Solidcam or Camworks?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

     I noticed that both Solidcam and Camworks are gold partners.  I
would be interested in comments from anyone who has used or evaluated
both.

0
Reply Gary 10/23/2003 5:41:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

Gary,

You might want to post this to "alt.machines.cnc" as well. There's at least
one regular there (Kathy) who uses Solidcam on a daily basis. She also has
experience with Mastercam so she has something to compare it to.

There may also be someone there that uses Camworks. I've only demoed
Camworks so I won't offer an opinion other than it seems to be very good at
2-1/2 axis stuff

Regards

Mark

"Gary Reichlinger" <reichln@navix.net> wrote in message
>      I noticed that both Solidcam and Camworks are gold partners.  I
> would be interested in comments from anyone who has used or evaluated
> both.

0
Reply MM 10/24/2003 4:17:35 PM

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:17:35 GMT, "MM" <poundsandspammers@biteme.net>
wrote:

>You might want to post this to "alt.machines.cnc" as well. There's at least
>one regular there (Kathy) who uses Solidcam on a daily basis. She also has
>experience with Mastercam so she has something to compare it to.
>
>There may also be someone there that uses Camworks. I've only demoed
>Camworks so I won't offer an opinion other than it seems to be very good at
>2-1/2 axis stuff

     I will post to alt.machines.cnc.  I lurk in that group as well.

0
Reply Gary 10/24/2003 7:46:05 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14462 articles. 55 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

CAMWorks / SolidCAM
Looks like GSSL now has full control of Teksoft. It seems to me that development of CAMWorks has been very, very slow for the last say 2 years. GSSL and SolidWorks Corp. have always been close partners. (FeatureWorks, etc.) Anyone using the latest verson of CAMWorks and have any comments on how happy you are or are not with it ? Looks like SolidCAM is seeing a lot of development but it still looks like a lot of things are missing. Anyone using SolidCAM ? jon I have been using SolidCAM for about 2 months now and I like it very much.The integration with SolidWorks is very useful, espe...

5 axis simultan milling camworks or solidcam
Hi i'm doing 5axis trimming of waccumformed parts, today i use Alphacam, but i want have a system thats more integrated, with SW, does any one have experience with similar work on Camwork or Solidcam, Kurt Fam Mariboe wrote: > Hi i'm doing 5axis trimming of waccumformed parts, today i use Alphacam, but > i want have a system thats more integrated, with SW, does any one have > experience with similar work on Camwork or Solidcam, > > Kurt > > What machine are you using? -- J Kimmel myname@whereIwork.com www.metalinnovations.com "Cuius testiculos ...

Camworks
Well, the $21000 Camworks software has arrived. I have three days to learn it before the 5 axis router gets here. We still haven't hired the machinist to run the router yet. Any machinists familiar with Haas routers looking for work in the Portland area? You won't be familiar with Haas 5 axis routers, since this is the first one. Go to our web page, send a resume to the "mii" address. -- J Kimmel myname@whereIwork.com www.metalinnovations.com "Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have their full attention in your grip, their...

camworks problems
I'm done my first three job in camworks 2003 ever one created problems 2001 seemed ok could be just me any other users experiencing problems with 2003 ? Regards Mike Sullivan ...

posts for SolidCam
I have been manual CNCing for about 17 years doing mostly digitizing and duplication of complex surfaces. I would like to start from scratch and learn solid modeling CAD and CAM. I've been leaning towards Solidworks with SolidCam but am worried about the ease of making custom postprocessors for my old, antiquated machines. I know MasterCam has a very nice, user friendly postprocessor tool and could also start with that with MCX etc. On 6 Nov 2005 18:22:21 -0800, accellodyne@comcast.net wrote: >I have been manual CNCing for about 17 years doing mostly digitizing >and duplication...

CAMWorks, anyone?
The place I work in is looking at Solid Edge, and I had a nice chat with the rep. He indicated to me that the next release of Solid Edge (current is v18) would partner with NX Cam, much in the same way that SolidWorks is with Cosmos. I've been saying this for a while, if SolidWorks were to join with Mastercam, they could be the killer app for job shops. But if Mastercam does not get on board, I'm sure SolidWorks can find another partner, because this looks like the next logical direction for CAD to go into. If SE and SW (and eventually Autodesk) start battling it out in the CAM arena, ...

Solidcam 367203
Does anyone know how to make a negative angle (undercut) in solidcam? On Oct 3, 3:38 am, "Alen Mi=B9ir" <a...@troha-dil.hr> wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a negative angle (undercut) in solidcam? If you don't get an answer here try: www.cnczone.com and look for the SolidCAM forum. Charles Davis use to be the Mastercam dealer for San Diego (San Diego CADCAM) and is now selling SolidCAM. He is based in Kentucky now. Previous to this he worked for Point Control who created SmartCAM. When Charles Davis was posting to the E-Mastercam forum he liked to call Smart...

RHINO and CAMWORKS
Can someone pls post RHINO 3/4 and CAMWORKS -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - On May 18, 8:42 am, CADCAMLover (dyo...@ppsc.net) wrote: > Can someone pls post RHINO 3/4 and CAMWORKS > are you wanting free software (free as in free beer)? you will find more love in another newsgroup if this is the case. this newsgroup doesn't even like free (as in free to use, choose, and mangle!) software. everybody here LOVES Billy 'Punch-You-In-The-Face' Gates a...

SolidCAM or Mastercam
Read the Jon Banquer blog and make an informed decision! Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ On Feb 13, 8:27=A0pm, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Read the Jon Banquer blog and make an informed decision! > > Jon Banquer > San Diego, CAhttp://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ The Copy/Paste/Spam/Spasm monkey makes another deformed incision. Read the Jon Banquer blog and make an informed decision! Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ On Feb 13, 6:27 pm, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Read the Jon Ban...

SolidCAM 214448
For the first time SolidCAM looks to me like it's *finally* becoming a viable alternative. While still needing plenty of work, it seems like SolidCAM is actually now headed in the right direction. I looked at R11 and it was a mess. R12 looks much better. Anyone know when the long awaited 64bit version might show up? What is planned for SolidCAM 2009? Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ On Oct 18, 4:17=A0pm, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@yahoo.com> wrote: The Solidcam R12 product has some great user interface ideas and is less modal than any CADCAM product I&#...

Camworks setting
Hi, i must setting Camworks for working with a UPA-Micrelec. Can you help me ? What parameters should i do completed and how do i set it ? Thanks a lot. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bonjour, je dois param�trer Camworks pour une table UPA de Micrelec. Comment s'y prendre ? Quelqu'un aurait-il d�j� fait ce travail ? Merci par avance. JC > i must setting Camworks for working with a UPA-Micrelec. If you have ProCAM , or know someone who does, have them generate a post for you using proCAM's post generator. Last I checked the...

CamWorks v EdgeCam
We have been using CamWorks for a while now but it is very buggy and we are having a load of problems with the NC output to our mill and lathe. Has anyone got any experience of EdgeCam (especially in the UK) and got any opinions? Also open to any other suggestions for a package that could work effortlessly with SolidWorks. Chris Newman wrote: > We have been using CamWorks for a while now but it is very buggy and we > are having a load of problems with the NC output to our mill and lathe. > Has anyone got any experience of EdgeCam (especially in the UK) and got > any opinions? &g...

Latest Version Of CAMWorks
Looks to me like development on CAMWorks has slowed way down. Anyone using CAMWorks who likes it have anything to say about development on CAMWorks latest release ? Does the new 3 axis toolpath surfacing module still gouge like the old one did ? It looks very basic in it's functionality. jon jon banquer wrote: > Looks to me like development on CAMWorks has slowed way down. > > Anyone using CAMWorks who likes it have anything to say about > development on CAMWorks latest release ? > > Does the new 3 axis toolpath surfacing module still gouge like the > old one...

Company History Of SolidCAM
http://www.solidcam.com/company_en,2703.html "Company History SolidCAM's founder and Managing Director, Dr. Emil Somekh, is a veteran of 35 years in CAD/CAM development and applications. The SolidCAM team of development and support has an extensive in-depth experience in the needs of the manufacturing customer. SolidCAM is a powerful CAM product that has been especially designed for the shop floor. SolidCAM supports the complete range of major manufacturing applications including 2.5D Milling, 3D Milling, High-Speed Machining, Multi-sided Indexial 4/5 axes Milling, Simultaneous 5 ax...

The 2nd course of CAMWorks
Hello again friends ^_^ as I promised you last time : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.cad.solidworks/LUikwr_i0EY The second course and the more important part of CAMWorks Course , and it'll be about ( Milling ) operations This software is very important for Mechanical & Production (Industrial) Engineers , and it concerns cutting operation , there're many other similar programs .. but this one is the easiest to use and handle The first Part is already posted on our blog & Youtube , and you can view it from here : http://goo.gl/FbBmlK the...

SolidCam 2005 with Windows 2003
When I attempt to install Solidcam 2005 on Windows 2003 (work as workstation)with SolidWorks 2004 (2005) installed on it I get the message : The SolidWorks is not found on your machine.Does anyone know how to workaround this problem? Thanx!!!! In article <1103656200.862503.106440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, gerwitz@012.net.il writes: >When I attempt to install Solidcam 2005 on Windows 2003 (work as >workstation)with SolidWorks 2004 (2005) installed on it I get the >message : The SolidWorks is not found on your machine.Does anyone >know how to workaround this problem? Th...

SolidCAM for SolidWorks&Inventor
Hi, I used to be a CNC programmer who used SolidWorks and MasterCAM(Mill Level3) several years ago. Even though I'm not in this field anymore I still continue to read up on CAD and CAM as you never know where live leads you. I justnoticed that there is a product called SolidCAM that "runs inside" SolidWorks( and it looks like Inventor?). How exactly does this work if SolidCAM is not owned by SolidWorks? When looking over the SolidCAM website they seem to be intergrated in quite a bit of packages (Bently, SolidWorks, AutoCad & Inventor) and I had never heard of this product ...

Does anyone hate Camworks as much as I do?
What possible purpose does the copy machine RMB option have? I have a part that needs two mill setups, so I made a fixture that'll do both. I thought I could set up the parts in the fixture, use the copy machine feature or insert a 2nd setup, so I could contain both programs for each setup on one file but now it doesn't seem that will work. also, once you "copy machine" is there any stinking way to delete it and go back to one machine? It is driving me crazy.. thanks.. Barna, Instead of using 'copy machine', just RMB from the features tab on an existing setu...

SolidCAM 2009 At SolidWorks World.
Hope the SolidCAM booth is nowhere near CNC Software's booth at SolidWorks World because it looks to me like SolidCAM 2009 is just as impressive, if not more so, than SolidCAM 2008 R12. SolidCAM R12 was easily the most impressive CAM release last year. See the Jon Banquer blog for more details on why SolidCAM 2008 R12 was such an impressive release. SolidCAM 2009 will be fast and it will have toolpath editing! Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/ "jon_banquer" <jon_banquer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c1a9446a-d7df-4ffb-b3c3-5dc57280b002@t26g2...

CAMWorks 2007 Pleasantly Surprised
A Engineer friend decided to purchase some surplus CNC machinery and open up a Design and Prototype Shop. He also purchased a new seat of CAMWorks so he could run CAM directly from SolidWorks. He felt this was best for his situation since he has never programmed, set up or operated a CNC before. He brought me in to show him how to set up his CNC machinery and I did. He is a quick learner so towards the end of the training we had some time and decided to try out CAMWorks, I wasn't expecting much. I have never used CAMWorks and He hadn't had any training on it at that point. He used a g...

CamWorks and SolidWorks hole wizard features
Our machine shop uses Camworks for our parts designed in SolidWorks. When countersink or counterbored features are put in using the hole wizard, CamWorks does not automatically recognize the csink or cbore portion. If the same feature is put in as a cut extrude vs. cut revolve, then everything works fine. Anyone else come across this? As a designer, I use the hole wizard as a convenient way to save time, but it ends up taking our programmer extra time to manually program those holes. Under CamWorks options and features make sure 3 axis pockets and all other features are chosen for extract ma...

CAMWorks losing its network license intermittently
PC connected to mill gets its CAMWorks license from Windows Server using FlexLM. Network is wireless. Operator reports that CAMWorks stops working. License status window shows all the licenses greyed out and gone. Clicking the Refresh button in the license status dialog doesn't do anything. Restarting Solidworks restores normal operation. Anyone else experience this? We're gonna try to snake a hard wire from the nearest network jack to the PC to see if it's related to the wireless (possibly a dropout). All other networked applications (email, web, file sharing) continue to w...

Check Out SolidCAM's New iMachining
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/check-out-solidcams-new-imachining/ Jon Banquer San Diego, CA On Jul 29, 6:53=A0pm, jon_banquer <jon_banq...@yahoo.com> wrote: > http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/check-out-solidcams-new-imachining/ > > Jon Banquer > San Diego, CA Or you could just link right to the proper SolidCAM page instead of spamming your comedy blog. http://www.solidcam.com/news_detail_en,2718,55430,detail.html > http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/check-out-solidcams-new-imachining/ 14 downloads in the last hour. Thanks! Jon Banquer San Diego, CA On Jul 29, 6:5...

What's Significant And New In SolidCAM 2010?
As per usual you can only get this information on the Jon Banquer blog! Cut and paste the link below into your browser and start getting the information you can't get in this worthless wasteland. www.jonbanquer.wordpress.com On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:29:07 -0700 (PDT), Joe788 <larryrozer@yahoo.com> wrote: >As per usual you can only get this information on the Jon Banquer >blog! > >Cut and paste the link below into your browser and start getting the >information you can't get in this worthless wasteland. > >www.jonbanquer.wordpress.com http://jonbanquer...