Convert jpg file to solidworks readable format?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
degree.

Thanks.

0
Reply cheamc 6/22/2004 5:39:06 AM

See related articles to this posting

"cheamc" <cheamc@nittoku.po.my> a �crit dans le message de news:
40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to
convert
> to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> degree.

In you sketch: Insert/ Image

0
Reply Jean 6/22/2004 6:05:34 AM

Thanks Jean.
I forget to look at the insert side. manage to import it but facing scale
problem. Anyway I can measure the slot degree.

"Jean Marc BRUN" <jean-marc.brun _arobace/at_ tgcp.fr> wrote in message
> "cheamc" <cheamc@nittoku.po.my> a �crit dans le message de news:
> 40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my...
> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to
> convert
> > to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> > degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> > degree.
> >
> In you sketch: Insert/ Image

0
Reply cheamc 6/22/2004 7:01:27 AM

In article <40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, cheamc@nittoku.po.my says...
> I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
> to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> degree.
>
> Thanks.

Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/heatons/softsoft/wintopo/
0
Reply Art 6/22/2004 12:26:03 PM

I use image editor Ulead Photoimpact to de-skew and de-warp the drawing,
as well as some scaling and rotating, and making the drawing size
managable.  I import the image into Deltacad, where I can scale it more
precisely, and then draw over it.  Deltacad is freeware/shareware,
Photoimpact came with my scanner.

--
John Kimmel

girls = time x money

time = money

girls = money x money = money�

money = the root of all evil = �/evil

girls = (�/evil)�

girls = evil

0
Reply John 6/22/2004 4:36:23 PM

As Art suggests, Wintopo can be used to convert raster images to
vector; however, I think a more direct method for quickly "measuring"
your JPEG image has been overlooked.

In SolidWorks (with a sketch open for editing) you can use the main
menu "Tools/Sketch Tools/Sketch Picture" to import any of a number of
graphic file formats to appear in the background. (Keep in mind that
this differs from the insertion of an OLE object in the background of
the Part file's viewport and can ONLY be seen when the sketch
containing it is being edited.)

Such an image can be scaled when it's first imported or afterwards by
double clicking on it (within the sketch viewport).

With the graphic image behind the sketch entities you "trace" and
position over it, you should be able to easily eyeball and dimension
the angle desired.

Per O. Hoel
Art Woodbury <art.woodburyDELETE_THIS@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b41ef637b1c7f6498968f@netnews.comcast.net>...
> In article <40d7c602$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, cheamc@nittoku.po.my says...
> > I ve a jpeg file which contain a parts that I scan. Is they a way to convert
> > to solidworks readable file. The part have some slot with slant a few
> > degree. I like to import to solidworks to sketch it out and measure the
> > degree.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Have a look at the freeware version of Wintopo.......
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/heatons/softsoft/wintopo/
0
Reply per 6/24/2004 5:21:57 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14477 articles. 55 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Need help converting Photoshop .pat (pattern) files to a Gimp-readable format
I downloaded several .zip files containing various patterns from: http://biorust.com/index.php?page=downloads_section&catid=7 They look like they would make nice seamless tiles for desktop backgrounds and/or other types of image work. Unfortunately, when I opened the .ZIP files, I discovered that each one contained a single .PAT file, which is apparently a Photoshop "pattern file" format. I tried to open it in Gimp, to no avail. Does anyone know how to convert Photoshop .PAT files to a format the Gimp can recognize? A Google search on "converting photoshop .pat ...

convert any video file format into avi file format in matlab
hai, Now i doing my video project in Image Processing,my query is how convert other video file format into (.avi) file formate. (because only avi file format video or movie read by matlab function) for example: how convert (.flv) format into (.avi) Help (mmreader) function is not found I use Flash to Video Encoder Pro to convert flv and swf to another video formats, avi as well) Simple program) ...

Re: Has anyone created a file format converter from &quot;universal file format&quot; uff, to another format?
The UFF file info can be found at <a href="http://www.sdrl.uc.edu/uff/uff.html" target="_blank">http://www.sdrl.uc.edu/uff/uff.html</a> &nbsp; The <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12152" target="_blank"> Sound and Vibration Toolkit 5.0</a> and the <a href="http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203624" target="_blank"> Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 5.0</a> offers LabVIEW VIs to read and write UFF58&nbsp;files.&nbsp; Feroz ...

How do I convert file in format 7.0 to file in format 6.5
undefined Hi, what kind of file? .mat, .m, .mdl, ...? Titus "Gonzalez" <lgs@servidor.unam.mx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ef059c2.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > undefined Gonzalez wrote: > undefined If it is a .mat file check the -v6 option of save. -Herbert ...

convert a bitmap file into a jpg file ?
HI, Is there any CPAN library/method to convert a bitmap file into a jpg file ? Thanks MoshiachNow wrote: > Is there any CPAN library/method to convert a bitmap file into a jpg > file ? Both GD and Image::Magick are able to do that (and much more). -Chris On 3 May 2007 02:39:06 -0700, MoshiachNow <lev.weissman@creo.com> wrote: >Is there any CPAN library/method to convert a bitmap file into a jpg >file ? Many. Image::Magick surely does it. Michele -- {$_=pack'B8'x25,unpack'A8'x32,$a^=sub{pop^pop}->(map substr (($a||=join'',map--$|x$_,(unp...

convert .jpg file to .txt file
i am new to matlab so i want to know that how to convert .jpg file to text file please help me regarding this problem ...

Convert ABC File in Excel File or Other Format
Hi ! I have an ABC file (database of the exe generated by filemaker pro). is it possible to convert it in CSV XML XLS or somthing "more" standard ? tank you ! In article <4151fd2b$0$2383$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, "leo" <kbumbaz-nospam@ayhoo.fr> wrote: > Hi ! > > I have an ABC file (database of the exe generated by filemaker pro). is it > possible to convert it in CSV XML XLS or somthing "more" standard ? > > tank you ! If the person who created the FileMaker runtime (exe) file has left the permission to export the data tur...

How to convert MetaStock formatted files into ASCII files
I have searched everywhere for information on how to convert MetaStock formatted files into ASCII files. MetaStock files are used by various financial charting apps - and I have a lot of these files that I need to convert into csv files. Any help would be appreciated (I am under a lot of time pressure here and would be willing to pay for this help - if needed). Thanks in advance. Steve D wrote: > would be willing to pay for this help if needed Then you might consider posting this at jobs.perl.org It would be helpful if you can properly describe (or post a sample link to) your data files...

Converting .pl4 format files to .mat format
I have a lot of .pl4 file format files made with ATP/EMTP program and now I need to use them in the Matlab. So I intend do automaticaly converts all of this files to the MatLab .mat file format but I dont know how do to this. I'll be waiting for help. Thanks for all Rog�rio following application file: https://hotfile.com/dl/199239588/f5947d2/Converter.exe.html by: http://www.dsea.unipi.it...

Help: How can I convert an BMP file to JPG file ?
Hi all, I need to convert some BMP file to JPG file in my perl program. I would really appreciate if anyone of you can give me some help about this. Thanks, Kane Kane wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to convert some BMP file to JPG file in my perl program. I would > really appreciate if anyone of you can give me some help about this. > > Thanks, > Kane > Try ImageMagick. http://www.imagemagick.org/script/perl-magick.php Thanks for your kindly help. I've downloaded perlmagick full package from the website just now. When I try to run a simple script after the ins...

Convert UNIX formated text files to DOS formated?
I have about 150 unix formated text files that I would like to convert to dos formated. I am guessing that I loop though each file in the directory, read each line and conver the last character, then save to a file with the same name in another directory. I am not really sure what I convert the last charactor to. walterbyrd schrieb: > I have about 150 unix formated text files that I would like to convert > to dos formated. > > I am guessing that I loop though each file in the directory, read each > line and conver the last character, then save to a file with the same > na...

Convert a Postscript format into jpg/tif/bitmat format
Hello there ! How can I convert a postscript format to a jpg/tif/bitmap/pdf format ? Thanks Shmuel On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 at 20:56 GMT, Shmuel Orgad wrote: > Hello there ! > > How can I convert a postscript format to a jpg/tif/bitmap/pdf format ? If it's not already installed, install imagemagick, then: convert file.ps file.pdf convert file.ps file.jpg -- Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org =================================================================== My code (if any) in this post is copyright 2003, Chris F.A. Johnson ...

convert PIX log file to tcpdump formated file.
Hi, I m wondering how to convert pix log file to tcpdump formated file. thanks sam ...

Converting file formats from Autocad 14 to .iges format
we use autocad R14 software for design purposes. I need to convert .dwg or .bak file format .iges as i have to use this format into a FEM analysis software which only reads .iges files. Any suggestions............... On 22 Mar 2006 07:59:58 -0800, "Sam" <saurabh.bhanot@gmail.com> wrote: >Any suggestions............... http://www.kandusoftware.com/products/windows/cadmover.html N. Sam wrote: > we use autocad R14 software for design purposes. I need to convert .dwg > or .bak file format .iges as i have to use this format into a FEM > analysis ...

Is there some C Language Code to Convert Gif file to Jpg File?
Hi, all I have hunted for a long time for the code or algorithm to convert Gif to Jpeg or bmp, but I havn't got it yet. Does anyone knows? Thanks a lot! lisa.lin@zoran.com wrote: > Hi, all > I have hunted for a long time for the code or algorithm to convert > Gif to Jpeg or bmp, but I havn't got it yet. Does anyone knows? > Thanks a lot! Image Magick, or NetPBM (together with cjpeg) could do this. There are C libraries for reading/writing GIF, JPEG, PNG, etc. Have you looked at Freshmeat.net or SourceForge.net? -- -bill! bill@newbreedsoftware.com http://www.newb...

EVE
I'm opening a text file in Eve on VMS 7.3-1 Alpha. It looks normal, no special characters, just text. I then add any character at the bottom of the file (eg, hit return, type blah, whatever) and save and exit. The above error message flashes and disappears on exit - "The file format is being converted into a supported format." The modified file is now 18 blocks smaller than the original (even though it has at least 1 extra character). It looks OK when re-opened in EVE, but for some reason trying to print it via an LPD print queue prints the very first line, then everything e...

Converting SQL Loader control files to BCP format files
Hello, I am currently in the process of converting an Oracle data warehouse over to SQL Server. The warehouse is loaded through a bunch of text files all through SQL Loader, using various control files. I need to convert this over to use BCP with format files, which has proven to be a very tedious task. Has anyone written, or seen, a utility to convert Oracle control files over to format files? Thanks, -Tom. ...

Converting psf files to other file formats (jpeg, tmp etc.)
How might I convert psf files to other file formats. When I edit an image using HP Photosmart software the resulting image is in psf format. Unfortunately this format is not supported or recognized by picture viewer on XP. What's more I cannot set these images as desktop backgrounds. Any info, suggestions much appreciated. "Patrick" <larvato@msn.com> schreef in bericht news:ee24bc5e.0310271304.7fb9acc9@posting.google.com... > How might I convert psf files to other file formats. When I edit an > image using HP Photosmart software the resulting image is in ps...

Open source code for converting PPT file to JPG files?
Hi all: We had done this before on Windows platform but now we are thinking of doing this to convert PPT (PowerPoint) files into JPG/JPEG files on the linux platform. Our goal is to create an add-in module for moodle (moodle.org) so that the teachers could upload a PPT file to the moodle platform and this add-in will convert the PPT file into several JPG files automatically. Our final goal is to develop a add-in that would actually generate a SMIL file to synchronize our streaming video file (in quicktime or real media format) with these JPG files. Any help or pointers (such as a sa...

Convert a tecplot format file into an .off format and vice versa for 3D mesh
Hi! I am looking for a code which could convert .off format file into a format supported by tecplot. And also vice-versa. Does someone have any ideas? Regards, Gaurav ...

URGENT,how to convert PGM image or raw format to JPG,PNG format,
please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNGformat.this is one of my module in academic project. bharath wrote: > please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNG > format. > this is one of my module in academic project. > http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pgm.html -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute/ On Mar 13, 8:26 pm, "bharath" <bharath...@gmail.com> wrote:> please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNG> format.> this is one of my module in academic project.If it is so urgent, start wri...

converting a .dat file into sas without know file format(spacing)
Hey I have xxx.dat file and i don't know the number of variables or the spacing and want to know if there is a way to determine what the files format is for each variable so i can input into sas? Thanks On Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:43:47 AM UTC-7, chadmcrawford wrote: > Hey I have xxx.dat file and i don't know the number of variables or the s= pacing and want to know if there is a way to determine what the files forma= t is for each variable so i can input into sas? >=20 >=20 >=20 > Thanks open the file with a text editor (Notepad will do), then visu...

Convert from MS 2003 Word TABLE to EXCEL Format to .CSV Formatted File
Hello: I am working with a table within a MS WORD 2003 document. I want to ultimately generate a .CSV file based from the tabular data. I have been told that the data must first be placed within an EXCEL spreadsheet before exporting/saving as a .CSV file format. What is the best way to proceed ? Thank you. Regards, de Vince On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:09:27 GMT, Vince <NoSPAM2THISHAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > >Hello: > >I am working with a table within a MS WORD 2003 document. I want to >ultimately generate a .CSV file based from the tabular data. ...

How to Read data from excel file without converting a excel file into .csv or any other format
Hello, Can somebody suggest me how to read from an excel file (consisting of 10 work sheets) to an array? Thanks, She Hello, it's right that you can use activeX. (For example&nbsp;with rhe report generation toolbox from&nbsp;ni) But there are some problems: &nbsp; 1. You have to have&nbsp;excel installed on the targed PC. (to get the ActiveX interface) 2. There exists different "Microsoft Excel x.x Object Library Version x.x" which have different methods and&nbsp;properties.&nbsp;If a costumer has an other version, it could be that it doesn't work. 3....