Convert jpg file to solidworks readable format?

I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
degree.

Thanks.

0
cheamc
6/22/2004 5:39:06 AM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

"cheamc" <cheamc@nittoku.po.my> a �crit dans le message de news:
40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to
convert
> to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> degree.

In you sketch: Insert/ Image

0
Jean
6/22/2004 6:05:34 AM
Thanks Jean.
I forget to look at the insert side. manage to import it but facing scale
problem. Anyway I can measure the slot degree.

"Jean Marc BRUN" <jean-marc.brun _arobace/at_ tgcp.fr> wrote in message
> "cheamc" <cheamc@nittoku.po.my> a �crit dans le message de news:
> 40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to
> convert
> > to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> > degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> > degree.
> >
> In you sketch: Insert/ Image

0
cheamc
6/22/2004 7:01:27 AM
In article <40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, cheamc@nittoku.po.my says...
> I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
> to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> degree.
>
> Thanks.

Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/heatons/softsoft/wintopo/
0
Art
6/22/2004 12:26:03 PM
I use image editor Ulead Photoimpact to de-skew and de-warp the drawing,
as well as some scaling and rotating, and making the drawing size
managable.  I import the image into Deltacad, where I can scale it more
precisely, and then draw over it.  Deltacad is freeware/shareware,
Photoimpact came with my scanner.

--
John Kimmel

girls = time x money

time = money

girls = money x money = money�

money = the root of all evil = �/evil

girls = (�/evil)�

girls = evil

0
John
6/22/2004 4:36:23 PM
As Art suggests, Wintopo can be used to convert raster images to
vector; however, I think a more direct method for quickly "measuring"
your JPEG image has been overlooked.

In SolidWorks (with a sketch open for editing) you can use the main
menu "Tools/Sketch Tools/Sketch Picture" to import any of a number of
graphic file formats to appear in the background. (Keep in mind that
this differs from the insertion of an OLE object in the background of
the Part file's viewport and can ONLY be seen when the sketch
containing it is being edited.)

Such an image can be scaled when it's first imported or afterwards by
double clicking on it (within the sketch viewport).

With the graphic image behind the sketch entities you "trace" and
position over it, you should be able to easily eyeball and dimension
the angle desired.

Per O. Hoel
Art Woodbury <art.woodburyDELETE_THIS@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b41ef637b1c7f6498968f@netnews.comcast.net>...
> In article <40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, cheamc@nittoku.po.my says...
> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
> > to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> > degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> > degree.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/heatons/softsoft/wintopo/
0
per

Convertion Solidwork 2005 --> solidwork 2004 ? ?
witch soft to convert Solidwork 2005 to 2004 ? tanks Fabrice None. Open in SW2005, export as parasolid. Long time rant... "Fabrice COSTA" <fabricecosta@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:d1onbr$avl$1@s1.news.oleane.net... > witch soft to convert Solidwork 2005 to 2004 ? > > tanks > > Fabrice > > ...

SolidWorks Converter to native format
Hi, Is there any utility that can convert sw parts and assemblies to some native format like iges, step, parasolid - WITHOUT THE NEED TO HAVE sw INSTALLED? Gil. Polytrans, perhaps... I don't remember if you actually have to have SW or not... www.okino.com MT On 25 May 2005 22:53:44 -0700, "Noa" <stephjohn13@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Is there any utility that can convert sw parts and assemblies to some >native format like iges, step, parasolid - WITHOUT THE NEED TO HAVE sw >INSTALLED? > >Gil. Thanks. ...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specificatio...

convert any video file format into avi file format in matlab
hai, Now i doing my video project in Image Processing,my query is how convert other video file format into (.avi) file formate. (because only avi file format video or movie read by matlab function) for example: how convert (.flv) format into (.avi) Help (mmreader) function is not found I use Flash to Video Encoder Pro to convert flv and swf to another video formats, avi as well) Simple program) ...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

Solidworks Models, Solidworks 3D Modeling and CAD Design Samples
Offering effective Solidworks 3D Modeling services and samples for various mechanical engineering needs at affordable rates! COS services is a preferred choice of Mechanical engineers, Manufacturers and Electrical contractors for reliable and economical Solidworks 3D Modeling services. We assist you in producing hi- quality, detailed, realistic 3D models of your mechanical product from existing 2D drawing & hand-drawn sketches. Our 3D solidworks modeling service deal with all aspects of mechanical engineering and various phases of project from tender submission, analysis to final...

Re: Has anyone created a file format converter from &quot;universal file format&quot; uff, to another format?
The UFF file info can be found at <a href="http://www.sdrl.uc.edu/uff/uff.html" target="_blank">http://www.sdrl.uc.edu/uff/uff.html</a> &nbsp; The <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12152" target="_blank"> Sound and Vibration Toolkit 5.0</a> and the <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203624" target="_blank"> Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 5.0</a> offers LabVIEW VIs to read and write UFF58&nbsp;files.&nbsp; Feroz ...

converting Mechanical Desktop Files to Solidworks
Good Day, I am tasked with converting a number of Mechanical Desktop Files 6 (assemblies and parts) to Solidworks (2003). I am not too familiar with Solidworks. I have been using the Solidworks MDT translator in Solidworks 2003 with mixed results. Parts are translated relatively easily, but assemblies are difficult (Parts get lost). Solidworks and MDT have a tendency to either crash or lock-up. I was wondering if anyone had experince in this area and give me some hints as to where to look for the problems I suspect that the issue lies in search/working path and other program parameters. ...

converting Mechanical Desktop Files to Solidworks
Good Day, I am tasked with converting a number of Mechanical Desktop Files 6 (assemblies and parts) to Solidworks (2003). I am not too familiar with Solidworks. I have been using the Solidworks MDT translator in Solidworks 2003 with mixed results. Parts are translated relatively easily, but assemblies are difficult (Parts get lost). Solidworks and MDT have a tendency to either crash or lock-up. I was wondering if anyone had experince in this area and give me some hints as to where to look for the problems I suspect that the issue lies in search/working path and other program parameters. Some OS parameters my be involved also. TIA jimB ****************************************** Jim Bannister 3Dthinking dot com ****************************************** to reply by email, REPLACE the "X's" in address with "M" jimb wrote: > I am tasked with converting a number of Mechanical Desktop Files 6 > (assemblies and parts) to Solidworks (2003). I am not too familiar > with Solidworks. > > I have been using the Solidworks MDT translator in Solidworks 2003 > with mixed results. > > Parts are translated relatively easily, but assemblies are difficult > (Parts get lost). Solidworks and MDT have a tendency to either crash > or lock-up. > > I was wondering if anyone had experince in this area and give me some > hints as to where to look for the problems > > I suspect that...

How do I convert file in format 7.0 to file in format 6.5
undefined Hi, what kind of file? .mat, .m, .mdl, ...? Titus "Gonzalez" <lgs@servidor.unam.mx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ef059c2.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > undefined Gonzalez wrote: > undefined If it is a .mat file check the -v6 option of save. -Herbert ...

CadKey Files into Solidworks Files
I'm trying to translate CadKey Sheet metal plates into solidworks files, but, here the thing: All parts change dimensions, and I like to keep the original dimension on all parts, I try to change the K Factor, but still not working. Can someone out there help me understand why this happen. thank you all. ...

Newbie: Converting Solidworks files between Versions. (Help!)
I have just started using Solidworks after over 15 years of Autocad. I am doing a project and am working with Solidworks 2004, my client has 2003. Is there any way to convert the files back a version. With autocad it is not a problem. I found all sorts of documentation converting up but not back. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tony Hi Tony, the only way is to save back is to save as parasolid, step or another neutral format und import in SW2003. But then you have importet part and there is no featuretree, will say your customer can not modifie your parts...

need to convert 3ds files to solidworks, any suggestions ?
I saw this old post... "ShapeWorks Add On will have capabilities of opening 3DS files in SolidWorks in the next release." www.baren-boym.com Mike Wilson Try Deep Exploration (www.righthemisphere.com) as they have a variety of translators - from 3ds to STL is OK, then import that. they also have a CAD add-on that deals with Solidworks files, but I haven't used that. Also try Polytrans For a shareware sol, try www.axelero.hu/karpo where there is a nifty 3D converter for all sorts of weird files. Best of luck Deri "Alex" <alex@@ventcroft.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Thoughts on converting Solidworks Drawing files to DGN (microstation)
We have a client that would like our customer approval drawings submitted in a DGN format. Anyone have any experience with this? As far as I can tell, microstation will read DWG formats. There are also programs that will convert DWG to DGN format. Is this the only way? Is there a better way? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. On 24 May 2005 08:22:15 -0700, "Double Ace" <dbdorton@hotmail.com> wrote: >We have a client that would like our customer approval drawings >submitted in a DGN format. Anyone have any experience with this? As >far as I can...

convert a bitmap file into a jpg file ?
HI, Is there any CPAN library/method to convert a bitmap file into a jpg file ? Thanks MoshiachNow wrote: > Is there any CPAN library/method to convert a bitmap file into a jpg > file ? Both GD and Image::Magick are able to do that (and much more). -Chris On 3 May 2007 02:39:06 -0700, MoshiachNow <lev.weissman@creo.com> wrote: >Is there any CPAN library/method to convert a bitmap file into a jpg >file ? Many. Image::Magick surely does it. Michele -- {$_=pack'B8'x25,unpack'A8'x32,$a^=sub{pop^pop}->(map substr (($a||=join'',map--$|x$_,(unp...

How to convert Iges file into a solid model for fea meshing in solidworks?
I created polysurface model of femur from an STL file in rhino V4 and joined those surfaces into a closed polysurface model. Then I imported that closed polysurface model as IGES file in solidworks 2011 to create a solid model. But it has self intesecting surfaces which I tried to heal via import diagnostics but out of four only 2 get healed and two doesn't. Is there any way to correct those surfaces and get a solidmodel from it. Or just tell me the way to convert iges model into solid cad model for fea meshing....

convert .jpg file to .txt file
i am new to matlab so i want to know that how to convert .jpg file to text file please help me regarding this problem ...

Does anyone have advice on how to convert SolidWorks files to Pro/E with modeltree?
Does anyone have advice on how to convert SolidWorks files to Pro/E with modeltree? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C76F54.70B737A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "prasad" <prasadbejjanki@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1174882976.499281.106050@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... Does anyone have advice on how to convert SolidWorks files to Pro/E with modeltree? Can SW export to a Neutral file (.neu)? This might work to capture the = feature ...

Please Help:I want to write files in a format that Solidworks can read.
Hi, I thought that this would be much easier than this has turned out to be. Solidworks will import graphics files in many formats, such as ASIC (SAT) , STEP (AP203, AP214), Parasolid, to name a few. I have been searching for the specifications for these standards so that I may write files for a parser that I am building. However, I have found it very difficult to find the specifications for the above standards. For example, STEP is a family of standards under ISO 10303 with many parts. Now the standard has been taken over by TC184/SC4. Just trying to find out which part of STEP relat...

Need help converting Photoshop .pat (pattern) files to a Gimp-readable format
I downloaded several .zip files containing various patterns from: http://biorust.com/index.php?page=downloads_section&catid=7 They look like they would make nice seamless tiles for desktop backgrounds and/or other types of image work. Unfortunately, when I opened the .ZIP files, I discovered that each one contained a single .PAT file, which is apparently a Photoshop "pattern file" format. I tried to open it in Gimp, to no avail. Does anyone know how to convert Photoshop .PAT files to a format the Gimp can recognize? A Google search on "converting photoshop .pat ...

Converting .pl4 format files to .mat format
I have a lot of .pl4 file format files made with ATP/EMTP program and now I need to use them in the Matlab. So I intend do automaticaly converts all of this files to the MatLab .mat file format but I dont know how do to this. I'll be waiting for help. Thanks for all Rog�rio following application file: https://hotfile.com/dl/199239588/f5947d2/Converter.exe.html by: http://www.dsea.unipi.it...

Convert ABC File in Excel File or Other Format
Hi ! I have an ABC file (database of the exe generated by filemaker pro). is it possible to convert it in CSV XML XLS or somthing "more" standard ? tank you ! In article <4151fd2b$0$2383$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, "leo" <kbumbaz-nospam@ayhoo.fr> wrote: > Hi ! > > I have an ABC file (database of the exe generated by filemaker pro). is it > possible to convert it in CSV XML XLS or somthing "more" standard ? > > tank you ! If the person who created the FileMaker runtime (exe) file has left the permission to export the data tur...

How to convert MetaStock formatted files into ASCII files
I have searched everywhere for information on how to convert MetaStock formatted files into ASCII files. MetaStock files are used by various financial charting apps - and I have a lot of these files that I need to convert into csv files. Any help would be appreciated (I am under a lot of time pressure here and would be willing to pay for this help - if needed). Thanks in advance. Steve D wrote: > would be willing to pay for this help if needed Then you might consider posting this at jobs.perl.org It would be helpful if you can properly describe (or post a sample link to) your data files...

Converting file formats from Autocad 14 to .iges format
we use autocad R14 software for design purposes. I need to convert .dwg or .bak file format .iges as i have to use this format into a FEM analysis software which only reads .iges files. Any suggestions............... On 22 Mar 2006 07:59:58 -0800, "Sam" <saurabh.bhanot@gmail.com> wrote: >Any suggestions............... http://www.kandusoftware.com/products/windows/cadmover.html N. Sam wrote: > we use autocad R14 software for design purposes. I need to convert .dwg > or .bak file format .iges as i have to use this format into a FEM > analysis software which only reads .iges files. > > Any suggestions............... > Dear Sir; We specialize in CAD conversions. Please visit our web site for information. If you will send us an example file, we can develop a quote for you. www.aecvizpro.com ...

Web resources about - Convert jpg file to solidworks readable format? - comp.cad.solidworks

SolidWorks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SolidWorks is solid modeling CAD ( computer-aided design ) software that runs on Microsoft Windows and is produced by Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks ...

3D CAD Design Software SolidWorks
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. develops and markets 3D CAD design software, analysis software, and product data management software. SolidWorks ...

Solidworks render for a businesslike calculator - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Made in Solidworks 2008, rendered with Photoworks. Assignment for the Industrial Design faculty @ TU Delft.

SolidWorks World 2013: Day 1 General Session - YouTube
Today was a busy day in the general session. Watch the video below to see everything that happened, including SolidWorks CEO Bertrand Sicot's ...

Dassault Systèmes releases Solidworks 2014
Design software vendor, Dassault Systèmes, has released the latest version of its visual design portfolio, Solidworks 2014.

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software - Business Wire
While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst&amp;#232;mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks& ...

SolidWorks Sustainability Design Software Helps in Understanding Environmental Impacts
SolidWorks Sustainability helps understand environmental impacts for a project Those rare ideas for making something that’s newer and better, ...

SolidWorks talks about what’s next in 3D design
... field, Network World Editor in Chief John Dix caught up with Aaron Kelly, VP of User Experience & Product Portfolio Management at SolidWorks, ...

Hub Folding Box Company is seeking a Solidworks Operator/Industrial Designer in Mansfield, United Kingdom ...
Solidworks Operator/Industrial Designer Hub Folding Box Company Mansfield, United Kingdom Hub Folding Box is seeking an industrial designer ...

SolidWorks "Hands-On" 3D Skills Demo - GeekWire
MLC CAD Systems – Houston offers a free hands-on SolidWorks design clinic on basic 3D design techniques, design validation, and simulation. Get ...