Helical sweep cut, can't dimension

Hi,

I can't dimension a helical swept cut with anything circular in it.

For example:

Extrude circel to round bar
Sketch circle on edge (thread)
Construct helix
Cut-sweep with helix and sketch

Make drawing
Insert view
Insert section view, display only surface etc.

I see the thread to dimension and get: "the selected entity could not be
converted into line or circular arc"

I tried to make a silhouette edge in the part; Select the cut-sweep feature,
split line, silhouette etc.

Anyone?

I use SW2003 SP3.1

comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

"M. Heikens" <martijn@zut-engineering.com> wrote in
You can try in 'insert model dimensions' then if they are in the wrong view
just shift-drag them into your section view.

Or show the original sketch involved in the sweep,  then dimension the
sketch entity.

Zander

0
Zander