DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor released

DICOM Tool Inc. released DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM
Anonymizer&Masker 1.10 and PACS Health Monitor 1.01.

Please use the installer at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe for
30-day full functional trial, it is latest DICOM Detective Enterprise
with DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor. Please use
"EVALUATION" as product key,  if any problem, please contact
service@dicomtool.com.

The tools are tested and used in their daily work by:
         Siemens AG
         Medical Solutions
        MED IKM IQ CCC
         Connectivity Competence Center
         Hartmannstr. 16
         91052 Erlangen, Germany

If you are our DICOM Detective (Base) commercial/non-commercial user,
you could update to the latest version 1.15 for free. Please contact
us. If you want to upgrade to DICOM Detective Enterprise, please also
contact us for detail.

The most powerful DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00 is now released with
following new features (additional features to DICOM Detective
(Base)).

..Supports WinPcap packets Capture, analyzes data while capturing
(Dynamic Analyze).
..Support remote capture of WinPcap.
..Support Gateway Capture for devices that cannot install capturing
software.
..Dynamic dump DICOM info to text file while DICOM transferring.
..Dynamic gathering data transmission rate, patient transmission rate,
study transmission rate, series transmission rate, image transmission
rate and frame transmission rate etc. while DICOM transferring. You
can use this feature to measure the DICOM network performance on line.
..Statistics Views for capture file to show data transmission rate,
patient transmission rate, study transmission rate, series
transmission rate, image transmission rate and frame transmission rate
etc. You can use this feature to measure the DICOM network performance
off line.
..Show transmission rates dynamically in tables and a line chart.
..Show network interface status dynamically.
..Records DICOM network transmission rates in history files and show
the history of transmission rates in line chart.
..Inserting/Deleting/Editing DICOM elements (include sequence elements)
for capture file.
..Inserting/Deleting/Editing DICOM elements (include sequence elements)
for DICOM file.
..Time display format selection (Sec.since beginning of capture, YYY-
MM- DD HH:MM:SS.M and Sec. since Epoch(1970-01-01)) for capture file.
..New file format supported: Accenlent 5views capture, Wireshark =96
nanosecond libpcap, Wireshark big-endian libpcap.
..Option to open capture file directly if only one connection.
..Option to skip error message while opening capture file.
..Command line for exporting txt, DVT script and MergeDPM User Info.

DICOM Detective is also available in U3 format, ready to be integrated
to any U3-compatible USB key (Please refer to http://www.u3.com). With
DICOM Detective U3, users of DICOM Detective can do DICOM
troubleshooting on any computer. DICOM Detective U3 can be download at
http://www.dicomtool.com/DDU3.u3p.(Rename the file name to DDU3.u3p,
if the downloaded file becomes zip file)

DICOM Anonymizer&Masker can remove all personal identifying
information from DICOM file. It allows:

..Anonymize any Data Element: user can define a list of elements to be
anonymized.
..Rich anonymization methods: delete, insert, replace, numbering label
or make initial for person name, offset date and time, move date and
time to now or January 1st, round age to age group, and dynamic
generate UID, etc.
..Anonymize annotations burned in image pixels and/or overlays: user
can specify different anonymization region for different images/
overlays (specified by a series of criteria, e.g. Modality=3DCT,
Rows=3D512 etc.). It can even anonymize pixel data/overlays embedded in
a sequence element.
..Support RLE, Jpeg compressed images.
..Optionally delete all private elements and/or all overlay elements.
..Optionally anonymize all person name element with defined methods.
..Anonymize single files, directory, subdirectory and DICOMDIR and keep
them consistent.
..Anonymize file names and folder names.
..Anonymize XML file.
..Export/import anonymization templates.
..Export/import anonymization value maps.
..Rich log to tell you which element and what value is anonymized from
and to.
..Autocomplete DICOM dictionary lookup.

The PACS Health Monitor is a lightweight software tool that monitoring
the connectivity and performance of modalities, servers and
workstations in the PACS network. The basic mechanism of The PACS
Health Monitor is that it pings and DICOM verifies the DICOM hosts and
applications over the PACS network periodically to measure, record and
report the connectivity and performance. To use the PACS Health
Monitor, you need not additional modification/configuration to the
DICOM hosts and applications. You just run the PACS Health Monitor in
a PC that belongs to the PACS network, and it will measure, record and
report the connectivity and performance for you automatically.

Enjoy it.

Best Regards,

Wang Jianhong
DICOM Tool
http://www.dicomtool.com
0
service (2)
9/8/2010 5:25:08 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

PACS / DICOM and Release of Information
Hello everyone, Just a quick question.. what's the current precendence for retrieving information from a PACS in an ROI (Release of Information) situation. Such as, when a plaintiff requests a complete medical record in the discovery phase of a legal proceeding, how do hospitals typically handle this request as it pertains to DICOM data? How is the data delivered? Printed, Digital, etc? Thanks! Brad ...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

DICOM IMAGE COMPRESSION #2
Why do JPEG2000 of dicom image fail..........Plz give some reasons......becoz whenever i try to compress my DICOM image to JPEG2000 fromat ,then every time compression get fail. nitin gupta wrote: > Why do JPEG2000 of dicom image fail..........Plz give some > reasons......becoz whenever i try to compress my DICOM image to > JPEG2000 fromat ,then every time compression get fail. Don't you think that a few more details would be nice, e.g. which DICOM toolkit are you using? Regards, J=F6rg Riesmeier ...

ANN: ActivePython 2.3.2 & 2.2.3 bug fix releases
Bug fix releases for ActivePytyhon 2.3 and 2.2 are now available at: http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/ These releases are: ActivePython 2.3.2 build 232 for Windows ActivePython 2.3.2 build 231 for Linux and Solaris ActivePython 2.2.3 build 227 for Windows ActivePython 2.2.3 build 226 for Linux and Solaris Significant changes include upgrading the Windows installers with Mark Hammond's latest PyWin32 builds and fixing a bug in the Linux and Solaris builds whereby Tkinter support was absent. See the release notes for more information: http://aspn....

Java Dicom Buddy 4.2 beta released
Hello all, I recently released a new version of my humble hobby application: Java Dicom Buddy (https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdicom-buddy/) This application allows to search for DICOM tag basic properties given its name or the tag value: it gives the VM and VR of the tag. I created this first because I needed it when working with DVTk script files. It's based on dcm4che dictionary. I've tested it on Linux and Windows XP (I had a problem on one of my XP machine, the application couldn't start, still investigating). All feedback is welcome. Regards, Fabien ...

Re: &&&&&& #2
Alan, I disagree with that statement. I think the best solution would be to build the dang thing the way he want with less macros. By sending your code out then back in is in MO to much hassel for too little. the whole thingy could be done like this: data one ; flower = 'Daisy' ; color = 'Yellow' ; run ; data two ; set one ; call symput ( compress('text'||_n_),compbl(flower||'='||color) ) ; call symput ( 'index' , compress(_n_) ) ; run ; %put &&text&index ; Toby Dunn From: Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET> Reply-To: A...

pacs/dicom
I am a experienced of computer science and have studied abdout DICOM and PACS teorically,but now I am to strat developing a PACS practically....what I would like to know is that; what I should do step by step ...if you have any information about it please inform me...thanks a lot. ...

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

PACS and DICOM
The image modality (e.g. CT Scanner) encodes images into what format? What does the modality invoke to move the image? ...

OsiriX 2.5, open source DICOM viewer, Pre-Release version !
Discover a pre-release of OsiriX version 2.5 ! Download it here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/osirix/OsiriX25b13.zip?download Final version available in 2-3 weeks ! New features of version 2.5: - New Q&R Interface - Better Rebuild function - Faster MIP for Intel processors (SSE) - DICOM Structured Report (DICOM SR) - Faster navigation in DB (> 10'000 studies and > 1million of images) - Faster displaying of large images - Export images as Quicktime or JPEG directly from Database window - ITK 2.8.1 - Add HTML versions of the images when burning DICOM CDs - Support SUV for PET images from Philips (CNTS Units) About OsiriX... OsiriX is an image processing software dedicated to DICOM images (".dcm" / ".DCM" extension) produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT, PET, PET-CT, ...) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format). It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG, PDF, AVI, MPEG and Quicktime. It is fully compliant with the DICOM standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP - Service Class Provider, STORE SCU - Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve) . OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization of multimodality and multidimensional images: 2D Viewer, 3D Viewer, 4D Viewer (3D series with temporal dimensio...

QStudio for Java Enterprise 2.0 released #2
QA Systems has now released version 2.0 of QStudio for Java Enterprise. Version 2.0 has various major enhancements including support for Enterprise Java Bean compliance, the ability to analyze incomplete Java source bases and a greatly simplified installation procedure. The ability to analyze incomplete source bases is a particulary powerful feature as it means that analysis can take place at the subproject level providing support across very large projects. When the analyzer hits files missing declaration information that cannot be resolved due to missing files/classes, it determines which rules can still be applied despite the missing information and applies those only. In practice this means that up to 80% of the rules can still be applied despite incomplete source trees. QStudio for Java Enterprise is the enterprise strength team-based solution that allows software developers and software process managers (project managers and QA managers) to automate and coordinate software quality control and multiple coding standards across multiple projects. QStudio for Java Enterprise provides (in addition to all single user Pro functionality): - Enterprise-level and role based control and reporting on quality metrics (ISO 9126 conforming) - Compliance analysis of the source code to quality standards using an explicit quality model - Conformance to selectable departmental and project related coding standards - Trend analysis based on formal milestone creation showing the quality ...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Get a dicom File from PACS, add a PDF File and then Upload Again to the PACS
Hello, I need to get a DICOM FILE (*.dcm) using a study UID or Accession Number, I need to get it to the local machine from a remote PACS Server machine, modify it adding a PDF Report using PDF2DCM and then Re Upload the new Dicom File using some DCTMK tool. I have no experience using this tools but, I'm trying it ;-) Thanks so much. On 27 oct, 09:31, Alejandro Fern=E1ndez <alejandrofernandezru...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I need to get a DICOM FILE (*.dcm) using a study UID or Accession > Number, I need to get it to the local machine from a remote PACS > Server machine, modify it adding a PDF Report using PDF2DCM and then > Re Upload the new Dicom File using some DCTMK tool. > > I have no experience using this tools but, I'm trying it ;-) > > Thanks so much. I don't understand why you need to get the Dicom file from the PACS and replace it by a PDF. Also, I don't think you can add a PDF without losing the original image's PixelData. Anyway, you can convert the PDF file to Dicom using pdf2dcm, this will create a new Dicom file. Now, you have to add all the needed data to make the new file related to the original study, such as StudyInstanceUID, AccessionNumber, PatientID, PatientName and some other useful data, using dcmodify (also from dcmtk), then you can send the new file to the PACS using storescu (again, from dcmtk). To know StudyInstanceUID, PatientID, etc, you can do a...

&#1075;&#1076;&#1077; &#1089;&#1085;&#1103;&#1090;&#1100; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;& #2
'[image: http://spy-soft-phone.com/sosihuy/1678.jpg ]' (http://93.174.88.196/kupit-putanu.php) &#1089;&#1085;&#1103;&#1090;&#1100; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1089;&#1090;&#1080;&#1090;&#1091;&#1090;&#1082;&#1091; &#1082;&#1072;&#1083;&#1091;&#1075;&#1072; &#1080;&#1085;&#1090;&#1080;&#1084; &#1091;&#1089;&#1083;&#1091;&#1075;&#1080; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1082;&#1086;&#1087;&#1100;&#1077;&#1074;&#1089;&#108...

Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT
Hi to all, Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it! If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full list or if anyone has any helpful resources on Dicom RT files (there is more than enough on just standard dicom!) I would really appreciate it. I would like to do some serious background reading into this variant of standard dicom. thank you for you time and inputs, Colin ...

JPEG Compression in DICOM
HI all, There are so many transfer syntax in JPEG excluding JPEG 2000 and JPEG-LS..E.g JPEG Baseline(process 1), JPEG extended([prcoess 2 & 400, JPEG extended(3 & 5) , JPEG Spectral selection,non-heirerchial(prcoess 6 & 8) and many..How does they differ?? What does process numbers mean?? Are there any material about these different processes.. Regards Gurikar wrote: > HI all, > There are so many transfer syntax in JPEG excluding JPEG 2000 and > JPEG-LS..E.g > JPEG Baseline(process 1), JPEG extended([prcoess 2 & 400, JPEG > extended(3 & 5) , JPEG Spectral selection,non-heirerchial(prcoess 6 & > 8) and many..How does they differ?? What does process numbers mean?? > Are there any material about these different processes.. > > Regards Hi Only JPEG processes 1,2,4 and 14 are currently defined in DICOM; the others were retired long ago since they were never used. The process numbers are actually not defined in ISO 10918-1, but rather in the conformance part in ISO 10918-2, and it is a little odd to reference them that way, but that is how it was done so we have to live with it. In essence these are lossy DCT sequential Huffman 8 and 12 bits, and lossless Huffman. See the current (2004) edition of PS 3.5 Annex F. None of this applies to JPEG-LS and JPEG 2000, which are completely different standards. David PS. Before you ask, no there are not free online copies of ISO ...

Introduction to DICOM - Chapter III
http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/introduction-to-dicom-chapter-iii-dicom.html ...

DICOM vs .. "raw DICOM" ?
I'm looking at this sentence: "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet medical digital communication standards " It comes from here: http://www.gehealthcare.com/euen/ultrasound/ultrasound-it/echopac-pc/index.html And all I can think is .. "Wait, what?" What exactly is the difference? What do they _mean_ ? Hello Trevoke, Trevoke wrote: > "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet > medical digital communication standards " DICOM or raw DICOM... wait, _what_? ;o) > What exactly is the > difference? What do they _mean_ ? Probably the author of this sentence is referring to storage of private information as DICOM Raw Data IOD. Just guessing: This may refer 3D Ultrasound data which is described in Supplement 43. Supplement 43 was released in April 2009 and defines: Enhanced US Volume Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.2 Arterial Pulse Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.5.1 Respiratory Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.6.1 General Audio Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.4.2 Maybe Supp. 43 was released too late for the device discussed on this page to make its objects Supplement 43 compliant. Thus it stores the "modern" data objects not in Enhanced Ultrasound IOD but as DICOM Raw Data instead. DICOM Raw Data IOD has the advantage over private IODs that Storage and Retrieval can be ensured in a "Store-an...

DICOM RT #2
Hello there, Is there a way how one can convert a matlab matrix data file into a DICOM RT file. Thank you and best regards. Kavuma ...

information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report
Hello, Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her focntion ? i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM structured report ? DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 or not ? i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. Thanks On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? > i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). > But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her > focntion ? > =A0i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? > > and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM > structured report ? =A0 DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 > or not ? > > i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. > > Thanks Hi, Please go through this site and you will find lots of presentation on Structured Reporting. I think it will help you regards Nagaraj ...

DICOM PACS RIS HIS
Hello everyone I would like to know the structure of a hospital network that is to say, the liason between modality, PACS, RIS and HIS that is to say the organization of this connection so I need your help to know the algorithm exchange between modalities and PACS thank you for your help ...

Matlab & DICOM
Does anyone know how well Matlab (when combined with the Image Processing Toolbox) can import DICOM images? Thanks JG Hi James, It works well altough the querying of tags is extremely slow. About 1s/file which is a killer in big datasets. Soren jamesgilroy2@hotmail.com (James Gilroy) wrote in message news:<6d7b10b3.0411151227.61311965@posting.google.com>... > Does anyone know how well Matlab (when combined with the Image > Processing Toolbox) can import DICOM images? > > Thanks > > JG ...

DICOM images #2
Dear community, I tried to open the sample 'brain_001.dcm' file provided by MATLAB. All the specific parameters were successfully loaded to the workspace However, when I tried to display the images with: figure, imshow (Y,[]) with Y= 4-D unit16 the following error message occcurs: Undefined command/function 'iptchecknargin' Error in montage>parse_inputs at 89 itpchecknargin(1,2,nargin,mfilename); Error in montage>parse_inputs at 38 [a,cm]= parse_inputs(varagin{:}); I am currently using Matlab 7.2 (R2006a) Any suggestions? Best,Lars ...

DICOM-RT #2
Hi. I'm trying to showing dose distribution from a brachytherapy planning system (Variseed). I' could export dicom files and dicom structure and dose. When I tried to reading DO.dcm file dicomread ('DO.dcm') the error message 'Unsupported bit depth 32.' has been shown. Could anyone tell me how to read dicom-rt file? Thank you. ...

Web resources about - DICOM Detective Enterprise 2.00, DICOM Anonymizer&Masker and PACS Health Monitor released - comp.compression