GPF when creating index #2

HI,

i dont?t understand, what is happening here.

ther is a dbf-file with
9,841,625 recs
recsize = 103
filesize of dbf = 1,013,687,826

this dbf is used via "COMIX"-rdd

now, when creating the index like str(burnr,8)+str(farbnr,2) i will get
a gpf at recno 846776

when creating the index like "str(burnr,8)+str(farbnr,2)+str(recno(),10)
the index will be created fine

when creating the index like "str(burnr,8)the index will also be created
fine.

Now, what is wrong here ???
0
Eckhard
11/24/2009 3:43:57 PM
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

i am using clipper 5.2e and Comix-RDD v 3.00.09
0
Eckhard
11/24/2009 3:49:16 PM
Eckhard

1>
Your running out of memory.
If your doing the indexing via your app. try doing it externally with
another maintenance app. that just does the indexing.

2>
You have some corruption at or near Record 846776

3>
IIRC SixDriver had a magic number problem, maybe you've jusr found the one
for COMIX <g>

CYA
Steve

0
Stephen
11/25/2009 12:26:45 AM
Stephen Quinn schrieb:
> Eckhard
>
> 1>
> Your running out of memory.
> If your doing the indexing via your app. try doing it externally with
> another maintenance app. that just does the indexing.
>
> 2>
> You have some corruption at or near Record 846776
>
> 3>
> IIRC SixDriver had a magic number problem, maybe you've jusr found the one
> for COMIX <g>
>
> CYA
> Steve

Hi Stephen,

i tried it on an other machine, and i also made a small app that only
creates the index, both trys dont?work.

In an other newsgroup i found this:

http://groups.google.com/group/pl.comp.bazy-danych/browse_thread/thread/334fe5114f5e6d34

http://groups.google.com/group/pl.comp.bazy-danych/browse_thread/thread/c582246a863159d6

 > Regards

Okay, when this is a known problem, ich will add str(recno(),10) to my
indexkey, so it will also work
0
Eckhard