Create email and attach PDF from ReportPro3?

Hi all!

We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF that
comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so we
don't have a way to by pass the problem.

We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...

Does anybody have any experiance on this?

TIA

Stavros
0
Stavros
11/16/2009 3:07:05 PM
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Stavros,

RP3 for Vulcan (accessible form VO via COM) does support PDF export. But =

with RP3 for VO, you can still do the same if you have a PDF printer=20
installed, just send it to a PDF printer and email the output.

Regards,
Willie

"Stavros Spanos - www.orbit.gr" <ss@orbit.gr> wrote in message=20

> Hi all!
>
> We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF that
> comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so we
> don't have a way to by pass the problem.
>
> We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
> that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
> email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...
>
> Does anybody have any experiance on this?
>
> TIA
>
> Stavros
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus=20
> signature database 4612 (20091116) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signatur=
e database 4612 (20091116) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Willie
11/16/2009 3:16:41 PM
Well Willie, we know that way. The problem is we need to automate the
email creation, so we need to automate the PDF creation...

> Stavros,
>
> RP3 for Vulcan (accessible form VO via COM) does support PDF export. But
> with RP3 for VO, you can still do the same if you have a PDF printer
> installed, just send it to a PDF printer and email the output.
>
> Regards,
> Willie
>
> "Stavros Spanos -www.orbit.gr" <s...@orbit.gr> wrote in messagenews:d70eb64b-7fbd-4b3f-b100-d18ef3dcbd4d@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Hi all!
>
> > We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF that
> > comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so we
> > don't have a way to by pass the problem.
>
> > We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
> > that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
> > email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...
>
> > Does anybody have any experiance on this?
>
> > TIA
>
> > Stavros

> > signature database 4612 (20091116) __________

> >http://www.eset.com
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4612 (20091116) __________

> http://www.eset.com

0
Stavros
11/16/2009 3:21:09 PM
Stavros,

Barbara Geller posted code quite a while ago that used Ghostscript to=20
automate pdf creation. She uses it form a web app to produce a pdf that =
the=20
client can then open. Sounds like it may work for you in automating the=20
creation/emailing

> Well Willie, we know that way. The problem is we need to automate the
> email creation, so we need to automate the PDF creation...
>
>> Stavros,
>>
>> RP3 for Vulcan (accessible form VO via COM) does support PDF export. =
But
>> with RP3 for VO, you can still do the same if you have a PDF printer
>> installed, just send it to a PDF printer and email the output.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Willie
>>
>> "Stavros Spanos -www.orbit.gr" <s...@orbit.gr> wrote in=20
>> =
messagenews:d70eb64b-7fbd-4b3f-b100-d18ef3dcbd4d@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups=
..com...

>> > Hi all!
>>
>> > We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF =
that
>> > comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so =
we
>> > don't have a way to by pass the problem.
>>
>> > We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
>> > that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
>> > email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...
>>
>> > Does anybody have any experiance on this?
>>
>> > TIA
>>
>> > Stavros
>>
>> > __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
>> > signature database 4612 (20091116) __________
>>
>> > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>
>> >http://www.eset.com
>>
>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus=20
>> signature database 4612 (20091116) __________

>> http://www.eset.com
>

> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus=20
> signature database 4612 (20091116) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signatur=
e database 4612 (20091116) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Willie
11/16/2009 3:26:34 PM
Thanks a lot

I 'll try to find it

0
Stavros
11/16/2009 5:10:08 PM
We use BullPDF with great succes.
Free, easy and completely configurable.

Just create an INI file in the right folder and print to the PDF printer:
// Header
  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("[PDF Printer]")
  // Output path
  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("output =C:\TestPDF.pdf")
  // Dont show the preview
  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("showpdf = no")
  // Overwrite without confirmation
  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("confirmoverwrite=no")
  // Dont show the "Save as" window
  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("showsaveas=nofile")
  // Dont show the "pdf settings" window
  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("showsettings=never")

--
Grtz, Marc

"Stavros Spanos - www.orbit.gr" <ss@orbit.gr> schreef in bericht
> Hi all!
>
> We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF that
> comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so we
> don't have a way to by pass the problem.
>
> We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
> that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
> email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...
>
> Does anybody have any experiance on this?
>
> TIA
>
> Stavros

0
Marc
11/16/2009 8:02:36 PM
http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

--
Grtz, Marc

"Marc Verkade [Marti IT]" <marcatM@rtidotnl> schreef in bericht
> We use BullPDF with great succes.
> Free, easy and completely configurable.
>
> Just create an INI file in the right folder and print to the PDF printer:
> // Header
>  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("[PDF Printer]")
>  // Output path
>  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("output =C:\TestPDF.pdf")
>  // Dont show the preview
>  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("showpdf = no")
>  // Overwrite without confirmation
>  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("confirmoverwrite=no")
>  // Dont show the "Save as" window
>  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("showsaveas=nofile")
>  // Dont show the "pdf settings" window
>  oPDFSettings:WriteLine("showsettings=never")
>

> --
> Grtz, Marc
>

> "Stavros Spanos - www.orbit.gr" <ss@orbit.gr> schreef in bericht
>> Hi all!
>>
>> We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF that
>> comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so we
>> don't have a way to by pass the problem.
>>
>> We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
>> that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
>> email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...
>>
>> Does anybody have any experiance on this?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Stavros

0
Marc
11/16/2009 8:05:06 PM
On Nov 16, 5:07=A0pm, "Stavros Spanos - www.orbit.gr" <s...@orbit.gr>
wrote:
> Hi all!
Hi, Stavros, we use the free Pdfcreator with Rp2.14. We print first to
the default printer (to get a paper copy), then use lOnn:=3D
oReport:PrinterDevice:SetPrinterByName("Pdfcreator"), check if lOnn is
true, issue a oReport:print(), start a loop checking if the pdf has
been created and what its size is (the printing to pdf will take some
time and I have not found a way to get a message from the printer
saying it is ready so you just have to poll). When we know the pdf
exists and is of the right size then just attach it to a message,
check the attachmentinfo to see it is there for sure and send it.

The pdfcreator is configurable so you can make it work totally
transparent.

HTH,
mot

> We are in a need to automate the creation and attachment of a PDF that
> comes from ReportPro3. The problem is that RP3 doesnt create PDF so we
> don't have a way to by pass the problem.
>
> We tried to find a way to do it in the background using an activex
> that could turn ReportPro's RTF to a PDF and then attach it to an
> email. Unfortunatelly we didn't find any...
>
> Does anybody have any experiance on this?
>
> TIA
>
> Stavros

0
mot
11/20/2009 6:56:34 AM
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:56:34 -0800 (PST), mot <martti.toivonen@utu.fi>
wrote:

>On Nov 16, 5:07�pm, "Stavros Spanos - www.orbit.gr" <s...@orbit.gr>
>wrote:
>> Hi all!
>Hi, Stavros, we use the free Pdfcreator with Rp2.14.

....as long as you realize this doesn't work on Server2008...For other
all system's it works great. We use the same method. You can write
values in the registry to pre-create the name and location of the PDF
file and let PDFCreator run in silent mode. Our program does so for
creating batch invoices to be attached to mails. After the session,
the previous settings are restored for 'normal' use of PDFCReator.

Dick van Kooten