read cell content

hi all

i am writing a "workflow" mechanism....

i am displaying the results of the workflow in a bbrowser as follows:
first column - person [say]
the second and subsequent columns represent the items in the list of
workflow
so then i can indicate whether an item has passed or failed ....
	[hence discovery of the yes no bug !]

development is going ok, but i have now reached the stage where i am
handling the situation where the answer in column 3 [say] triggers the
need for the workflow for the next column [no 4] to be processed.

what is the best way to read the calculated content of the cell in the
adjacent column without recalculating it ?

richard
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hi all

being a tad thick in my old age .....

SELF:oDCbrGroups:GetColumn(SELF:oDCbrGroups:CurrentColumn):TextValue

richard
0
richard

cell contents to non-cell array object
Hopefully a trivial question: This part of my program below opens datafile with two columns(and header) serial date and temp. Reads in serial date, converts to string date and hopefully writes out string date and temp value. Getting error that says: "Cell contents assignment to a non-cell array object." Crashes during 2nd time thru for loop on stringd{i} line. Tried {} brackets, (), parentheses...not sure if strings need to be exact same size. Any suggestions? Thanks, Sheryl [fid] = fopen(filename_in,'rt'); [A,B] = textread(filename_in,'%f %f','headerlines',3...

Cell contents assignment to anon-cell array object.
I have two listbox listbox one and listbox 2 the user should choose a value from the listbox 1 and add it to the list box 2 %% get the sellected value from listbox 1 list1_val= get(handles.listbox1,'Value'); list1_str= get(handles.listbox1,'String'); handles.mc1=list1_str{list1_val}; % handles.mw1= material code handles.mw1=str2double(get(handles.MW,'String')); %% put it in the listbox 2 % get the value of the sellected item list2_val= get(handles.listbox2,'V...

Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object.
Hi all A.data{1,1}{1}(1) gives me this ??? Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object. do you know why ? any suggestions In article <ef5b8a1.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, aa <dragonboy.ali@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all >A.data{1,1}{1}(1) >gives me this >??? Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object. >do you know why ? >any suggestions We can deduce that either A.data is not a cell array, or else A.data{1,1} is not a cell array. But as to -why- this is so... Sorry, Magic 8-Ball Is Out of Order. -- There are some ideas so wrong that...

??? Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object.
In the following code I receive the following error relating to my for loop: ??? Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object. What is the problem? Cheers, Saskia %Produce .jgw files %read in data [im_id, ps, e, n]=textread('mosaic.txt', '%n%n%n%n'); %process [x,junk]=size(ps); zero1=zeros(x,junk); zero2=zeros(x,junk); nps=ps*-1; %write for i=1:x M=[ps(i),zero1(i),zero2(i),nps(i),e(i),n(i)]; dlmwrite(['C:\World files\',im_id{i},'.jgw'], M, 'newline', 'precision', 9) end ...

Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object. #2
&#305; have two popup menu in gui first &#305; choese one of them and variable size 150*2 matris then when &#305; callback another for 150*4 matrix it gives this error &#305; cant handle it pls help me what is the reason "ali " <rebelfirst@gmail.com> wrote in message <h6dl0f$3uk$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > &#305; have two popup menu in gui > first &#305; choese one of them and variable size 150*2 matris > then when &#305; callback another for 150*4 matrix it gives this error &#305; cant handle it pls help me what is the reas...

Pb : Cell contents assignment to a non-cell array object
Hello, I have a problem with insering data in a database. I open a database,select a field of the database and try to insert a matrix containing characters. I define this matrix like a cell array. But the result of the insertion is: Cell contents assignment to a non-cell array object Do you have an idea of what is the problem? my program is: db=dbase(bdd,user,password,12) rs=rset(db,'select * from table1 where Name =''Morizet''',1) xc = fields(rs) iris_matrice = {'image001';'image002';'image003';'image004';'image005';'...

Cell contents reference from a non-cell array object...but only in GUIDE...
I'm running GUIDE and am generating a GUI to interact with a simulation. Basically, I'm trying to create a cell array to contain a log of simulation-generated messages. I have initialized the cell array as a global variable so that it can be updated in different functions. Since I don't want to lose previous messages (they're being saved to get written to file later), the array needs to dynamically concatenate itself with the messages that come in. I have a little code snippet that works in the command window, but when I implement it into the rest of my code, I get my favorite ...

How to read the content of an object
I'm using the following code to sort a html table: ... var_table = this.sorttable_tbody; for (rowcounter = 0; rowcounter < row_array.length; rowcounter++) { var_table.appendChild(row_array[rowcounter][1]); } The 'appendChild' method moves each row of my existing html table in a sorted manner to the end of the html table. That really works great an very fast. However, the rows in my html table look like <tr class = "tableentry_odd">... <tr class = "tableentry_even">... I use this so that each second row has...

??? Cell contents assignment to a non-cell array object error when using odes15s
I've been using odes15 to solve variouos differential equation models, but over the past couple of days I seem to be getting this error when I try and run most of my programs, even ones that haven't been altered: ??? Cell contents assignment to a non-cell array object. Error in ==> cellstr at 38 c{i} = s(i,:); Error in ==> cell.ismember at 28 if ischar(a), a = cellstr(a); end Error in ==> funfun\private\odefinalize at 19 fullstats = ismember(solver,{'ode15i','ode15s','ode23s','ode23t','ode23tb'}); Error in ==> ode15s at 986 s...

For a Field or Property object, this property is read/write until the object is appended to a collection or to another object, after which it's read-only
Hi Folk I am working with the TYPE property. I want to change that from 2 (byte) to 4 (long integer) for a field that already contains tons of data. How can I do that? The help reads: For a Field or Property object, this property is read/write until the object is appended to a collection or to another object, after which it's read-only. So how can I un-append fix and re-append? Cheers - Nicolaas "windandwaves" <winandwaves@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:429a9214$1@clear.net.nz... > Hi Folk > > I am working with the TYPE property. I want to ch...

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can wri...

How do I import Clipper PRGs into Visual Objects?
Import in VO appears to want MEF files to import into the app. I have a Clipper app that I need to import into VO (and then into Vulcan.) File / Import in VO asks for MEFs. Do I need to someohow convert the Clipper PRGs to MEFs? Any help appreciated. The cavo docs don't seem to mention any of this. Hi Bob, The "bad" news first: There is no direct way to import Clipper Code to VO. Clipper is a procedural character-based program language and VO is a event driven graphical Windows development system. This are two almost completely different worlds. The somewhat be...

help needed to read the content of cell arrays
All, I have not used Matlab since 1997. Before 1997, there was no such a thing so called "cell array". Now I have difficulty to get the content out of a cell array. Here is example of cell array "tmp". after entering "whos", I got: tmp 1x1 70348 cell array I know, based on its brief document, that the cell array is made up of a name string, task string, trial string, and data array (7 x 2500). If I simply type "tmp <enter>", I got tmp = {1x4 cell} I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how to read...

Web resources about - read cell content - comp.clipper.visual-objects

Portal:Contents/Culture and the arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word culture is derived from the Latin root cultura or cultus meaning to "inhabit, cultivate, or honour". In general, culture refers to human ...

Report: Apple looking to produce its own exclusive TV shows as original content for iTunes
Apple has dipped its toes in original content with projects like the Beats 1 radio station, but there has been a lot of speculation around whether ...

Facebook and Twitter: Users Process Mobile Content Faster
... ten seconds. Our two companies worked together on this piece because the separate research studies we did came to the same conclusions: Content ...

Twitter’s New Timeline Brings Content to Logged-Out Mobile Web Browsers
Twitter wants new and novice users to check out what the site to offer, and has been testing ways to get tweets in front of as many eyeballs ...

WWE Immortals celebrates 1st anniversary with Bret Hart, new content and more
... this challenge and you get to earn some of the rarest and most powerful characters in the game. The update also includes new multiplayer content, ...

Torrent streaming site declares war on ‘righteous content monopolies’ – and it might win
To the dismay of content rights owners, which Popcorn Time calls “righteous content monopolies," the popular streaming service isn't quite ready ...

5 Types of Content Worth Investing in This Year
Simply having a blog strategy in place is no longer enough. If you want to be successful with content marketing, you need to invest in a variety ...

Egyptian Comic Bassem Youssef Signs With UTA And Anonymous Content
... Youssef , the Egyptian comic, satirist, one-time cardiac surgeon and official friend of Jon Stewart, has signed with UTA and Anonymous Content ...

Season Pass, PlayStation exclusive content confirmed for Lego Force Awakens
... you'll gain access to the pass as well as a physical Finn figure. If you're wondering how this game will work since there's such little content ...