64 bit Fortran compiler test suite .... or how to develop 64 bit compiler test suite?

hello Everybody
        Hi,

I have just ported My Fortran 90 Compiler on IBM AIX-5.3.0.0. Now teh
compiler is able to generate 64 bit binaries.  And i have also
enhanced my FORTRAN compiler to support integer up to 8
bytes(INTEGER*8 or INTEGER(KIND=8).

But I don't have test cases how to do proper testing.
Actually i am confused about what the meaning of testing 64 bit compiler????
I did not get any free test suit for tesing 64 bit compiler......
I am having FCVS. But it does not cover 64 bit test suite.
Can any one tell me from where i acn get 64 bit FORTRAN compiler Test suit?????
Or what should be approach to test a 64 bit FORTRAN compiler??

--
Sameer Sinha
Member Technical Staff

On Jun 3, 11:27 am, "sameer sinha" <sinha.sam0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just ported My Fortran 90 Compiler on IBM AIX-5.3.0.0. Now teh
> compiler is able to generate 64 bit binaries.  And i have also
> enhanced my FORTRAN compiler to support integer up to 8
> bytes(INTEGER*8 or INTEGER(KIND=8).
>
> But I don't have test cases how to do proper testing.
> Actually i am confused about what the meaning of testing 64 bit compiler????

(I believe) it refers to the data model of the binary generated by
your compiler.
refer:-

http://www.unix.org/whitepapers/64bit.html

> I did not get any free test suit for tesing 64 bit compiler......
> I am having FCVS. But it does not cover 64 bit test suite.
> Can any one tell me from where i acn get 64 bit FORTRAN compiler Test
suit?????
> Or what should be approach to test a 64 bit FORTRAN compiler??

try some benchmark tests like SPEC/LINPACK etc,, actually, these test
performance and not exactly adherence to the standards.

regards
-kamal
0
kamal

64 bit Fortran Compiler Test suits
Recently i have ported my FORTRAN (77/90) compiler on AIX-5.3.0.0. so now my fortran compiler is able to generate 62 bit binaries. And we have aslo added INTEGER*8 support with double precesion floating point support. But the problem is i am unable to find any test suit for 64 bit Fortran compiler with up to 8 bytes of integer support and double precision support. can any one tell me about free test suit for 64 bit fortran compiler testing. Or is it enough to do testing with FCVS and other test cases already available for 32 bit Fortran compiler???? On Jun 6, 1:46 pm, sinha.sam0...@gmail.co...

compiling on 32-bit vs. 64-bit (gcc fails on 64-bit)
On a 64-bit Scientific Linux 5.4 machine, I get the following when I try to compile the basic "Hello world" program: [root]# g++ -Wall hello.cc -o hello /tmp/ccglIDXK.s: Assembler messages: /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:10: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:38: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:55: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:79: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:81: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' /tmp/ccglIDXK.s:85: Error: suffix or operand...

Progress with 32-bit compiles with 64-bit compiler and related GLADE issues
Hi all! Progress so far... I have been using the x86_64 GNAT, version 4.1.0 to compile 32-bit and 64-bit code. (I'm on Fedora Core 5 at the moment!) The "-m32" option didn't work for GNAT without a bit of messing around. First I had to install a 32-bit libgnat.a, but that didn't work until I put in a link from libgnat-4.1.a into /usr/lib (it should get it from a separate x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.0/32 directory, but doesn't. Running "gnatmake -m32 ..." now builds working 32-bit executables, but I am left with the warning: /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompati...

compile int as 64 bit on a 64 bit machine?
Hello Guys, I was wondering how to compile an int into 64bit mode in a 64 bit machine with gcc. Seems by default the int is treated as 4bytes. Thanks in advance! -Andy W. On Oct 21, 1:40=A0pm, Andy <wherea...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I was wondering how to compile an int into 64bit mode in a 64 bit > machine with gcc. Seems by default the int is treated as 4bytes. > Thanks in advance! > > -Andy W. Why would you want this? And what do you mean by "64-bit machine?" x86_64? ppc64? sparc? On x86_64 32-bit types are JUST AS FAST to work with a...

test suite generation for Fortran compiler testing
hi all, I Am Working To Test A Fortran Compiler(IG Code Generation.... To Be Specific). Can Anyone Guide Me Abt The Different Techniques Of Doing So. I Usually Have To Write Test Cases For Doing. So I Am Looking At The Prospects And Methods Of Automation Of Geneartion Of Testcases. Does Any One Knows Any Tool Which Can Help To Generate Test Suites And Test Cases (For Fortran If Specific). I Am Planning To Design Such A Tool If It Does Not Exist.. I Request All To Plz Reply Share Their Knowledge In This Regard. Gaurav Gautam [When I was working on f77 compilers there were several test suites ...

Can I do 64-bit gcc compilation on 64-bit RedHat platform ?
Hi, This may seem like a daft question...but can I actually do 64-bit compilation of Tcl/Tk with gcc (tcl/tk 8.3.5) ? The reason I ask is that the configure script returns the following warning : "64bit support being disabled -- don't know magic for this platform" Looking inside the config script, I don't see where "-m64" is ever enabled for gcc ? My system details are: %> uname -a Linux dl145-02 2.4.21-23.ELsmp x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux RedHat Linux RHEL3 is installed. The version of gcc is 3.4.3 My tcl source for 8.3.5 is placed in /usr/sdeacon/tcl %>...

true 64-bit FORTRAN compilers for Windows XP 64??
So I installed Windows XP 64. off-topic, but Long sad story, but none of my PCI cards had drivers for Win64, so had to buy brand new video card, USB 2.0 card. Plus my expensive HP printers and scanners are no-go, as HP thinks a 2-yr old $699 printer and $3K scanner is too old to support anymore ... grrrr.......! No problem, I moved them to my Linux box. Now the real hassle:: We have umpty-ump old FORTRAN programs that would really benefitr from a 64 or at least 48-bit address space. I try the latest Intel compiler, but the documetation is mighty cagey-- it says it's a 64-bit comp...

How to tell if a program compiled as 32-bit or 64-bit? (Windows Vista 64)
I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to make sure. I've compiled some programs with the 'target platform' set to x64 in VC Express, but how do I tell if they really compiled into AMD64 code? Thanks, Roy "Bad Roy" <AlaBadRoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e1t5e51mvn3hd721l4or8l1qr2vjiff069@4ax.com... > I think I have finally gotten my Visual C++ Express 2008 to > use the 64-bit compiler in the Windows 7 SDK. I THINK! But I want to > make sure. I've co...

64-bit / 32-bit compilation
Hi Everyone, Many a times, while trying to compile software from source, I face the situation where the 32-bit based code tries to access a 64-bit library of 64-bit executable. In such a situation, I get an "Wrong ELF class" error. Is there anyway I can compile that 64-bit library or executable so that my 32-bit code can also use it. Is this what is known as cross- compilation? My environment is: Solaris 10 5/08 s10x_u5wos_10 X86. CC: Sun C++ 5.8 Patch 121018-15 2008/05/14 GNU Make 3.81 ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.10-1.489 Thanks & Regards, dot...

Problem linking 32-bit lapack on linux 64-bit with intel fortran compiler
Hi everybody, I'm currently trying to compile lapack from source on jaunty 64 bits, but linking fails on first link with GNU ld. I followed lapack installation instructions so adapted my make.inc like the following: Compilation options: FORTRAN =3D ifort -implicitnone OPTS =3D -O2 DRVOPTS =3D $(OPTS) NOOPT =3D -g LOADER =3D ld LOADOPTS =3D --format=3Delf32-i386 -melf_i386 TIMER =3D INT_CPU_TIME (BLASLIB was also adapted, but the compile process doesn't even go that far) The first call to ld fails: ( cd INSTALL; make; ./testlsame; ./testslamch; \ ./testdlamch; ./test...

Advanced Compiler Request: 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit, 64 bit code path/instruction generation and selection !
Hello, It would be very handy if Delphi could somehow generate code paths for 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit and 64 bit integers and possible even structures etc. So maybe with some compiler magic multiple instruction code paths can be generated AND SELECTED based on a "code path selection" variable. Here some ideas: Idea 1: Delphi could introduce a new "code path selection type" TcodePathSelection = ( cps_8_bit, cps_16_bit, cps_32_bit, cps_64_bit ); // the Delphi programmers can then use: var vCodePathSelection : TcodePathSelection; // Then somehow the Delphi program...

Fortran Compiler for 64 bit
Hello, I would like to purchase an Intel FORTRAN Compiler with an IDE/ debugger. Something similar to the old 32 bit Compaq Visual FORTRAN which does not work on the 64 bit machine. I am an antenna engineer and I do scientific programming (no computer science programming). If possible it should be able to deal with Fortran77 to the latest FORTRAN version. I have some old codes done in F77 that I need to modify and use them. I will use it on a 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate machine. I do have Visual Studio 2005, however it would be better if I will not need to use it. If the Intel product had a d...

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enter...

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edit...

Web resources about - 64 bit Fortran compiler test suite .... or how to develop 64 bit compiler test suite? - comp.compilers

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...