Testers needed

I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps with
C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need somebody
to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need to know VO
and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS 2008 or C#
Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC presentations.

If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper for
your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.

Thanks,

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

comp.clipper.visual-objects 12618 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I would be a good tester, since I'm totally green on the subject!

James
"Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> wrote in message
>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
>to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
>2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>presentations.
>
> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper for
> your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Ginny Caughey
> www.wasteworks.com

0
James
11/23/2009 10:32:11 PM
Thanks, James. See your email.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

"James Martin" <james@wecover.net> wrote in message
> I would be a good tester, since I'm totally green on the subject!
>
> James
> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> wrote in message
>>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
>>to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
>>2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>>presentations.
>>
>> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
>> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper
>> for your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com

0
Ginny
11/23/2009 11:33:44 PM
Hi Ginny,
I would be also quite a green tester :-)

Arne Ortlinghaus

"Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
>to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
>2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>presentations.
>
> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper for
> your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Ginny Caughey
> www.wasteworks.com

0
Arne
11/24/2009 4:04:10 PM
Ginny,

I would be happy to help if you wish. C# is something I have wanted to
get in to but just haven't done so yet. If you think I would be suitable
you could send the info to Kevindmurphy at eircom dot net, making the
obvious adjustments.

Thanks.

Kevin

"Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> wrote in message

> I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps with
> C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need somebody
> to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need to know VO
> and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS 2008 or C#
> Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC presentations.
>
> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper for
> your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Ginny Caughey
> www.wasteworks.com

0
Kevin
11/24/2009 5:30:13 PM
Green is good! See your email.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

"Arne Ortlinghaus" <Arne.Ortlinghaus@acs.it> wrote in message
> Hi Ginny,
> I would be also quite a green tester :-)
>
> Arne Ortlinghaus
>
> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:007434ce$0$8176$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
>>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
>>to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
>>2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>>presentations.
>>
>> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
>> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper
>> for your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com

0
Ginny
11/24/2009 7:18:09 PM
Thanks, Kevin. See your email.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

"Kevin" <kdmurphy@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Ginny,
>
> I would be happy to help if you wish. C# is something I have wanted to get
> in to but just haven't done so yet. If you think I would be suitable you
> could send the info to Kevindmurphy at eircom dot net, making the obvious
> adjustments.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kevin
>
> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>> with
>> C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>> somebody
>> to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need to know
>> VO
>> and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS 2008 or C#
>> Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC presentations.
>>
>> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
>> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper
>> for
>> your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com

0
Ginny
11/24/2009 7:19:33 PM
Hey Ginny,

I think this is something for Bulent to investigate since he is doing VO and
C# simultaniously nowadays.
I'll ask him  ( or demand him ;-) ) to test for you!

You got my email adres I guess..

--
Grtz, Marc

"Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schreef in bericht
>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
>to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
>2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>presentations.
>
> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper for
> your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Ginny Caughey
> www.wasteworks.com

0
Marc
11/24/2009 8:12:18 PM
Ginny,

Did you receive my email?
0
Harry
11/24/2009 9:26:20 PM
Check your email. Thanks!

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

"Marc Verkade [Marti IT]" <marcatM@rtidotnl> wrote in message
> Hey Ginny,
>
> I think this is something for Bulent to investigate since he is doing VO
> and C# simultaniously nowadays.
> I'll ask him  ( or demand him ;-) ) to test for you!
>
> You got my email adres I guess..
>
> --
> Grtz, Marc
>

> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schreef in bericht
>>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
>>to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
>>2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>>presentations.
>>
>> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
>> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper
>> for your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com

0
Ginny
11/24/2009 10:08:55 PM
Hi Ginny,

I've sent you an email on the 17th but did not get a reply. May be I wrote
the wrong email address.
Could you please email any info to vodotnet  at  gmail.com.

Jamal

"Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> wrote in message
> I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
> with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
> somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You need
> to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either VS
> 2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
> presentations.
>
> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper for
> your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Ginny Caughey
> www.wasteworks.com

0
Jamal
11/25/2009 2:52:22 AM
I never got the email, Jamal. Please check your email.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

"Jamal" <vodotnet_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ginny,
>
> I've sent you an email on the 17th but did not get a reply. May be I wrote
> the wrong email address.
> Could you please email any info to vodotnet  at  gmail.com.
>
> Jamal
>
> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> wrote in message
>> I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>> with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>> somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You
>> need to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either
>> VS 2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>> presentations.
>>
>> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online bit
>> from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the paper
>> for your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a copy.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com

0
Ginny
11/25/2009 11:50:32 AM
Hey Ginny,
I did not get your email.

marc at marti dott nl

--

> Check your email. Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Ginny Caughey
> www.wasteworks.com
>

> "Marc Verkade [Marti IT]" <marcatM@rtidotnl> wrote in message
>> Hey Ginny,
>>
>> I think this is something for Bulent to investigate since he is doing VO
>> and C# simultaniously nowadays.
>> I'll ask him  ( or demand him ;-) ) to test for you!
>>
>> You got my email adres I guess..
>>
>> --
>> Grtz, Marc
>>

>> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schreef in bericht
>>>I have put together a paper describing how to extend production VO apps
>>>with C# code which I intend to make public, but before I do that I need
>>>somebody to read it and see if the descriptions are clear enough. You
>>>need to know VO and be familiar with C#, and you also need to have either
>>>VS 2008 or C# Express 2008 to test the samples, which come from my VODC
>>>presentations.
>>>
>>> If anybody is willing to do this, please email me. (Remove the online
>>> bit from my email address.) Also if anybody would like a copy of the
>>> paper for your website, please email me and I'll be happy to send a
>>> copy.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Ginny Caughey
>>> www.wasteworks.com

0
Marc
11/25/2009 1:16:16 PM
Sorry about that, Marc. I hope you get this one.

--

> Hey Ginny,
> I did not get your email.
>
> marc at marti dott nl
>
> --
> Grtz, Marc
>

> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schreef in bericht
>> Check your email. Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com
>>

>> "Marc Verkade [Marti IT]" <marcatM@rtidotnl> wrote in message
>>> Hey Ginny,
>>>
>>> I think this is something for Bulent to investigate since he is doing VO
>>> and C# simultaniously nowadays.
>>> I'll ask him  ( or demand him ;-) ) to test for you!
>>>
>>> You got my email adres I guess..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Grtz, Marc
>>>

>>> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online@wasteworks.com> schreef in bericht

0
Ginny

Visual Objects compared to Visual Basic and Visual C.
Who can explain me why I have to use VO instead of VB or VC? OR is is there no difference? With kind regards Rob van der Ploeg Rob, Every language has his (dis)advantages. The ones you mention are all wrappers around the Win32 API. VO is a very nice and easy language compared to VC. Data-access is famous with VO, but also memorymanagement, the cargage collector, ragged array's. and the result is fast and reliable code. You do not have to declare every variable if you do not want to. (but you will) Comparing to VB is VO a real OOP langangue where VB is not. You can wri...

How do I import Clipper PRGs into Visual Objects?
Import in VO appears to want MEF files to import into the app. I have a Clipper app that I need to import into VO (and then into Vulcan.) File / Import in VO asks for MEFs. Do I need to someohow convert the Clipper PRGs to MEFs? Any help appreciated. The cavo docs don't seem to mention any of this. Hi Bob, The "bad" news first: There is no direct way to import Clipper Code to VO. Clipper is a procedural character-based program language and VO is a event driven graphical Windows development system. This are two almost completely different worlds. The somewhat be...

Clipper... Clipper... Clipper
I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Congrats! "CCH" <cch@karensoft.com.my> wrote in message news:cf6fd8de-9e6a-468b-8dfe-b0b65e31f717@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at > http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. Hi Ron Thanx ! I am pretty surprised that there still active Clipperheads throughout the world as evidenced by the fact that Clipper... Clipper... Clipper now has visitors from over 46 countries in Europe, North America, Central Ame...

Tester Tester Tester
Tester Tester Tester ...

is there How-tomigrate clipper dos prgs to visual objects ?
Is there How-tomigrate clipper dos prgs to visual objects ? I'm beginner of clipper and visual objects, but I have a clipper program for non-commercial community. I want to migrate this clipper dos program to windows. Is there any documents or how-tos for this migration? I'm looking forward to kind assist. On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:56:59 +0900, "hanpedro" <maestro@kotis.net> wrote: Hello Han (?) >I want to migrate this clipper dos program to windows. First there is the Getting Started guide. Object oriented programming and using Windows wind...

Visual Objects Developer Needed! Remote work possible.
Greetings- I'm looking for a Visual Objects developer for contract work for a client of mine in Chicago. Remote work is possible. Please email me if you're interested in more details. Jeremy Thibault COMSYS jthibault at comsys dot com ...

Need help with exposure of object in MFC visual c++
I am trying to write a simple dialog form and use the appwizard that comes with MS V C++ 6.0. Under "Resource View" tab I have layed out my form as I would like it to look. I want to be able on the click of a radio button to enable or disable the Edit region I have created. I do not understand how to expose that object so that other classes can have access to it. So i have two classes called CDSXGUIApp AND CDSXGUIDlg. When I go to create a function for the action of lick on the radio button it puts the function in CDSXGUIApp. If I define a Edit Region called IDC_EDIT_FNAME ...

TS5842: Urgent need Visual C++ Programmer with Sybase and Business Objects
TS5842: Urgent need Visual C++ Programmer with Sybase and Business Objects Job Title:Visual C++ Programmer with Sybase and Business Objects Location :Rochester, MN Duration :1 year Job Description:- Analyst/Programmer position will assist in the ongoing support and development of enhancements of applications for the Transplant Center Required / Desired Skills:- 3 Years of experience in Visual C++ 2 Years of experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design 2 Years of experience in Sybase (or equivalent) 1 Years of experience in SQL Nice to have:- 1 Years of experience in ...

TS5842: Urgent need Visual C++ Programmer with Sybase and Business Objects
TS5842: Urgent need Visual C++ Programmer with Sybase and Business Objects Job Title:Visual C++ Programmer with Sybase and Business Objects Location :Rochester, MN Duration :1 year Job Description:- Analyst/Programmer position will assist in the ongoing support and development of enhancements of applications for the Transplant Center Required / Desired Skills:- 3 Years of experience in Visual C++ 2 Years of experience in Object Oriented Analysis & Design 2 Years of experience in Sybase (or equivalent) 1 Years of experience in SQL Nice to have:- 1 Years of experience in ...

Object creation - Do we really need to create a parent for a derieved object
OK! I had this nagging doubt Consider (without worrying abt access specifiers) class Kid : public Parent{...}; Parent::someFunc() { Kid k; } ISSUE- this new Kid , while constructing it, can't I make the parent of this new kid point to the already existing parent. DO we REALLY NEED to create a Parent each time a Kid object is created. Thanks a lot! JON * jon wayne: > OK! > I had this nagging doubt > > Consider (without worrying abt access specifiers) > class Kid : public Pare...

The object you referenced in the Visual Basic procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object.
Hi, I have a macro on Ms Access 2000 with an action: SetValue; Item: [Forms]![Main Menu].[Visible] and Expression:Yes. I have an OpenForm action just before this action, so definitely the form is opened when the SetValue action is called, but I get the following error :"The object you referenced in the Visual Basic procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE object." The problem is that I have run this code on several PCs, but no error was ever reported except on 1 PC. So I don't expect the problem to come from the macro. Could it be something about the settings on Access or ab...

Job Code : TSO6867 - Urgent Need for .NET Developer with Business objects Reporting tool at Rochester, MNJob Code : TSO6867
Job Code : TSO6867 - Urgent Need for .NET Developer with Business objects Reporting tool at Rochester, MN Job Title: .Net Developer Location: Rochester, MN Duration: 12 months No. of open positions: 01 Pay range: open Job Description:- The contractor will work with the MIRIS team to support the development of the COI and Participant Tracking modules (.8 FTE) and Medical Industry Relations (.2 FTE). Short Description:- The contractor will primarily be responsible for configuration and development of enhancements and bug fixes in the COI and Participant Tracking modul...

How to use mysqli object in object, need advise
Hi, I try to use mysqli object instead of standard mysql functions. Is it ok to create mysqli object within my class or schould I pass mysqli object to my object. The problem is, with code below I must call mysqli->connect() each time I call class methods. How do I create an connection for hole object, so methods can do queries without connect each time? Best Regards, Michael <? $a = new MyClass(); //here other stuf with connections to other databases $a->connectToDB($mydb); $a->methode1(); //and so on... ?> class MyClass{ var one = ''; var mysqli = '...

How to design an object to get references to other needed objects?
My question concerns some kind of an idiom that is very common in code I've worked with. Maybe I misuse the word idiom here, I'm not sure. In code I have seen 3 different designs for such cases. It is quite a simple problem, but yet, I was never fully content with any of these 3. I tried to think of a way to do it somewhat better. Differences between these 4 designs (4 together with mine), affect the API of the module being designed (therefore affect the user's code). Also they affect the performance and the memory usage. Maybe not by much, but sometimes I need to cover cases that ...

Revival of Clipper...Clipper...Clipper
Hi I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. CCH Hello Chee !!!!! What a surprise I can read you here just now! Hope everything are going well. -- Andi On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:50:50 -0800 (PST), ChongHwa.Chee@gmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I have just found some time to revive Clipper...Clipper...Clipper at >http://cch4clipper.blogspot.com. > >CCH On Jan 26, 5:48=A0pm, Andi Jahja <xharbour_thisisnotnee...@telkom.net.id> wrote: > Hello Chee !!!!! > > What a surprise I can read you here just now! > ...

Web resources about - Testers needed - comp.clipper.visual-objects

The Tester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... thousands of applicants, competing in a variety of challenges to win a job at Sony Computer Entertainment in quality assurance as a game tester ...

Facebook Messenger For Android Beta Testers Launches
... beta-testing treatment, as the social network announced in a post on its engineering blog that the Facebook Messenger for Android Beta Testers ...

Thinking Tester
As Keith explains (slide #7) white's illusion - we can see how our brains and eyes perceive color in the context of surrounding's color and relative ...

Facebook Rolls Back Questions Access from Many Testers
Over the last few days, Facebook has turned off its new Facebook Questions product for a significant portion of those who’ve had access since ...

Jason Tester (@guerillafutures) on Twitter

Love Tester! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Love Tester! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Steampunk Nixie Tester - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
While creating Nixie clocks, I destroyed several 74141 ICs along the way. I missed having some sort of testing equipment for the chips and the ...

Jon Tester: Montana Beef - Montana Proud - YouTube
Jon Tester's not your average Senator. He's so proud of his Montana roots and his farm outside of Big Sandy that he packs his own Montana beef ...

One-stop drug and alcohol breath tester
A Cleveland breathalyser company is preparing to trial a world-first all-in-one alcohol and drug testing device.

Drug testers knock on Jared Tallent's door after Russian cheats rob him of gold moment
Angry race-walking champion Jared Tallent slammed the IAAF for its role in covering up drug cheats and will use the pain of being &quot;robbed&quot; ...