Literature on AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)

Sirs,

Can anyone help me with a pointer to where I can purchase a good book
on Advanced Audio Coding, AAC?

--
Best regards,
Anders Buvarp

0
Anders
6/28/2003 12:06:07 AM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Compression Algorithm and code for text and audio compression needed
Hi ! Can any one help me out with huffmans adaptive code for text compression code for my project. and also i need to know audio compression algorithms can i use huffmans and lzw or lzs for it and if yes where can i find the code for it. Alien wrote: > Hi ! > Can any one help me out with huffmans adaptive code for text > compression code for my project. and also i need to know audio > compression algorithms can i use huffmans and lzw or lzs for it and if > yes where can i find the code for it. Audio compression is generally lossy. You can listen to some examples of compresse...

i want matlab code to compress audio(.wav file) using wavelet transform
hello i want a matlab code to compress audio data (.wav file) using wavelet toolbox. please mail me it within next weeks. my mail id is ''ninad1_jinagare@yahoo.co.in ...

AAC compression chips? Other compression chips?
Dear All, I'm looking for inexpensive hardware solution (chips) to encode groups of 6 channel 44/48k signals into streams of preferably AAC. Or WMA or MP3 or AC-3 if it is simpler. The idea is that signal is input as regular 48k/24bit pcm, than the user can select compression DR (eg 64kbps for 12 channels or 128kpbs for 6 channels) and the circuit will spit out serial encoded data in a RS422 like format to be tranmitted through a radio link. At the receiving end a decoder would reverse the above, I can see quite a few decoder chips. Is there an audio encoder chip out there? (other t...

Digitial Audio Compression (MP3, AAC): Floating Point inputs better than integer imputs?
Digital Audio Compression (MP3, AAC): Floating Point inputs better than integer inputs? -- Both formats seem to be able to handle floating point audio inputs (32, 24, 20 & 18 bits) -- with the ability to decode to fixed integer outputs (16 bits, 18 bits or possibly 20 bits). -- What is the current "state of the art" on this issue? PS: Do not forget that NICAM used [minimally complex] methods to compress [floating point] digital audio as far back as 1982. NICAM's spectral efficiency was not good enough to get it included in the DVB-T or DVB-S standard however, as Music...

Image compression code to compress JPEG file
hi, currently a scanned document in JPEG format is occupying around 350KB space. I need a compression code which reduces disk space from 350KB to around 50KB. code may be in VB6 (preferrably). please help me out. its pretty urgent. shwetha Hi, > currently a scanned document in JPEG format is occupying around 350KB > space. I need a compression code which reduces disk space from 350KB > to around 50KB. code may be in VB6 (preferrably). please help me out. > its pretty urgent. If this document is a black and white "line art" type writer document, then I afraid you'...

Audio compression
Hi guys! I'm making a work for the DSP course. my goal is to dividing the audio signal to stationary parts. please help me to find matlab codes of followings methods: Zero crossing method, Compute the Short-Time Energy of a signal, or any other methods to find stationary parts in .wav file Thanks in advance. ...

Audio Compression
Sir, I am udhay. I am a student and i am working on Audio compression for my exam. I want to know how does the compression take place in audio?? I have doubt in human earing capacity.The maximun hearing capacity of a human is 20-20khz. if a take a sample wave file,its coming around 40khz. what it mean? can anyone help me to clear this doubt.. udhay "Udhay" <udhyakumarm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174883039.401672.90880@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Sir, > > I am udhay. I am a student and i am working on Audio compression for > my exam. > > ...

Need help running audio scanner/advanced audio equalizer?
Im trying to run this ( http://mtg.upf.edu/static/mass/software/index.htm ) program. It doesnt seem to work when I import into matlab. You can download the demo from their website and try it out. Help would be appreciated On Apr 12, 7:44=A0am, "Jae " <pppeeep...@gmail.com> wrote: > Im trying to run this (http://mtg.upf.edu/static/mass/software/index.htm)= program. It doesnt seem to work when I import into matlab. You can downloa= d the demo from their website and try it out. Help would be appreciated Then contact whoever made the software for help. Rune Rune Allnor <...

ANY FREE Compress Code / Component, with Working RB Code?? HELP
Hi, Although I'm currently working on a couple of possible solutions for this, I've spent days going round in circles. Has ANYONE got ANY code which will allow me to uncompress an archive using RB 5.5 Code? I don't want to pay or have users pay. Surely this can't be too much to ask?? -- Thanx Peter In article <42b2e397$0$301$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>, "Peter" <peter@anon.com> wrote: > Has ANYONE got ANY code which will allow me to uncompress an archive using > RB 5.5 Code? > > I don't want t...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

audio compression
Has anyone worked with Ogg/Vorbis audio compression in Forth yet? I'm looking for embedded solutions, not code running on a PC. Gary Bergstrom Gary Bergstrom wrote: > Has anyone worked with Ogg/Vorbis audio compression in Forth yet? > I'm looking for embedded solutions, not code running on a PC. > > > Gary Bergstrom Is there any collection of FORTH routines dealing with audio in general. My immediate interest would be routines for: 1. reading .WAV files and audio CD's 2. writing .WAV files 3. FFT/IFFT of fixed length ( preferably 4096 ) with "real only&q...

Why is this code not the same as that code?
---- this code* ---- procedure TChatForm.FileListenItemClick(Sender: TObject); begin FileListenItem.Checked := not FileListenItem.Checked; if FileListenItem.Checked then begin ClientSocket.Active := False; ServerSocket.Active := True; Statusbar1.Panels[0].Text := 'Listening...'; end else begin if ServerSocket.Active then ServerSocket.Active := False; Statusbar1.Panels[0].Text := ''; end; end; procedure TChatForm.FileConnectItemClick(Sender: TObject); begin if ClientSocket.Active then ClientSocket.Active := False; if InputQuery('Computer to connect to', 'Address Name:', Server) then if Length(Server) > 0 then begin clientsocket.Host := Server; clientsocket.Active := True; FileListenItem.Checked := False; end; end; ------------------ ---- that code* --- procedure TChatForm.FileListenItemClick(Sender: TObject); begin FileListenItem.Checked := not FileListenItem.Checked; if FileListenItem.Checked then begin ClientSocket.Active := False; ServerSocket.Active := True; Statusbar1.Panels[0].Text := 'Listening...'; end else begin if ServerSocket.Active then ServerSocket.Active := False; Statusbar1.Panels[0].Text := ''; end; end; procedure TChatForm.FileConnectItemClick(Sender: TObject); begin if ClientSocket.Active then ClientSocket.Active := False; if Input...

[...]

To Code or Not to Code?
Just read a paper with the very interesting title, "To code or not to code: lossy source-channel communication revisited", Gastpar et al, IEEE Trans Information Theory, May 2003, p 1147. It's available for free here... http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~gastpar/01197846.pdf As far as I can tell, the idea is that although source and channel coding can be separated without loss of optimality (Shannon) it can be overly complex, and less complex systems can get close to this opimality by combining source and channel coding, or at least matching them in some way. This sounds like a pret...

Audio Compression...
Alright, I'm a bit confused on this... In a 44,100hz 16-bit mono channel, there's approximately 1,740,509,884,615,490,592,578 different audio possibilities per 10,000th of a second (88,200 / 10,000 = 8.82 | 256^8.82). I know the human ear couldn't differentiate even a fraction of this many possibilities... even in an ENTIRE SECOND. So, with this stated... am I wrong to assume that there's still ALOT to be gained in lossy audio compression? Or, am I'm referencing to something that would be more of trying to index all those audio possibilities? Even if we only had ...

Coding to the ][, Coding to the ///?
Now that I've gotten some very limited /// stuff running (thanks to MESS)...I've been thinking of trying to code to the ///. Fortunately, getting software to the emulated /// is a snap. I'd just use the same strategy as I use for the ][, using the emulated ][+ from ApplePC. Save to a ProDOS disk, boot on the ///. The questions become a bit more complex here. 1. I assume the 40x24 text mode works similarly to the ][. Running on MESS, part of the text screen would periodically get "colorized", and I suspect the color memory is stored on text page 2. This woul...

generating VHDL code from Matlab code for DSP
Is there a way of generating VHDL code from Matlab code for DSP, more precisely image processing using wavelet transform? I want to implement a small 8X8 image processing layout that will use wavelet transform and it is not easy to come up with the VHDL code for that. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks, Dan "EEngineer" <maricic@gmail.com> writes: > Is there a way of generating VHDL code from Matlab code for DSP, more > precisely image processing using wavelet transform? > I want to implement a small 8X8 image processing layout that will use > wavelet tr...

re:request for matlab code-3D spiht image compression MATLAB CODE
hi, This is praneeth doing my final year request you send me the amtlab code for the project titled '3D spiht image compression '. I like to do this project and working for it .Please make sure that it is posted as earlier as possible. thanking you praneeth This is not a place to come and request people to do your work for you. ...

Speech audio file format, processing, archives and audio file reading codes/libraries
What is the current trend in using the audio file format ... aiff, mp3, wav ... ? What are the commercial speech recognition systems like Nuance or Google API .... use? Are there any archives, where one can download recorded speech files? Finally, any codes (C++ or whatever)/libraries for reading audio files so these can be processed? Thanks On 1/21/2015 12:18 PM, speech2020@gmail.com wrote: > What is the current trend in using the audio file format ... aiff, mp3, wav ... ? That would be WAV. It contains the most information and is therefore larger. If file size is a co...

US-CA: Milpitas-Audio Firmware Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Audio Firmware Developer - Audio Codecs, AAC, AC3, MP3,... Job Location: CA: Milpitas Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-16 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: email...

Speech audio file format, procesing, archives and common audio file reading codes/libraries
What is the current trend in using the audio file format ... aiff, mp3, wav ... ? What are the commercial speech recognition systems like Nuance or Google API .... uses? Are there any archives, one can download recorded speech files? Finally, any codes (C++ or whatever)/libraries for reading audio files so these can be processed? Thanks ...

Help with audio code
Hi, I am working on a project and I have 2 microphones connected to a matlab function and outputting to audio device: (from audio device 1)----u1 MATLAB function-----To audio device (from audio device 2)----u2 This alone is working, but inside the function I am trying to make a simple operation like this: x=u1; y=u2; x=x-mean(x); y=y-mean(y); and the system gives me the error : Size mismatch (size 1024 x 2 ~= size 1 x 2) This is strange because I tested this with simple sin waves(with different phases and amplitudes) and it worked... ...

Audio Compression #2
Sir, I am udhay. I am a student and i am working on Audio compression for my exam. I want to know how does the compression take place in audio?? I have doubt in human earing capacity.The maximun hearing capacity of a human is 20-20khz. if a take a sample wave file,its coming around 40khz. what it mean? can anyone help me to clear this doubt.. udhay On Mar 26, 12:25 am, "Udhay" <udhyakum...@gmail.com> wrote: > Sir, some of the ladies that follow this newsgroup might be offended by the assumption. (but then again, i dunno specifically who they are.) > I am udhay....

Web resources about - Literature on AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) - comp.compression

Literature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Classic of Rites ( Chinese : 禮 記 ; pinyin : Lǐjì ), an ancient Chinese text. Certain definitions of literature have taken it to include all ...

Getting a good night's sleep, a literature review
Develop a good night routine and your body will thank you in the morning.

Experience literature in a new, interactive way with iClassics
... Just click here if you cannot view it: Terrific experience This collection of apps brings a fantastic, interactive experience to superb literature. ...

J.K. Rowling Compares Trump To Most Hated Character In Literature. Guess Who She Said Is Worse.
J.K. Rowling Compares Trump To Most Hated Character In Literature. Guess Who She Said Is Worse.

A doctor’s mission: Showing why literature matters to medicine
... doctors,” says Dr. John Harper. Jae S. Lee/Staff Photographer Cardiologist Dr. John Harper believes physicians benefit from the arts and literature. ...

Indian author Anuradha Roy's 'Sleeping on Jupiter' wins DSC Prize for South Asian Literature
Indian author Anuradha Roy's 'Sleeping on Jupiter' wins DSC Prize for South Asian Literature - DSC Prize for South Asian Literature is an established ...

This Fun Literature Project Replaces Google Ads With Short Stories
... More likely than not, any ads that pop up next to your search will (hopefully) be related to short stories, or fall within the realm of literature ...

Graphic Novelist Gene Luen Yang Named National Ambassador for Young People's Literature
Early morning January 4, 2016, it was announced that National Book Award finalist (2013, 2006) and Printz award winner Gene Luen Yang was chosen ...

4 Critical Life Lessons From 4 Works of Literature - Meira Bienstock
Life is a chaotic carousel constantly spinning and it's our job to learn how to grab ahold of the moving poles because the carousel never stops. ...

‘Pro-IS outfit leader turned to jihadi literature after losing job’
A resident of Mumbra in Thane, Mudabbir completed BCom from a college in Nagpada, central Mumbai, in 2003, and while in college attended a web ...