Reading .hlp files, like Report Pro help

If you have a problem with the above you might be interested there's a
solutiuon.

I've posted it in xsharp.public.vovulcan.

I recommend reads of this NG to add the xSharp newsgroup. Traffic is
growing there and users get quality replies.

Dick
comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> I've posted it in xsharp.public.vovulcan.
>
> I recommend reads of this NG to add the xSharp newsgroup. Traffic is
> growing there and users get quality replies.

yes, there plays the music now.... Not only for VO support, but also
for a start into the .NET world.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
12/7/2016 8:40:23 AM
D.J.W. van Kooten wrote:

> If you have a problem with the above you might be interested there's a
> solutiuon.
>
> I've posted it in xsharp.public.vovulcan.
>
> I recommend reads of this NG to add the xSharp newsgroup. Traffic is
> growing there and users get quality replies.
>
> Dick

Hi Dick,

I can't find this newsgroup.
How can I access it?

Dirk
0
Dirk
12/7/2016 3:08:24 PM
Hi Dirk,

> > I've posted it in xsharp.public.vovulcan.
> >
> > I recommend reads of this NG to add the xSharp newsgroup. Traffic is
> > growing there and users get quality replies.
>
> I can't find this newsgroup.
> How can I access it?

the details are here:

https://www.xsharp.info/kunena-2015-08-25/index

It is on the private NG server of the X# developers.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
12/7/2016 3:40:01 PM
Replying on message of Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:40:01 +0100 from Wolfgang
Riedmann:

 Hello Wolfgang,

>the details are here:
>
>https://www.xsharp.info/kunena-2015-08-25/index
>
>It is on the private NG server of the X# developers.

I checked back and saw indeed that Robert explained to me that adding
the X# NG was only possible with a user name and a password (which I
got as FOX member).

That makes me wonder why there's a public and a private part of the
NG. I somehow thought that the public was available for everyone (just
like Grafx's)? But if you need a password that can't be the case I'd
say?

I posted this on the public section of the X# NG.

DIck
Dick,
see
https://www.xsharp.info/kunena-2015-08-25/index

in short:
Using the NG interface, use: news.xsharp.info, port 119 (nntp). You
can login with the user name "XSharpUser" and password "X#Rulez!"

For web forum access, register ;-).

Karl

>Replying on message of Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:40:01 +0100 from Wolfgang
>Riedmann:
>

> Hello Wolfgang,
>
>>the details are here:
>>
>>https://www.xsharp.info/kunena-2015-08-25/index
>>
>>It is on the private NG server of the X# developers.
>>
>I checked back and saw indeed that Robert explained to me that adding
>the X# NG was only possible with a user name and a password (which I
>got as FOX member).
>
>That makes me wonder why there's a public and a private part of the
>NG. I somehow thought that the public was available for everyone (just
>like Grafx's)? But if you need a password that can't be the case I'd
>say?
>
>I posted this on the public section of the X# NG.
>
>DIck
Regards

Karl
0
Karl
12/7/2016 10:36:15 PM
Dick,

We have thought about a completely open news server but decided to require a username/password, which is shared on our website.

By adding this simple level oif protection we hope to prevent spam bots from flooding our newsgroups with junk

The german VO and Vulcan usegroups have worked like this for years and still do (on Wolfgangs server)

Robert

> Replying on message of Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:40:01 +0100 from Wolfgang
> Riedmann:
>

>  Hello Wolfgang,
>
> >the details are here:
> >
> >https://www.xsharp.info/kunena-2015-08-25/index
> >
> >It is on the private NG server of the X# developers.
> >
> I checked back and saw indeed that Robert explained to me that adding
> the X# NG was only possible with a user name and a password (which I
> got as FOX member).
>
> That makes me wonder why there's a public and a private part of the
> NG. I somehow thought that the public was available for everyone (just
> like Grafx's)? But if you need a password that can't be the case I'd
> say?
>
> I posted this on the public section of the X# NG.
>
> DIck

0
Robert
12/8/2016 8:22:50 AM
Replying on message of Thu, 8 Dec 2016 00:22:50 -0800 (PST) from
Robert van der Hulst:

 Hello Robert, Karl,

>We have thought about a completely open news server but decided to require a username/password, which is shared on our website.
>
>By adding this simple level oif protection we hope to prevent spam bots from flooding our newsgroups with junk
>
>The german VO and Vulcan usegroups have worked like this for years and still do (on Wolfgangs server)

Fully agreed!

I encourage everyone to subscribe to the X# newsserver. So far I
posted more general VO questions here and non VO questions, some so
called Pearls (I can never remotely beat Phil with all his posts) and
chit-chat on the Grafx server. As Vulcan has come to a near standstill
(Willie is working on VS 2017 suppor for the last remaining paying
customers)  and the NG's get an average of one subject in the month it
make sense to move to the X# NG and server.

There's a forum on the X# website https://www.xsharp.info/ too. This
offers more options to upload or format text but it is planned to
synchronize NG and forum in some way.

So once again, everyone in the VO community visiting this NG: add X#
to your newsreader and post remarks and questions there. X# is
currently the best future for the whole XBase community. Even if you
do not purchase a FOX program (now 30%, see the link on the website or
https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/cart.html?PRODUCT[300696847]=1&cartcoupon=1&COUPON1=VS2017)
I don't get commission <g> but I think it's important to at least move
our NG traffic there and keep the XBase future alive.

I will post everything in the public are's of that NG except questions
concerning Fox versions only.

Dick