Windows Server 2003 Network Types?

Hi there, currently i am doing a reserach on the Microsoft Windows
Server 2003. I was wondering if anyone could help me to find what are
the types of networks that the Windows 2003 Server can manage. If
anyone could suggest me
some websites to go to, i would really appreciate it. I would like to
know how these network diagrams look like.
Thanks in advance for those who helped me find the websites. Please
let me know the website URLs as i need to reference these findings.
Thanks!

Regards,
Jess
0
jesswess82
4/25/2004 12:15:38 PM
comp.client-server 746 articles. 1 followers. editor (304) is leader. Post Follow

jesswess82@hotmail.com (jespreet) wrote in message news:<837add1a.0404250415.4c491c9f@posting.google.com>...
> Hi there, currently i am doing a reserach on the Microsoft Windows
> Server 2003. I was wondering if anyone could help me to find what are
> the types of networks that the Windows 2003 Server can manage. If
> anyone could suggest me
> some websites to go to, i would really appreciate it. I would like to
> know how these network diagrams look like.
> Thanks in advance for those who helped me find the websites. Please
> let me know the website URLs as i need to reference these findings.
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Jess

Maybe you should check out sites like the Homepage for Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 which is
www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/default.mspx... They have got all
types of product information, technical references, sample demo as
well as the networking commnuties. All the best!

Melanie
0
i_hate_this_add

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server.
I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Both drivers refuse to run. If anyone have successfully make the connection, please help!!! Ching-yeh Tzseng tzseng wrote: > I had tried and failed to connect a Windows server 2003 client to a HP > OfficeJet g85x printer through a networked HP Jetdirect 170x printer > server. I had tried HP Officejet g85x driver for Windows XP and > Windows 2000. Both driver...

SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"
Hello, I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. Many thanks and kind regards, Jens gte477k <jens.schroeder@gmx.ch> writes: > Hello, > > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. > > Many thanks and kind regards, Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. A trial...

filemaker server on windows 2003 server
Hello, I just upgraded my server from a NT4 server to a windows 2003 server with new hardware (currently running 2 times Xeon 2.8, 2 GB RAM, 4 X 10K rpm 74GB in raid 5 configuration). Everything works fine (no speed problems, using 1Gbit switch) only filemaker is extremely slow. I configured filemaker server 5.5 to use 40MB (maximum). If the clients want to open a lot of files simutaniously (I'm using a lot of portals) or want to print huge lists, filemaker is extremely slowly. I checked the cpu usage and network usage, but it peaks at 0.7 %, so I don't think the cpu is the pro...

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Windows 2003 Server (SP2) vs Windows 2000 Server TCP/IP Performance
Hi, I have a W2K and a W2K3 server under test. The test program has two components: 1. a simple TCP/IP test server 2. a simple TCP/IP test client Both are very small programs (written in VB using a third party COM component for sockets). Both are running on the same machine. i.e. the whole test is local to the machine. The TCP/IP test server listens on a particular port (9000) on 127.0.0.1. Two TCP/IP test clients attempt to connect to the TCP/IP test server, get a few bytes of test data (less than 100bytes) and close the connection. They repeat this process 1000 tim...

Server has disconnected client because client could not keep up with the server. (Web Server and Remote Panel)
How to keep the connection continuously without disconnect from server either in Web Server or Remote Panel? &nbsp; Thank You. &nbsp; Hello, Could you please figure out your problem a little bit more specific. Christian ...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

Windows Server 2003 as file server slow?
I have setup the following: Server - Windows 2003 server standard edition, 2GB Ram, 1000BT network card PC - Windows XP, 1GB Ram, 1000BT network card Notebook - WIndows XP, 768MB Ram, 100BT network (build in) All three are connected to an 8 port gigabit switch which is connected to a Broadband Router/FW device which connects to an ADSL modem to connect to the internet. * All three computers have setup network shares. * user on the Server initiates file copy to PC shared drive: very fast * user on the Server initiates file copy from PC shared drive: very fast * user on PC initiate...

Windows server 2003 small business server
Hello, I have installed SBS but am having problems with remote connectivity and firewalls. I am looking for an expert or someone who is quite familiar with the Small Business Server 2003. Am willing to pay for consulting if needed. Thanks shri please reply to shri at bthelpers.com (replace the at) ...

Client: Mac Server: windows 2k server
Hi, I'm having some problems with getting the apple mac to login to the server. When you enter your login details the screen goes away then comes back again after a short pause with no error messages to indicate what has gone wrong. The server has got the appletalk protocol installed and i've enabled the appletalk service in the routing and remote access. Although i'm not entirely sure if this is needed. The windows based clients have no problems loging in etc. The apple mac was okay loging in until i had to re-install the OS as the hard drive failed. Now no s...

SQL Server 2000 and Windows Server 2003
I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this SQL server, which is local, and after that I cannot see any of the databases in the Enterprise Manager. The databases still work, since my applications work fine. I have no clue how can I make these databases visible in Enterprise Manager. I tried registering this SQL Server in Enterprise Manager under Windows accounts and SQL Server accounts. Nothing works. Can anybody help? df (df@df.com) writes: > I have several database on a Windows Server 2003. I re-registered this > SQL server, which is local, and after that ...

freebsd server and windows 2003 server coexist
the point is to save money by not buying MS Exchange and ISA. the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? thanks hou jinihou@yahoo.com (HOU) writes: > the main server is running win2003 server, and it connects to switch > and ADSL router. is it possible to set up a seperate server running > freebsd to server as a web proxy server and a mail server? Sure. They don't even need to know about each other unless the...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

Windows Server 2003 client
Hi, I have a domain controlled by a Samba server (version 2.2.7a). I have joined a Windows Server 2003 box to the domain. When I attempt to open a share on this server, I get the message: "\\xindi is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed." I am attempting to access it from an XP Pro box that is on the same domain. Ideas? Thanks, Alex. Wel, I've found...

Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH*
Wasatch Softrip V4.5 DC052003 [3 CDs], Windows Server 2003, OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 - MICROSOFT [5 CDs], vs.net 2003 [10 CDs], LIVE COMMUNICATIONS SERVER 2003 STANDARD *ENGLISH* - MICROSOFT, IBM Everyplace Mobile Device Enterprise Toolkit v2.0 WS, AutoRoute 2004 [2 CDs], MapPoint Europe 2004 [2 CDs], DVD 01 Microsoft Encarta Reference Library Plus DVD 2004, Paloalto Business Plan Pro 2004, Peachtree First Accounting 2004, for more .nfo, please send e-mail -> tel2003@pathfinder.gr, tel2003@popmail.com, msteve@otenet.gr, and for the complete list of 12,000 PC tutorials, for 300 Med...

Windows 2003 Server Map Drive to Novell Server
I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server. I cannot see the Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to manually map to it using the UNC naming conventions. Any ideas? i've got the same problem David Gadway wrote: > I am attempting to map a drive from a W2K3 Server, which is used as a > Terminal Server, to a Novell Netware 5.x server. I cannot see the > Novell server from the Windows Network Neighborhood, nor can I seem to > manually map to it using the UNC naming conven...

Web resources about - Windows Server 2003 Network Types? - comp.client-server

The Windows Blog

MWC 2016: Huawei Matebook designed to be a Windows tablet with Apple-level elegance
Chinese company sets out to fill a market gap with its 'beautiful Windows tablet', which can transform into a laptop.

How-To: Display window previews for apps in the OS X Dock
... Mac users. There are a few items on the list, however, that are staples in my opinion. For example, I would hate it if every minimized window ...

HP Elite x3: A flagship Windows phone that’s unambiguously enterprisey
(credit: HP) Microsoft has a new partner building Windows-powered phones: HP. HP Inc, the computer and printer portion of the newly split Hewlett-Packard ...

How to get total control over Windows 10's automatic updates
One of the (many) things that divides opinion about Windows 10 is Microsoft’s decision to make updates mandatory. If you have Windows 10 Pro, ...

What it’s like using Windows 10 through the eyes of HoloLens
... be exciting developments. A new Microsoft tutorial video, first seen by WinBeta , shows us how apparently easy it is to flick open a Windows ...

Coolest new Android & Windows phones of MWC 2016
... terms of new headliner devices, and this year has been no exception. Here’s a look at the biggest and best we’ve seen so far, with some Windows ...

Kyocera showcases concept devices and Windows Phone prototype at MWC 2015
From an emergency tablet to a handset with built-in solar charging, Kyocera shows off some of its concept devices at MWC 2015.