Thanks in advance

0
FrankW
11/8/2004 1:52:34 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Where is your hunting camp? Siberia?  After how many beers?

Just joking around.  "DAGEN" looks German, but just a guess.

Keith
"FrankW" <fworm@mxznorpak.ca> wrote in message
> This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
> in our hunt camp
>
> EG GREV NED MIN ELD
> SENT OM KVELD
> NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
> GUD GJE MIN ELD
> ALDER SLOKNA UT
>

> Anyone know what it says?
> Thanks in advance

0
Keith
11/8/2004 2:13:26 PM
Definitely not German.

Scandinavian?  The "naar" and "kveld" have a Norwegian ring.

FrankW wrote:
> This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
> in our hunt camp
>
> EG GREV NED MIN ELD
> SENT OM KVELD
> NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
> GUD GJE MIN ELD
> ALDER SLOKNA UT
>

> Anyone know what it says?
> Thanks in advance

0
That70sTick
11/8/2004 2:20:20 PM
This is waaay cool!
<http://www.geocities.com/infonorway/art/music/songs/grev.html>

0
That70sTick
11/8/2004 2:22:51 PM
LOL
We were trying to drink enough beers
to actually read it. Didn't work or we
didn't drink enough. :-)
I think it's Norwegian.

Keith Streich wrote:

> Where is your hunting camp? Siberia?  After how many beers?
>
> Just joking around.  "DAGEN" looks German, but just a guess.
>
> Keith
> "FrankW" <fworm@mxznorpak.ca> wrote in message
>
>>This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
>>in our hunt camp
>>
>>EG GREV NED MIN ELD
>>SENT OM KVELD
>>NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
>>GUD GJE MIN ELD
>>ALDER SLOKNA UT
>>

>>Anyone know what it says?
>>Thanks in advance

0
FrankW
11/8/2004 2:23:56 PM
Translation from the previously mentioned web page:

"I rake my fire" ("EG GREV NED MIN ELD")
I rake my fire
Late at night when the day is over
God let my fire
Never burn out

FrankW wrote:
> This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
> in our hunt camp
>
> EG GREV NED MIN ELD
> SENT OM KVELD
> NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
> GUD GJE MIN ELD
> ALDER SLOKNA UT
>

> Anyone know what it says?
> Thanks in advance

0
That70sTick
11/8/2004 2:57:12 PM
In article <Gd-dnYTymZl25BLcRVn-ug@magma.ca>, FrankW <fworm@mxznorpak.ca>
writes:

>EG GREV NED MIN ELD

  I rake my fire

>SENT OM KVELD

  Late at night

>NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT

  when the day is over

>GUD GJE MIN ELD

  God let my fire

>ALDER SLOKNA UT

  Never burn out

  It's a poem often found on Norwegian wood stoves

  BTW, My source shows "Sent om kveld naar dagen er slut"
to be one line.

HTH
--
Cliff

0
clhuprich
11/8/2004 2:58:26 PM
The cast iron for Jotul stoves is produced in Norway.  Jotul stoves
are assembled in the state of Maine but their parent company is based
in Norway.  They produce some beautiful cast iron.  A site that may
help you out is  www.freetranslation.com

I actually used to work for a stove company that competes with Jotul.
Their on Pro-E but we used SolidWorks.

clhuprich@aol.com (Cliff) wrote in message news:<20041108095826.06144.00000029@mb-m27.aol.com>...
> In article <Gd-dnYTymZl25BLcRVn-ug@magma.ca>, FrankW <fworm@mxznorpak.ca>
> writes:
>
> >EG GREV NED MIN ELD
>
>   I rake my fire
>
> >SENT OM KVELD
>
>   Late at night
>
> >NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
>
>   when the day is over
>
> >GUD GJE MIN ELD
>
>   God let my fire
>
> >ALDER SLOKNA UT
>
>   Never burn out
>

>   It's a poem often found on Norwegian wood stoves
>
>   BTW, My source shows "Sent om kveld naar dagen er slut"
> to be one line.
>
> HTH
0
rrodriguez

[OT] Python Argentina T-shirt to exchange
Hi guys, sorry for this _very_ off-topic message. I'll be in Paris, France next week and I thought someone there might be interested to exchange this http://www.python.com.ar/moin/Remeras T-shirt (size M) with me? I'd really like to take home a py-french (or wherever) one instead. Thanks and sorry again if this has been an inappropriate place to make the request. Pablo Hi! You can post your message on fr.comp.lang.python Bon voyage en France ! @-salutations -- Michel Claveau sites : http://mclaveau.com http://bergoiata.org http://ponx.org ...

Tiger: Finder can't recognize file creator type
I'm having a problem with Tiger and it's a little alarming. All my *.html files show up with a browser's icon instead of an editor's icon. They open in the browser but still have the editor's creator type.They have the Mac resource but I need to drop them on the editor's icon to open them. I can change the default app with Infowindow, but then they ALL change to that editor regardless of creator or resource. Files with a nul creator acquire the generic icon and when doubleclicked open in the editor. Is Apple giving up on the file creator property as it moves towards...

Programming Languages for the Java Virtual Machine
When we talk about Programming Languages for the Java Virtual Machine, does it mean the programming language runs on top of JVM? In other words, it will generate .class. Please advise. thanks!! jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > When we talk about Programming Languages for the Java Virtual Machine, > does it mean the programming language runs on top of JVM? In other > words, it will generate .class. > > Please advise. thanks!! Please elaborate, what do you mean? -- ------------- - ByteCoder - ...I see stupid people ------------- Curiosity *Ski...

Linux: still can't get fonts right
http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png * some letters crammed up against each other * some letters spaced too far apart * spacing between numbers is royally bad * underlining misaligned * underlining so wide it flows to the next letter Note: everything is fixed in the final release On Fri, 23 May 2008 08:45:39 -0400, DFS wrote: > http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png > > * some letters crammed up against each other > * some letters spaced too far apart > * spacing between numbers is royally bad > * underlining misaligned > * underlining so wide i...

I/O priority
All, Is there a way of assigning priorities to tasks for I/O access similar to how nice works for CPU priorities? Right now when I do an I/O intensive task such as tarring a large directory it is causing a general slowdown of the system such as causing MP3 playback to skip and the mouse to become less responsive. I've checked top and there is no issue with CPU usage, so I'm assuming it's to do with I/O. Does anyone know how the I/O priorities can be changed? Thanks Pete On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:56:01 -0500, Pete Calvert staggered into the Black Sun and said: > Is there...

laptop can't find Iyonix by name
Hello all, This seems to be an intermittent problem. You can ping the laptop from the Iyonix by name, or local host IP address but you can only ping the Iyonix by host IP address. This is a pain when trying to test WebJames etc. I have searched for lmhosts files on the laptop but found it to be resistant to allowing me to change it, though as I say it sometimes works. It is not a question of whether I have LanMan98 running or not, but possibly some other program which registers the name of the Iyonix on the lap top. Any ideas? I thank everyone in advance for their respo...

O/T Bluray players for Mac users
Hi I'm interested in getting a Bluray dvd player to hook into my HDTV. I"m mai= nly interested in streaming Netflixs with the occasional dvd so I'm interes= ted in a bluray player with built in wifi. I bought a Magnavox from a local store but spent hours trying to get it to = work with my Mac/Airport wireless set up.I tried downloading a software upd= ate that Magnavox said I would need to make it work but was not able to ope= n it on my Mac so I returned the bluray player to the store. My Roku box wo= rks just so I'm considering just upgrading to a High Dfinition Roku and buy...

basic i/o question #2
how can I make getline(cin, somestring) make skip initial white spaces, say if i enter " a" length should be 1. why do i need to hit enter twice after getline to display what i got? how to over come that? example: int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { string s; string::size_type len; cout << "enter some string" ; getline(cin, s); len = s.length(); cout << len; return 0; } vikas wrote: > how can I make getline(cin, somestring) make skip initial white spaces, > say if i enter " a" length should be 1. > why do i need to hit...

my modem dosn't accept calls
hello, i have -) winnt 4.0 Sp6 -) avm isdn fritz card -) pcanywhere 10.5 when i call over CAPI 2.0 my modem dosn't accept calls how can i configure my modem, that it will accept calls? thx klaus Klaus, 1. this is the CAPI newsgroup. The topics discussed here are CAPI related topics. Inform yourselfe about the topics either by reading some threads (beofre posting) and/or at http://www.capi.org/pages/support.php. 2. What MODEM are you wirting about? And, modem problems are realy OT in this NG. Id recomed you try a different NG and there describe your...

Bruce Eckel wouldn't know why to switch from Python to Ruby
Bruce Eckel (author of amongst other popular books 'Thinking in Java') has doubts why anybody would switch from Python to Ruby. An interesting read: http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=141312 To quote him: "The person I want to hear from is the core Python expert, someone who knows that language incredibly well, who has decided that Ruby is just so much better that all the mature Python libraries and community expertise doesn't hold a candle to the value of moving to Ruby. That person would be able to make a compelling, feature-by-feature argument" Any P...

Important t know about Plot
Dear friends, i was executing the plot command but it didnt work out. the reason was that i had saved an m file with the name of 'plot'. thats why it was giving the error message of "Attempt to execute plot as a function". so if you have saved any mfile with name of plot, plot2, or plot3, just change its name, because it will give the same error. i thought it best to share. thanks "salman " <salmanabdullah9@gmail.com> wrote in message <iorfr4$nol$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > i was executing the plot command but it didnt work...

Trying to reduce spacing around form element (only doesn't look ok in IE6)...
Hi, I'm implementing an internal search engine for a site and have a simple text input box for this on the top of the home page. There are also some text links below it. However, a big whitespace gap appears between the bottom of the text box and the links in IE6. This doesn't happen in either Netscape/Mozilla or Opera. Am I just limited here by an IE quirk or is there some smart way of getting round this? Thanks all, Dave. In article <pfnjkv85nl4unme4porrtf9u7f2e726fm8@4ax.com>, bog@bog.com says... > Hi, > > I'm implementing an internal ...

looking for Jeff O'Dell
Does anyone have knowlege of or a contact for Jeffrey O'Dell, creator of the SUnitBrowser? odellsoft.com has gone dark. His sourceforge project never released files and has no other administrators. It does declare the license to be GLP. I'd like to create an alternate project if he can not be located, to hold the latest versions of the browser. Thanks, Steve Cline Steve Cline wrote: >Does anyone have knowlege of or a contact for Jeffrey O'Dell, creator >of the SUnitBrowser? odellsoft.com has gone dark. His sourceforge >project never released files and ha...

xPc target I/O driver: Advantech's PCL1716?
Hi, I am using a I/O board PCL1716 made from Advantech, but don't know how to install it under xPC target. I can't find any drivers for it from the website. I wonder if there one know how to find its driver or how to handle the problem. Thanks. Alan Hi Alan, Unfortunately xPC Target does not support Advantech's PCL 1716 card. Thanks Kivanc "Alan Yen" <plyen@ntut.edu.tw> wrote in message news:eecd348.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > I am using a I/O board PCL1716 made from Advantech, but don't know > how to install it under xPC target. I c...

(< (abs k) (* k 1e-5)) => t ???
My function behaves as though (< (abs k) (* k 1e-5)) => t which shouldn't be true for any value of k. I am very new to Lisp (working on second program) and need help figuring this out. The function below increments a global variable, *iteration-count-mesh*, which keeps track of how many times the do loop runs. I noticed that it only incremented once for each time I ran the function. Also, the function's behavior does not change when I comment out the the "when" line (and one of the parentheses after return... of course). On the first time through the loop, k-old should...

T-Mobile MDA-Vario
Hello, I've got two questions about the MDA-Vario Smartphone from T-Mobile: 1. who is the manufacturer of it and which modell is it from the manufacturer? 2. does it have a RS232 port built in? Greetings Markus On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:12:53 +0100, Markus Humm <markus.humm1@freenet.de> wrote: >Hello, hi ... >I've got two questions about the MDA-Vario Smartphone from T-Mobile: nice ...! >1. who is the manufacturer of it and which modell is it from the > manufacturer? HTC ... http://www.htc.com.tw/ >2. does it hav...

Who is n o b o d y @ n o b o d y . o r g ?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS About JF MEZEI The "nobody" troll of rec.travel.air and "John Doe" troll of the sci.space.* newsgroups. (Rev. Jan. 23, 2005) Written by: Darrell Larose 121 Northwestern Ave Ottawa, ON K1Y 0M1 (613) 725-0245 cota348@rogers.com ad607@FreeNet.Carleton.CA 1. Who is JF Mezei? Jean-Francois Mezei is the worst netkook and megatroll to have ever hit rec.travel.air and various other usenet newsgroups. He is also one of the longest running trolls in usenet history. ***WARNING: JF MEZEI IS A ROGUE CANCELLER. HE FORGES THE NAME AND E-MAIL ADDRES...

Data flow languages
Is there a news group other tha comp.lang.misc that is a good newsgroup for discussing issues with dataflow languages? Richard Harter, cri@tiac.net http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com If I do not see as far as others, it is because I stand in the footprints of giants. ...

bug+fix: isolinux, mkisofs
Dear Everyone, I'm writing this message merely to publish this information somewhere visible, so that others can find it when debugging a linux-based bootable CD compilation setup... For many months now, I've been using cdrtools 2.0 with isolinux 2.04 to create bootable Linux CD's. I know there are newer versions of both available, but I follow the premise that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Yesterday I added one more directory (with two files) to my CD prototype directory and the resulting CD failed to boot. Some BIOSes would hang while prob...

NX9420 won't come out of standby
Just started happening. Worked fine for the last year but now if it I select standby from the Shutdown menu it goes into standby but pressing the power button does nothing to bring it back. It just sits there with the DVD drive occasionally spinning. Any ideas? ...

O.R.B @ Gamespot/Software Etc.
O.R.B is now 9.99 at Gamespot (at least in NYC) Gus On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:19:25 GMT, "Gus" <###$$$$$@%%%%%.com> wrote: >O.R.B is now 9.99 at Gamespot (at least in NYC) > >Gus Is the game good? ...

Even on their so-called strengths, they still can't produce :or: Why OSS kicks CSS ass .
Ok, so I'm a reasonable person...sometimes /too/ reasonable. I like to give credit where credit is due. Maybe, I think, Linvocates are too zealous. But then, there it is, the crappiness of Micropox software, always there to remind me how great Linux is... Take gaming and video, one of the /supposed/ strong points of Windos/CSS now. Or is it? I bought two games to test out my new Athlon 2400, with 32M onboard Savage Pro video. It's dual boot Suse/W2k but of course I'm using the w2k for these games. I tried to pick best of class, so I got Grand Theft Auto Vice City a...

idct don't work
hi, because I need to know how dct is working , I built it . it is easy, but why idct don't retrieve the original block. I'm sure my code is true 100%. please , any can help just tell me to send my code. thanks in advance "huda nawaf" <halmamory@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gtf8ql$je2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I'm sure my code is true 100%. A bold claim. One that's rarely true in programming, in general. My recommendation would be to compare the output of your code to one of the DCT/IDCT routines already available on the File Exchange. For both...

I/O
Dear All, I would like to calculate in the spreadsheet using Excel functions. So how to write the excel functions to excel file in sheet2 as follow; set WriteColoum1_Row1eValue 0.0000408831 set WriteColoum2_Row1Value 1221 set WriteColoum3_Row1Formula "=TINV($WriteColoum1_Row1eValue, $WriteColoum2_Row1Value)" After write to excel file then read and get calculate result in the WriteColoum3_Row1Formula and puts. Thanks in advance Cheers! Dear All, I have writed the code below; ########### package require tcom set application [::tcom::ref createobject "E...

Can't change display resolution programatically
I need to be able to change the display settings from a CGI program, but I'm running into problems. I'm using the ChangeDisplaySettings() call, and I have no problem changing the settings when trying it locally (i.e. connecting from a Web browser on the box itself), but if I try it from another box it fails. The CGI script is accessed by authenticating as Administrator (without Administrator access it won't work even locally). I've tried this on Win2k Pro and Win XP with the same results. Any help/guesses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...