Hole Wizard Error

 SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error
"Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is not
the expected version (8.7)"

 I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off.
Lucky guys. ;-)

 Any ideas here?
My Rod really needs a threaded hole in it.

Thanks

0
itsnotme (2)
1/2/2004 10:18:43 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

:
:  I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off.
: Lucky guys. ;-)
:
googled swbrowser.mdb and came up with your question (and an answer of sorts) on a
German NG. Seems there is a utility called UpdateBrowserData.exe located in a
folder called SolidWorks2004\Toolbox\data utilities which should do the trick of
updating the database.

David Janes

0
David
1/3/2004 9:29:52 AM
"George" <itsnotme@hotmail.com> wrote in

>  SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error
> "Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb'
> is not the expected version (8.7)"
>
>  I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off.
> Lucky guys. ;-)
>
>  Any ideas here?
> My Rod really needs a threaded hole in it.
>
> Thanks

I had the same problem and could not resolve it with update browser.

If the update doesn't work you can try what I did. Simply open the database
'[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' with Access and look for the
table named "version". Open it and change the number (I guess it's 8.6) to
8.7. Close the database and retry your hole wizard.

I don't know if this could cause problems in the future versions but so far
it works for me...

Hope this helps.

Pascal Dufour
0
Pascal
1/3/2004 7:19:12 PM
I saw this error only after rolling back from sp1 tp sp0. The only thing
that fixed it for me was re-installing sp1.

jk

"George" <itsnotme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error
> "Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is
not
> the expected version (8.7)"
>
>  I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off.
> Lucky guys. ;-)
>
>  Any ideas here?
> My Rod really needs a threaded hole in it.
>
> Thanks

0
John
1/4/2004 7:35:51 PM
If you haven't upgraded to SP01 try this work around:

Open a new blank assembly, then use the hole wizard on your part.
Don't know why this works, but it does.  I had the same problem, my
VAR tracked down the solution and got back to me.  Apparently, I've
got the only good one in the Solidworks world.  Hope this helped.

Matt

> SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error
> "Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is not
> the expected version (8.7)"
>
>  I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off.
> Lucky guys. ;-)
>
>  Any ideas here?
> My Rod really needs a threaded hole in it.
>
> Thanks
0
marnold

Hole Wizard error #2
I've asked this before but just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem. My hole wizard throws an error every time I use it. The error says that the Hole Wizard could not save the favorites Db or another error occurred. I've removed SW, cleaned the registry, manually searched and deleted any other SW keys I could find, reinstalled, but had the same result. I removed the hole wizard favorite file location from the options-file locations and specified a folder that I knew the user had full permissions on. Same result. This is on Win XP SP 2.0, SW 2006 SP 3. Any help apprec...

CamWorks and SolidWorks hole wizard features
Our machine shop uses Camworks for our parts designed in SolidWorks. When countersink or counterbored features are put in using the hole wizard, CamWorks does not automatically recognize the csink or cbore portion. If the same feature is put in as a cut extrude vs. cut revolve, then everything works fine. Anyone else come across this? As a designer, I use the hole wizard as a convenient way to save time, but it ends up taking our programmer extra time to manually program those holes. Under CamWorks options and features make sure 3 axis pockets and all other features are chosen for extract ma...

Hole Wizard "out of memory" error

Hole Wizard Holes Changing by themselves~?
I have an engineer here who says that he puts a hole wizard tap hole in a part and later, he finds that the hole becomes a different size. Does anyone else see this happening? We are using 2006 SP3.1, and our toolbox and hole wizard are on a network drive. We have 25 CAD systems pointing at this network drive location. Thanks, Mark MrSlabaugh wrote: > I have an engineer here who says that he puts a hole wizard tap hole in > a part and later, he finds that the hole becomes a different size. > > Does anyone else see this happening? > > We are using 2006 SP3.1, and our t...

Reamed holes in the hole wizard?
Hi all, I often need to put reamed holes in the parts I am designing for dowel pins etc. Is there anything in the hole wizard that allows this? Often, I need say for a 6.0mm dowel, a 6.020 oversize reamed hole, and was wondering if there is a way to do this with the hole wizard, rather than manually doing it (so the info turns up in the drawing)? TIA, Joe -- Remove nospam when replying JOe, I have never done this, but supposedly you can create your own set of standards in options>data options. Might be worth investigating. -- Seth Renigar Emerald Tool and Mold Inc. (Remove ...

Solidworks Hole Wizard Callout
Hello All, If what i am about to ask has already been submitting on another thread, please le tme know where it is. The Solidworks 2007 sp5.0 i'm using currently has another hole standard added to the list of "Ansi Inch", "Ansi Metric", "BIS", "DIN", etc. it's a custom catagory added called "Custom Thread". the Type: "tapped hole", Size: #000-120. someone who was here before put that in there somehow. but now when i go to the drawing and i use the "hole callout" feature, it only displays the hole's diameter...

ISSUE ON SW2006 S.P.0-Database and Hole wizard error
We tried to install on four PCs (Dell Dimension- XPpro-SP2) SW2006. Everything went smooth during install process. But when we tried to use the hole wizard SW gives an error message like:"unable to open the database.." ,the command stops so that no hole could be introduced in the part. When we exit from command SW works fine and does not crash.. Also if I try to modify an existing part with hole in it, I can edit function, but immediately the error message appears and stops the command (however SW does not crash as well). I've read already some threads about this issue and ...

Want to add your own hole geometry to Hole Wizard?
Here's how: www.markkulehtola.net/SWHW-own_geometry.pdf I'm also trying to figure out how to add a own tab to HW...I know I have to edit swbrowser.mdb, but is there something else...? regards Markku CSWP, www.finsw.net, www.markkulehtola.net And how, might I ask, did you discover all this? Inside help? WT "Markku Lehtola" <tukko666@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177780340.322388.3310@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Here's how: > > www.markkulehtola.net/SWHW-own_geometry.pdf > > I'm also trying to figure out how to add a own tab to HW....

disable certain hole wizard tapped hole sizes?
What would be the best way to prevent a user from selecting certain tapped hole sizes in the hole wizard? I would rather not actually delete any of the tapped hole sizes but rather disable or hide certain ones that we do not want used. Thanks, Sam "Sam" <neverchecked40@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109688373.461045.9900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > What would be the best way to prevent a user from selecting certain > tapped hole sizes in the hole wizard? I would rather not actually > delete any of the tapped hole sizes but rather disable or hide cer...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

Solidworks error?
When i click to close the window of a part or assembly Solidworks now completely crashes and shuts down instead of just closing the window (Solidworks 2006). Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't modified anything that I know of that could cause this... Wouldn't mind be being able to fix this problem within the next few hours. By the way this doesn't happen with small assemblies and parts, only medium and large assemblies... but has always worked fine in the past. Thanks. What happens if you go to File > Close instead of using the "X" to close a file? Steve ...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

error or not an error ...
I was just testing out the R4 REXX thingy, and it found an error in the following program. My question is this, is it an error or not? My PC/REXX and Regina don't barf on it, but I thought they should've. _____________________________________________ /**/ ?.='' ?.z='batman' trace i if ?.z\==''then do; say '?.z=' ?.z; end ______________________________________________ Note that there is space before the THEN. I'm not sure of the exact rules for parsing an IF statement, I know that THEN is a "reserved" keyword when an IF statement is...

Solidworks Through All Hole
I am having trouble making a through all hole. Now, I have done plenty of regular through all holes that go either vertical or horizontal. But, this current project I am working on requires a hole that is angled at 45 degrees. I will just quickly describe the part: There is a base plate that is 8"x8". In the center is a cylinder with a height of 2". On the top of the cylinder is a chamfer at a 45 degree angle for .75". On this chamfer is where I need to put this through all hole. I already have the circle drawn on that side by sketching a plane on the chamfer. It&#...

Web resources about - Hole Wizard Error - comp.cad.solidworks

Wizard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Locum service Need A Barista offers emergency coffee wizards in Melbourne
... now has a barista locum service so that cafes do not have to put ordinary&nbsp;staff behind their coffee machine if&nbsp;the usual coffee wizard ...

Even as "Wicked" retold "The Wizard of Oz" from the point of view of the Wicked Witch....
... I believe there is a market for "Dennis the Menace" retold from the point of view of of Alice Mitchell. I'm looking at "In the 1980s a newspaper ...

Nuggets 117, Wizards 113
Denver Nuggets v Washington Wizards The Denver Nuggets are seen against the Washington Wizards on January 28, 2016 at Verizon Center in Washington, ...

Joe Russo Teases Major Captain America: Civil War Spoiler at Wizard World: New Orleans
During a Wizard World New Orleans panel for Captain America: Civil War, the filmmakers sure made [...]

Obama: Curry 'was clownin'' against Wizards
... Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Obama: Curry 'was clownin'' against Wizards Your ...

It’s Over: Trump Defeat Predicted By Mexican Wizard
Great Warlock of Mexico says Trump will end up in mental hospital, El Chapo will be killed

This Blocked Bradley Beal Dunk Is A Metaphor For The Wizards' Season
Poor Bradley Beal, and poor Wizards, who dropped to 20-24 with their 117-113 loss at home to the Nuggets. Read more...

'Wizards of Waverly Place' Star Jake T. Austin Reportedly Dating Super Fan Who Tweeted Him for Five Years ...
'Wizards of Waverly Place' Star Jake T. Austin Reportedly Dating Super Fan Who Tweeted Him for Five Years

Blowing Wizard Smoke: Beautifully Hand Carved Gimli, Smaug And Gandalf Tobacco Pipes
These are the Hobbit/Lord Of The Rings themed tobacco pipes carved by ultra-professional pipe carver SVpipesdesign . I think he also takes commissions, ...