PDF PDF PDF

For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty
simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx

FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF"
Then you can save them right from the save as dialog.

Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in
help under "PDF"

0
3d
8/3/2004 4:38:36 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you
files to a PDF foramat.  This program works with SW and any other program
you use to print with.

"3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message
> For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty
> simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx
>
> FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF"
> Then you can save them right from the save as dialog.
>
> Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in
> help under "PDF"

0
Ben
8/3/2004 4:48:26 PM
Cute Pdf is just as good as pdf995 only without the annoying popup add.
www.cutepdf.com

Just FYI

Steve Tietz

"Ben Kempe" <benkempe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints"
you
> files to a PDF foramat.  This program works with SW and any other program
> you use to print with.
>
> "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message
> > For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's
pretty
> > simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx
> >
> > FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF"
> > Then you can save them right from the save as dialog.
> >
> > Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was
in
> > help under "PDF"

0
Steve
8/3/2004 5:13:38 PM
I agree that there are many ways and utilities to do this but as far as
easier, once you check the addin it is in your "Save as" options. When you
save as you dump it where you want it. How much easier can the  3rd parties
be?. I will try the others to test them but a file print select pdf955 or
file save as pdf seems the same to me and blue beam is already in the
software. Thanks guys.

0
3d
8/3/2004 6:02:14 PM
We use the Bluebeam "Save As" option in Solidworks all the time.
Works great for us and is the easiest option.

Richard

> I agree that there are many ways and utilities to do this but as far as
> easier, once you check the addin it is in your "Save as" options. When you
> save as you dump it where you want it. How much easier can the  3rd
parties
> be?. I will try the others to test them but a file print select pdf955 or
> file save as pdf seems the same to me and blue beam is already in the
> software. Thanks guys.

0
Richard
8/3/2004 8:01:25 PM
In article <6JPPc.970$vQ2.872@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com>,
Steve.Tietz@EngATechREMOVE.com says...
> Cute Pdf is just as good as pdf995 only without the annoying popup add.
> www.cutepdf.com

One more vote for cute pdf.  Very easy to install and use.  Plus, you
can use it with any program.
0
Arlin
8/3/2004 8:35:51 PM
Correction . . . it's Tools > Add-Ins (not Options) > Save as PDF.

3d wrote:

> For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty
> simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx
>
> FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF"
> Then you can save them right from the save as dialog.
>
> Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in
> help under "PDF"
0
Sporkman
8/3/2004 10:11:12 PM
The only gripe I've got with Bluebeam is that, for us anyway, we weren't
able to use Acrobat to insert the Bluebeam PDF into another PDF file. For
example, after PDFing an Assy dwg, we sometimes want to create one PDF with
the enitre set of build package drawings by inserting the "daughter" PDFs
into the first file. We've not been able to do that with Bluebeam PDFs.

"3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message
> I agree that there are many ways and utilities to do this but as far as
> easier, once you check the addin it is in your "Save as" options. When you
> save as you dump it where you want it. How much easier can the  3rd
parties
> be?. I will try the others to test them but a file print select pdf955 or
> file save as pdf seems the same to me and blue beam is already in the
> software. Thanks guys.

0
Gittings
8/4/2004 3:22:45 AM
On 2004-08-04, Gittings <gittings_newsgroup@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The only gripe I've got with Bluebeam is that, for us anyway, we weren't
> able to use Acrobat to insert the Bluebeam PDF into another PDF file. For
> example, after PDFing an Assy dwg, we sometimes want to create one PDF with
> the enitre set of build package drawings by inserting the "daughter" PDFs
> into the first file. We've not been able to do that with Bluebeam PDFs.

GhostScript + FreeDist will do that for you..and for free of course..

--
regards
Markku

www.markkulehtola.net
0
Markku
8/4/2004 6:22:52 AM
We have no problem using Bluebeam PDF's in Acrobat.
We always add an extra drawing sheet to our assembly drawings using acrobat
and it works just fine.
Infact it's a different drawing from Solidworks, saved as a PDF.

"Gittings" <gittings_newsgroup@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The only gripe I've got with Bluebeam is that, for us anyway, we weren't
> able to use Acrobat to insert the Bluebeam PDF into another PDF file. For
> example, after PDFing an Assy dwg, we sometimes want to create one PDF
with
> the enitre set of build package drawings by inserting the "daughter" PDFs
> into the first file. We've not been able to do that with Bluebeam PDFs.
>

> "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustries dot com> wrote in message
> > I agree that there are many ways and utilities to do this but as far as
> > easier, once you check the addin it is in your "Save as" options. When
you
> > save as you dump it where you want it. How much easier can the  3rd
> parties
> > be?. I will try the others to test them but a file print select pdf955
or
> > file save as pdf seems the same to me and blue beam is already in the
> > software. Thanks guys.

0
Richard
8/4/2004 12:25:30 PM
I have abandoned BlueBeam. From the day it was introduced I have had the
following problems:

1. It screwed up printing drawings in 2003 when 2004 was installed.
2. Controlling the format of the PDF is a real trick. Anything but Landscape
A is trouble.
3. I already had a SW to PDF solution.
4. I found "freeware" solutions that had more capabilities like multiple
prints in one file.
5. It had a history of causing system problems before SW introduced it in
their software.

--
Node news is good news.