Hole Wizard error #2

I've asked this before but just wondered if anyone else has had the same
problem.  My hole wizard throws an error every time I use it.  The error
says that the Hole Wizard could not save the favorites Db or another error
occurred.  I've removed SW, cleaned the registry, manually searched and
deleted any other SW keys I could find, reinstalled, but had the same
result.  I removed the hole wizard favorite file location from the
options-file locations and specified a folder that I knew the user had full
permissions on. Same result.  This is on Win XP SP 2.0, SW 2006 SP 3.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

0
Tony
1/20/2006 1:23:17 AM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

What kind of rights do you have to your computer SolidWorks users need
to be at a minimum in the Power Users Group.

0
CS
1/20/2006 1:56:18 PM
Sorry for the late reply.  Just catching up from SWW 06.

I tried this both as Admin and restricted user.  The results were the same.

Tony

"CS" <cscheich@ae-solutions.com> wrote in message
> What kind of rights do you have to your computer SolidWorks users need
> to be at a minimum in the Power Users Group.

0
Tony
1/29/2006 9:50:31 PM
Browse to <Program Files>\Common Files\SolidWorks\Lang\English is there
a file named SwBrowser.mdbold.

if so delete it.
and try the following
1. Execute the "UpdateBrowserData.exe" found in the "C:\Program
Files\Solidworks\Toolbax\data utilties" directory.

2. In the "Updating Database" field - browse to the "updatedb.mdb" file
in the default directory: "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox\data
utilities\lang\English\".

3. In the "Database to Update" field - browse to the "SWBrowser.mdb"
file in the default directory "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks
Data\lang\English\" (if on a shared network toolbox, then browse to the
shared toolbox directory instead).

4. In the "Current Version Database" field, you can leave it blank.

5. Then click on UPDATE button to update the Toolbox with the different
configurations. (Because by default, SW Toolbox parts come in 1
configuration, and others are added each time you create one).

0
CS