A quantum analog of Huffman coding vs. a Huffman coding

A quantum analog of Huffman coding has been proposed by Samuel L. Braunstein, Christopher A. Fuchs, Daniel Gottesman, Hoi-Kwong Lo
(http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/9805080).

Is "A quantum analog of Huffman coding" a Huffman coding?

--
 Alex Vinokur
     http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

0
alexvn387 (280)
12/24/2004 2:12:28 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Huffman Coding and Arithmetic Coding
Hi everybody, i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding... Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of errors I don't understand... Please, contact me if u know stg about image compression... Thanx "amelie" <amelie.quinet@reseau.eseo.fr> wrote in message news:ef2ca1d.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi everybody, > > i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding... > Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of > errors I don't understand... > > Please, contact me if u know...

source code in matlab for huffman coding
hi.iam in need of source code in matlab for huffman coding using the default table, i tring to write this code but i cann't write it. could you send to me function to generat huffman table without input ...

request for source code of adaptive huffman coding

huffman code for data compression
hello sir, i am doing my electrical engg. from pakistan (NUST) and i have to submitt my project of data stucture that is huffman code for data compression can you please send me the code of huffman thanking you in advance ...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

huffman coding
Can someone show me a quick example of what huffman coding does in C ? I am going to continue learning this subject. Bill "Bill Cunningham" <nospam@nspam.invalid> wrote in message news:490fc7ef$0$5491$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net... > Can someone show me a quick example of what huffman coding does in C ? > I am going to continue learning this subject. > > Bill http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffman_coding "Bill Cunningham" <nospam@nspam.invalid> writes: > Can someone show me a quick example of what huffman coding does in C ? ...

To Code or Not to Code?
Just read a paper with the very interesting title, "To code or not to code: lossy source-channel communication revisited", Gastpar et al, IEEE Trans Information Theory, May 2003, p 1147. It's available for free here... http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~gastpar/01197846.pdf As far as I can tell, the idea is that although source and channel coding can be separated without loss of optimality (Shannon) it can be overly complex, and less complex systems can get close to this opimality by combining source and channel coding, or at least matching them in some way. This sounds like a pret...

huffman coding over and over again
Is it possible to do huffman coding over and over again? Maybe try to flip the even or odd bits between each recoding? Maybe try other transformations between each coding to shuffle the data so it seems as if it's a new piece of data so it can be recoded again. When we want to decompress the data, we would do a huffman decode then shuffle it back to the way it was, then decode again...etc... Is it possible? Thanks Rich Koup wrote: > Is it possible to do huffman coding over and over again? Maybe try to flip > the even or odd bits between each recoding? Maybe try other transfo...

how does huffman coding compression for image work
could anyone please explain to me how does the mapping part in huffman coding and decoding for image compression work. i am not being able to get how it works thank you On 4/20/2011 10:11 PM, Himanshu Mahajan wrote: > could anyone please explain to me how does the mapping part > in huffman coding and decoding for image compression work. > i am not being able to get how it works > thank you I would imagine that the idea is as follows: Find the frequency of each pixel in the image, generate the frequency table, code the most frequent pixels using the smallest binary code. This...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

Huffman-Code
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has ever implemented the famous Huffman-Code with Scilab. Best regards, J=FCrgen In Scilab I'm not aware of any existing implementation (apart from SIP that uses Huffman codes to compress images, probably in C) but I have not searched thoroughly. A way to go could be to translate Matlab implementations for Huffman codes, such as: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=4900&objectType=file http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=2818&objectType=FILE Scilab has an automatic translator that should be able to do the work for you. Cheers, Francois Thanks a lot for your hint. I forgot to look at the Matlab-ressources. Have to see, if I can put those M-files to work. Have a nice weekend, J=FCrgen ...

huffman code
hi, i need a computer program(MATLAB) that generates Huffman codes for a source alphabet (word file) thanx sir, ...

image compression using huffman coding
im looking for image compression code using huffman code.could anyone please help me thanking in advance ...

Analysing actual compressed data of a block with dynamic Huffman coding
I am learning the following spec by analyzing a sample of a file compressed with gzip. Network Working Group P. Deutsch Request for Comments: 1951 Aladdin Enterprises Category: Informational May 1996 DEFLATE Compressed Data Format Specification version 1.3 Full hex data of compressed file and original file are both given at bottom of this post. I give the part that is already decoded first, then describe the part that I am trying to figure out, but have questions. After Huffman decoding of creating the code length symbol (CLS) table, it's found that: CLS0 is represente...

Huffman coding #7
Hello everybody, Fast m-script Huffman Encoder released at: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=21613&objectType=file Best regards, Bodorin ...

Huffman coding #8
I have matlab 2013b and some of the syntaxes dont work on it when i am trying to write a program, so sometimes your help section doesnt help me when you give me a syntax... I have this assignment that i really need some help with... Huffman coding was applied to compress a pcm.wav file. 1. A pcm.wav file was read into vector y; 2. Y was quantized into 8 levels (levels 0-7) using uniform quantization; The data was converted to binary and saved. 3. The probability of each symbol (8 symbol: level 0-7); the Huffman tree was constructed and the entropy of the source was calculated. 4. The symbols were encoded and form the compressed bit stream. This was then saved. 5. The coding efficiency was calculated and the compression ratio compared with PCM encoding. Desperately need help...i tried for days to write this and it still dont work... "tresha " <treshaknight@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:klts09$dm0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > I have matlab 2013b No, you don't. That hasn't been released yet. You may have release R2013a or release R2012b, but not release R2013b. > ? and some of the syntaxes dont work on it when i am trying to write a > program, so sometimes your help section doesnt help me when you give me a > syntax... I have this assignment that i really need some help with... > > Huffman coding was applied to compress a pcm.wav file. > 1. A pcm.wav file was read into vector y; > 2. Y was qu...

huffman coding #3
pleaze send me "huffman coding in pascal". ...

huffman coding matlab
anyone know about the compression image coding using matlab huffman? On Aug 5, 2:50=A0am, "rizqi " <rizqi.hendr...@gmail.com> wrote: > anyone know about the compression image coding using matlab huffman? yes, me ...

huffman coding #2
hi, i need a computer program(MATLAB) that generates Huffman codes for a source alphabet (word file) thanx sir, Have you looked for it in MATLAB File Exchange? JFK zarqween wrote: > > > hi, > i need a computer program(MATLAB) that generates Huffman codes for > a > source alphabet (word file) > thanx sir, ...

huffman coding finding
i cannot find any huffman coding with simulink..i really dont know how to link M-file with simulink..any one really to help ...

Huffman coding-reg
Dear Sir, I want the program of Huffman coding, which displays the output as “Hello” and automatically when it displays the output, it should even display its Huffman code-word. I’ll be very much thankful, if you can mail me the program at the earliest. With Kind Regards, Karthik.G Mail id: karthikgmy@gmail.com ...

huffman coding 23567
hi all i am Ramakrishna jetty. i doing my M.Tech project in the fields of cryptography and data compressions. IN my project in coming audio speech signal i divided into 17 bands and quantization of each band.After quantization i need to implement Huffman coding(like MPEG codic). i have problem Huffman coding can constructed by two ways.first one is ( two pass) first calculate probability of code alpha beta.then construct Huffman coding.second one is adaptive Huffman coding. i dot know which one useful sub band speech codic.if you know about this please help me.whi...

modified huffman code
Can any one tell me the algorithm for decoding the modified huffman code(using white codes and black codes) ...

Huffman Code #4
Hello all, I am trying to get Huffman code for a 1x127 matrix that i have . The matrix is named "amp" I would like some help and advice on how to encode this matrix (actually it is a row) using Huffman. Thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - A quantum analog of Huffman coding vs. a Huffman coding - comp.compression

History of quantum mechanics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in order to explain the photoelectric effect previously reported by Heinrich Hertz in 1887, postulated consistently with Max Planck's quantum ...

Red State, Blue State. Colored by a @DwaveSys quantum computer:https://www.flickr.com/photos/jurvetson/25473684712/ ...
... photo: I saw this four-colored map of U.S. counties in the latest board pack. D-Wave embedded this map-coloring problem into a prototype quantum ...

Sydney University to open Nanoscience Hub for the quantum technologies of the future
The coming scientific revolution will make today's supercomputers seem sluggish.

Review: Philips 27-inch Quantum Dot monitor promises greater color accuracy and clarity
I had never heard of quantum dot display technology until Philips announced their new E6 monitor. Touting to be the world’s first quantum dot ...

Philips Begins Shipments of LCD Monitors with Quantum Dot Technology
TPV Technology, the company that produces monitors under Philips brand, has started to sell displays with QD Vision’s Color IQ quantum dot technology. ...

‘Quantum Break’ could be the future of crossover entertainment
From the moment I laid eyes on Quantum Break , I wasn't sure what to think about it. I knew that its creators had a great pedigree, but I couldn't ...

Quantum mechanics is so weird that scientists need AI to choose the experiments
Researchers at the University of Vienna have designed an algorithm that helps design experiments in quantum optics.

Does an IT Quantum Leap Lie Ahead?
... recent developments and physics also demonstrate that nature supports the instantaneous transmittal of infor­mation — a phenomenon called quantum ...

Pin back your lugholes, here's the Quantum Break soundtrack
Microsoft has released the Quantum Break soundtrack for free on Soundcloud , and it’s surprisingly great. Big budget games have a habit of thinking ...

Quantum dot display component and lighting market to reach US$10.8 billion by 2026, says research firm ...
The overall quantum dot display component and lighting and QLED market will surpass US$2 billion by 2017, and reach US$10.8 billion by 2026, ...