Hole Wizard error #2

I've asked this before but just wondered if anyone else has had the same
problem.  My hole wizard throws an error every time I use it.  The error
says that the Hole Wizard could not save the favorites Db or another error
occurred.  I've removed SW, cleaned the registry, manually searched and
deleted any other SW keys I could find, reinstalled, but had the same
result.  I removed the hole wizard favorite file location from the
options-file locations and specified a folder that I knew the user had full
permissions on. Same result.  This is on Win XP SP 2.0, SW 2006 SP 3.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

0
Tony
1/20/2006 1:23:17 AM
comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

What kind of rights do you have to your computer SolidWorks users need
to be at a minimum in the Power Users Group.

0
CS
1/20/2006 1:56:18 PM
Sorry for the late reply.  Just catching up from SWW 06.

I tried this both as Admin and restricted user.  The results were the same.

Tony

"CS" <cscheich@ae-solutions.com> wrote in message
> What kind of rights do you have to your computer SolidWorks users need
> to be at a minimum in the Power Users Group.

0
Tony
1/29/2006 9:50:31 PM
Browse to <Program Files>\Common Files\SolidWorks\Lang\English is there
a file named SwBrowser.mdbold.

if so delete it.
and try the following
1. Execute the "UpdateBrowserData.exe" found in the "C:\Program
Files\Solidworks\Toolbax\data utilties" directory.

2. In the "Updating Database" field - browse to the "updatedb.mdb" file
in the default directory: "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox\data
utilities\lang\English\".

3. In the "Database to Update" field - browse to the "SWBrowser.mdb"
file in the default directory "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks
Data\lang\English\" (if on a shared network toolbox, then browse to the
shared toolbox directory instead).

4. In the "Current Version Database" field, you can leave it blank.

5. Then click on UPDATE button to update the Toolbox with the different
configurations. (Because by default, SW Toolbox parts come in 1
configuration, and others are added each time you create one).

0
CS

GDB 6.0 on AIX 4.3.3
Hello, I am trying to use gdb 6.0 to debug C++ application which was built using C++ batch compiler from Visual Age 5.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3 ML6 (RS6000 workstation). Debugger runs fine, but it does not allow to see contents of any C++ classes - it says something likie "Incomplete structure" when you try to print class contents. I have seen explanation for this problem about 1.5 years ago in comp.unix.aix newsgroup. David Edelsohn form IBM Watson Research Center said that "you will not be able to debug a C++ application compiled with xlC/VAC++ because GDB expects G++ name mangling and...

Active Trees: Beta, Third Iteration #2
Hello Forum, The zip file for Active Trees is now available. Ian was kind enough to post it on his website. The link is http://www.idb.me.uk/eric.html. Feedback is most welcome! Cheers, Eric ...

Hole boundaries -> need some help...please..
how to calculate the hole boundaries?... below is my last coding of my project. actually i stuck on that coding because i don't know how to calculate the hole boundaries in that image which already trace the boundaries. for k =1 : length(B), if (k>N) boundary2 = B{k}; %Boundary of the whole bunch plot (boundary2(:,2), boundary2(:,1), 'r', 'LineWidth', 3); else boundary1 = B{k}; %Boundary of the ripe plot (boundary1(:,2), boundary1(:,1), 'g', 'LineWidth', 2); end end ...

please someone help me to fix this error(Error using ==> kmeans at 382 An empty cluster error occurred in every replicate)
??? Error using ==> kmeans at 382 An empty cluster error occurred in every replicate. Error in ==> segmentizeImage1 at 25 [cluster_idx cluster_center] = kmeans(ab,nColors,'distance','sqEuclidean', ... Error in ==> bui_simple>start_snap_Callback at 108 segmentizeImage1; Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96 feval(varargin{:}); Error in ==> bui_simple at 42 gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:}); Error in ==> @(hObject,eventdata)bui_simple('start_snap_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject)) ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback ...

text extenders error can't find indexes
Hi, I'm stumped. Our text extenders stopped working on one database. I think that i'm missing something simple here. The column is enabled... but when you do an index status it doesn't know anything about it. Any thoughts? Thanks Wayne db2tx => connect to ball user fdsafasdf using asdfdsadsaf Database Connection Information Database product = DB2/6000 07.02.0008 SQL authorization ID = DB2INST1 Local database alias = BALL db2tx => ENABLE DATABASE DES0765N The database is already enabled for DB2 Te...

Linked lists error
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc/browse_thread/thread/2f3756ce2c518e30/b20f4ae76d243205#b20f4ae76d243205 <ivanfernandez80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141595349.202666.26220@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc/browse_thread/thread/2f3756ce2c518e30/b20f4ae76d243205#b20f4ae76d243205 > It looks like you are getting really good advice in the Delphi group already. However, as I have mentioned in this group previously, I'd recommend that you get a copy of 'Algorithms + Data Structures...

VB3
VB3: I've recently installed Win 2000 and I am experiencing problems with the Setup Wizard. After selecting and adding all the required files, the Wizard just keeps looping back to the first screen which asks for the project file MAK. ie, it never completes the DOS compression routine. Any help would be most appreciated. Many thanks Meander. ...

Re: Normality Code #2
Thanks Ian with some help I got it to run error free :) ...

Mozart 2, a new 64-bit implementation of Oz, now available
The PLDC Research Group at UCL (pldc.info.ucl.ac.be) is proud to announce t= he first release of Mozart 2. Binary downloads for popular operating syste= ms and full source code (under open source license) are available at www.mo= zart-oz.org. This release contains a completely redesigned and reimplement= ed 64-bit virtual machine (compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit processors and= C++ coding standards), and adds a reflective extension interface to the vi= rtual machine to allow language extensions defined by Oz programs. The PLD= C Research Group is using Mozart 2 for education and r...

Test #2 #9
Its only test. Please klick on a link to test: http://www.surf-tipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?03 Thanks ...

About Blastwave's GNOME 2.16.3
Hello, As of late, GNOME 2.16.3 was ported to Sun Solaris to support Sun Solaris 8/9/10 and OpenSolaris distros. The Blastwave mirrors are now updated and you can find newer packages at http://www.blastwave.org/testing. Some new features include: 1. GIMP 2.3.15 2. Evolution 2.8.2.1 3. GuCharmap 1.10.0 4. GNOME 2.18.1 app development support 5. MetaCity 2.16.5 window management with Solaris 10 Xinerama support 6. Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.0 (official releases) 7 Cairo 1.4.6 backend 8. Quanta Plus 3.5.6 (Web development editor) available. Let me know if you have any issues or que...

Graphing the error function (for backpropagation)
In the books they often graph the error function in 3D to demonstrate the idea behind gradient descent. Can anyone help me visualize and/or graph this function? What are the x, y, z coordinates? What is the equation, or what are the approximating data points? Thanks in advance for help, -Victor Piousbox, student On Jan 5, 3:39=A0pm, a314658 <314...@gmail.com> wrote: > In the books they often graph the error function in 3D to demonstrate > the idea behind gradient descent. Can anyone help me visualize and/or > graph this function? What are the x, y, z coordinates? What is the ...

Segmentation error... not in debugging more
Hi... I was optimizing my code removing for cycles and switching to array operations. The new code make use of reshape and repmat as I show later. The new code works perfectly if executed directly from the command window, but give a segmentation fault when executed from m-file (it is not a function). Furthermore, when I execute the m-file in debugging mode, no error occurs. Any idea? The code is: ------------ SIZE=[size(Image,1) size(Image,2)]; Nph=size(Image,3); HypIm=reshape(Image,[prod(SIZE) Nph]); HypCos=repmat(cos(ph),[prod(SIZE) 1]); HypSin=repmat(sin(ph),[prod(SIZE) 1]); ImgC...

ANN: ClipMagic 3.2.1
On behalf of MJT Net Ltd, SharewarePromotions are delighted to announce the release and immediate availability of ClipMagic version 3.2.1 - a powerful Windows Clipboard Extender and Information Manager. ClipMagic offers everything you would expect from a powerful clipboard extender. But it also goes much further than that to provide a powerful yet easy to use research and information management tool. ClipMagic can work with all web browsers to record the URL's with text and images that you take from the web. It also has its own internal web browser, to make net research e...

Trigraph sequences #2
What is the practical significance of having trigraph sequences ? junky_fellow@yahoo.co.in wrote: > What is the practical significance of having trigraph > sequences ? The characters #, \, ^, [, ], |, {, }, and ~ are part of the character set of C source code (7 bit ASCII representation), but cannot be represented in the ISO 646-1983 Invariant Code Set. Hence the workaround. Trigraphs are replaced before any other processing happens. On 7 Jul 2005 21:28:36 -0700, junky_fellow@yahoo.co.in wrote: > What is the practical significance of having trigraph > sequences ? Today, ba...

Re: Combining top three values with another variable
Okay perhaps I am having a senior moment at a very young age today: Proc Sort Data = Test2 ; By Name Descending Score ; Run ; Data Need ( Keep = Name Date Score ) ; Set Test2 ; By Name ; If First.Name Then Cnt = 0 ; Cnt + 1 ; If Cnt <= 3 Then Output ; Run ; Toby Dunn Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever. Aristophanes Wise people, even though all laws were abolished, would still lead the same life. Aristophanes You should not decide until you have heard what both have to say. Aristophanes From: toby dunn <tobydunn@H...

Reamed holes in the hole wizard?
Hi all, I often need to put reamed holes in the parts I am designing for dowel pins etc. Is there anything in the hole wizard that allows this? Often, I need say for a 6.0mm dowel, a 6.020 oversize reamed hole, and was wondering if there is a way to do this with the hole wizard, rather than manually doing it (so the info turns up in the drawing)? TIA, Joe -- Remove nospam when replying JOe, I have never done this, but supposedly you can create your own set of standards in options>data options. Might be worth investigating. -- Seth Renigar Emerald Tool and Mold Inc. (Remove ...

Lagacy Holes and Hole Callouts
Does anyone else have as many problems with hole callouts on legacy holes as I do? For example, I have a counterdrilled legacy hole. The end condition is set to "through". When I add a hole callout in the drawing, I get the following: <MOD-DIAM>.1563 THRU <MOD-DIAM><DIM> <MOD-DIAM>.1719<HOLE-DEPTH>.7394 <MOD-DIAM>.1563<HOLE-DEPTH>.7394 What is the world is this?!?!? Now, the way it should read, and the way it reads on other counterdrilled hole callouts within the same drawing is: <MOD-DIAM>.125 THRU <MOD-DIAM><DIM>&...

Error #2
hi, i've got this error Feb 10 03:10:14 rrhh SRS Proxy[23092]: [ID 711089 daemon.error] unhandled exception: open_store open(/var/SUNWsrspx/SRSQueueStore/ store/.free) error: 13 what can i do? thx, Plactoon On Feb 12, 7:40 pm, "Plactoon" <elsersupr...@hotmail.com> wrote: > hi, i've got this error > > Feb 10 03:10:14 rrhh SRS Proxy[23092]: [ID 711089 daemon.error] > unhandled exception: open_store open(/var/SUNWsrspx/SRSQueueStore/ > store/.free) error: 13 > > what can i do? > > thx, > > Plactoon This error is related to the Net co...

phase error variance to rms phase error calculation
hello, i have an expression that gives the phase error variance of QPSK system as follows:\ phase error variance=(Aif/sqrt(2*pi*n))*I0(-Aif/2*n) here, Aif=IF amplitude, n=noise component variance, I0=modified bessel function of the 1st kind How can i calculate rms phase error of that system from this phase error variance thanks Reza ...

re: Informix to Oracle migration #2

file type, import wizard, MATLAB tool,
I work with files whose extension is ODF. They are only known to my colleagues and myself. In the "Current Folder" window, I click on such file, and this invokes some user-defined function. Where and how is this set up??? How can I change it? I am quoting http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f8-8880.html << File associations for the Windows Explorer tool do not affect what happens when you open one of these file types from within MATLAB. MATLAB acts on the file using the MATLAB tool associated with that file type. For example, even if your system associates .mat ...

wxODBC #2
Hello, I'm new on wx and I intend to make a small database client. I wish to store images in a Firebird table and display them in a wxGrid. Here are the questions: - how could I retrieve BLOBs from database using wx table class ? - how could I display the image? Should I make a renderer for the grid cell or is there already implemented such feature? Thank you in advance! Mike _______________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now. http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush ----------------------------------------------...

TOC errors
I have a slight problem. I need to take the table of contents from a series of Docs and put them into a single file. Is there anyway to do this without the 'error bookmarks not defined'? ...

Re: progress on wcard draft #2
Edward Lewis <edlewis@arin.net> wrote: >I'm finally started in on an update of the document. While I'm >reconstructing it based on discussions over the past month or so, I >have one more open question: > >Can an NS record be synthesized? > >E.g., (assuming [Q]CLASS=IN for all) > > example. SOA ... > NS ns1.example. > NS ns2.example. > * NS ns3.example. > NS ns4.example. > ns1 ...