Sharing Desktops not remotely

Does anybody know of a program that allows you to share two actual
desktops much like dual monitors except the two desktops are two
seperate machines. I've been told that they exist but my source did
not remember the name of the program.
0
joel
12/5/2003 1:27:05 PM
comp.client-server 746 articles. 1 followers. editor (304) is leader. Post Follow

I have a few unix machines on my home lan that I manage through exceed which
works well. I have a window for my Unix sessions and my normal Windows XP
enviornment works very well.

"SpinJoel" <joel@spinaholics.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know of a program that allows you to share two actual
> desktops much like dual monitors except the two desktops are two
> seperate machines. I've been told that they exist but my source did
> not remember the name of the program.

0
Rodrick

Server has disconnected client because client could not keep up with the server. (Web Server and Remote Panel)
How to keep the connection continuously without disconnect from server either in Web Server or Remote Panel? &nbsp; Thank You. &nbsp; Hello, Could you please figure out your problem a little bit more specific. Christian ...

Client-Server ( Client starting server remotely )
I'm writing a client-server app. Client controls Server which in turn configures and controls a bunch of hardware. I want to be able to start the server from my client. Now in C/C++ one could simply run the appropriate command string through a standard "system()" call which is relatively simple. JAVA on the other hand seems to require something like RMI to do it. Basically a use case for what I want to do is something like: Start Client GUI Enter name of data file Client checks bonafides of data file. Client reads and parses data file bui...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

How can i Connet from 1 DB2 Server/Client to Remote Server on AIX
HI, This is the present situation. 1.I have Db2 9.1 installed on 1 AIX machines(server).I have database created and everything is runniing. 2.I have another server with db2 9.1 and I want to connect from this machine to above machine., I dont have Db2 client avaiable in this box. Can any one Please let me know what could be optimum solution for this. I tried this example and is not working. Main thing i should be able to login from 1 machien to other machine db2 catalog tcpip4 node db2tcp2 remote 192.0.32.67 server db2inst1 with "Look up IPv4 address fro...

bugs in client\server program
hello! I have a client/server program in which client lets user input two numbers and the server adds the numbers and returns the sum to client. the problems I am having are: 1. client is not able to connect to remote server. it is only connecting to local host. 2. if a string seperated by "non-numeric" characters (e.g. 34a2dd) is sent, both client and server throw an uncaught exception. i need to fix the client or server or both and give useful feedback to the user. i need to do the error checking of user i/p so that user enters only integers seperated by whitespace. I am attac...

Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server
Hi, It was okay to ping and telnet from remote to server and vice-versa. After the server rebooted (E450, Solaris 8) and now it was not able to ping and telnet from remote, however, it can ping and telnet to remote servers. Any pointer is appreciated. NewBie a �crit : > Hi, > > It was okay to ping and telnet from remote to server and vice-versa. After > the server rebooted (E450, Solaris 8) and now it was not able to ping and > telnet from remote, however, it can ping and telnet to remote servers. > > Any pointer is appreciated. This might be due to a mismatche...

bugs in client\server program
hello! I have a client/server program in which client lets user input two numbers and the server adds the numbers and returns the sum to client. the problems I am having are: 1. client is not able to connect to remote server. it is only connecting to local host. 2. if a string seperated by "non-numeric" characters (e.g. 34a2dd) is sent, both client and server throw an uncaught exception. i need to fix the client or server or both and give useful feedback to the user. i need to do the error checking of user i/p so that user enters only integers seperated by whitespace. I am attac...

Server can see client but client cannot see server
Did a real quick setup of my new netgear wireless equipment. My desktop server is connected to a port on my wireless router and my laptop (client) has a wireless card. The server can see, ping, and connect the the client's shared folder. No problem there. However, the client (windows 2003) cannot ping or see the Server (windows 2003). It does see the wireless router and can ping to it and it connects to it fine. Any quick suggestions are welcome. I'm a programmer and I'm a bonehead around networks. Thanks, Eric epaetz41@hotmail.com (Eric) wrote in message ne...

client to server to client
What modem commands or hardware does it take to connect to the Internet in the following way? Dial-up from home (client) to server. At connect ..... Server recognizes client. Server disconnects client. Server initiates connection back to same client. Any keywords or insights would be appreciated. spencer wrote: > > What modem commands or hardware does it take to connect to the Internet > in the following way? > Dial-up from home (client) to server. > At connect ..... > Server recognizes client. > Server disconnects client. > Server initiates connec...

Remote Desktop
I have installed Windows Server 2003 Administration Tool Pack (Remote Desktop piece) to my local XP machine. I was able to connect to my 2000 servers (Lotus Notes) and see the server as if I was on it directly. All of a sudden I cannot see Domino server console through remote desktop. I am able to access it via other means. Why would I be able to see the console one day and not the next. This is not specific to my computer. Other admins are having the same issue. I know this is not a Domino issue, but wasn't sure if someone else working with a Domino environment has se...

Remote Desktop Server Error
I have installed rdesktop-srvr on my linux box, and now i am getting the following error when trying to connect from win xp: --------------------------- Remote Desktop Disconnected --------------------------- Because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1204), this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again. --------------------------- OK Help --------------------------- Please help. Thx! ...

Client/Server remote execution
Hello dear membres of the alt.comp.lang.java newsgroup. I'm trying to develop a remote execution server. The Server executes linux commands given by the Client, both interconnected by a socket. Example The Client send the "ls -l" command to the Server and the Server send the result to the output of the Client. Client to Server > ls -l (+enter) drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2005-11-04 12:21 backup -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 780 2005-11-04 12:22 Client.java -rw-r--r-- 2 root root 780 2005-11-04 12:22 Server.java I've a...

Remote desktop in Server 2003
Hi, Just want to consult : 1. I just upgraded to Server 2003 from W2K Server 2. I am now using Server 2003 standard version 3. I have updated all services pack for the Server 2003 I can not redirect the remote drive to the local drive and vice versa. But I can connect to the Server from my XP client. Nothing goes wrong but just can not use the drive redirect. Anybody can help me. Thank you ...

Remote Desktop Client Update
While updating iTunes to 12.1 it appears I seem to have hit "update all" and gotten "Remote Desktop Client Update" as well. AFAIK I've never had Remote Desktop client. There is no such animal in the Apps folders (~ or /) following the update. -- "Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones." Benjamin Franklin David Ritz <dritz@mindspring.com> wrote: > More to the point, see > /Library/Application\ Supp...

Looking for Remote Desktop Client
The Software Update to Snow Leopard 10.6.6 installs or updates Remote Desktop Client 3.1.4. I do not find any such application in my Application or Utilities folders. Spotlight doesn't find it either. Where is this application being stored? -- W W <persistentone@spamarrest.com> wrote: > The Software Update to Snow Leopard 10.6.6 installs or updates Remote > Desktop Client 3.1.4. I do not find any such application in my > Application or Utilities folders. Spotlight doesn't find it either. > Where is this application being stored? The terminology for Re...

Finding a share on a remote server
If my application is given the name of a network-attached server (not the one it's running on) and a path to a directory on that server (C:\dir1\dir2\dir3) is there an easy way to find out if the target directory is accessible through a network share? Obviously, there may be more than one network share that includes the directory and any of them, assuming the user has access privileges, would be acceptable. Norm -- -- To reply, change domain to an adult feline. ...

remote shares have appeared on my desktop
...not sure why - and i cant delete them. 1) why 2) how do i get rid of them KDE3.2.1 Gentoo linux p cooper wrote: > ..not sure why - and i cant delete them. > 1) why > 2) how do i get rid of them > > KDE3.2.1 > Gentoo linux Yawn!!! I wish people would read their docs or at least have a look at the relevant part of control-centre before posting. Goto configure desktop / behaviour / devices-icons and turn off show mounted/unmounted samba shares. -- regards, andrew ...

Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.
Hi We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs. Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server whereas the server can access any files on that PC. I suppose it's a good sign that it is at least working in one direction. I just need to get it back to working both ways. Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very experienced with networks. I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server. If there are any web sites you can recommend for network ne...

Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.
Hi We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs. Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server whereas the server can access any files on that PC. I suppose it's a good sign that it is at least working in one direction. I just need to get it back to working both ways. Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very experienced with networks. I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server. If there are any web sites you can recommend...

Password less login between client & server, server & client
Hi, I have a question pertaining to the possibility of using ssh keys for password less logins on both the ssh client and ssh server. To explain this more directly I want my ssh client to connect to my ssh server and vice versa. Currently I have searched throughout the newsgroups and performed many google queries but I cannot seem to find the solution. I am using OpenSSH_3.0.2p1 on Solaris 8 Operating Systems on Sparc architecture and various models. To provide you with a little background I will explain the process I use to create a key for the ssh client. On the ssh client I create my pub...

Win2000 Server can access client but client cannot access server files.
Hi We're running 2000 Server feeding 4 PC's and two Macs. Last week I found one PC can no longer access files on the server whereas the server can access any files on that PC. I suppose it's a good sign that it is at least working in one direction. I just need to get it back to working both ways. Though I am very competent with stand alone PCs I'm not very experienced with networks. I'd very grateful of any suggestions regarding settings I should check that would re-connect the link of this PC to the server. If there are any web sites you can recommend for network ne...

Client Server/Client Server Programmer(Welfare Reporting and Tracking System)
Personnel Title: Client Server/Client Server Programmer Assignment or Project Name: Welfare Reporting and Tracking System Number of Positions: 1 Expected Duration of Assignment: 12 months Rate: Open Location: New York State Mandatory Requirements Note: Candidates not meeting the following mandatory requirements as contained in the RFP will not be considered for further evaluation: 1. Associate's Degree (Pass/Fail) 2. Minimum of 2 years experience Micro Focus COBOL (Pass/Fail) 3. Minimum of 2 years experience in Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, or higher (Pass/Fai...

Windows 2003 Server and Remote Desktop
I have a Windows 2003 web server that I'll be installing into a collocation facility. I need to have remote access for management purposes. Currently I'm using Remote Desktop from within my LAN (server is on my LAN now for testing). However once it's put at the data center it will have a public IP and be accessible by visitors. I'd still like to have Remote Desktop there. Here are some questions: 1) Does remote desktop have encryption to prevent sniffing of data? 2) Is there a way to password protect RD so that users won't just see the Windows logon screen b...

Cisco VPN client and Remote Desktop
I use a Cisco VPN client on a laptop to connect to a client's network. I would like to be able to Remote Desktop into the laptop from another PC in my office. I can remote into the laptop fine until I connect to the remote network with the Cisco VPN client. Is there a setting in the Cisco's VPN client software to allow remote sessions while connected? If not, is there some other remote software I can use besides Remote Desktop?? TIA Matt Atkins Matt wrote: > I use a Cisco VPN client on a laptop to connect to a client's network. > I would like to be able to Remote Desk...

Web resources about - Sharing Desktops not remotely - comp.client-server

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Google Is Doing Away With Ads Along the Right Rail for Desktop
Google will soon rid itself of all AdWords along the right side of the rail for global desktop search queries. The move will decrease the number ...

Price Check: Intel’s Unlocked Skylake Processors for Desktops Are Getting More Affordable
... to get all the latest chips from Intel. The Core i7-6700K remains overpriced, it is still more expensive than the Core i7-5820K high-end desktop ...

No desktop required: WordPress for iOS now lets you create new sites
... and more. Now, you can add site creation to that list. Indeed, you can now create a new WordPress.com site right within the app no desktop ...

Dealmaster: Get a Dell Inspiron 3000 desktop with Core i7, 16GB RAM for $599
Greetings, Arsians! Courtesy of our partners at TechBargains , we have a number of deals on laptops, desktops, and accessories to share today. ...

Sidebar Diagnostics is a stylish system monitor for your desktop
Sidebar Diagnostics is a well-designed professional system monitor for Windows Vista and later. No, we’re not usually interested in this kind ...

Get a full blown all-in-one Windows desktop PC for just $319
Unlike laptops, a desktop computer can really provide you with a sizable screen, so how about an all in one desktop computer with a 19.5 inch ...

Marshmallow Update Available for T-Mobile LG G4 Through LG-Bridge Desktop Software
According to multiple users on reddit , a Marshmallow update for the LG G4 on T-Mobile is available for downloading through LG’s desktop software ...

Adobe Lightroom mobile brings more desktop tools to Android
Adobe's Lightroom mobile got a handful of useful desktop features on iOS back in December, and now those tools are available on Android. In terms ...

AMD tweaks desktop CPU lineup, teases future Zen-compatible AM4 platform
AMD released its official 2016 product roadmap today, with point updates to current hardware, a new CPU cooler, and its Zen-compatible Socket ...