Solution Compiler: Principles, Techniques and Tools - Dragon book

Hi
I have been studying the book Compiler: Principles, Techniques and
Tools by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman, better known
as the Dragon Book.
Are there any published solutions to the excercises given in this
book?
Or maybe someone out there have written their own solution to some or
all of these excercises?
If so, I would be more than happe to hear from you.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
  Morten Goodwin Olsen
[This question comes up every decade or so.  As far as I know, there's
no published set of solutions. -John]
8
goodwin (10)
5/17/2004 3:31:03 AM
comp.compilers 3220 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

US-TX-Austin: Principle Eng., MSEE, Analog desing, CMOS circuits/chips, D/A, A/D (45321432402)
US-TX-Austin: Principle Eng., MSEE, Analog desing, CMOS circuits/chips, D/A, A/D (45321432402) ============================================================================================== Position: Principle Eng. Reference: SMC01553 Location: Austin TX Duration: DH Skills: Good chip-level debugging and general laboratory skills are also required. Exp in assisting with test program development. Proven chip level floorplanning skills. Strong team oriented approach to problem solving. Requires an MSEE ...

An Index Scanning Solution question
Hi all! Earlier I sent a question about multi-order index scanning (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2004-04/msg00276.php). I can solve the problem with own OPERATOR CLASSes. But this solution increase number of my indexes exponentially. In my applicaton I have already more then 200 indexes on a table with 500 000 rows. I will have 1 000 000 records at the end of this year. I'd like to ask why the index scaning can't move on an index in multi-order directions (For exapmle: 1.column: forward, 2.column: backward and 3.column: forward again)? So I wouldn't have to u...

out of print distributive lattices book
There is an out of print book called "Distributive Lattices" (1974) by Ray Balbes and Ph. Dwinger. It is considered to be one of the standard texts in lattice theory. For example, J.B. Nation has commented "The standard book for distributive lattices is by R. Balbes and Ph. Dwinger [2]. Though somewhat dated, it contains much of interest.": http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~jb/ http://www.math.hawaii.edu/~jb/math618/os8uh.pdf It is also one of two books recommended by Manfred Stern in his book "Semimodular Lattices" (1999) for distributive lattices (the other bei...

2000 solution manuals, solution manual, Student Study Guide solutions #2
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution m...

Solution to saving a plot
Hi everyone, Ok so I think this was a common problem to many people, as they were trying to save a plot on image with its native resolution. I found out a solution to this, it's working fine for me. I'll post it so that you can use it if you need it. Here it is: I = imread('data0012.tif'); % Load a sample image imshow(I); % Display it [r,c,d] = size(I); % Get the image size set(gca,'Units','normalized','Position',[0 0 1 1]); % Modify axes size set(gcf,'Units','pixels','Posi...

Compilation issues: cc falls over with "Signal 11"
Hi, I am trying to build Lynx from the sources on the Minix web page. It configures the build from the MINIX/lynx.sh script. But when I try and "make", I get: $ make cd WWW/Library/Implementation && make CC="cc" \ LY_CFLAGS="-wa -wo -D_MINIX -D_POSIX_SOURCE " \ CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I. -D_XOPEN_SOURC E=500 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE" \ LYFLAGS="" cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I. -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE \ -I../../.....

Resource compiler predefined symbols
Hello, What are the predefined symbols for CW 8.3 resource compiler ? I need to have some .h file that are shared between C, C++ and .r file and would like to setup some areas not to be parsed. I did not foudn any doc regarding the resource compiler... Davud In article <3f227b79$0$24609$626a54ce@news.free.fr>, "David Scr�ve" <dscreve@clickteam.com> wrote: > Hello, > > What are the predefined symbols for CW 8.3 resource compiler ? I need to > have some .h file that are shared between C, C++ and .r > file and would ...

Identifying compiler & OS Versions
Hi, In Solaris how to identify the application/binary built on which OS Version and by using which c/c++ compiler. I have one application in solaris which was written in c & c++. Now i want to know in which solaris version(like solaris 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, etc) and with which compiler (like Forte 4.2/6 update 2, etc), the application was built. mcs giving all the headers included and the Compiler used: >mcs -p server server: @(#)stdio.h 1.79 01/04/16 SMI @(#)stdio_iso.h 1.2 99/10/25 SMI @(#)feature_tests.h 1.18 99/07/26 SMI @(#)isa_defs.h 1.20 99/05/04 SMI @(#)va_list...

Engineering software analysis regression tool
We develop an engineering analysis software tool used by engineers to design piping systems. This software predicts hydraulic pressures, flows and temperatures throughout the system. During a simulation a result file is written. Depending on the size of the network this result file can contain thousands of individual data items (result quantities). Our in-house regression tool runs over 1200 tests and compares the results of the new build against a benchmarked data set. In other words millions of data comparisons are performed and reports of any differences (greater than a user tolerance) gen...

nnet adaption and compiler
Hi, have anybody a suggestion for the following problen: I used the nnet-toolbox with net.trainFcn='trains' to adapt the network. It works in matlab. The compiled version produces the following error: Output argument "err" (and may be others) not assigned during call to "......subsasgn.m>setTrainFcn" The correxponding m-file is OK, but it doesn`t work after compiling. Thanks for comments "Peter Rudolph" <p.rudolph@alice-dsl.net> wrote in message news:i5qnnc$cpk$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > have anybody a suggestion for the fo...

C++ UML CASE Tool
Visual Paradigm Smart Development Environment 3.0 for Microsoft Visual Studio.Net (SDE-VS) is a full-featured UML modeling extension for Microsoft Visual Studio.Net. SDE-VS provides a wide range of UML related activities within the .NET environment. By providing the facilities of textual analysis, use case modeling, modeling and analyzing the system can be easily achieved. SDE-VS supports the latest and full UML 2.0 diagrams and notations. For more detailed information, please visit: http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/sde/vs/ Free evaluation is available for 30 days. You can get an evalu...

tool to use?
Dear all, My team builds a software on 4 platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris and Mac... and probably more later). Our release pace is not very high so running the build scripts by hand is somewhat OK. Nonetheless, i'd be interested by your insight on which tool would be really practical for me. Basically the tool would need to be able to: - trigger the start of the builds on the 4 platforms - follow execution and potentially restart the processes if an intermittent failure happens (something like network problem) - wait for the builds to finish, check they succeeded and run ...

matlab engine application compiling
I am using engcallmatlab to call matlab built-in functions in my Fortran programs. I am using gfortran as compiler. Now I want to use engine application in a Fortran program that has to be compiled with ifc. I tried to compile it with ifc, but it did not work. So, my question is: How can I compile engine application with ifc? I am using Linux (32 bit) with Matlab2010a. Thanks. ...

How to define integer solution to GA?
Hi, I have a problem.How can I insert an option in Genetic toolbox so that the proposed solution in every population contains just integers between -100 and 100 and not 50.02 or any other decimals just integers. I do realy appreciate your help. You can not do this by simply changing some options. Look at the support website for some help with integer GA: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/1-10PDHC.html?solution=1-10PDHC hth, rakesh "mahyar" <m.asadi@mechanicalonline.com> wrote in message news:ef44d6a.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > I have a problem...

Fortran-compiled DLLs in Python
Hi there everybody! The problem is the following: we have a DLL (H2O.dll) - compiled in Visual Fortran - depending in turn on another DLL. H2O.dll contains only one (1) function, with a known name (WATER). The WATER function is called with the following parameters: - TT (datatype: double precision) [input] - PP (datatype: double precision) [input] - State (datatype: integer) [input] - DiERR (datatype: integer) [output] - SIG (datatype: double precision) [output] - Prop (datatype: double precision array[16 elements]) [outpu...

solutions manual, test bank for Social Science An Introduction to the Study of Society 15e 15/E 15th Edition by Elgin Hunt David Colander contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Social Science An Introduction to the Study of Society 15e 15/E 15th Edition by Elgin Hunt David Colander solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Social Science An Introduction to the Study of Society 15e 15/E 15th Edition by Elgin Hunt David Colander ...

VHS to iDVD Solution
I have a new iMac G5. I want to get VHS tapes into my computer. What's the least invested way to do this simple task? Clearly in a few months I'll never have much need to do it again. -- Thank you and have a nice day. In article <200603070851588930-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > I have a new iMac G5. I want to get VHS tapes into my computer. What's > the least invested way to do this simple task? Clearly in a few months > I'll never have much need to do it again. The quickest/easiest way I've found is with an EyeTV unit from El Gat...

US-CA-Brea: Systems Support, Data Warehouse Solutions, Bus Intelligence; 7M (45341557607)
US-CA-Brea: Systems Support, Data Warehouse Solutions, Bus Intelligence; 7M (45341557607) ========================================================================================= Position: Systems Support Reference: SMC01944 Location: Brea CA Duration: 7M Skills: Data Warehouse Solutions Business Intelligence relational databases (Oracle a must) Business Intelligence tools (preferably Brio) data modeling tools such as Erwin, data modeling/architecture techniques (star schema ...

Suggest me AJAX Books for Beginner 346951
Hi, I am going to do small project using JSP,Servlets and AJAX. Idon't have any idea in AJAX.I have to learn AJAX and do project. Plzsuggest me any books for AJAX.If you any have web links, ebooks, tutorials for AJAX .Send it tome ..It will be very usefull for me... Suresh wrote:> Hi,> I am going to do small project using JSP,Servlets and AJAX. I> don't have any idea in AJAX.I have to learn AJAX and do project. Plz> suggest me any books for AJAX.> If you any have web links, ebooks, tutorials for AJAX .Send it to> me ..It will be very usefull for me...The one th...

ERROR:Simulator:222
Has anyone else experienced the fault with the ISE Simulator "ERROR:Simulator:222 - Generated C++ compilation was unsuccessful". The Answers Database is no use at all. More importantly has anyone found out how to get around it? I've gone from working just fine to completely stuck! TIA, Rog. ...

MSX Solutions
With more than 5000 visitors from 57 countries since his creation end december 2004, MSX Solutions is the most populair site with maps of games. To celebrate this success, a new map has just been added, it concerns Twinbee released by Konami in 1986. With this addition, 2 days after another great update, the site contains now 43 different maps. http://msxsolutions.msxblue.com ...

Full list all "uninitialized" variables when compile
Hi, All I want to list all "uninitialized" variables when compile my fortran code on both linux and window platform. Example: Linux: Warning: `plast' might be used uninitialized in this function Windows: Warning: Variable PLAST is used before its value has been defined The problem is that linux and windows compiler do not always give a full list of these variables. Is there any compile options or tools that can help me to do this? Thanks. tju329 <tju329@gmail.com> wrote: > The problem is that linux and windows compiler do not always give a > full list of these...

Compiling utils2 on HPUX
Hi, I think I have followed the instructions in his Makefile, but I am still struggling to build AK's utils2 package on HPUX 11.11, with the HP gcc package. Errors as follows /home/informix/utils2_ak> gmake INFORMIXC=gcc esql -I/informix/FT2/incl/public -DHAVE_GNU_GETOPT=0 -o dostats dostats.ec getopt.c esqlc: "dostats.ec", line 297: Error -33200: Invalid statement on symbol 'lvarchar'. esqlc: "dostats.ec", line 2308: Error -33040: Object 'statement2' was not declared. esqlc: "dostats.ec", line 3480: Warning -33208: Runtim...

solutions manual, test bank for Principles of Macroeconomics 11e 11/E 11th edition by Case FAir Oster contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Principles of Macroeconomics 11e 11/E 11th edition by Case FAir Oster solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Principles of Macroeconomics 11e 11/E 11th edition by Case FAir Oster ...

SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS #2
NO PROBLEM IS LEFT UN-SOLVED LIKE HINDRANCE IN MARRIAGE, OVER-COME THE BELOVED, FINANCIAL/LBUSINESS LOSS, UN-TRUST AND INFLUENCE OF UGLY/ SIFLI ILAM. CONTACT:0092442529323 OR 003006952609 FAIZ-E-AAM ADDA ROAD OKARA(PAKISTAN). VISIT: www.astropalmist.blogspot.com ...