How is this problems solved in praxis?

When designing a compiler automatically parallelizing programs after
data-flow analysis, it would be desirable if the number of
communications (or thread switches when run on fewer processors than
threads) between threads would be minimized.  How is this problem
solved in praxis (if at all)?

Best regards,

Henning
0
fernau (5)
7/2/2003 4:43:29 AM
comp.compilers 3310 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

How is this problem solved in praxis (if at all)
When designing a compiler automatically parallelizing programs after data-flow analysis, it would be desirable if the number of communications (or thread switches when run on fewer processors than threads) between threads would be minimized. How is this problem solved in praxis (if at all)? Best regards, Henning I think what you're asking is "how can I minimize the number of barrier synchronizations inserted by an autoparallelizing compiler into my code to preserve correctness". Or you could be asking about minimizing context switches, but the answer to that would be O/S-sp...

Solve exact problem with approx solution, or solve approx problem with exact solution
Tukey (inventor of FFT) thinks that an approximate solution of the exact problem is often more useful than the exact solution of an approximate problem. I find it hard to argue which one is more important or useful. Once you believe in one of them, your belief will lead your research style to either algorithm-centered or model-construction-centered. Anybody wants to elaborate on either of these two views? b83503104@yahoo.com wrote: > Tukey (inventor of FFT) thinks that an approximate solution of the > exact problem is often more useful than the exact solution of an > approximate ...

compiling BTG-0.9.5... linking problems... or problems whith my compiling-skill
Hi I've tried to compile btg-0.9.5 [http://btg.berlios.de/] under Madriva 2007.1 Spring (kernel 2.6.17-14), but it couldn't link some library... i readed config.log and i found a lot of errors like that: /usr/local/include/libtorrent/socket.hpp:48:27: error: asio/ip/tcp.hpp: No such file or directory or /usr/local/include/libtorrent/socket.hpp:83: error: 'asio' has not been declared But /usr/local/include/libtorrent/asio (and other subdirectories) exist! i've comiled also Libtorrent, then, to make the btg config script find the library, i've exported the enviro...

Problem to compile with g77 a program which was normally compiled with Absoft compiler
Hello, I get the following error messages when I try to compile a program with g77 somefile.f:(.text+0x93): undefined reference to `for_open' somefile.f:(.text+0xf4): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt' somefile.f:(.text+0x128): undefined reference to `for_write_seq_fmt_xmit' somefile.f:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `for_read_seq' Could you help me to fix this? I have posted more details about my actions on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3365742/f77-problem-to-compile-with-g77-a-program-which-was-normally-compiled-with-absof Thank you On 30/07/2010 10:2...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Purify problem or compiler problem?
Hi, I am using sun's CC (c++ compiler) to compile the follow code: #define __REENTRANT #include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> void *one(void *dummy); void two(void); void output(void); int main (int argc, char **argv) { pthread_t tid; pthread_create( &tid, NULL, one, NULL ); pthread_join(tid,NULL); } void *one(void *dummy) { output(); two(); return NULL; } void two(void) { output(); } void output(void) { //char string[16468]; //This one purify likes //char string[16469]={0}; //This and greater ...

[...]

Problem in solving a problem by matlab.
Hello Everybody, I am having a problem in back propagation network. It is not a direct one to use sofwares like matlab for simulation. The problem is briefly described as follows. I want to specify the number of interconnections in the hidden layer or between the hidden layers. Can this possible using Matlab? Also I want to share the weights between two sets of hidden layers how to do that in Matlab? Please suggest me any other GUI softwares that can solve both the above problems or give me suggestions or atleast the posibility of doing this in Matlab(any...

[...]

Problems solving using Solve
I have a problem suing the following code: Cone[beta_, v_,rcAB_,rcCD_,ax_,ay_,cx_,cy_,centerOfMassx_,centerOfMassy_] := Module[ {betaUsed, vtemp, fx, fy, ex, ey, waarde,criticalRC,criticalHeight,xVerplaatsing,ePx2Py2}, betaUsed = beta ; vtemp = v; fline[x_] := Tan[betaUsed]x - Tan[betaUsed]vtemp; fx = x /. Solve[fline[x] == cd[x,rcCD,cx,cy], x][[1]]; fy = cd[fx,rcCD,cx,cy]; criticalRC = (centerOfMassy - fy)/(centerOfMassx - fx); criticalHeight = -criticalRC*fx + fy; ex = (-ay + rcAB*ax + criticalHeight)/(rcAB + (-criticalRC)); ...

Compilation problems with Forte6update2 compiler !!
Hi All, I am trying to compile c++ code in Forte6 update 2 compiler in Solaris5.10. I am facing some compilation errors like " Error: Could not find a match for" templates. But the same code works fine in VC8.0 and gcc compilers. Can you please let me know whether I am missing any compiler options? Please let me know if there is any work around for this. Thanks in advance ! Regards Satish. On 2008-03-31 11:02:06 +0100, satish.lvr@gmail.com said: > Hi All, > > I am trying to compile c++ code in Forte6 update 2 compiler in > Solaris5.10. I am facing some compilati...

Web resources about - How is this problems solved in praxis? - comp.compilers

Cheque use declining but fraud still a problem
Cheques account for less than 5 per cent of non-cash transactions in Australia but last year there were nearly 200 cheque fraud offences

No shuttle? No problem. Space City’s new carrier aircraft exhibit soars
Independence sits atop the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. (credit: Lee Hutchinson) HOUSTON—It was the bitterest of pills for Houston, the home of ...

Existing Home Sales Bounce Essentially a Mirage; Supply Drops to 11-Year Low: Is that a Problem?
Home Sales Mirage Bounce December existing Home Sales bounced a whopping 14.7% from November's dismal showing. But most of that bounce was a ...

Flint’s Not the Only Problem in Michigan
State residents are protesting a plan by a Marathon Petroleum refinery to increase emissions of sulfur dioxide and seven other toxic chemicals. ...

Complaining About Social Media? You’re Part Of The Problem.
... for following people back. If anything, this “quid pro quo” thing we’ve created on social networks is part of what has created the very problem ...

Tesla had problems with its Falcon Wing doors — but crazy car doors have a long history
... associated with putting together doors as complex as those found the X. As it turns out, Tesla did indeed encounter for than a few problems ...

The Problem Is Power Itself
... to ensure that only the ‘right’ people control state power, but by reducing state power itself. Put differently, the fundamental problem is ...

Viola Davis: The problem isn’t the Oscars, the problem is the whole industry
... her anger and sadness at the system that devalues her as a woman and as an artist. So, Viola has chimed in about #OscarsSoWhite. “The problem ...

IDG Contributor Network: The machine learning problem of the next decade
A few months ago, my company, CrowdFlower, ran a machine learning competition on Kaggle . It perfectly highlighted the biggest opportunity (and ...