Automatic c++ call graph tool

Hi,

A friend of mine asked me if I know any automatic tools to analyse c++
source and generate a picture with a call graph (flow of the program).

I've been using dot to manually do these graphs becuase my programs hasn't
been that complex.

Anyone can give me a suggestion of such an automatic analyser?
(preferably free)

Regards,
--
Anders Hasselqvist
hassel@acc.umu.se

There is a program called doxygen,
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/, which can be used to generate
(among other things) call graphs, inheritance graphs, and include
graphs, as well as documentation in a variety of formats from
specially formatted comments.

David

"Anders Hasselqvist" <hassel@acc.umu.se> wrote in message
> A friend of mine asked me if I know any automatic tools to analyse c++
> source and generate a picture with a call graph (flow of the program).
0
David

g++ compiled C++ code called from gcc compiled C code
Hi all! In a C library compiled with gcc there is a pointer to a function defined and called from within the library. Now I'm using that library in a C++ project and I'd like to set this function pointer to a C++ function. Do I have to set the C++ function __attribute__((cdecl)) ? Are there any other things I have to worry about? See example code below. Thanks very much, Klaus Example Code: ----------------------------------------------------- *** lib.c (compiled with gcc and linked to a library): void (* logfunc)(int,char*,...); int getSomething(void) { ... logf...

High calling overhead when calling compiled functions from C++ application (V4.0 Compiler)
Hi, I have just started using V4.0 of the compiler and am doing some performance testing. I am interested particularly in calling Matlab functions from a C++ program. From my initial tests, I am concerned about the cost of invoking a function. Calling a compiled version of the the following minimal function: function [ out ] = return_input( in ) out = in; ....from a C++ application takes an average of 15 ms per call (averaged over 1000 calls). As a comparison from Matlab console, it takes 6 microseconds (1/2500 of the time). tic; for ( i=1:1000000 ) return_input( 99.9 ); end toc; El...

program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler
Hi, I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru KBG <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. No problem, just send $10 to paypal@zevv.nl and I'll do your homework for you. -- :wq ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C KBG said: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Can you think of any syntactic differences between C and C++? For example, what about keywords? They are very, very sen...

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

Are sun studio C/C++ compilers and Forte C/C++ compilers same ??
Is there any difference between sun studio compilers and forte compilers??? or the names have been changed??? In article <1145338052.955429.256610@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, "ameya_agnihotri" <ameyaagnihotri22@gmail.com> writes: > Is there any difference between sun studio compilers and forte > compilers??? > or the names have been changed??? One of many name changes in the product's history (including amongst others, Java somethingortheother, Workshop, Proworks/Teamworks, and probably more I've forgotten). Of course, the versions and features cha...

compiling python and calling it from C/C++
Is it possible to compile python code into a library (on unix), then link to it and call it from C/C++? If so, where can I learn how. Thanks. Russ schrieb: > Is it possible to compile python code into a library (on unix), then > link to it and call it from C/C++? If so, where can I learn how. You can't compile python, but what you can do is create a library-wrapping around it using elmer which will make it C-callable. http://elmer.sourceforge.net/ diez Russ wrote: > Is it possible to compile python code into a library (on unix), then > link to it and call it from C/C++...

Compiling matlab to C, and calling from within C
I'd like to compile my matlab programs into C functions, and integrate them into a large C architecture. I've tried writing hello world, and doing mcc, then bringing the C file into VC++, and linking to the libraries, but when I try and call my function I get 'Not enough input arguments'. An example is below. The code is generated my mcc except for the main() method which I have added to make it run. The output is: test ERROR: Not enough input arguments. EXITING Press any key to continue Please help, this is driving me nuts, is there any good docmentation on how to i...

Doxygen for Call Graph and Called Graph
I am using Doxygen to generate Call Graph and Called Graph for a C++ project with thousands of files. I found only halve of the files follow Doxygen format, while the other halve don't. Thus I won't be able to generate Call Graph for the whole project. Is there any simple way to generate Call Graph even the source files are not in Doxygen format? Thanks! --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- "Like Learn" <like2learn@live.ca> wrote in news:k5ta9f$tgp$1@adenine.netfront.net: > I am using Doxygen to generate Call...

c++ calling java calling c++ ...
Hi, i'm currently working on a plugin for Adobe InDesign and i have some problems with that. I'm not really a c++ guru, maybe somebody here has an idea how to solve this. The plugin is written in C++ and it's calling a java application. This application displays a window and pushing a button is calling back the c++-plugin again. // The plugin class. CActionComponent is part of the InDesign SDK class MyJNIComponent : public CActionComponent { public: ... static void onCreateDocument(); ... private: ... void registerCallbacks(); ... } // this is called fr...

how to call a C++ function from a C file when provided with only compiled code
I have an existing C++ library . Now i am another application using this C++ lib. The problem here is i want to call C++ fn. from C file .I cannot use extern "C"declaration for that fn. because it is compiled using a g++. tobeused.cc writtenincpp(int i ,char c) { } Since i have been provided with .o's and the header files ,i can change only function prototypes and not function declaration. What should i do ? regards, ankit On 14 Sep 2006 22:08:07 -0700 in comp.lang.c++, "ankitjain.bvcoe@gmail.com" <ankitjain.bvcoe@gmail.com> wrote, >The problem here is i...

Do we have a tool to automatically generate header files from c/c++ files?
Do we have a tool to automatically generate header files from c/c++ files? It collects from c/c++ files typedef's, macros, global variables and function prototypes, and moreover, it includes necessary system header files according to the function names and constant values you use, and your OS. I 've found this one: the makeheaders program, which seems to only have limited function. http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mkhdr/ Thanks. Terry wrote: > Do we have a tool to automatically generate header files from c/c++ > files? It collects from c/c++ files typedef's, macros, global va...

software tools kits for openrisc or c compile tools for openrisc
Hi, Now I am doing some programming on Openrisc processor on FPGA. with Xilinx tools set we can upload the makefile to it and run. the problem is how can I complie the c file to makefile which I can upload it to fpga and processor. example, if we get hello.c. how to compile it to makefile.c? Many Thanks, it is great if you can also send me a email to notice me.:) scr106@york.ac.uk ...

how to call C (non-intel C compiler) from ifort (intel fortran)?
Hi there, I need to call C within fortran code. I could compile and link using Visual Fortran and Visual C++. Fortran code is like: .. CALL SUB1(arg1, .......) .. .. C code is like: #define sub1 __stdcall SUB1 .. void sub1 ( arg1, ........) .. .. Now I have to use another machine with Intel Fortran (ifort) with .NET (Visual Studio 2005). When I linked, I got error message "unresolved external symbol _SUB1". What is the right way to do? (For using ifort with icc, an example is shown in http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/UserInfo/Resources/Hardware/Intel64Cluster/Doc/fortrancallc.html) Any...

Could I compile "c" source with a C++ compiler (Forte C++ Update 2)?
Does Forte C++ Update 2 compiles C source code in ANSI C as same as Forte C udpate 2 does? Jacob, Park <bluejacob@empal.com> wrote: > Does Forte C++ Update 2 compiles C source code in ANSI C as same as > Forte C udpate 2 does? If you're asking whether "CC" will compile the same code as "cc", then the answer is no. This is true for ANY standard-compliant c++ compiler (compilers with different "language mode" like gcc don't count as a single compiler for this description). However, usually one can make C code "compilable" by C++ co...

Web resources about - Automatic c++ call graph tool - comp.compilers

Semi-automatic pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun which uses a single chamber and barrel , with a mechanism powered by the previous shot to load a ...

Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?
Facebook appears to be experimenting with automatic translation , including the extension of that functionality to calls to action . Reader ...

Capture desktop activity with Automatic Screenshotter
... record what’s happening on your PC. Until you try it, and are left sorting through folders packed with pointless, near-identical images. Automatic ...

Stop automatic Windows 10 upgrades without installing any extra software
It's a new year, but that doesn't mean Microsoft is giving up on converting all of its users to Windows 10 . In fact, the notifications are as ...

A second look at Australia's ban on semi-automatic weapons - Videos - CBS News
After a 1996 massacre in Australia left 35 people dead, the government banned semi-automatic firearms. Holly Williams went to Australia to see ...

Liberals Aren’t Going To Like How The Majority Of Americans Feel About Semi-Automatic Guns
Liberals Aren’t Going To Like How The Majority Of Americans Feel About Semi-Automatic Guns

Automatic garbage bin promises to clean the oceans
Take a close look at the water in your local marina and you'll probably shudder at the amount of waste floating around. You'd practically need ...

Saddlers hold on to move back into the automatic promotion places
Saddlers hold on to move back into the automatic promotion places ESPN FC Bury replied with Reece Brown and Andrew Tutte testing goalkeeper ...

Meet the first "Year of the Monkey" Watch: Harry Winston Premier Monkey Automatic Watch
A symbol of intelligence and quick wit, the monkey is a beloved creature that is now celebrated on the newest Harry Winston Premier Monkey watch ...

Exclusive: Nerf's Fall Lineup Includes a Fully Automatic Version of its 70 MPH Rival Blaster
Announced just before the New York Toy Fair last year, Nerf’s Rival blasters , which launched tiny foam balls at speeds of up to 70 miles per ...