time_ in I get 2:00, 2:30, 3:10 respectfully, or 7:35 total hours. That is 7.58 in decimal. Now how do I change the total hours of 7:35 to a decimal of 7.58 in a single SQL statement? Or will I have to write a proc that does this? ...