Error 5333 , ACCESS VIOLATION (Ramdom)

Hello,

I get the next error in some areas of my aplication, the error occurs  in
a random way,some times the app works fine and others the error occurs
...i have not idea how it is caused and why occurs sometimes in diferent
aplication areas
I developed my app in VO 2.5 b3 ,how can solve this issue?
i check que integrity of the  repository where my aplication is compiled
and is it ok .
if any can help ...Thank you in advance!

The error is something like this:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
Error message:
--------------
Error Code:  50 [ ACCESS VIOLATION ]
Subsystem: VO-CODE
Error Subcode: 5333
Argument Number: 2
///////////////////////////////////////////////

Juli�n R Berl�n

0
Exactus
11/12/2004 5:53:36 PM
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:53:36 -0500, "Exactus" <shulianshu@eg-a.com>
wrote:

Hello Juli�n,

There are many messages about the 5333, just search. Geoff Schaller
has written an interesting paper "Memory Management and Preventing the
5333 Error". Try at least to find out if you can reproduce the error,
than isolate the code responsible for it by commenting out as much
code as possible until the error doesn't appear anymore. Then you have
your suspect code. Remember, 5333 is normally not caused by the line
where it was invoked.

Dick van Kooten

Julian,

This is the most frequently asked question. And we all got them when we
started VO. You need a paper by Geoff Schaller that explains what causes it
and how to find the problem. Here's a pointer to it (hope it's correct)...

"Memory management and Repairing 5333 Errors"
www.softwareobjectives.com.au

HTH

Dave Francis

"Exactus" <shulianshu@eg-a.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I get the next error in some areas of my aplication, the error occurs  in
> a random way,some times the app works fine and others the error occurs
> ..i have not idea how it is caused and why occurs sometimes in diferent
> aplication areas
> I developed my app in VO 2.5 b3 ,how can solve this issue?
> i check que integrity of the  repository where my aplication is compiled
> and is it ok .
> if any can help ...Thank you in advance!
>
> The error is something like this:
> //////////////////////////////////////////////////
> Error message:
> --------------
> Error Code:  50 [ ACCESS VIOLATION ]
> Subsystem: VO-CODE
> Error Subcode: 5333
> Argument Number: 2
> ///////////////////////////////////////////////
>

> Juli�n R Berl�n

0
Dave
11/12/2004 7:04:04 PM
Juli�n

Fortunately, 5333's only appear to be random. They are in fact the
direct result of something you've done in your code. As the others
pointed out, my paper on the topic (only one of many that people have
written over the years) will offer some techniques to help you narrow
down the causes. You should also study Robert's sessions on VO VooDoo -
it has important information on how various memory and GC mechanisms
work in VO.

But possibly you should upgrade to VO 2.7b urgently. The much tightened
compiler will probably catch many of the circumstances that cause your
5333 - it may in fact solve it completely for you. We almost never get
them now or if we do, we know instantly what we changed to cause it.

Geoff

> Hello,
>
> I get the next error in some areas of my aplication, the error occurs  in
>
> a random way,some times the app works fine and others the error occurs
> ..i have not idea how it is caused and why occurs sometimes in diferent
> aplication areas
> I developed my app in VO 2.5 b3 ,how can solve this issue?
> i check que integrity of the  repository where my aplication is compiled
>
> and is it ok .
> if any can help ...Thank you in advance!
>
> The error is something like this:
> //////////////////////////////////////////////////
> Error message:
> --------------
> Error Code:  50 [ ACCESS VIOLATION ]
> Subsystem: VO-CODE
> Error Subcode: 5333
> Argument Number: 2
> ///////////////////////////////////////////////
>

> Juli�n R Berl�n

0
Geoff
11/13/2004 12:10:03 AM
Hi All!

> As the others pointed out, my paper on the topic (only one of many that
> people have written over the years) will offer some techniques to help you
> narrow down the causes. You should also study Robert's sessions on VO
> VooDoo - it has important information on how various memory and GC
> mechanisms work in VO.

I also take an interest in the above mentioned articles. I found Geoff's
one, it is very interesting an useful.
But where can be found Robert's articel: "Vo VooDoo or 'The internals of VO
memory management'", only I have found
the summary of it.

TIA

Istv�n K�rm�ndi

0
Istv
11/14/2004 9:17:56 AM
thanks for your answers , i will try to migrate to V.O
2.7 , the old V.O 2.5 licence will be work on V.O 2.7 ?
i�m interesting in this paper too ! where can be found Robert's article:

"Vo VooDoo or 'The internals of VO memory management"

Salutes !!!

Juli�n R Berl�n

0
Exactus
11/15/2004 3:17:47 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:17:47 -0500, "Exactus" <CoolDeveloper@hotmail>
wrote:

>thanks for your answers , i will try to migrate to V.O
>2.7 , the old V.O 2.5 licence will be work on V.O 2.7 ?

Hello Juli�n ,

You will have to buy an upgrade - there's is still a cost reduction
when you have a valid 2.5 licence.

>i�m interesting in this paper too ! where can be found Robert's article:
>"Vo VooDoo or 'The internals of VO memory management"

I think it's not public stuff - Robert presented this on the Devcon
USA 2003 and it's of course presented to the visitors.

Dick van Kooten