Anyone know what it says?
Thanks in advance

0
Reply FrankW 11/8/2004 1:52:34 PM

See related articles to this posting

Where is your hunting camp? Siberia?  After how many beers?

Just joking around.  "DAGEN" looks German, but just a guess.

Keith
"FrankW" <fworm@mxznorpak.ca> wrote in message
> This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
> in our hunt camp
>
> EG GREV NED MIN ELD
> SENT OM KVELD
> NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
> GUD GJE MIN ELD
> ALDER SLOKNA UT
>

> Anyone know what it says?
> Thanks in advance

0
Reply Keith 11/8/2004 2:13:26 PM

Definitely not German.

Scandinavian?  The "naar" and "kveld" have a Norwegian ring.

FrankW wrote:
> This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
> in our hunt camp
>
> EG GREV NED MIN ELD
> SENT OM KVELD
> NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
> GUD GJE MIN ELD
> ALDER SLOKNA UT
>

> Anyone know what it says?
> Thanks in advance

0
Reply That70sTick 11/8/2004 2:20:20 PM

This is waaay cool!
<http://www.geocities.com/infonorway/art/music/songs/grev.html>

0
Reply That70sTick 11/8/2004 2:22:51 PM

LOL
We were trying to drink enough beers
to actually read it. Didn't work or we
didn't drink enough. :-)
I think it's Norwegian.

Keith Streich wrote:

> Where is your hunting camp? Siberia?  After how many beers?
>
> Just joking around.  "DAGEN" looks German, but just a guess.
>
> Keith
> "FrankW" <fworm@mxznorpak.ca> wrote in message
>
>>This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
>>in our hunt camp
>>
>>EG GREV NED MIN ELD
>>SENT OM KVELD
>>NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
>>GUD GJE MIN ELD
>>ALDER SLOKNA UT
>>

>>Anyone know what it says?
>>Thanks in advance

0
Reply FrankW 11/8/2004 2:23:56 PM

Translation from the previously mentioned web page:

"I rake my fire" ("EG GREV NED MIN ELD")
I rake my fire
Late at night when the day is over
God let my fire
Never burn out

FrankW wrote:
> This text is on a JOTUL woodstove
> in our hunt camp
>
> EG GREV NED MIN ELD
> SENT OM KVELD
> NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
> GUD GJE MIN ELD
> ALDER SLOKNA UT
>

> Anyone know what it says?
> Thanks in advance

0
Reply That70sTick 11/8/2004 2:57:12 PM

In article <Gd-dnYTymZl25BLcRVn-ug@magma.ca>, FrankW <fworm@mxznorpak.ca>
writes:

>EG GREV NED MIN ELD

  I rake my fire

>SENT OM KVELD

  Late at night

>NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT

  when the day is over

>GUD GJE MIN ELD

  God let my fire

>ALDER SLOKNA UT

  Never burn out

  It's a poem often found on Norwegian wood stoves

  BTW, My source shows "Sent om kveld naar dagen er slut"
to be one line.

HTH
--
Cliff

0
Reply clhuprich 11/8/2004 2:58:26 PM

The cast iron for Jotul stoves is produced in Norway.  Jotul stoves
are assembled in the state of Maine but their parent company is based
in Norway.  They produce some beautiful cast iron.  A site that may
help you out is  www.freetranslation.com

I actually used to work for a stove company that competes with Jotul.
Their on Pro-E but we used SolidWorks.

clhuprich@aol.com (Cliff) wrote in message news:<20041108095826.06144.00000029@mb-m27.aol.com>...
> In article <Gd-dnYTymZl25BLcRVn-ug@magma.ca>, FrankW <fworm@mxznorpak.ca>
> writes:
>
> >EG GREV NED MIN ELD
>
>   I rake my fire
>
> >SENT OM KVELD
>
>   Late at night
>
> >NAAR DAGEN ER SLUT
>
>   when the day is over
>
> >GUD GJE MIN ELD
>
>   God let my fire
>
> >ALDER SLOKNA UT
>
>   Never burn out
>

>   It's a poem often found on Norwegian wood stoves
>
>   BTW, My source shows "Sent om kveld naar dagen er slut"
> to be one line.
>
> HTH
0
Reply rrodriguez 11/8/2004 7:02:01 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14477 articles. 55 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

(O/T] can anyone translate this please FR->EN ?
Received the following postmaster response. Not sure if it means undeliverable/permanent, delayed, or OK/routed. Cette notification d'+AOk-tat de remise est g+AOk-n+AOk-r+AOk-e automatiquement. +AMk-chec de la remise aux destinataires suivants. thanks. rebel <me@privacy.net> wrote in news:arehp4lm04e6gm5iu4sb0t9ev3htt9nhdv@4ax.com: > Received the following postmaster response. Not sure if it means > undeliverable/permanent, delayed, or OK/routed. > > Cette notification d'+AOk-tat de remise est g+AOk-n+AOk-r+AOk-e > automatiquement. > ...

Will someone with LaTeX capability please render meami.tex? (including code below) and please e-mail it to m u s a t o v a t a t t d o t n e t
************************************************************ \documentclass{article} \newfam\msbfam \font\tenmsb=3Dmsbm10scaled\magstep1\textfont\msbfam=3D\tenmsb \font\sevenmsb=3Dmsbm7scaled\magstep1\scriptfont\msbfam=3D\sevenmsb \font\fivemsb=3Dmsbm5scaled\magstep1\scriptscriptfont\msbfam=3D\fivemsb \def\Bbb{\fam\msbfam\tenmsb} \def\RR{{\BbbR}} \def\CC{{\BbbC}} \def\QQ{{\BbbQ}} \def\NN{{\BbbN}} \def\ZZ{{\BbbZ}} \begin{document} Let$f$beafunctionthatiscontinuousfromcomplexnumbers $\CC$toitself.Considerthe auxiliaryfunction $$ g(z)=3D\frac{\displaystyle\int_a^b\frac{\alphaz+\b...

O.T. - Seeking Registrar w/ no imposed domain xfer fee (if you're opposed to O.T. posts
I'm tired of reading the fine print! Too many registrars out there. So I'm asking this group for a little help. I'm looking for a Registrar who will do an honest day's work for a fair price. I'm tired of Registrars who build in "gotchas" into their service offering that nab you for something more than you bargain for - including the right to screw you later in their fine print. I want a registrar who won't charge you to leave them. Instead, they EARN your ongoing loyalty so you won't leave them. I don't like the bullshit "Hotel California" c...

P A T R I O T S : A N A T I O N U N D E R F I R E (new FPS for the PC)
Patriots: A Nation Under Fire, a new FPS for the PC http://www.silverlinesoftware.com/index.php?game=101 PS: Yes its really a FPS not some third person shooter that many call FPS "pc games" <pcgamer23708@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190449308.230157.274370@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Patriots: A Nation Under Fire, a new FPS for the PC > > http://www.silverlinesoftware.com/index.php?game=101 > > PS: Yes its really a FPS not some third person shooter that many call > FPS I was just about to commend you for posting an informative post, with just a...

s u b j e c t : L o w c o s t m e d i c a l a n d m e d i c i n e f r o m C h i n a
s u b j e c t : L o w c o s t m e d i c a l a n d m e d i c i n e f r o m C h i n a U n i V i s u a l G r o u p I n c . M o n t h l y N e w s - - - August E d i t i o n ########################################################## U L T R A S O U N D ......................... $ 6 5 0 P A C S ........................... $ 1 0 0 0 H I S ............................. $ 1 0 0 0 P a t i e n t M o n i t o r .................. $ 1 28 0 C a b l e E C G ............................ $ 9 9 9 M i c r o s c o...

Slightly O.T.
I would like a scanner - something like a pencil that would allow me to attempt to scan printed text off hardcopies. Not all text on a page, mind you. Something I could use to scan just the words "scan printed text" off the second line in this post would be great! A selective scanning tool - I guess is what you would call it. I did a search for pencil type scanners and came up empty handed. Anybody got ideas? A bit more follow-up... What I wanna do is allow slow typists entering data into MS Access forms from printed hardcopies an alternative to typing. Holding something in their ...

Calling all readers to b o y c o t t n i k e shoes for 1 year
I personally vow to boycott any shoe brand advertised on this group for one 1 year starting from each advertisement posted to this news group. I would like to call upon every other reader to do the same. thanks. ...

Calling all readers to b o y c o t t l e v i s jeans for 1 year
I personally vow to boycott any clothing brand advertised on this group for one 1 year starting from each advertisement posted to this news group. I would like to call upon every other reader to do the same. thanks. ...

F r e e C I S C O C e r t i f i c a t i o n s
F r e e C I S C O C e r t i f i c a t i o n s Hi friends, 1st time get latest CISCO Questions and Answers Dumps, Practice Exams / Tests and Real Certifications for FREE. I have used and found this site very helpful to pass CISCO certifications. Visit Now http://freeexamking.com/vendor.asp?v=7 ...

F r e e C I S C O C e r t i f i c a t i o n s
Hi friends, 1st time get latest CISCO Questions and Answers Dumps, Practice Exams / Tests and Real Certifications for FREE. I have used and found this site very helpful to pass CISCO certifications. Visit Now http://www.ComputerTipsnTricks.com/cert_cis.htm or visit http://www.ComputerTipsnTricks.com/ ...

[...]

F r e e C I S C O C e r t i f i c a t i o n s #2
F r e e C I S C O C e r t i f i c a t i o n s Hi friends, 1st time get latest CISCO Questions and Answers Dumps, Practice Exams / Tests and Real Certifications for FREE. I have used and found this site very helpful to pass CISCO certifications. Visit Now http://freeexamking.com/vendor.asp?v=7 ======================================================================= You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time http://freeexamking.com/vendor.asp?v=7 ...

C H A N G E . E V E R Y . D I G I T . O F . T H E . D I A G O N A L
ROW n +-----------------> ROW 1 ! 0 . 3 4 3 2 3 3 . . ROW 2 ! 0 . 1 1 0 0 0 0 . . ROW 3 ! 0 . 9 9 9 9 9 9 . . ROW 4 ! 0 . 3 2 3 2 3 2 . . ROW 5 ! 0 . 3 4 4 4 3 3 . . ROW 6 ! 0 . 5 5 5 5 5 5 .. ROW 7 v ... OH LOOKY HERE! A 3 ROW 1 ! 0 . 3 4 3 2 3 3 . . LOOK DOWN! ROW 2 ! 0 . 1 ROW 3 ! 0 . 9 ROW 4 ! 0 . 3 ROW 5 ! 0 . 3 ROW 6 ! 0 . 5 ROW 7 v ... SEE ANY ANTI(3)? WHERE ANTI(D) =/= D ? JUST SWAP ROW 1 & 2! ROW n +-----------------> ROW 2 ! 0 . 1 1 0 0 0 0 . . ROW 1 ! 0 . 3 4 3 2 3 3 . . ROW 3 ! 0 . 9 9 9 9 9 9 . . ROW 4 ! ...

Hope this isn't O.T.
I use a MAC MINI w/Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and from IT, I DUAL BOOT WINDOWS 7.0 Home Premium. I've been spending weeks trying to buy a USB 2.0 Dial Up Modem for my WIN 7. I read all the reviews and the different opinions...More confused than ever. I can't tell if a reviewer got a bad modem or if he doesn't know what he's doing!! Please help me find such a modem in the $30. to $50. range. I'm partial to 3-comUS ROBOTICS or ZOOM, but I'll consider any brand. Many thanks....and for the females of this group,I use the EDITORIAL he, not presuming to know t...

A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from natural language to C++)
Hi, I got very good response for the C++ intermediate representation. And thanks to all the experts. Now i need some help for one project I am doing as a part of my study. Well it may sound a bit off track but the idea is to desing a compiler that learns language like human learn. I am explaining my idea little bit. This compiler is a natural language system That is near to an expert system. The aim of the system is to convert natural language statements into C++ (or any other language,but we need to feed that language structure into this application). We train the compiler to the destination...

Language translator
I just went to work for a German company and most of the parts have been made using German names for Features and planes in the file. Is there any type of Macro or universal decoder that can be run that will flip all the words to the english default? Or is the simplest thing to write down the terms in German with an English equivalent and bite the bullet? Maybe I'll just buy Rosetta Stone if need be and add another thing to myskillset if need be. There is no macro that I know of that does this but it would be an interesting idea. You could export all the names, then use a web program ...

Language translator
Hello. I am looking for an algorithmic natural language translator (in the main european languages: french, english, spanish, german, etc...) which runs on linux. Any suggestions? Thx, Olivier. ...

Translating languages
Given my 'pathological' interest in translating one language to another, I know of parenscript; "Parenscript is a translator from an extended subset of Common Lisp to JavaScript. Parenscript code can run almost identically on both the browser (as JavaScript) and server (as Common Lisp)". I find Parenscript to be quite mature and the fact that the translated code is almost like hand written js code (quality is excellent for those who haven't tried it out) makes it appealing. What other translators are out there? Is anyone interested in working on a project for tra...

Language translation
Dear Group, I'm facing the problem to translate language A into language B. The problem is, that A is an object oriented language (it supports classes, attributes of classes ...). But B is much simpler. It hasn't support for classes. There is only variables, functions. And my Question: How Could I Implement Classes in B. (At first it would be sufficient, if i could "emulate" simple classes, that don't support inheritance, function hiding, polymorphy ...) Thank you for your answer, A.W. [This is basicallly what compilers for OOP languages do -- they transl...

Language Translation
I am using PB8.0 with Oracle 9.01 I would like to know - Is there any tool in the market which translates english words / phrases / sentences and return the french equivalent. I need to do the following String ls_err ls_error = sqlca.sqlerrtext ls_french = translate_french (ls_error) Thanks Oracle can give you error messages in french. If you are writing a brand new app, it is very easy : just install french Oracle client. If it is an existing app, you cannot do that (issues with datetimes, decimal separator, ...) But what you can easily do, is translating error messa...

language translations
We are looking for Freelance Translators and bilingual people to work on our Translation Projects. Globalization process creates more than ever growing demand for Language Translations. We have being constantly expanding, and looking for additional resources in various languages, and areas of expertise. Please, place your profile at our Corporate Web Site www.AcademyOfTranslation.com, and choose �Employment�. We will be contacting you when projects, requiring your skills and expertise are needed. We and our team look forward to hearing from you and working together. ...

language translation
I get occasional emails in Spanish ( html ). Is there a way I can pipe them to a translation service and then save the text. -- John ...