Solidcam or Camworks?

     I noticed that both Solidcam and Camworks are gold partners.  I
would be interested in comments from anyone who has used or evaluated
both.

0
Gary
10/23/2003 5:41:14 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14446 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

Gary,

You might want to post this to "alt.machines.cnc" as well. There's at least
one regular there (Kathy) who uses Solidcam on a daily basis. She also has
experience with Mastercam so she has something to compare it to.

There may also be someone there that uses Camworks. I've only demoed
Camworks so I won't offer an opinion other than it seems to be very good at
2-1/2 axis stuff

Regards

Mark

"Gary Reichlinger" <reichln@navix.net> wrote in message
>      I noticed that both Solidcam and Camworks are gold partners.  I
> would be interested in comments from anyone who has used or evaluated
> both.

0
MM
10/24/2003 4:17:35 PM
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:17:35 GMT, "MM" <poundsandspammers@biteme.net>
wrote:

>You might want to post this to "alt.machines.cnc" as well. There's at least
>one regular there (Kathy) who uses Solidcam on a daily basis. She also has
>experience with Mastercam so she has something to compare it to.
>
>There may also be someone there that uses Camworks. I've only demoed
>Camworks so I won't offer an opinion other than it seems to be very good at
>2-1/2 axis stuff

     I will post to alt.machines.cnc.  I lurk in that group as well.

0
Gary

CAMWorks / SolidCAM
Looks like GSSL now has full control of Teksoft. It seems to me that development of CAMWorks has been very, very slow for the last say 2 years. GSSL and SolidWorks Corp. have always been close partners. (FeatureWorks, etc.) Anyone using the latest verson of CAMWorks and have any comments on how happy you are or are not with it ? Looks like SolidCAM is seeing a lot of development but it still looks like a lot of things are missing. Anyone using SolidCAM ? jon I have been using SolidCAM for about 2 months now and I like it very much.The integration with SolidWorks is very useful, especially the configuration manager as I can make multiple configs for a part such as all holes masked off or Op2 stock left on etc. I am experimenting with the settings for 3D machining, balancing surface accuracy against time in cut and look-ahead problems with the control. Just now I am getting to grips with Machining Processes to semi-automate my regular machining strategies In short PRO's Very well integrated with SolidWorks Ease of building Machining Process Library Very good support from SolidCAM Nice to be able to model the part, the stock model and the fixture in one assembly and suppress anything at will Copes with form tools well CON's Poor handling of STL files in simulation mode Not very tolerant of trying to change configurations after the CAM model & assembly has been started. It can be done, but the procedure is a bit involved Some of the documentation is p...

Solidworks Models, Solidworks 3D Modeling and CAD Design Samples
Offering effective Solidworks 3D Modeling services and samples for various mechanical engineering needs at affordable rates! COS services is a preferred choice of Mechanical engineers, Manufacturers and Electrical contractors for reliable and economical Solidworks 3D Modeling services. We assist you in producing hi- quality, detailed, realistic 3D models of your mechanical product from existing 2D drawing & hand-drawn sketches. Our 3D solidworks modeling service deal with all aspects of mechanical engineering and various phases of project from tender submission, analysis to final...

Affordable SolidWorks drawing services, 3D CAD Solidworks drawings
Offering 3D SolidWorks drawing services for Manufacturing & Engineering projects at affordable price! SolidWorks automates and simplifies generation of all the project documentation required for product design and adds the glue that makes it all stick together. It can reduce product development life cycle time by almost 70% as compared to conventional 2D CAD drafting. With SolidWorks you can produce detailed drawings better, faster and more easily. CAD Outsourcing firm is your offshore CAD partner to get SolidWorks 2D/ 3D drawings in a format of your choice, meeting all your specificatio...

DS SolidWorks Extends Support for SolidWorks 3D CAD Software
Business-Critical Solutions are Now Free to any Subscriber for an Additional Year CONCORD, Mass., USA, May 11, 2009 =96 While many companies are reducing service levels, Dassault Syst=E8mes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) is now extending support for SolidWorks=AE 3D CAD software versions by a full year. This means that DS SolidWorks will directly address and remedy any Subscription Services member=92s confirmed business-critical issue with SolidWorks 2008 through the announcement of SolidWorks 2010 in September =96 in fact, all the way to December 2009. Until now, SolidWorks ended these re...

CAD/ SolidWorks/ Contract/ IN
Tom Gugger Independent Recruiter tgugger@bex.net CAD/ Solid Works/ Contract/ Elkhart IN We have an immediate start for an experienced person with solid CAD experience using SolidWorks. Experience must be recent and Not on an old version. The site is in Elkhart Indiana, all work is done on sight, and the rate is $42hr. There are no expenses or benefits. The contract should last until summer. Since there are no expenses, local and regional people are preferred. Pay will be by 1099 or C to C. We would like a Monday start date. Must be US Citizen or Greencard, No...

SolidCAM 2009 At SolidWorks World.
Hope the SolidCAM booth is nowhere near CNC Software's booth at SolidWorks World because it looks to me like SolidCAM 2009 is just as impressive, if not more so, than SolidCAM 2008 R12. SolidCAM R12 was easily the most impressive CAM release last year. See the Jon Banquer blog for more details on why SolidCAM 2008 R12 was such an impressive release. SolidCAM 2009 will be fast and it will have toolpath editing! Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ "jon_banquer" <jon_banquer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c1a9446a-d7df-4ffb-b3c3-5dc57280b002@t26g2...

SolidCAM for SolidWorks&Inventor
Hi, I used to be a CNC programmer who used SolidWorks and MasterCAM(Mill Level3) several years ago. Even though I'm not in this field anymore I still continue to read up on CAD and CAM as you never know where live leads you. I justnoticed that there is a product called SolidCAM that "runs inside" SolidWorks( and it looks like Inventor?). How exactly does this work if SolidCAM is not owned by SolidWorks? When looking over the SolidCAM website they seem to be intergrated in quite a bit of packages (Bently, SolidWorks, AutoCad & Inventor) and I had never heard of this product ...

Looking for a CAD/Solidworks Designer
I had someone local do a design for me at the end of last year. I need some modifications done and I do not want to use him again. I am looking for a company or a licensed, insured designer to make the modifications. If you know of any companies that do this I would love to know the name and the hourly rate for changes if you know it. It is not mandatory but I would like to find someone with some plastic experience as well because the item will be made out of plastic. Thanks in Advance! Susie On 2 Jan 2007 06:25:33 -0800, justinsmama@comcast.net wrote: >I had someone local do a des...

,CAD PROGRAMS : SOLIDWORKS 2005 AND MORE,
Complete offer of all CAD/CAM/CAE and other programs. More then 10000 programs available. Latest release. Ask on email for full list. For any information or list, contact me : dav_post01@hotpop.com (if you see dav_pos... type dav_post01 ) email : dav_post01 AT hotpop.com Latest top selling programs : _____________________________ ..3D Studio MAX 7... ..ArchiCad 9... ..AutoDesk AutoCad 2005... ..AutoDesk Inventor 9... ..Catia 5r14... ..I-Deas NX 11... ..Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2... ..SolidWorks 2005... ..UniGraphics NX 3... + 10000 other programs .... _____________________________ Contact i...

Do you need Solidworks CAD Training?
We can provide individual Solidworks CAD training courses to meet your requirements. From basic level through to Advanced, no previous CAD experience required course aimed at Design Engineers, Draughtspersons. We will beat any quote don't delay contact details below:- Please email: aruba400@aol.com ...

CAD/ SOLIDWORKS/ CONTRACT or PERM/ IN
TOM GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER tgugger@bex.net 419-537-9447 CAD/ SOLIDWORKS/ IN We have a need for several contract and several perm people for Our client located in the Elkhart, IN area. This is an excellent company that provides full benefits on the perm side. Our clients needs various aspects of SOLIDWORKS, so be sure your resume is descriptive of your working experience. The contract starts ...

,,CAD PROGRAMS : SOLIDWORKS 2005 AND MORE,
_Complete offer of all CAD/CAM/CAE and other programs. _More then 10000 programs available. _Latest release. _Ask on email for full list. _For any information or list, _contact me : dav_post01@hotpop.com (if you see dav_pos... type dav_post01) _email : dav_post01 AT hotpop.com _Latest top selling programs : _____________________________ ..3D Studio MAX 7/ ..ArchiCad 9/ ..AutoDesk AutoCad 2005/ ..AutoDesk Inventor 9/ ..Catia 5r14/ ..I-Deas NX 11/ ..Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2/ ..SolidWorks 2005/ ..UniGraphics NX 3/ + 10000 other programs .... _____________________________ Contact info : dav_p...

,,CAD PROGRAMS : SOLIDWORKS 2005 AND MORE, #2
**Complete offer of all CAD/CAM/CAE and other programs. **More then 10000 programs available. **Latest release. **Ask on email for full list. **For any information or list, **contact me : will_cad01@hotpop.com (if you see will_ca... type will_cad01) **email : will_cad01 AT hotpop.com __Latest top selling programs : _____________________________ ,3D Studio MAX 7.0. ,ArchiCad 9.0 r1. ,AutoDesk AutoCad 2005. ,AutoDesk Inventor 9. ,Catia 5r14. ,Cosmos Full Suite 2005 ,I-Deas NX11. ,Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2. ,SolidWorks 2005 SP1. ,UniGraphics NX3 + CAST. +10000 other programs.... __________...

Predicament with CAD, Solidworks, Printer technology
I was hoping you could help me out. I work at Avery Dennison and we're trying to find a more entry-level mechanical engineer/technician who knows CAD and Solidworks. The dilemma is the person has to have printer technology knowledge and worked with printers for a bit. It pays around 75k and is North Carolina. Do you know of anyone or can you think of any hints to find such a combo? Thanks in advance. Probably someone with just 2-4 years experience would be perfect. How do you expect to find a qualified person in this ng. Besides this ng is not an employment group. tere...

Predicament with CAD, Solidworks, Printer technology
I was hoping you could help me out. I work at Avery Dennison and we're trying to find a more entry-level mechanical engineer/technician who knows CAD and Solidworks. The dilemma is the person has to have printer technology knowledge and worked with printers for a bit. It pays around 75k and is North Carolina. Do you know of anyone or can you think of any hints to find such a combo? Thanks in advance. Probably someone with just 2-4 years experience would be perfect. Advertise or high search firms in Hewlett-Packard, Lexmark, or Canon's back yard where they develop their printers!...

CamWorks and SolidWorks hole wizard features
Our machine shop uses Camworks for our parts designed in SolidWorks. When countersink or counterbored features are put in using the hole wizard, CamWorks does not automatically recognize the csink or cbore portion. If the same feature is put in as a cut extrude vs. cut revolve, then everything works fine. Anyone else come across this? As a designer, I use the hole wizard as a convenient way to save time, but it ends up taking our programmer extra time to manually program those holes. Under CamWorks options and features make sure 3 axis pockets and all other features are chosen for extract ma...

Solidworks 2005 BETA (and other CAD programms)
Thank you for visiting mixsoft, the world's largest online computer software store. The software store has over 4,000 of the best programs available, all at the best price - GUARANTEED. We also offer genuine customer service and great shipping rates to all parts of the world. All our programs are full version with no time limits or feature restrictions ***REMEMBER If you order 2 programms you will get 3th any programm FREE! ***PAYMENT METHOD: Western Union, Money Gram,Transfer to bank account... We guarantee that all packages will be ship within two business days from the dat...

CAD Designer
Does anybody know "the perfect candidate" that might be interested in such a position: Supporting Package Development, the CAD Designer will be responsible for developing cusomter driven packaging concepts/design which meets density weight and ergenomic requirements and restrictions. Ability to take a project from concept through full design and engineering. The CAD designer will also be responsible for developing working models and prototypes of new concepts. Demonstrated creativity/innovation. Self-starter requiring minimal supervision. Knowledge of packaging processes/maretia...

CAD/CAM (Solidworks 2004, Cosmos....)
Thank you for visiting mixsoft, the world's largest online computer software store. The software store has over 4,000 of the best programs available, all at the best price - GUARANTEED. We also offer genuine customer service and great shipping rates to all parts of the world. All our programs are full version with no time limits or feature restrictions REMEMBER If you order 2 programms you will get 3th any programm FREE! PAYMENT METHOD: Western Union, Money Gram,Transfer to bank account We guarantee that all packages will be ship within two business days from the date of payment is recei...

-CAD PROGRAMS : SolidWorks 2004SP3 and many more .....
CAD/CAM PROGRAMS _EMAIL FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION_- _fast_international_shipping : free _payment: western_union / bank_transfer / cheque / cash ---------- All information : mailto:dav_cad6@hotpop.com PART OF LIST /ask on email for full list/: /\/ /\/3D STUDIO MAX 6 /\/3D STUDIO VIZ 4.2 SP2 /\/ABAQUS 6.4-1 /\/ACCEL P-CAD 2002 /\/ALIAS WAVEFRONT MAYA UNLIMITED 6 <<< NEW !!! /\/ALLPLAN 2004 <<< NEW !!! /\/ANSYS 8.1 <<< NEW !!! /\/ARCHICAD 8.1R1 /\/AUTODESK ARCHITECTURAL DESKTOP 2005 <<< NEW !!! /\/AUTODESK AUTOCAD 2005 <<< NEW...

AutoCad,Solidworks,CAD prog. to MATLAB
Hi all, I want to learn that questions answer, I want to use CAD programs design project file in Matlab program for analysis. Plz. help me how can i do it? Thank you very much for your helps. Good Work! Ziya, P.S.:Especially AutoCAD and Solidworks. ...

CAD PROGRAMS : SolidWorks 2004SP2 and many more .....
CAD/CAM/CAE PROGRAMS !!! :Email.for.further.information --- :International shipping : free :Fast ordering :Quick delivery -------------------- All information : mailto:dav_cad6@hotpop.com PART OF LIST [email me for full list]: *>* *>*3D STUDIO MAX 6 *>*3D STUDIO VIZ 4.2 SP2 *>*ABAQUS 6.4-1 *>*ACCEL P-CAD 2002 *>*ALIAS WAVEFRONT MAYA UNLIMITED 5.01 *>*ALLPLAN 2003.1 *>*ANSYS 8 *>*ARCHICAD 8.1R1 *>*ARTLANTIS 4.5 *>*AUTODESK ARCHITECTURAL DESKTOP 2005 <<<<<<< *>*AUTODESK AUTOCAD 2005 + LEARNING ASSISTANCE <<<<< *>*AUT...

5 axis simultan milling camworks or solidcam
Hi i'm doing 5axis trimming of waccumformed parts, today i use Alphacam, but i want have a system thats more integrated, with SW, does any one have experience with similar work on Camwork or Solidcam, Kurt Fam Mariboe wrote: > Hi i'm doing 5axis trimming of waccumformed parts, today i use Alphacam, but > i want have a system thats more integrated, with SW, does any one have > experience with similar work on Camwork or Solidcam, > > Kurt > > What machine are you using? -- J Kimmel myname@whereIwork.com www.metalinnovations.com "Cuius testiculos ...

A full CAMWorks (Solidworks Based software) Tutorials
Hello, This post is about CAMWorks tutorials ... We've chosen this software because of its importance and its rareness on YouTube & Vimeo So , I hope we together succeed in our goal , to quench our thirst to improve our career The Youtube playist link is here : http://goo.gl/pQ0flL This is Course Contents :- A-Turning 1- 1-1 Introduction -CAMWorks Interface (CAMWorks Tutorials) 1-2 Introduction -Process Overview (CAMWorks Tutorials) 2-1 Turning - Introduction (CAMWorks Tutorials) 2-2 Turning - Define the Machine (CAMWorks Tutorials) 2-3 Turning- The Setup T...

Web resources about - Solidcam or Camworks? - comp.cad.solidworks

EE Times Group
EE Times is a community of influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology.

Anvil MCS Customer Feedback Form
Anvil MCS CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FORM This form is for the use of Anvil MCS Customers only : To report operational anomalies on current software To ...

Welcome - Careerlink.com
Welcome to Careerlink.com, your online resource for posting and finding jobs. Here Job Seekers can browse employment opportunities by career, ...

Contact - Engiworks
Jump to Content Social Network facebook twitter digg ↓ Slide Down . Contact Us About Us Support Technical_Support System_requirements Downloads ...

Contactus - Inside 3D Printing
Strategies for the Third Industrial Revolution

Ruger Employment Opportunites

Utah Genius 2014 - Driving Our Creative Economy
BATEMAN IP LAW GROUP specializes in protecting intellectual property and in assisting clients through the various stages of intellectual property ...

​Be Seeing You - Motherboard
In a future where the company owns—and watches—everything, a freelance bodyguard must confront her genetically-engineered superiors.

United States Patent
Agilent Technologies,"Agilent ADNK-2133 Optical Mouse Designer's Kit: Product Overview", Agilent Technologies, May 26, 2004, pp. 1-6. cited byapplicant. ...

VII - Papers - Telecommunications in The Caribbean
Telecommunications in The Caribbean Felipe M Noguera Revolutionary changes in information technologies have left few economic sectors untouched ...