Problems with debugger

Hi,

Do you know, what my be a reason for such "screen of death" during debuggin=
g ?
It looks like this :
 - the program stops on a beakpoint and I invoke locals and database (ctrl =
L + ctrl D)
 - in few seconds iI get the error screen with "unhandled exception 0xC0...=
5"
 - after such exit I found a new module __VO__DebugModule (on the beginning=
 it is hidden, and I am not able to compile program; I must export the whol=
e program to aef, delete it in a repository and then import from aef; after=
 such strange operations the extra module is visible and I am able to delet=
e it)

Is it possible, to mix in one app two systems of indexes : cdx for new dbf'=
s and ntx in old, working for many years ?
I asked, because I had many unexpected exits and I return back to ntx.

Thanks in advance
Krystian

0
Krystian
7/31/2013 3:52:46 PM
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:52:46 -0700 (PDT), Krystian <softb@softb.pl>
wrote:

Hello Krystian,

>Do you know, what my be a reason for such "screen of death" during debugging ?

Usually a project reindex solves unexpected run time errors. Did you
try that?

Dick
W dniu =C5=9Broda, 31 lipca 2013 19:11:10 UTC+2 u=C5=BCytkownik D. J. W. va=
n Kooten napisa=C5=82:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:52:46 -0700 (PDT), Krystian <softb@softb.pl>
>=20
> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hello Krystian,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >Do you know, what my be a reason for such "screen of death" during debug=
ging ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Usually a project reindex solves unexpected run time errors. Did you
>=20
> try that?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Dick

Hallo Dick,

Thank you for answer;
I reindex and rebuild that ... several times per hour and it does not help.

Krystian
0
Krystian
7/31/2013 6:14:16 PM
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:14:16 -0700 (PDT), Krystian <softb@softb.pl>
wrote:

Hello Krystian,

>Thank you for answer;
>I reindex and rebuild that ... several times per hour and it does not help.

The following 2 links should help you:

This explains what VO_DEBUG_MODUL is: "The VO_DEBUG_MODULE is the
moduoe where Robert store's debug info when
running the debugger."

http://comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.free-usenet.eu/Clipboard-Debugging_T32439761_S1

This looks much like your problem. I am not sure if your solution is
Richard's (Completely rebuilding the repo from, scratch)  or Szo"ke
G�bor's (reinstalling a SP) but hopefully it helps you out:

http://comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.free-usenet.eu/problem-with-the-debug-of-Ca-Vo-2.8-sp2_T32376836_S1

Dick
Il 31/07/2013 17:52, Krystian ha scritto:

> Is it possible, to mix in one app two systems of indexes : cdx for new dbf's and ntx in old, working for many years ?
> I asked, because I had many unexpected exits and I return back to ntx.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Krystian

yes, I did this, years ago, during the transition from ntx to cdx.
this was my path:
1. only dbserver object, no USE, no old style clipper on DBF
2. always pass the driver parameter to dbserver
3. be carefull in re-creating structure and indexes changing from DBFNTX
to DBFCDX

HTH

*Massimo Bighelli* ARCA Sistemi S.r.l.
0
Massimo
7/31/2013 10:52:18 PM
W dniu =C5=9Broda, 31 lipca 2013 21:24:19 UTC+2 u=C5=BCytkownik D. J. W. va=
n Kooten napisa=C5=82:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:14:16 -0700 (PDT), Krystian <softb@softb.pl>
>=20
> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hello Krystian,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >Thank you for answer;
>=20
> >I reindex and rebuild that ... several times per hour and it does not he=
lp.
>=20
> >
>=20
> The following 2 links should help you:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> This explains what VO_DEBUG_MODUL is: "The VO_DEBUG_MODULE is the
>=20
> moduoe where Robert store's debug info when
>=20
> running the debugger."
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.free-usenet.eu/Clipboard-Debuggin=
g_T32439761_S1
>=20
>=20
>=20
> This looks much like your problem. I am not sure if your solution is
>=20
> Richard's (Completely rebuilding the repo from, scratch)  or Szo"ke
>=20
> G=C3=A1bor's (reinstalling a SP) but hopefully it helps you out:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects.free-usenet.eu/problem-with-the-d=
ebug-of-Ca-Vo-2.8-sp2_T32376836_S1
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Dick

Hi Dick,=20

Thank you for the advice.
I reinstalled win xp twice and also cavo 2.8 sp2 - but i try to delete dll'=
s and reinstall once again.

I do not understand the problem with debug module. I suppose, that problem =
may be connected with the old dell inspirion 1501 and only 1GB memory.

With reagrds
Krystian
0
Krystian
7/31/2013 10:53:13 PM
W dniu czwartek, 1 sierpnia 2013 00:52:18 UTC+2 u=C5=BCytkownik Massimo Big=
helli napisa=C5=82:
> Il 31/07/2013 17:52, Krystian ha scritto:
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Is it possible, to mix in one app two systems of indexes : cdx for new =
dbf's and ntx in old, working for many years ?
>=20
> > I asked, because I had many unexpected exits and I return back to ntx.
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Thanks in advance
>=20
> > Krystian
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> yes, I did this, years ago, during the transition from ntx to cdx.
>=20
> this was my path:
>=20
> 1. only dbserver object, no USE, no old style clipper on DBF
>=20
> 2. always pass the driver parameter to dbserver
>=20
> 3. be carefull in re-creating structure and indexes changing from DBFNTX=
=20
>=20
> to DBFCDX
>=20
>=20
>=20
> HTH
>=20
>=20
>=20
> *Massimo Bighelli* ARCA Sistemi S.r.l.

Hi Massimo,

Thank you for your time and answer.
I did the same way.
I had the default dbfntx rdd set and open dbf's with explicitly given cdx d=
river. But what do you do, if you want to open a file in a natural order ?
If there is an index file, it is always opened, and then I closed it. In su=
ch situation sometimes I opened the file only for read with the ntx driver =
- but is it correct ? I received really strange errors and I stopped to mix=
 rdds.

Thanks
Have a good day
Krystian
Do you know the
0
Krystian
8/1/2013 10:29:08 AM
Il 01/08/2013 12:29, Krystian ha scritto:

> Hi Massimo,
>
> Thank you for your time and answer.
> I did the same way.
> I had the default dbfntx rdd set and open dbf's with explicitly given
> cdx driver. But what do you do, if you want to open a file in a natural order ?

I do not know if it makes a difference, but my driver was CDX default,
and in any case, I spent explicitly the driver opening the server, always.
never had the need for a natural order .. if I have indexes, I use them
and keep them up to date.

> If there is an index file, it is always opened, and then I closed it.
 > In such situation sometimes I opened the file only for read with the
 > ntx driver - but is it correct ? I received really strange errors
 > and I stopped to mix rdds.

if you open a DBF in RW mode without open indexes, surely you will gain
problems.
with the CDX file there is an option to avoid the automatically opened
index with the same name

 > I received really strange errors and I stopped to mix rdds.

I was successful in the enterprise, but it only lasted for a couple of
months, then they were all in CDX.
what kind of errors? corruptions?

regards

*Massimo Bighelli* ARCA Sistemi S.r.l.
0
Massimo
8/1/2013 6:43:52 PM
Dear Krystian:

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:29:08 AM UTC-7, Krystian wrote:
> But what do you do, if you want to open a file
> in a natural order ?

If it has indexes, NEVER open it in natural order, unless you are absolutel=
y sure you are making no changes to the data in any fields, or deleting any=
 records.  SET ORDER TO 0, assures that you walk the file from start to fin=
ish, with minimal index overhead.
=20
> If there is an index file, it is always opened,
> and then I closed it. In such situation sometimes
> I opened the file only for read with the ntx
> driver - but is it correct ?

"Correct" is meaningless.  Doing what you have done can be dangerous.

> I received really strange errors and I stopped
> to mix rdds.

You might try it both ways, the dangerous way, and SET ORDER TO 0, and see =
if you are saving that much time.  Enough that you can waste debugging time=
 looking for strange errors, and the hit your customers feel when your code=
 stops working.

David A. Smith
0
dlzc
8/1/2013 6:55:42 PM
W dniu czwartek, 1 sierpnia 2013 20:55:42 UTC+2 u=C5=BCytkownik dlzc napisa=
=C5=82:
> Dear Krystian:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:29:08 AM UTC-7, Krystian wrote:
>=20
>=20
> > But what do you do, if you want to open a file
>=20
> > in a natural order ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> If it has indexes, NEVER open it in natural order, unless you are absolut=
ely sure you are making no changes to the data in any fields, or deleting a=
ny records.  SET ORDER TO 0, assures that you walk the file from start to f=
inish, with minimal index overhead.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> > If there is an index file, it is always opened,
>=20
> > and then I closed it. In such situation sometimes
>=20
> > I opened the file only for read with the ntx
>=20
> > driver - but is it correct ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Correct" is meaningless.  Doing what you have done can be dangerous.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> > I received really strange errors and I stopped
>=20
> > to mix rdds.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> You might try it both ways, the dangerous way, and SET ORDER TO 0, and se=
e if you are saving that much time.  Enough that you can waste debugging ti=
me looking for strange errors, and the hit your customers feel when your co=
de stops working.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> David A. Smith

Hallo David,

Thank you for answer;
Sometimes when I configure the program for the user I set some data on seve=
ral first records of database to which user may add their own information/r=
ecords; the program "knows" that on 1, 2 or 3 record there is proper data.
I only use methods of dbserver class - and not mix with old clipper instruc=
tions.
I try to return back to cdx, maybe the apps will work faster in a network e=
nvironment.

With regards
Have a good day and the whole weekend
Krystian
0
Krystian

debugger problem and other problem
Hi all! I gave it another try to upgarde from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 from CVS (Rev. 6469). My system: Linux Debian Lenny, kernel 2.6.24. Problems: 1. the classical debugger doesn't show the code. First I thought it could be a color problem, but it isn't. Changing the color doesn't help. You can find a screenshot at http://www.apw-wiegand.de/apwlin/debugger.png. As you can see the debugger finds the code file and shows the line number where it actually is, but doesn't show the code. In 1.0.1 the debugger was functioning. 2. I read several times in the newsgroup that others have the...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can wri...

How do I import Clipper PRGs into Visual Objects?
Import in VO appears to want MEF files to import into the app. I have a Clipper app that I need to import into VO (and then into Vulcan.) File / Import in VO asks for MEFs. Do I need to someohow convert the Clipper PRGs to MEFs? Any help appreciated. The cavo docs don't seem to mention any of this. Hi Bob, The "bad" news first: There is no direct way to import Clipper Code to VO. Clipper is a procedural character-based program language and VO is a event driven graphical Windows development system. This are two almost completely different worlds. The somewhat be...

visual objects network performance problem
I have a network performance problem with a visual objects application. I am hoping there is somebody who can explain what is happening so that I can solve the problem. On a terminal where the application and the data are pulled from the server it takes 3-4 secs to read and report on 8500 records of a dbf server (cdx). To do the same on the server takes about the same time. So there is little overhead imposed by the network. If the user on the server has the same server open then the same operation on the terminal as above now takes 27 secs. If the user on the server closes ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Clipper... Clipper... Clipper
I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Congrats! "CCH" <cch@karensoft.com.my> wrote in message news:cf6fd8de-9e6a-468b-8dfe-b0b65e31f717@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at > http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Hi Ron Thanx ! I am pretty surprised that there still active Clipperheads throughout the world as evidenced by the fact that Clipper... Clipper... Clipper now has visitors from over 46 countries in Europe, North America, Central Ame...

is there How-tomigrate clipper dos prgs to visual objects ?
Is there How-tomigrate clipper dos prgs to visual objects ? I'm beginner of clipper and visual objects, but I have a clipper program for non-commercial community. I want to migrate this clipper dos program to windows. Is there any documents or how-tos for this migration? I'm looking forward to kind assist. On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:56:59 +0900, "hanpedro" <maestro@kotis.net> wrote: Hello Han (?) >I want to migrate this clipper dos program to windows. First there is the Getting Started guide. Object oriented programming and using Windows wind...

Problem With Restore and Save Command in Visual Object 2.7
Hello everybody, In our Software which was on Vo2.6, we did not face any problem in RESTORE and SAVE Command. But in Vo 2.7 , Restore and Save command are not able to save and restore values of logical data type. If anybody know solution please inform me as soon as possible. Rahul Khandpur Rahul, I do not use this command style coding since the clipperdays so i cannot help you with a solution But if you think you have found a bug, please send a little sample reproducing the bug to bugshunter@cavo.com It will be fixed within the next 30-60 days Erik "Rahul Khandpu...

xPC Target COM objects problem with Visual Basic 2005
Hi everybody, I created the COM objects for xPC to develop a Visual basic GUI interface. I started with Visual Basic 6 and I had no problem. Now I would like to use Visual Basic 2005 but I have a "Access Violation Exeption" when I try to make a TCP/IP connection ( protocol.TcpIpConnect("192.168.0.2", "22222") ) the complete error is: Access Violation Exeption has not been managed Attempted to read or write protected memory. Often this condition suggests that other memory is corrupt. Best regards Andrea ...

Problem with winreg
My goal is to remotely remove the registry keys for McAfee. I don't know how winreg handles an exception if a key doesn't exist, but I setup my script to skip the exception. But it doesn't seem to work right.. I think the script should be self explanitory, please help! Please forgive me, but I'm a python newbie. ## SCRIPT ## import _winreg print "Removing McAfee registry entries" hkey = _winreg.ConnectRegistry(r'\ \000000439140PC',_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) try: _winreg.DeleteKey('SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum \Root','LEGACY_MFEAPFK') excep...

The object you referenced in the Visual Basic procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object.
Hi, I have a macro on Ms Access 2000 with an action: SetValue; Item: [Forms]![Main Menu].[Visible] and Expression:Yes. I have an OpenForm action just before this action, so definitely the form is opened when the SetValue action is called, but I get the following error :"The object you referenced in the Visual Basic procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object." The problem is that I have run this code on several PCs, but no error was ever reported except on 1 PC. So I don't expect the problem to come from the macro. Could it be something about the settings on Access or ab...

Problems when destroy object which is referenced member objects
Hi. Please check this simple test code. --------------------- class TestA: def __init__(self): print "init TestA" def __del__(self): print "del TestA" def SetEvent(self, event): self.event = event class TestB: def __init__(self): print "init TestB" self.testA = TestA() self.testA.SetEvent(self.Test) def __del__(self): print "del TestB" def Test(self): pass testB = TestB() del testB --------------------- I want to run this code that destroy testB and testB's member ...

problem with the timer object (Invalid handle object)
Hello everyone, I try to use the timer object instead of a while loop, because it is necessary in my software. The problem is, after the first iteration, I got the next message error: ??? Error while evaluating TimerFcn for timer 'timer-1' Invalid handle object. And I have not idea why is the problem, any help? Here below, i attach the piece of my code: ****************************************** function proc1 (src, ~) % This function is called when I click a pushbutton (e) in a global panel (mean GUI). % Connect to the server on port 3000 svrsock = m...

Problem inserting object into Bound Object Frame
I am having a frustrating time trying to do a simple insert of a BMP picture into a Bound Object Frame using both VBA and the Insert | Object... dialog. I had a separate post thread going on this and closed it off when I thought I had resolved the problem, but now I am back at square one. So I thought I would start afresh with a new post. Here is the problem... A few months ago, I set up a Bound Object Frame on a form which was tied to an OLE Object field in the table. I was successfully able to insert (embed) pictures into the control and table using the Insert | Object dialog via t...

Problem assigning an Array object to an Array-subclass object
[ I apologize if this is a second post. My earlier one seems to have gotten lost in the ethernet :-) ] notes =<<NOTES I didn't like to_s' output for an Array of strings. Array#to_s simply concatenated them or inserted a comma separator. So I wrote my own. But as the last line indicates, I failed. Apparently, array assignment to myA1 changed the reference from a MyArrayType object to an Array object. Two questions: 1. How can I set myA1 to an array value and preserve it's type? 2. Isn't there a "Ruby way"...

Web resources about - Problems with debugger - comp.clipper.visual-objects

Michael Rogers forced out of Dubai Tour due to heart problem
Three-time world time trial champion took to Twitter to reveal his ongoing battle against a heart problem.

"The Yale Problem"
... nice woman who was trying to help them, and reducing her to tears. As we’ve seen more and more of this, I’ve begun calling it, “the Yale problem,” ...

January 2016: New Year, Old Problems Edition
... Drop in Nissan Leaf, Toyota Prius demand more than offset gains from Tesla, Chevy Volt Continue reading January 2016: New Year, Old Problems ...

3 of the world’s most popular Apple bloggers all say Apple has a serious problem
... above the rest. According the three of the most popular and widely respected Apple bloggers in the world, however, Apple has a serious problem ...

Weekend Reading: Cosma Shalizi (2012): In Soviet Union, Optimization Problem Solves You
In Soviet Union, Optimization Problem Solves You: Attention conservation notice: Over 7800 words about optimal planning for a socialist economy ...

Theranos is hiring a writer who can 'solve problems through the power of excellent storytelling'
... The embattled company recently posted a job listing stating that it was looking for someone who will "innovate and conceptually solve problems ...

Air bag problem: Automakers to recall 5M vehicles
Continental Automotive Systems says moisture can get inside its air bag control computers, causing power supplies to corrode and fail

Cash is king, and that's a big problem
Financial advisor Mitch Goldberg sees a big problem: too much cash, and too few good bets in the stock market.

Continental recalls 5 million vehicles for a different kind of airbag problem
This recall, which is completely separate from Takata's recall, involves a faulty control unit.