Helical sweep cut, can't dimension

Hi,

I can't dimension a helical swept cut with anything circular in it.

For example:

Extrude circel to round bar
Sketch circle on edge (thread)
Construct helix
Cut-sweep with helix and sketch

Make drawing
Insert view
Insert section view, display only surface etc.

I see the thread to dimension and get: "the selected entity could not be
converted into line or circular arc"

I tried to make a silhouette edge in the part; Select the cut-sweep feature,
split line, silhouette etc.

Anyone?

I use SW2003 SP3.1

comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"M. Heikens" <martijn@zut-engineering.com> wrote in
You can try in 'insert model dimensions' then if they are in the wrong view
just shift-drag them into your section view.

Or show the original sketch involved in the sweep,  then dimension the
sketch entity.

Zander

0
Zander

Want WAV editor allows cutting without changing remaining audio
I have some WAV recordings that I would like to trim to remove extra material at the beginning/end. I am looking for a wav file editor that will let me do simple edits like this, without changing the remaining audio. >From cursory examination of the .WAV file format, I would have thought this was simple to do. Yet the programs I have tried so far (Audacity, Nero WAV editor) can't even manage the even simpler operations of Opening and saving a .WAV file, without changing the contents. i.e., If I open a .WAV file, do nothing to it, then save/export it with a new name, then...

cut/paste matrix to excel?
I'm building an app with the matlab compiler. at one point i'd like to display a table of numbers for the user to observe and then, if desired, cut and paste them into excel. how might i do this? the display doesn't need to be pretty--the same format in which a matrix is displayed in the matlab interpreter window is fine. but i know that when i try to cut/paste a matrix from the interpreter window excel always puts each row into a single cell. Thanks, Matt -- Remove Xs from address to reply via e-mail. To be clear, the end app will not have the interpreter window d...

CUT #2 507713
Hi, I have a file with records that looks like this: 99999,"~Index - Standard & Poor's 500","IX","","","","","",,"For Index Reco" What I want to is extract the records if the first 5 characters start with 9. I was getting things like: cat file.txt | awk -F, '{ if ($1 == 99999) print $0 }' OR cat file.txt | cut -c 1-5 | grep "99999" That works, but the 99999 needs to be a pattern like 9% for the first 5 characters..... In article <c9bf5b3a-c7fb-4a16-93a1-660b0cb79a34@o35g2000vb...

Helical curve swept on a helical curve
I need to create a helical curve that is normal to an existing helical curve. A spiral on a spiral so to speak. I have found several curve equations that are close, but what usually happens is that the secondary curve is not swept normal to the primary curve. The primary curve is created by cylindrical equation like this: r = 0.75 theta = 360 * t * 4.5 z = 0 - 19.05 * t It is the equation that sweeps the secondary curve that eludes me. Surely, someone must have done this before. Any ideas? Bumlinger wrote: > I need to create a helical curve that is normal to an existing he...

Plane sweep and triangles
Hello, I have the following problem. Suppose we have triangles in a plane. None of the triangles intersects another, that is no side of a triangle intersects a side of another triangle. A triangle can include at most one triangle. I need to say (with the best running time possible) if there is a triangle that is included in another triangle. How to do it best? Of course to test if a triangle is included in another triangle is simple and takes O(1) I guess I should use plane sweep, but I still don't know how to order the triangles... and it doesn't work for me. Thanx for your help....

Helical cuts on the outside of a tube help!
I'm muddling my way through solidworks and have no formal training but the = semester of Wildfire 4.0. that I have under my belt. Since solidworks is a= much more industry friendly CAD I've decided to start trying my designs in= it. I've got a simple basic tube that I created from an extrusion. Basic= dimensions of the tube are as follows. 23mm OD 21mm ID, 40mm tall. Curre= ntly I used a profile to cut a drawing along the helix similar to what you'= d do with threads, but I need a total of 2 of these cutouts and I need them= to not be square, but instead represe...

ERROR
I'm writing a program that uses MATLAB's built in GA optimizer. I'm creating a custom crossover function to take "parent" permutation vectors from a population matrix and create a new child by randomly picking an index, taking the first parent up to that index, and filling in the remaining slots using those values of the second parent which aren't already present in the new vector. I'm encountering an "Index exceeds matrix dimensions." error, pointing to the line near the bottom of the code indicated by the "--->' arrow. th...

Xilinx cuts 250 jobs.
http://www.edn.com/article/CA6566989.html Symon wrote: > http://www.edn.com/article/CA6566989.html > Saw that. Wonder if Austin will be along shortly, to claim Xilinx is (once again) leading the pack... ;) -jg On Jun 4, 6:42=A0pm, Jim Granville <no.s...@designtools.maps.co.nz> wrote: > Symon wrote: > >http://www.edn.com/article/CA6566989.html > > Saw that. > > Wonder if Austin will be along shortly, to claim Xilinx is > (once again) leading the pack... ;) > > -jg C'mon, be nice. This is not funny. It's the very first lay-off in the 2...

Short Cuts....Help!
PSP-8, I tried CTRL-C to cut and CTRL-V to paste but it doesn't work. None of the short cuts (CTRL - ???) work! How can I fix that? Thanks! Paull wrote: > > PSP-8, I tried CTRL-C to cut and CTRL-V to paste but it doesn't work. None of the short cuts (CTRL - ???) work! How can I fix that? Right-click on the menu bar and select Customize. Go to the Keyboard tab and press Reset All. > Thanks! ...

Get Dimension Value in API
Maybe I'm dense, but I can't seem to be able to get the value of a dimension that is currently highlighted or selected. If the value is 2.5, then I want 2.5 and not <DIM>. Anybody know how to get it? Thanks, Mr. Pickles I guess you're using DisplayDimension::GetText, but i'd you found a bug that should be reported try DisplayDimension::GetDimension, then Dimension::GetValue, which will return meters Then you'll have to play with Units if you really want a string. -- Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com ...

How can I make a frequency sweep that plateaus for different durations?
I want to be able to make several signals that rise in frequency for different durations and then plateau in frequency for a duration. I have tried several methods to do this but always have problems with the continuity of the signal. The below example uses chirp.m in the signal processing toolbox. Even if I try to set the initial phase of the plateau portion of the signal to the ending phase of the rising frequency portion I still get a discontinuity for some rising durations. Any suggestions gratefully received. I have used small durations in the below example as the discontinuity is more e...

Re: Re-defining Log over it's branch cut #2
Thanks guys. I checked it on my machine (5.2) as well and seems Carl's technique works with 6.0. Little involved though. Maybe for now, it's not too bad to code it directly. For example, when I integrate the Zeta integral on the lower leg of the contour, I just enter: NIntegrate[Exp[(s - 1)(Log[r] - Pi I)]/(Exp[r] - 1), {r, 1, Infinity}] same on the upper leg with z=r Exp[Pi I] and on the route around the branch point, I can use the technique with ContourNIntegrate that was described in another post. > Hello.Carl Woll's solution is very smart. > > Limit...

Helical patch object
I would like to create a patch object which is formed like a straked cylinder. The "Cylinder" function from the file-exchange helped to create the core cylider. Now I need the strakes, helical surfaces that run around the outside. It is quite easy to create two helices using the plot3 function with two different radii, but how can I convert these into a surface? To imagine what I have in mind, run this code: figure [x y z]=pol2cart((0:(2*pi/3)/10:2/3*pi)+1/2*pi,0.5,0:max(Z)/10:max(Z)); plot3(x,y,z,'k') hold on [x y z]=pol2cart((0:(2*pi/3)/10:2/3*pi)+7/6*pi,0.5,0:max(Z)/10:m...

temperature sweep in Spectre
Hi Running MMSIM61 I have a diode model with 'rs' defined by a cubic temperature function (i.e. const+lin*temp+quad*temp^2 *cub*temp^3) When I sweep the temperature in a simulation it works O.K. When I try to run dc sweep simulation at a selected temperature I get an error saying that 'rs' is less than or equal to zero. It turns out that with the coefficients I'm using in my function the value of rs does indeed go negative above a certain temperature. Why does spectre not bother about this when the temperature is sweep but the at spot temperatures spectre won't run...

Mass by default in Weldment properties + Cut List ?
We need a "Mass" or "Weight" column in all cut tables displayed in drawings, which requires each weldment in the part to have a "MASS" custom property which can be automatically updated through a definitition like "SW-Mass@@@Article-liste-des-pi=E8ces-soud=E9es1@weldment_box2.SLDPRT". Fine. But how can we avoid to manually insert that property in each item in the part's weldment list ? How to do it automatically, or have it by default ? Thanks ! ...

Sweep
When I try and sweep or extrude a shape with a heilix for the path the object rotates 90 degrees? Bob On May 24, 6:13 am, <castlebravo...@att.net> wrote: > When I try and sweep or extrude a shape with a heilix for the path the > object rotates 90 degrees? > > Bob Yes it does. Don't think there's any way round that one. "strawberry" <zac.carey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:bd293336-af21-4402-b7b4-12bac3e2202e@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > On May 24, 6:13 am, <castlebravo...@att.net> wrote: >> When I try a...

How to share common files in PVCS Dimensions
Hi: I'm running PVCS Dimensions 7.1. I'm trying to setup a shared area in PVCS Dimensions that other applications will use. I have separate worksets and design parts for each application and for the shared area. I want one copy of shared files, but I also want the file to show up in my applications worksets. I also want to include the shared files in baselines. Any ideas? Sounds like local workset replication would work in this instance. Are you sure you need design parts for each application? They might be overkill if all application developers work on all of the ap...

determining dimensions
Is there a quick way / free piece of software to determine the dimensions of a large number of images quickly (eg in format suitable for appending to a database) without having to open each one individually in Photoshop? cheers comp.graphics removed, not an active newsgroup abracad: >Is there a quick way / free piece of software to determine the >dimensions of a large number of images quickly (eg in format suitable >for appending to a database) without having to open each one >individually in Photoshop? I've written a Java class for that, it can also be used as a command l...

image dimensions disappearing in 10.7
Happy New Year! When I open folders containing images in 10.7, there is no reliability for image dimensions appearing under each filename on my MacBook Pro (early 2011). Strangely, some files do display their image dimensions but perhaps 75 percent or more do not. To get them to appear, I have to open the image in Preview, close it and click on the window to see the image dimension in blue. Doing this for every image is, of course, a bit much. Has anyone else run into this? And, more importantly, does anyone know a solution to fix this? Thanks! On 2012-01-01 04:55:03 +0000, paris2ven...

helical cog-wheel
I have a problem with 3D construction method to achieve a helical cog-wheel starting from polyline in 2d. I'm trying to achieve a spiral starting from intersection between cylinder and inclined plane following ellipse achieved. I do extrude command but this command doesn't generate an involute profile. What must I do? Sorry for my english. thanks. ...

final cut pro 4.5 hd rendering
Hi: I'm playing with Final Cut Pro which I just got a few days ago. I captured some video with a CMOS camera on a COWAN PMD of motorcycle rides mostly. This cheap and small camera's video is very saturated. I used Final Cut in this way: Open Final Cut (new project opens with new 'sequence') File Open the MOV files (12 of them, cut to 8 minutes each with QT Pro) Changed the sequence size to 352X240 (or about that - what the MOVs format is) I put in filters for Unsharp Mask and Desaturate (I dragged these to the clip in the time-line) When I double click the clip, a view wi...

Re: SBC to Cut High Speed Internet to $14.95 per Month #2
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This suggestion by SBC that they may > lower their DSL rates is all well and good, but can they be trusted > to actually hold to the new rates and not do some gimmicks with a > few months of lower prices then dramatic increases a few months > later? My past experiences with SBC have not been at all favorable. > They give you a lot of double-talk and their bills are _very_ > confusing with all the added fees they put in. I'll probably just > stick with cable which has always worked out very well. PAT] You may very wel...

WA - SEATTLE C UNIX I/O kernel
Position: Software Engineer - C UNIX I/O kernel - level File System Salary $85-110K Location: Seattle, WA 206 U.S. Citizenship is required. Do you want to be on the cutting edge of hardware and software technology and provide high performance I/O solutions? This is your opportunity. Do you have what it takes? 3+ Y of programming using the C language in a UNIX operating system Experience with developing, debugging, and maintaining file systems. Experience with performance analysis and tuning of I/O subsystems. Experience with cluster, distributed or SAN file systems is a p...

unregisterinf Final Cut Pro 3
How do you unregister this software? In article <e2cf0586.0403070201.560d765c@posting.google.com>, wiseguy <curtisj@hipplanet.com> wrote: > How do you unregister this software? You mean, like go to a website and tell them you're NOT an owner of the software after all, and to NOT send you info on upgrades? -- First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy. -- Gail Collins On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 02:01:56 -0800, wiseguy wrote (in article <e2cf0586.0403070201.560d765c@posting...

Cutting down on routing nodes
Wondering if going 0 on routing nodes will impact a flat/nonrouted decnet in any other way than that I cant see nonlinked nonrouting IV decnodes status? And is there any way (program) to display that status anyway, just sniffing for AA-00-04-00-xx-yy might be enough and there is an address (forgot it just now) to watch for every 3 sec to see heartbeats but... If I loose all routing IV nodes, can I still get this info (without a sniffer)? Any other thing to keep in mind? Hope I made the Q clear. //CY CY <christery@gmail.com> writes: > Wondering if going 0 on routing nodes will imp...