HelpDisplay with HH_ALINK_LOOKUP

Hi,

I am working with VO27b (2740) and I have a problem to display help topics
with aLinks from a CHM help file.

Here are some source snippets:

SELF:helpDisplay := helpDisplay{gcPfad + "DRAGSEND.CHM",SELF}
SELF:helpDisplay:EnableHTMLHelp(TRUE)
SELF:helpDisplay:show("a_test",HH_ALINK_LOOKUP)

The help file is build with Help & Manual 5.3 and the a-searchwords are
filled in correctly. The help window comes up, but it dont show the correct
topic.

With normaly searchwords and
SELF:helpDisplay:show("k_test",HH_KEYWORD_LOOKUP)
it works well.

some ideas?
Thank you for the help!

Fred Killet
killet-nospam@killetsoft.de

comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Fred

I wrote a tutorial HELP n MANUAL and VO on the www.helpandmanual.com
site.

http://www.helpandmanual.com/support_tutorials.html

Have you had a look at this ?

Phil McGuinness

0
Sherlock
11/20/2009 11:33:59 AM
Hello,

I found it!
There is a bug in the VO2.7 help and in the VO2.8 help.
The keyword for using alinks is #ALINK and not HH_ALINK_LOOKUP

bug:
goShell:helpDisplay:show("a_shareware",HH_ALINK_LOOKUP)

correct:
goShell:helpDisplay:show("a_shareware",#ALINK)

The equivalent for HH_KEYWORD_LOOKUP is #KEYWORD

It is verry angrily, because it cost me half a day!!

Fred Killet
killet-nospam@killetsoft.de

0
Fred
11/20/2009 2:01:50 PM
Good pickup Fred.

I'd wondered why ALinks didn't work but abandoned them instead. I might
now go back and investigate their use.

Thanks.

Geoff

"Sherlock" <sherlock@sherlock.com.au> wrote in message

> Fred
>
> I wrote a tutorial HELP n MANUAL and VO on the www.helpandmanual.com
> site.
>
> http://www.helpandmanual.com/support_tutorials.html
>
> Have you had a look at this ?
>
> Phil McGuinness

0
Geoff
11/21/2009 12:39:54 AM
Fred,

Another thought. I think one problem here is that the Help is quite a
bit behind the class code. Looking into the SDK on this topic alone I
can see other related bugs that I have as work-arounds in my class code.
It is instructive to review the HelpDisplay:Show() method in the SDK.
Here you will notice that Paul Piko picked up this very issue in 2003
but the help was not been updated accordingly. Then, further repairs
were made in 2006 and 2007 and still the Help notes were not updated.

It is a tad slack that when three people have worked this over (Paul,
Robert and Sven) that no-one made notes to John to fix the Help but
there you go. Thin budgets etc.

Geoff

"Fred Killet" <killet-nospam@killetsoft.de> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I found it!
> There is a bug in the VO2.7 help and in the VO2.8 help.
> The keyword for using alinks is #ALINK and not HH_ALINK_LOOKUP
>
> bug:
> goShell:helpDisplay:show("a_shareware",HH_ALINK_LOOKUP)
>
> correct:
> goShell:helpDisplay:show("a_shareware",#ALINK)
>
> The equivalent for HH_KEYWORD_LOOKUP is #KEYWORD
>
> It is verry angrily, because it cost me half a day!!
>

> Fred Killet
> killet-nospam@killetsoft.de

0
Geoff
11/21/2009 12:56:25 AM
Hi Geoff,

there is an other bug in the class HelpDisplay:

Self:helpDisplay:show("HelpSearch") does not work, because there is a bug in
the WIN-API. The development team can google for the official Microsoft
workarround and it would be nice, if they repair that.

Also Self:helpDisplay:show(""HelpContents") is not documented in the VO
help, but works nice.

Please Robert, Paul, do the corrections and rewrite the documentation of the
class HelpDisplay.