Compiler compiler with C++ as output

Greetings.

Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would like
to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
fully object-oriented compiler compiler.

So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?

With Best Regards, Andrey
0
javaman (4)
5/17/2004 3:34:48 AM
comp.compilers 3310 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Have a look at Yacc++....
    http://tarkus.pha.jhu.edu/scienceArchive/design/YACC++.html

  ~Rajesh

"Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Greetings.
>
> Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I would
like
> to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i am looking for
> fully object-oriented compiler compiler.
>
> So far i found only antlr. Any other suggestions?
0
Rajesh
5/24/2004 4:20:02 AM
On 16 May 2004 23:34:48 -0400, "Andrey Batyuck" <javaman@mail.ru>
wrote:

>Do you know any compiler compiler that can give output in C++? I
>would like to implement run-time scripting system in my system, and i
>am looking for fully object-oriented compiler compiler.  So far i
>found only antlr. Any other suggestions?

Boost Spirit, which isn't a compiler compiler, but it allows you to
write a grammar directly using C++ code, using EBNF grammar-like
syntax. The implementation relies on advanced template techniques to
generate the parsing code.

See http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/index.html and
http://spirit.sourceforge.net/

Tom
--
C++ FAQ: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
tom_usenet

I can recommend CppCC (http://cppcc.sourceforge.net/). I've used it
succesfully in my own projects. There's a C grammar parser included.

Good luck!

Nicolas Capens
0
nicolas_capens

program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler
Hi, I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru KBG <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. No problem, just send $10 to paypal@zevv.nl and I'll do your homework for you. -- :wq ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C KBG said: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Can you think of any syntactic differences between C and C++? For example, what about keywords? They are very, very sen...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

which compiler compiled?
Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? I looked at the file with a hex editor and didn't see anything obvious. Lawrence "Lawrence" <just4me@nowhere.com> writes: > Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? Yes with some compilers and some executable formats. E.g. on HP-UX for PA-RISC: $ aCC leak.C $ odump -compunit a.out ... 6 0 ANSI C++ leak.C /tmp ctcom options = -inst compiletime -diags 523 -inline_power 1 -longbranch 2 -unique_strings on -cachesize 256 B...

Compile or not compile?
There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able to compile "on fly". At the beginning I thought this was related to the paths idl "knew", but this happens for two functions/routines in the same directory. Can someone tell when a function can be runned without be compile? Nuno Oliveira wrote: > There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How > do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able > to compile &quo...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compiling Compiler
Hi there, I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding compilers. I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so that I get Minix object and binary files. Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to produce true 64bit code? Sanky wrote: > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding...

Compiled or not compiled
I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in compiled mode. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks Tomy Duby "Tomy Duby" <tomy.duby@agilent.com> wrote in message news:idq8q8$85k$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function > is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in > compiled mode. > Any ideas how to do this? HELP ISDEPLOYED. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com comp.s...

compiling Qt .... compiling Qt ....compiling Qt.... compiling Qt
I got myself new kernel from kernel.org... make xconfig needs Qt (new system). So I got new Qt source this afternoon. It is still compiling.... Who said MS is bloat has not done this. What does Qt do? Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: > Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? Why not curses based? menuform -- Hilsen/Regards Michael Rasmussen http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917 On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:55:33 +0100) it happened Michael Rasmussen <mir@miras.or...

Are sun studio C/C++ compilers and Forte C/C++ compilers same ??
Is there any difference between sun studio compilers and forte compilers??? or the names have been changed??? In article <1145338052.955429.256610@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, "ameya_agnihotri" <ameyaagnihotri22@gmail.com> writes: > Is there any difference between sun studio compilers and forte > compilers??? > or the names have been changed??? One of many name changes in the product's history (including amongst others, Java somethingortheother, Workshop, Proworks/Teamworks, and probably more I've forgotten). Of course, the versions and features cha...

Will C pgm compile on C++ compiler?
I had C programming in school years ago and would like to play with it again. When I go online I only seem to be able to find C++ compilers. I know that C++ is object oriented, whereas C is not. I can get a good price on Visual C++ 6.0. Is there a way to run native C programs on a C++ compiler? Thanks, Ken [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] "Ken Applequist" <apple07840@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Sh%1d.4320$F75.1229@trndny01>... > I had C programming in school ...

compiling c code but libraries are compiled in c++
hi, We have written cunit code for testing some APIs. defination of those APIs are in c++ and .so library is created of them. when I compile my cunit code it gets compiled successfully but while liking it gives undefined reference to symbol. can anyone help me in this matter. Regards Sumit Shrivastava On 29 May 2007 04:11:14 -0700 sumit <sumit.shrivastava09@gmail.com> wrote: | We have written cunit code for testing some APIs. defination of | those APIs are in c++ and .so library is created of them. when I | compile my cunit code it gets compiled successf...

C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables See `config.log' for more details.
Hello; The Solaris environment is killing me... I wanted to install Midnight Commander but I saw that it needs to be compiled. To compile Midnight Commander I downloaded gtk but I couldn`t install gtk. Because it needed many other dependency packages. I downloaded other dependency packages and I couldn`t have installed even them. I am really very angry at the moment. Then I found something/script `pkg-get` from www.blaswave.org and run it. Pkg-get installed many things by downloading them somewhere from internet. Actually I don`t know where am I now? Because when I run ./configure to insta...

link a c compiled application with a c++ compiled library ?
Hi, I've searched nearly one hour for this but found nothing usefull :-/ So my question is simple : Is it possible to link a c compiled application with a C++ compiled library ?? If yes, how would it possible.. (I guess this would be indirectly posible by using some wrapper around the c++ library, but I'm aboslutely not wanting to do that in my case, well at least if I have to write that wrapper manually myself). I looked at gcc,g++ man pages, gcc online documentation, .. but can't even find a beginning of info related to that :-/ Thank you if you can help me. Regards, ...

Web resources about - Compiler compiler with C++ as output - comp.compilers

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...