designated initializers

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,

I read that in C99, you can use designated initializers:

--------8<-----------------------------
typedef struct{
    int a,b;
}my_struct;

my_struct My_Struct={.a=10,.b=20};
-------->8-----------------------------

Thus lcc is C99 conform, I get a "compiler trap" trying to use this.

Regards,
Andreas

0
Reply Andi 7/10/2003 5:35:06 AM

See related articles to this posting

"Andi.Martin" <Andi.Martin@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I read that in C99, you can use designated initializers:
>
> --------8<-----------------------------
> typedef struct{
>     int a,b;
> }my_struct;
>
> my_struct My_Struct={.a=10,.b=20};
> -------->8-----------------------------
>
> Thus lcc is C99 conform, I get a "compiler trap" trying to use this.

LCC_Win32 is not completely C99 conforming, yet. I'm sure Jacob is working
on C99 conformance though.

John

0
Reply John 7/10/2003 6:04:38 AM
comp.compilers.lcc 1253 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

initialization of signals in design
Hi, I'm currently working on a core to a Microblaze system. It is a bridge between the native OPB bus and a ISA bus interface. Since the ISA bus is working with a clock frequency around 8 MHz I've divided the OPB clock (66 MHz) with 8 to obtain the bus clock signal. It works fine during simulation, but when I try to use the clock signal as a trigger to ChipScope (logic analyser) when everything is synthesized and downloaded to the FPGA, the clock seem to be dead. My guess is that it has to do with the initialization of the different signals and counters utilized by the design. How do I...

A problem with designated initializers
As a const data tables freak, I find it distressing that const int foo[10] = { [5] = 8, [5] = 9, }; compiles by IAR (EWARM 4.40a) without any warnings. (Nor does PC-Lint 8.00u see anything wrong.) The actual content at an index happens to be the last initializer for it. Is this indeed legal? If so, what's the rationale behind it? Thanks, - Ark Ark wrote: > As a const data tables freak, I find it distressing that > const int foo[10] = { > [5] = 8, > [5] = 9, > }; > compiles by IAR (EWARM 4.40a) without any warnings. (Nor does PC-Lint > 8.00u see anything w...

Initialization of designated subaggregates
Given struct foo { int z; }; struct bar { struct foo a; }; it is clear that struct foo a = 2; is not permitted - we do not implicitly enter struct foo to initialize z. However, what is the status of the following? struct bar t = { .a = 2 }; Is this invalid, or does it implicitly enter struct foo and initialize z, in the same way that struct bar t = { 2 }; does? Neil wrote: > Given > > struct foo { int z; }; > struct bar { struct foo a; }; > > it is clear that > > struct foo a = 2; > > is not permitted - we do not implic...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes.for more information www.acedezines.com On 3/11/2011 3:26 AM, a SPAMMER wrote: > SPAM services, SPAM Conversion Services, Offshore SPAMMING > SPAM design& SPAM Expert WE ARE SPAMMERS provides best SPAM for your > SPAM design, SPAM optimization, SPAM design services, > SPAM design, SPAM intro animatio...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
joomla cms templates, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, , ecommerce web design, affordable web design, content management system, website design, hire a website designer, flash web page design, web design agency, professional web design company, flash website design, web design company, website maintenance, top web design companies, creative web design, content development, Logo Designing ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
joomla cms templates, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, , ecommerce web design, affordable web design, content management system, website design, hire a website designer, flash web page design, web design agency, professional web design company, flash website design, web design company, website maintenance, top web design companies, creative web design, content development, Logo Designing ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com ...

[...]

Website Designing Services =96 acedezines - specialize in all types of website designing and take up projects of all sizes. Our website designs range from basic static websites, flash website design, web design agency, ecommerce web design india, professional web design company ...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com Professional web designers of kaos Hong Kong creates enticing web site that= is simple to use and poses a positive impact on clients as they style keep= ing in mind the necessities of customer. They give access to manage and update sites often with user frie...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. Dear numan123, Thanks for registering at Cosmoquest Forum! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay. numan123 -- ...

RPG designs and designers
I'm not really sure where I'm going with this post... I'm making it because I am trying to replay Wizard's & Warriors, a game which I didn't comment much on when it was new. Why now? Because it's a better game compared to today's games then it was 5 years ago. First off, let me say I don't much like the game. For every good thing, of which there are many, there is a bad thing which counterpoints it. That's what prompted me to want to talk about design. DW Bradley was a golden child of RPG design, yet his last product was THIS. What was so good about hi...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design #2
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. for more details http://www.acedezines.com ...

C99 designated initializers in C++
What is the status of C99 "designated initializers" in C++ ? {Not supported by the Standard Language. -mod/fwg} ___________________________________________________ Check-out GO.com GO get your free GO E-Mail account with expanded storage of 6 MB! http://mail.go.com [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] Retlak Yezdegird <retlak@go.com> wrote in message news:<4085383.1096038235727.JavaMail.retlak@gomailjtp03>... > What is the status of C99 "designat...

designing a design plan
This is my first mail to this group. I am a Masters student. I am currently working on a community project for our City. For the city we are supposed to bring up a design plan for e-democracy. Could any one tell me how to design a design plan for e-democracy for the city. We were able to gather points for predispositions,research,insights. But till now we are not able to come forward with a good concept. Could anyone help me in the design process. Also could anyone differenciate E-government and E-democracy. Is there any papers or website related to this. Please do forward me the l...

Design Design Software
Hi all. I had a nostalgic moment and rummaged about in my archives. Doubt they're of much interest to anyone else, but what source files still exist for the early Design Design games can be found here, including some bits (incomplete) of Tank Busters for the CPC64 etc. http://www.desdes.com/products/oldfiles/index.htm Be warned, they're not pretty. I suspect that there might be some more Amstrad source files that I haven't recovered yet, but gawd knows when/if I'll ever get round to it. Have fun, we had fun writing them... Simon Brattel "Program...

Web design services | website designing | hire a website designer | creative web design #2
web design services, XHTML Conversion Services, Offshore outsourcing web design & SEO Expert Acedezines provides best services for your website design, search engine optimization, web design services, brochure design, flash intro animation, website designing, wordpress themes. ...

free website design software , flash website design , web site designers , to use website design software , nof 7.0 , easy web design , website designing software , website design software tem
free website design software , flash website design , web site designers , to use website design software , nof 7.0 , easy web design , website designing software , website design software templates , web design software , homepage design software , WEBSITE DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN DESIGN SOFTWARE +++ WEBSEITEN ERSTELLEN + + + + + http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ http://WWW.NETOBJECTSFUSION.NL/ + + + + + kostenlose webseiten nof styles nof europe website design ...

Freelance Web designing in Hyderabad | Web Designer in Hyderabad | Freelance Web Designing Services | Website Designing Services
webslavery Services Provides the Freelancing web design service at low-cost with the aim of each company, business, person get their own website and expand their business Our Services: Freelance Web designing in Hyderabad Website designing,Website re-designing,Logo designing,ID card designing,Broucher designing,Template designing,User interface designing Our Portfolio: Please Visit Website We also provide Online Web designing training with live projects interest people For more Details Contact : E-mail: webslavery123@gmail.com Contact No: India:+91 8897931177,+91 903...

Initialize variant control in design mode
How do I initialize a variant control in design mode. I need to do this to test the VI without actually connecting to the system. This VI stores readings (floats, dates, ints, strings, etc) into the database. You can't enter stuff directly into the control, so you have to use an indirect method. One way is to have an indicator already populated with the data, change it to a control, right-click on the control and select Data Operations -&gt; Make Current Value Default. How do I populate the indicator with data? Use the To Variant function (in the Cluster &amp; Variant palette) ...