list of research compilers/compiler infrastructures?

Hello,

I am interested in a list of source-available research compilers and
compiler infrastructures, a sort of annotated bibliography of tools.
I think that, since many tools are modular and can output various
intermediate representations, a list of many available tools and
components would enable people to string together a chain of passes to
solve a unique problem or compile for an unusual architecture.
Basically, I'm looking for something that will help me answer the
(parameterized) question:

   "I'm looking to implement optimization/analysis X on
    source programs in language Y, and I need a backend
    for architecture Z.  I'd prefer to hack an infrastructure
    written in either language D, E, or F, but I'm willing
    to write glue code to combine the outputs of two or
    more tools."

Is there a URL or FAQ that has this information somewhere?  If not,
please tell me about your favorite research compilers, so that I can
(perhaps) make such a website myself.

Thanks!

best,
wb
0
usenet
7/2/2003 4:39:57 AM
comp.compilers 3310 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

 usenet@woggo.org (Will Benton) schreibt:

>I think that, since many tools are modular and can output various
>intermediate representations

Since every tool uses its own unique internal intermediate representation, I
seriously doubt that multiple tools will not only allow for various external
representations (syntax), but also will agree about the meaning of that
information (semantics).

But I'm willing to adjust my mind... ;-)

>please tell me about your favorite research compilers

Currently I'm looking into DotGNU, with treecc and the CLI (ECMA-335).

DoDi
0
vbdis

Web resources about - list of research compilers/compiler infrastructures? - comp.compilers

Infrastructure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It can be generally defined as the set of interconnected structural elements that provide framework supporting an entire structure of development. ...

Infrastructure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Engineers generally limit the use of the term "infrastructure" to describe fixed assets that are in the form of a large network, in other words, ...

ACT government urged to rethink funding for roads and infrastructure
The ACT government should abolish motorist taxes and embrace new funding models, according to an industry group.

More infrastructure needed for Duncan Gay's cycling safety package to balance
Big increases in fines on the basis of big increases in lawbreaking among cyclists is misguided.

Lucy Turnbull to sit on powerful cabinet infrastructure committee
Businesswoman and former Sydney Lord Mayor Lucy Turnbull will attend key meetings of the powerful infrastructure committee of the state cabinet ...

Feds consider changing funding formula for infrastructure spending: Minister
The Liberal government says it is aiming to listen to partners – cities and provinces – when it comes to a new approach on infrastructure spending, ...

Trudeau Considers Speeding Up Infrastructure Spending To Stimulate Economy
The government is now looking at moving up the spending schedule, pushing the money out faster in response to worsening economic conditions. ...

The problem with using infrastructure to stimulate an economy
The immediate boost to the economy from infrastructure stimulus spending is minimal, while the cost for any new jobs it creates can be huge

Your guide to shares in 2016: infrastructure, retail, technology
Your guide to shares in 2016 outlines what the experts expect from each of the nine sectors. Here we outline infrastructure, retail and technology ...

Weak hydrogen infrastructure delays Toyota Mirai sales
Filed under: Green , Toyota , United States , Hydrogen Toyota is discouraged by slower-than-expected deployment of hydrogen refueling stations, ...