Maximum Radius of curvature?

Hello,
In SW, the Check menu allows you to check the" maximum radius of
curvature". What exactly does this mean?  It seems to mean different
things in different industries. I have checked all my radius's and the
numbers dont match up with anything. Is the some kind of standard
equation for this? I couldnt find anything online.
Thanks
Mike
0
Mike
7/18/2007 12:56:41 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Mike wrote:
> Hello,
> In SW, the Check menu allows you to check the" maximum radius of
> curvature". What exactly does this mean?  It seems to mean different
> things in different industries. I have checked all my radius's and the
> numbers dont match up with anything. Is the some kind of standard
> equation for this? I couldnt find anything online.
> Thanks
> Mike

Actually, that should be the "minimum" radius of curvature. It just
finds the smallest radius (largest curvature) on the model. If you have
used modeling techniques which lead to "singularities" (such as lofting
to a point), the curvature at the point can be very tight (radius in the
..00x" or less region). It is usually used to troubleshoot a model when
an offset, shell or fillet will not work. If the minimum radius on a
part is .030", you may have difficulty shelling it at .090". It
shouldn't mean anything different to any particular industry.
0
matt

C code for maximum sqaure that can fit in butterfly curves
I am looking for C source code that can find the area of maximum square that can fit in butterfly curves.I am struck with project because of this. I would greatly appreciate if some one can help with this problem. Thanks sunnyv sunny wrote: > I am looking for C source code that can find the area of maximum > square that can fit in butterfly curves.I am struck with project > because of this. I would greatly appreciate if some one can help with > this problem. Have you tried Googling for it? Asking in comp.programmer may also be a good idea, as there general methods and algorit...

Moving maximum
I have the following data: data aaa; input x; cards; 2 1 5 7 4 3 2 9 5 8 2; run; I want to create a variable "max" that tracks the 5-day moving maximum of the "x" series. At the end, the "aaa" dataset will look like x max -- --- 2 2 1 2 5 5 7 7 4 7 3 7 2 7 5 7 5 5 3 5 8 8 Your help is greatly appreciated. Change the window size to whatever you need: data bbb / view=bbb; set aaa; n_=_n_; run; %let window=5; proc sql; create table movingmax(drop=n_) as s...

Re: Moving maximum #7
Here is another solution I received from Paul Choate data a; input x @@; cards; 2 1 5 7 4 3 2 5 5 3 8 ; run; %let n=5; data b(drop=_:); set a; array _mov(&n.) (&n.*.); _mov(mod(_n_-1,&n.)+1)=x; Mov&n.Max=max(of _mov1-_mov&n.); run; ...

Maximum MU reached.
Hello. Before to writing this post, i say to you that i'm Spanish. So, sorry my English ;-) I'm working with a multilayer perceptron and learning with backpropagation, using trainlm function trainning. The networks architecture is simple, it has one hidden layer (tansig) only and one neuron (purelin) in output. I have 500 patterns and each has 182 components. When i try to train the ANN, the train stop in few seconds and i get the "Maximum MU reached" message. I use MAE as function performance and i don't use cross validation. My code is this: nn=newff(entradas...

Maximum key size
Does anyone know what the maximum size of a key can be on D3? I can find it in the online version of the docs. I seem to remember a long time ago something about 50 but that could have been the maximum size of a file name or even a limit that has since changed from eons ago. I have found some keys to be 66 characters in length and was wondering if I could potentially run into some even longer. It seems that someone made the key to one of the files here be the book title. Thanks eppick77 wrote: > Does anyone know what the maximum size of a key can be on D3? I can > find...

Maximum Mount points in fstab and maximum nfs mounts
Hello All: I am trying to find out what is the maximum (theoritical or practical) limit on number mount points that one have in /etc/fstab. Also, what about mount points in /etc/mnttab (for fsys's that I mount while the system is up i.e. not during boot up and have no fstab entries). Additionally, what is the limit for total nfs mounts? RTFM on fstab has not shown much. Somewhere I found that nfs mounts limit is 400!? Has anyone looked into this before? Thank you for your assistance everyone! ...

Radius of a zip code
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3CBD7.95A98D70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello all, I was trying to find all zip codes within a given zip code or radius. I have map points and Latitude and Longitude in my zip table. I remember seeing a post or two referencing this but can't see to find it. I've tried the following with no luck: -- 20 Miles --select 20 * 360.0 / (7900.0 * atan2(1,1) * 4.0); select * from zip_code where map_loc @ circle(map_point('d...

What is the maximum integer?
Dear all, I discovered via trial and (compile) error that the maximum value for selected_int_kind on my platform is 38. This is a small example code:[1] program maxint integer,parameter :: maxi = selected_int_kind(38) integer(kind=maxi) :: maxinteger print *, huge(maxinteger) end program maxint Is there a way to find the value of 38 without trial and error? I assume this is OS dependent (Windows, Unix, Linux, ...), platform dependent (32bit/64 bit) and compiler dependent (gfortran, g95, intel....) -- so is there a way to determine this largest representable integer without knowing t...

maximum likehood, unobserved heterogeneity
Dear All, Is there a procedure in SAS that would allow for maximization of a joint log-likelihood of a model with two dependent variables and unobserved heterogeneity? In principle this should be possible in the proc Model, however acording to the SAS help the joint likelihood must be normal when one estimates a model by the method of maximum likehood in this procedure, while one of my dep. variables is binary. I will be grateful for any hint. There are several procedures in SAS can deal with your problem. For example, the Heckman selection bias model in which one dependent variable is bina...

Re: Maximum Compression updated
[Quote] Your site is very interesting, but in my opinion HTML (or XML) is not directly represented, and is an interesting one to see compression ratios on. The point is that HTML is extremely rundundant when looked at in the right way, and I can imagine larger variations than might be seen in the plain text compressors..? I guess results might be similar to the PDF tests (at least for ones which include no graphics...) What do you think? [/Quote] I did a test with HTML compression some time ago (I compressed 1 single file (containing several concatenated html files) with a length of 18....

Maximum
Hallo an alle!! Ich habe folgendes Problem: Ich habe eine Funktion f(a,b) definiert, die mir bei gegebenen a und b ein Doppelintgral berechnet, wobei ein Paramter a als Grenze dient und der andere als Paramter in der Funtion. Nun will ich jene Werte von a und b im einem vorgebenen Intervall haben, wo das Integral den maximalen Wert annimmt. Ich habe das jetzt so gel=F6st: M=3Dzeros(100,100); for i=3D1:100 for j=3D1:100 M(i,j)=3Df(i/10,j/10); end end v=3Dmax(M); l=F6sung=3Dmax(v) Das funktioniert, ist aber sehr uneffizient, da er lange rechnet. Das Doppelintegral habe i...

Maximum Performance
I am using FreeBSD 5.4 on a 700MHz laptop with 256MB of ram. I use it for surfing the web, GNUCash and some c++ development. I would like to tune it as much as possible, can anybody recommend some good guides? So far I've just recompiled the kernel with a lot of unused drivers taken out. I'd be interested in what flags I could use to get a better performance kernel too. Gav On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 14:42:57 +0100, Gav wrote: > I am using FreeBSD 5.4 on a 700MHz laptop with 256MB of ram. I use it for > surfing the web, GNUCash and some c++ development. I would like to ...

proportional resize with maximum height and maximum width.
hello, is it possible to resize an image with same proportion. having a maximum height and a maximum width. the solution should work on main browsers (do not use max-height and max-width). or should i do it with javascript? In article <1194056834.640363.30540@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, Jean-S�bastien <jeansebastien.ney@gmail.com> wrote: > is it possible to resize an image with same proportion. > having a maximum height and a maximum width. The question as a whole makes no sense. If you want an image to resize with a container and be in some pro...

setting maximum length of TERec structure ( mac)
Hi, How could we set the maximum lenght of a TERec structure. We want to set the maximum lenght for extended-edit type in mac to suppose 32767, How should we do it ? we coded like as below. But still (*teHandle)->teLength is not modified. where teHandle is of typr **TERec if( len > 32767 ) { len = 32767; HLock ((Handle)teHandle) ; (*teHandle)->teLength = len; (*teHandle)->selEnd = (*teHandle)->teLength ; HUnlock ((Handle)teHandle) ; } Please suggest any way to achieve this ? Thanks and Regards Sanjaya In article <ad89a2b9c20fdb1ead08c99...

Maximum Hard Drive Size on older Motherboard ?
Hi. I have an old linux 2.4 box on an Abit BX6r2 (440BX) motherboard, PII-450, UDMA/33. Can I buy a new 500GB or 750GB ATA-100 HD and use the full drive even if the motherboard bios is probably limited to 120 gb (this is what I've read)? I've been web searching, and LBA-48 related comments come up, but I don't know if this will be a limit or not. I can't find a definitive answer. Thanks! On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:51:13 +0000, John Rhome wrote: > Hi. I have an old linux 2.4 box on an Abit BX6r2 (440BX) motherboard, > PII-450, UDMA/33. Can I buy a new 500GB or 750...

maximum of a series
Hi Mathematica Community, how can I represent for example the maximum of the summations :sum[a[k],{k,i,j}] where j varies from i to n? Thank you m[i_Integer, n_Integer] := Max[Table[Sum[a[k], {k, i, j}], {j, i, n}]] /; n >= i m[3, 5] Max[a[3], a[3] + a[4], a[3] + a[4] + a[5]] Bob Hanlon ---- olfa <olfa.mraihi@yahoo.fr> wrote: ============= Hi Mathematica Community, how can I represent for example the maximum of the summations :sum[a[k],{k,i,j}] where j varies from i to n? Thank you ...

Find the absolute maximum values in a matrix?
Hi, frind, I am dealing with a matrix with positive or negative values. here, I need to find the maximum values (Absolute maximum value) in each rows of the matrix A, and comprise a new column vector B. And repeated to do it for many times to comprise a big matrix C, (each colums of C is different B vector.) For instance: A = [ 1, 3, -9, 8; 7, 12, -3, 0; -7, 6, 0, 3 ] so, B = [ -9; 12; -7 ] How to do that? I tried to use: max(abs(A),[],2) but don't know how to deal with the neg...

maximum likelihood Newton-Raphson algorithm for log tranformation of dependent variable
Hi, I did the log transformaiton of dependent variable in a model. I was wondering how to estimate each independent variable in the model using maximum likelihood Newton-Raphson algorithm. Could anyone post some sample codes? Thanks a lot. ...

Function to calculate radius from three points
Does anyone know if there is a MATLAB function that will calculate the radius of a cirlce specified from three points in the perimeter? For example, x1,y1 x2,y2 x3,y3 Thanks, Lee In article <ef3bc24.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, "Lee Hudson" <lee.hudson_2@philips.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a MATLAB function that will calculate > the radius of a cirlce specified from three points in the perimeter? > For example, > x1,y1 > x2,y2 > x3,y3 > Thanks, > Lee ------------------ There is no single matlab function that will calculate it, bu...

Maximum Masturbation
Maximum Masturbation http://t.co/xz3bFN7f ...

Re: Maximum length of a string #10
Hi Gerhard, You say the dot is ignored, so I presume it does not get interpreted like a format, right? That is because a numeric length of 3 and a numeric format of 3. are quite different things. I would also like that SAS gave a warning in this instance. Andr� Wielki already informed me about this privately. However, where is it documented? I couldn't find it. Andr� says it is not in the documentation as far as he knows, but it already applies since SAS vs. 5.18. Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld On Wed, 28 Jun 200...

Maximum
Hi: Sorry, I had to start a new thread on the same subject, because some imbecile decided to add OT crap. I am asking a technical question. No offense but please don't bring in irrelevant topics [such as budget]. I was asking in terms of quality for human auditory perception. What are the maximum *practical* limits of the following for an FM synth: 1. Number of voices: 2. Operators per voice: 3. Number of channels**: **Yamaha's OPL3 has 18 channels quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YMF262 : "Twice as many channels (18 instead of 9)" Obviously the "...

maximum integer length?
Hey everyone, I am trying to figure out what is the largest integer I can. Lets say for 400 megabytes of memory at my disposal. I have tried a few things c = 2**1000000 d = 2**2000000 print c**d Obviously I didn't have enough memory for that, but I was able to c**3. (I think anyways, it is still trying to display the result) So I am just wondering how long an integer can be with 400 megabytes of memory. I guess this is a question of logic? each integer takes up a byte right? If I have 400 megabytes that would mean I could have a long integer with up to 419,430,400,000 integers? R...

Raster maximum value within polygon
Dear esri users, I have a raster (a DEM) and a polygon shapefile. I want to obtain for each polygon the coordinates of the raster cell containing the maximum elevation. These coordinates could be either stored as new fields in the polygon shapefile (e.g. xmax and ymax) or, even better, as a new point shapefile. I have searched for a solution in ArcScript without success. Any idea ? look for zonalmax function in your esri GIS software ciao, ms julf ha scritto: > Dear esri users, > > I have a raster (a DEM) and a polygon shapefile. I want to obtain for >...

Maximum number of open files
Is it possible at all to set max. number of descriptors per process more than 1000? Can anyone comment on the following: # ulimit -n 1000 # ulimit -nH 5000 # ulimit -nS 5000 sh: ulimit: bad limit: Invalid argument Thanks, Roman ...