Solidworks Competition

As usual I've left it to last minute ;-)  - Is Anyone else having
trouble uploading files
(solidworks use a Java Applet - but this just stalls at 4K !!)

0
mark77a (3)
11/30/2006 1:59:03 PM
comp.cad.solidworks 14465 articles. 56 followers. Post Follow

SolidWorks or ProE?
Hello group, this topic may have been posted before but my firm is looking to either get SolidWorks or ProE to do our design work. Our main work is machine design which consist of 1000 parts or more. Can anyone give any advice on which would be the best for us? Thanks in advance Eric Solidworks "CDC" <ecope@highland.net> wrote in message news:dgd80h$efio$1@news3.infoave.net... > Hello group, this topic may have been posted before but my firm is looking > to either get SolidWorks or ProE to do our design work. > > Our main work is machine design which consist...

The Best SolidWorks Workstation
What are your opinions on the best SW workstation for very complex parts? Pretend money is no object. I'm looking for something that SW can utilize. Not a 4 core workstation that SW can only utilize at 25%. Off the shelf would be fine, custom built would be fine as well. Thanks in advance! If you do not want a four core workstation, then you do not want the best system that is out today for SolidWorks. The new Core i7 and Xeon Nehalem core cpu's are the fastest for SW. They are four core processors with hyper-threading. Head over to the forums at SolidWorks and search the Performa...

SmarTeam - SolidWorks
Nowadays I am working with SmarTeam 4. We are going to migrate to V5R12. In old system I create 3D drawing creating Document link on 3D Part or Assembly. In new version I noticed difference. SmarTeam create new type of link SolidWorks links and the old way of my working create double link, one Document and second SolidWorks. Anyone can tel me how should I work in SmarTeam V5. Artur ...

Print 100 solidworks drawings to pdf using program
Is there a way to program solidworks to print out all the drawings in the folder in PDF format. Otherwise I will have to end up doing it manually. Can anyone please advise? Thanks SW task scheduler should do what you are after. -- Brian Hokanson Starting Line Products Thank you Brian, The solution works. Fantastic. Thanks a ton. Brian wrote: > SW task scheduler should do what you are after. > -- > Brian Hokanson > Starting Line Products Hello, I found that SW task scheduler works extremely slow. How long did it take to convert the 100 drawings. Elmo venurg@gmail.com ...

Idea: Remote Evolving Agent Competition Transaction Server
Hi, OK, so I contrived the acronym to spell REACTS. The "A" could be "Automatic" instead of "Agent." But it's a need which has come up several times, and does not quite seem to be filled by any existing protocol/system. This is to cover cases where programs are to be entered into a competition, which then proceeds through some number of "rounds", "games" or "tournaments". E.g. I've seen a few open-source projects that want to proceed like this and also there's often similar competitions proposed to go wit...

SolidWorks Student vs. SolidWorks Pro.
Hi, I am going to study Mechanical Engineering next year in Germany. Now I want to use this time meaningfully and starts learn to use Solid Works. I have the decision between Solid Works student (91?) and professional (a lot of more money). Have I all important functions in the study-version (tutorial, eDrawing, etc)? Thank you, Daniel Hemmerling, Cologne Germany P.S. Found right writing errors may be kept Hello towarts you Daniel, Get for youself the version for the student if you only are for to learn. For paying too much to simple learn, the profesion version you are ...

Solidworks 2005 SP
Anyone know where to get it or can supply a valid S/N to th solidworks website? From the valid software package you purchased from your valid SolidWorks reseller. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com "Darin" <dcyns@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:kMadnTM9iZpiuBvfRVn-2g@adelphia.com... > Anyone know where to get it or can supply a valid S/N to th solidworks > website? > > We purchased SW2005, and our support has run out. Just needed Sp3. Any help would be appreciated. "Devon T. Sowell" <dtsowell@3-ddesignsolutions.com>...

Who Has The Best And Most Creative SolidWorks Blog?
What SolidWorks blog is attracting far more than just SolidWorks loyalists with their head up shoved up their ass? What SolidWorks blog has become the leader in most people posting to it? What SolidWorks blog is the most creative? I wish I could say SolidMentor but Ben Eadie seems to have gotten side tracked. Hope he's okay and just very busy with work. In the mean time the winner by a mile is SolidSmack. www.solidsmack.com Has the owner of Solidsmack used the word "pimpin" yet? If not, I think it=92s time "pimpin" made its debut on SolidSmack. Are you posting t...

matlab solidworks
hi everybody, i wana run solidworks macro by matlab script, please help me thanks ...

Reminder : Commodore 128 Game Coding Competition
(ORIG-IP: 10.0.0.2) (RFC850-Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:45:14 +1000) (RFC850-Lines: 34) (RFC850-X-Priority: 3) (RFC850-X-MSMail-Priority: Normal) (RFC850-X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869) (RFC850-X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962) (RFC850-X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original) We are pleased to announce the Commodore 128 Game Coding Competition 2006! Commodore 128 Game Coding Competition 2006 is a friendly competition designed to see what artistic creativity exists in the C128 community. RULES - Entries must be original programs - The result must be ...

Could this be why solidworks is sooooo slow.....
Gleamed from howstuffworks Invalid page fault - A program uses memory (RAM) to store data. For example, when you load a document into Microsoft Word, large parts of the file you are editing take up space in RAM. As the program needs memory, it requests blocks of memory of specific sizes from the operating system. The program remembers the location of each block it allocates using a "pointer." If the program tries to write data to a location beyond the end of a memory block, or if the program gets confused and tries to access a non-existent block of memory using an invalid poi...

Compuware Competitive Analysis #2
In response to Mike's posting below: http://www.it-analysis.com is very good for commericial software reviews. A recent article on this site called "Looking after Number One" discusses the Uniface 8.3 release ( http://www.it-analysis.com/article.php?articleid=3692 ). There's also a good 30 page odd review in PDF format of Uniface 8. Cheers Mark From: Mike Levy (mike_levy@levy-consulting.com) Subject: Compuware Competitive Analysis View this article only Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.app-builder.uniface Date: 2003-09-26 11:35:44 PST Anyon...

[News] Doors Have Opened for Competitive Market
,----[ Quote ] | Like Apple, Microsoft is also acting upon competitive pressures -- but | Apple is going after Goliath while Microsoft is trying to protect its | flank. | It feels threatened by open source software, such as Linux. Linux and | programs that run under it are also typically much less expensive than | Windows and Windows programs. | | [...] | | Meanwhile, Microsoft announced in April that it would begin providing | technical support to some users of Linux, the open source Latest News | about open source operating system that's a competitor to Windows. | Specifically, Micros...

[News] Sun Might Drop Licence Competitiveness (Linux to Still Reign 'GPL Land')
Sun demurs from adopting GPL v3 for OpenSolaris, keeps CDDL only ,----[ Quote ] | On the other hand, there may be highly positive long-term effects that | protect users, build bridges to the Apache community, close patent | infringement loopholes (you know what I mean), and that bring more low-risk | open source use to more organizations (and spur them on as contributors) in a | mission critical sense. Sun should be for that, no? But here’s where they are | at … `---- http://blogs.zdnet.com/Gardner/?p=2489 Related: Sun set to open source Java products ,----[ Quote ] | We won...

SolidWorks -> SolidWorks Office Justification
Has anyone else had the task of convincing their boss to do this upgrade? If so what arguments did you use? Thanks for your replies. We updated one seat so we would have access to eDrawings Pro to be able to turn on measure capability. It also gave us a seat of animator to use for some of our presentations. WT "WormSign" <wormsign@doon.com> wrote in message news:7z7gi.182004$_c5.29131@attbi_s22... > Has anyone else had the task of convincing their boss to do this upgrade? > If so what arguments did you use? > > Thanks for your replies. > > &...

The of solidworks
can any one in uk tell me the cost of a solidworks seat thanks "Adrian Brooks" <a_e_brooks@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:NrKdnSDfQog5oRDaRVnyjwA@bt.com... > can any one in uk tell me the cost of a solidworks seat > thanks > If you buy a bundle of network licenses you might get them discounted toGBP3200. For a fixed-node Classic (basic) license its around 4000. Office (+ toolbox, photoworks, featureworks) is around 4800 and Pro (+PDMWorks) is 5500. John H ...

[News] Sun's Competition with Linux Off to a Poor Start?
Sun Microsystems' Vipul Gupta: Security Never Rests ,----[ Quote ] | In network security, engineers have to run as fast as they can just | to keep up. "Something that is here today will not be good | enough for tomorrow," said Sun Microsystems Senior Staff | Engineer Vipul Gupta. `---- http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/55683.html He was right. Solaris Telnet 0-day vulnerability ,----[ Quote ] | Worse, this is almost identical to a bug in AIX and Linux rlogin | from way back in 1994. `---- ^^^^^^^^^^^^ http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/12/1118248&from=rs...

solidworks tutorials
Where can I get Solidworks tutorial, e-book etc? B. u will get ur solidworks tutorials and other help materials along with the solidworks cd that u purchase cnkk ...

UG NX to solidworks
I received a package with NX files. I open most, but ran across a couple that could not find and parasolid geometry. I figure they must be some kind of 2d stock list. Is there anyway to open this kind of file within solidworks, or is there a third party addon that could be used to translate this into an AutoCAD file? Any help with this would be extreamly appericated. Thanks, Darrell ...

Solidworks reference directory and its use in projects
I am working on setting up standard solidworks folder (file server) that is to be used in all our engineering projects. That is, projects have their own file server, and each project SW model refers to files in standards folder plus custom models built on top of standard. Do you have experience in such setup? I appreciate if you can help me identify probelms/issues that I should be aware of: e.g. multiple references from different projects (no idea what problems that would create), versioning, etc. We do not have PDM (not even budgeted for next three years), hence I am looking for cost-effec...

Text in Solidworks
All, How do I get SolidWorks (2004) to display/print text on a sketch as solid text vs. the outline of the letters? I am trying to create camera ready art for a silk screen. My examples have to be displayed in "Courier New" font to look right. They can be pasted into notepad. What I get is like this: ___ / _ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ | /_____\ \ | _____ | | | | | |_| |_| What I want is like this: ### ## ## ## ## ## ## ######### ## ## ## ## Also, SolidWorks insists on saving/printing a small...

Problems with solidworks 2003 install
Hello Im trying to install solidwork 2003 on my bosses laptop.. But i cant get i working The only thing he can do is Parts but he have to do assamplis and drawings but it not works. I have installet it before on a desktop computer Can anybody help... Please Hightower This is an unusual problem. We will need more information. Which service pack of SW? Is it the European version (with dongle) or American version? Which laptop model and which OS? How much free hard drive space? How much ram? Which video card? Hightower wrote: > Hello > > Im trying to install solidwork 20...

Using the solidworks logo for my own advertising
Does solidworks allow usage of their logo on websites, brochures, etc. i.e. "Hello, I'm using solidworks to design my stuff..." in my brochures, websites, etc... Do you need to obtain permission from them? my VAR is pretty sure you can use it. I just want to figure out the proper way to do it. I can put the SW logo on my website in conjunction with my CSWP certification or SWMN membership. Other than that or a scholarly discussion of logos I think you would need permission. If your VAR "thinks" you can use it I would get that in writing. James, You shouldn'...

Inspirtech.com offers SolidWorks Education as a SolidWorks Partner
SolidWorks training rich with examples and exercises geared for new SolidWorks users Tehachapi, CA March 19th, 2008 - Inspirtech.com announces its acceptance into the SolidWorks partner Program. "Teaching a world class MCAD program application like SolidWorks, is made easier when lessons are taught slowly and distinctively. Perhaps no system of learning is perfect but the lesson plans that I have tried are as close as you might ever get to that." -Richard Williams MCAD review Lessons at Inspirtech are delivered in a unique hybrid approach to highlight the advantages of both down...

Solidworks 2004 installation
I have Just tried to install solidworks 2004, but I had a few problems. The installation could not find the helpfiles0.cab on cd1,even through I could, this was after trying 2 machines with 3 cdrom drives. Copying cd1 to the hard drive and installing from there, cured this problem, but gave me another, how to install cd2! Ha!, by copying the files from cd2 to the same folder, allowed the installation to work, then doing the same for cd3, allowed a complete install. 22 year of IT experience, has served me well, there is always a way! There is only one problem, I can't get around, and that i...