Solution Compiler: Principles, Techniques and Tools - Dragon book

Hi
I have been studying the book Compiler: Principles, Techniques and
Tools by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman, better known
as the Dragon Book.
Are there any published solutions to the excercises given in this
book?
Or maybe someone out there have written their own solution to some or
all of these excercises?
If so, I would be more than happe to hear from you.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
  Morten Goodwin Olsen
[This question comes up every decade or so.  As far as I know, there's
no published set of solutions. -John]
10
goodwin (12)
5/17/2004 3:31:03 AM
comp.compilers 3258 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Old Compiler book
I was doing a book search, and ran across this: Compiler techniques, by Bary W. Pollack, 1972. However, I have not been able to find a description of this book. Since it is pretty old, I'm curious about the state of Compiler writing in 1972. Can anyone supply some information regarding this book? Thanks! [Never heard of it. But you can buy a used copy for $4 on Amazon so why not just get one and see if it's any good? -John] Ed Davis <ed_davis2@yahoo.com.dmarc.email> wrote: +--------------- | I was doing a book search, and ran across this: | Compiler techniques, ...

Compile or not compile?
There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able to compile "on fly". At the beginning I thought this was related to the paths idl "knew", but this happens for two functions/routines in the same directory. Can someone tell when a function can be runned without be compile? Nuno Oliveira wrote: > There's something that sometimes in while it bores me a little bit. How > do I know if I need to compile a function/procedure or it will be able > to compile &quo...

which compiler compiled?
Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? I looked at the file with a hex editor and didn't see anything obvious. Lawrence "Lawrence" <just4me@nowhere.com> writes: > Is there a way I can tell which compiler compiled an executable? Yes with some compilers and some executable formats. E.g. on HP-UX for PA-RISC: $ aCC leak.C $ odump -compunit a.out ... 6 0 ANSI C++ leak.C /tmp ctcom options = -inst compiletime -diags 523 -inline_power 1 -longbranch 2 -unique_strings on -cachesize 256 B...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compiling Compiler
Hi there, I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding compilers. I have sun cc compiler that supports 64 bit environment. Now, I compile ACK using this compiler.This should give a compiler that supports 64bit environment. Since the output files are in Solaris format, I compile the ACK source *once again* using the just compiled ACK compiler so that I get Minix object and binary files. Now my questions is that does this 2nd version of ACK be able to produce true 64bit code? Sanky wrote: > Hi there, > > I need some advice/opinion of the experts out there regarding...

To compile or not to compile
Is there some benefit in compiling the apache source yourself? -- //Points ------------------------------------------------------------ http://underthebed.homeip.net ...

Compiled or not compiled
I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in compiled mode. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks Tomy Duby "Tomy Duby" <tomy.duby@agilent.com> wrote in message news:idq8q8$85k$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I need to distinguish between two situations: one when a Matlab function > is run from Matlab command window and the other one when it is run in > compiled mode. > Any ideas how to do this? HELP ISDEPLOYED. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com comp.s...

compiling Qt .... compiling Qt ....compiling Qt.... compiling Qt
I got myself new kernel from kernel.org... make xconfig needs Qt (new system). So I got new Qt source this afternoon. It is still compiling.... Who said MS is bloat has not done this. What does Qt do? Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 19:18:09 +0000, Jan Panteltje wrote: > Dunno, how about xforms for xconfig? Why not curses based? menuform -- Hilsen/Regards Michael Rasmussen http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE3E80917 On a sunny day (Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:55:33 +0100) it happened Michael Rasmussen <mir@miras.or...

Books on compiler tools ?
Are there any books currently in print that describe compiler building tools other than my venerable "lex & yacc". I realize that books like the dragon book mention them as part of a description of RE lexers or LALR parsers, but I'm more interested in books like Terrence Parr's 1996 book on PCCTS or Holub's book where he reimplemented lex and yacc. I can't find any -- am I the lone survivor or am I missing some? R's, John John L wrote: > Are there any books currently in print that describe compiler building > tools other than my venerable "lex...

program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler
Hi, I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ compiler. Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru KBG <karthik.balaguru@lntinfotech.com> wrote: > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. No problem, just send $10 to paypal@zevv.nl and I'll do your homework for you. -- :wq ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C KBG said: > Hi, > > I need a small program that compiles in C compiler but not in C++ > compiler. Can you think of any syntactic differences between C and C++? For example, what about keywords? They are very, very sen...

Compiling with the eclipse compiler
Hey all,I have a weird problem (at least it's weird to me).I have a big project that I need to compile through ant with eclipse'scompiler.In the build.xml my compile target looks like this : <target name="compile" depends="release-settings, init" description="compiles everything from source"> <echo message="Compiling with debug = ${build.debug}"/> <depend srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${class.dir}" cache="${dependencies.dir}" closure="true"/> <javac srcdir=...

which compiler was used to compile?
Is there a slick way to invent a constant in a program that tells you which compiler you used. I distribute both JET and JavaC versions of my code, and it helps to know on any error dump which version they were using. Right now I manually change a static final just before compiling. I thought there ought to be something less error prone. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html for The Java Glossary. Roedy Green wrote: > Is there a slick way to invent a constant in a program that tell...

Writing a compiler compiler
Hello, Firstly, let it be known that I am quite new to the subject of parser generators, and having written only simple parsers for frivoulous grammars by hand have little experience. My objective is thus - to create a parser generator that will eventually generate a parser for a dynamic language. However, my undestanding of different parser types and distinctions between is minimal; but as the web is a good enough resourse please assume my knowledge of those areas. The target for this parser generator would be a language similar to C#, and I have found Jay (a yacc clone to C# and Java). Th...

compiling on different compilers
I am working on a set of functions that involve dynamic memory allocation. I started working with gcc and then moved to Pacific C. The reason was that my only access to gcc was through an ssh connection that I did not have access to all the time, so I got Pacific so I could work on my home windows computer. Then I moved back to gcc, which saved me from some major mistakes. Somehow Pacific C was letting me get away with stuff that was completely wrong. gcc immediately gave me segmentation errors until I got every last thing correct. Is gcc the best for catching mistakes? If not, which on...

Meta4... a compiler-compiler
in the csa2 gmail account... description is very interesting. in the Pidgin for Apple II/Merlin/6502 message Rich ...

Web resources about - Solution Compiler: Principles, Techniques and Tools - Dragon book - comp.compilers

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Archimedes' principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Archimedes' principle is a law of physics stating that the upward buoyant force exerted on a body immersed in a fluid is equal to the weight ...

Christian principles should not be lost amid apathy and cynicism
To have faith is to believe in the unseen power of God. It's really that simple.

Barnaby Joyce: Seeking politicians with admirable principles
It's discouraging to know that this nation's next deputy prime minister could be a man who has no problem with the attitudes betrayed by Peter ...

How Cal Newport’s ‘Deep Work’ Principles Can Fundamentally Improve Diversity In The Legal Profession
People play differently when they’re keeping score; if we want to compete on a level playing field, then we need to keep score.

Las Vegas Review-Journal Owners Outline ‘Three Principles’
... to accept a buyout offer, it is a “Note to Readers” from the new ownership of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The note outlines the three principles ...

"President Obama is again disregarding the constitutional principles of separation of powers and exceeding ...
"The Obama administration issued guidance creating uncertainty and fear of prosecution for law-abiding citizens who wish to exercise their right ...

10 Guiding Principles For Effective Brand Building
In “The Unexpected Universe” naturalist Loren Eisley tells of coming upon a spider in a forest spinning the sticky spokes of the web that extend ...

The principle trouble in Paris is called differentiation
Why India is so focused on keeping it alive in the new climate agreement

Tom Herman 'agrees in principle' to contract to remain with Houston
Houston coach Tom Herman said he has agreed in principle to a new contract that will keep him as the Cougars coach.