New install VO 2.8

I'm having a new i7 PC and want to install VO on it (for the few time I
still use it)

I'm having a VO 2.7 upgrade CD en a VO 2.8 upgrade patch file

The 2.8 patch it no full installer so I will have to install 2.7 first.

It seems the 2.7 installer looks for some old VO file. I'm having
cavo27.exe and cavo28.exe but these are not the files the installer
looks for.

Do I need cavo26.exe or another file ?
Can someone help me to get this file ?

John
0
JohnMartens
11/19/2016 7:58:27 AM
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi John,

somewhere you should have a full 2.8 installer, and this should look
for a cavo27.exe or cavo28.exe, if you are giving a 2.8 upgrade serial
number.

Unfortunately, support.cavo.com is not more available, but using your
old login you should be able to login to support.govulcan.net.

Do you have your serial number? And what is the version of VO 2.8 you
need?

Wolfgang

JohnMartens wrote:

> I'm having a new i7 PC and want to install VO on it (for the few time
> I still use it)
>
> I'm having a VO 2.7 upgrade CD en a VO 2.8 upgrade patch file
>
> The 2.8 patch it no full installer so I will have to install 2.7
> first.
>
> It seems the 2.7 installer looks for some old VO file. I'm having
> cavo27.exe and cavo28.exe but these are not the files the installer
> looks for.
>
> Do I need cavo26.exe or another file ?
> Can someone help me to get this file ?
>
> John

Wolfgang
11/19/2016 11:11:17 AM
Hi John,

to be more precise:

> I'm having a VO 2.7 upgrade CD en a VO 2.8 upgrade patch file
>
> The 2.8 patch it no full installer so I will have to install 2.7
> first.

the patch you have is not going from 2.7 to 2.8, but from an earlier VO
2.8 version to another.

A full VO 2.8 install is about 43 MB in size - your patch for sure is
much, much smaller.

I should have an archive of older VO installs somewhere - I need to
know what build you need.

But it should be possible to copy your VO installation from the old
machine to the new one if you don't change the paths.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
11/19/2016 11:47:13 AM
Hi Wolfgang,

Will it me possilble to move my full Program Files/cavo28 path to the
new machine and will it work ?
I supposed that there would be loads of registry entries that I would miss

This is my 2.8 that I still have: setupvo28SP2_2930_Patch.exe (15.702 kB)

If I would have the full 2.8 installer I would be able to point to my
saved cavo27.exe file as a proof that I had an earlier version of VO

John

Op 19-11-2016 om 12:47 schreef Wolfgang Riedmann:
> Hi John,
>
> to be more precise:
>
>> I'm having a VO 2.7 upgrade CD en a VO 2.8 upgrade patch file
>>
>> The 2.8 patch it no full installer so I will have to install 2.7
>> first.
>
> the patch you have is not going from 2.7 to 2.8, but from an earlier VO
> 2.8 version to another.
>
> A full VO 2.8 install is about 43 MB in size - your patch for sure is
> much, much smaller.
>
> I should have an archive of older VO installs somewhere - I need to
> know what build you need.
>
> But it should be possible to copy your VO installation from the old
> machine to the new one if you don't change the paths.
>
> Wolfgang

0
JohnMartens
11/19/2016 12:59:03 PM
Hi John,

> Will it me possilble to move my full Program Files/cavo28 path to the
> new machine and will it work ?  I supposed that there would be loads
> of registry entries that I would miss

you had installed it in Program Files\Cavo8? On Windows XP or newer?

I have my VO installation in c:\cavo28 and repo in c:\vorepo, and I
could move it between systems without any problem.

Since VO 2.7 VO does not need the registry anymore, all the
configuration stays in files.

> This is my 2.8 that I still have: setupvo28SP2_2930_Patch.exe (15.702
> kB)

so on you old machine you have installed VO 2.8 SP2 Build 2830?

> If I would have the full 2.8 installer I would be able to point to my
> saved cavo27.exe file as a proof that I had an earlier version of VO

yes, this would be possible. It depends on the serial if you need a
previous exe - if the serial starts with "UPD" it is an upgrade serial,
otherwise (begins with "FUL") it is a full version.

If you can confirm the version you need and the date of the cavo28.exe
on your old machine I can search older backups (currently I have only
the setups for 2.8 SP4a and 2.8 SP4b on my machine).

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
11/19/2016 2:37:05 PM
Hi Wolfgang,

On the win10 machine VO belongs in the x86 folder. Then VO does not work.

I put it in the Porgram Files and it workes.

Thanks for the hint !!

John

Op 19-11-2016 om 15:37 schreef Wolfgang Riedmann:
> Hi John,
>
>> Will it me possilble to move my full Program Files/cavo28 path to the
>> new machine and will it work ?  I supposed that there would be loads
>> of registry entries that I would miss
>
> you had installed it in Program Files\Cavo8? On Windows XP or newer?
>
> I have my VO installation in c:\cavo28 and repo in c:\vorepo, and I
> could move it between systems without any problem.
>
> Since VO 2.7 VO does not need the registry anymore, all the
> configuration stays in files.
>

>> This is my 2.8 that I still have: setupvo28SP2_2930_Patch.exe (15.702
>> kB)
>
> so on you old machine you have installed VO 2.8 SP2 Build 2830?
>
>> If I would have the full 2.8 installer I would be able to point to my
>> saved cavo27.exe file as a proof that I had an earlier version of VO
>
> yes, this would be possible. It depends on the serial if you need a
> previous exe - if the serial starts with "UPD" it is an upgrade serial,
> otherwise (begins with "FUL") it is a full version.
>
> If you can confirm the version you need and the date of the cavo28.exe
> on your old machine I can search older backups (currently I have only
> the setups for 2.8 SP4a and 2.8 SP4b on my machine).
>
> Wolfgang

0
JohnMartens
11/19/2016 4:18:01 PM
Hi John,

> On the win10 machine VO belongs in the x86 folder. Then VO does not
> work.
>
> I put it in the Porgram Files and it workes.
>
> Thanks for the hint !!

fine, if it works!

Personally, I don't like the Program Files folder - I'm installing VO
in c:\vo28, and X# in c:\xsharp\compiler.

Anyway, on a very old system disk from a previous machine I have found
all setups from 2741 until 2837 (2.8 SP3).

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
11/19/2016 4:35:05 PM
Wolfgang,
pmfj, but your news-server seems to be down since yesterday...

Karl

>Hi John,
>
>> On the win10 machine VO belongs in the x86 folder. Then VO does not
>> work.
>>
>> I put it in the Porgram Files and it workes.
>>
>> Thanks for the hint !!
>
>fine, if it works!
>
>Personally, I don't like the Program Files folder - I'm installing VO
>in c:\vo28, and X# in c:\xsharp\compiler.
>
>Anyway, on a very old system disk from a previous machine I have found
>all setups from 2741 until 2837 (2.8 SP3).
>
>Wolfgang
Regards

Karl
0
Karl
11/20/2016 9:54:34 AM
Hi Karl,

> pmfj, but your news-server seems to be down since yesterday...

the X# newsserver is down - mine seems to be running.

My main provider had DDoS attacks on Wednesday and Thursday, so it is
possible that the servers address could not be resolved - the server
itself should be ok.

Wolfgang

> Karl
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> >> On the win10 machine VO belongs in the x86 folder. Then VO does not
> >> work.
> >>
> >> I put it in the Porgram Files and it workes.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the hint !!
> >
> > fine, if it works!
> >
> > Personally, I don't like the Program Files folder - I'm installing
> > VO in c:\vo28, and X# in c:\xsharp\compiler.
> >
> > Anyway, on a very old system disk from a previous machine I have
> > found all setups from 2741 until 2837 (2.8 SP3).
> >
> > Wolfgang
> Regards
>
> Karl

Wolfgang