Zip-Ada is a portable and standalone library for dealing with
the Zip compressed archive file format.
Web site: http://unzip-ada.sf.net
You'll perhaps be interested by the new package LZMA.Encoding,
which does the whole "MA" part of LZMA compression in less than
400 lines - when comments are removed. But the comments might
be of interest as well if you want to understand LZMA...
The code can be browsed here:
Gautier's Ada programming
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address
* Changes in '51', 27-Aug-2016:
- LZMA.Encoding has been added; it is a standalone compressor,
see lzma_enc.adb for an example of use.
- Zip.Compress provides now LZMA_1, LZMA_2 methods. In other words, you
can use the LZMA compression with Zip.Create.
- Zip.Compress has also a "Preselection" method that selects
a compression method depending on hints like the uncompressed size.
- Zip.Compress.Deflate: Deflate_1 .. Deflate_3 compression is
* Changes in '50', 31-Mar-2016:
- Zip.Compress.Shrink is slightly faster
- Zip.Compress.Deflate has new compression features:
- Deflate_Fixed is much faster, with slightly better compression
- Deflate_1 was added: strength similar to zlib, level 6
- Deflate_2 was added: strength similar to zlib, level 9
- Deflate_3 was added: strength similar to 7-Zip, method=deflate, level 5
* Changes in '49', 21-Mar-2015:
- encryption implemented (portable Zip 2.0 encryption scheme)