Maximumcompression.com updated

Hello,

I'm pleased to inform you the Maximum Compression site has finaly been
updated. The following programs are added :

- Durilca 0.1a  (now takes first place in best overall compression program)
- Epm r7 (now takes second place in best overall compression program;  could
  have been first, but unfortunately the program crashes on the txt file test).
- PPMY v2.02 (9A8)
- Bee 0.7.6d
- Winrar 3.20
- lzop 1.01
- WinZip 9.0 Beta
- PAQ1SSE / PAQ2
- 7-zip 2.30b32
- BMF 2.0

For a quick overview of the results look at the Summary page of the site. Enjoy!!

http://www.maximumcompression.com/

Regards,
Werner Bergmans

0
wbergmns (10)
7/1/2003 1:54:30 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Fulcrum" <wbergmns@dse.nl> wrote in message news:<qogMa.524261$122.49436011@amsnews02.chello.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I'm pleased to inform you the Maximum Compression site has finaly been
> updated. The following programs are added :
>
> - Durilca 0.1a  (now takes first place in best overall compression program)
> - Epm r7 (now takes second place in best overall compression program;  could
>   have been first, but unfortunately the program crashes on the txt file test).
> - PPMY v2.02 (9A8)
> - Bee 0.7.6d
> - Winrar 3.20
> - lzop 1.01
> - WinZip 9.0 Beta
> - PAQ1SSE / PAQ2
> - 7-zip 2.30b32
> - BMF 2.0
>
> For a quick overview of the results look at the Summary page of the site. Enjoy!!
>
> http://www.maximumcompression.com/
>

> Regards,
> Werner Bergmans

NO PROBLEM
I'VE TESTED BOTH EPM7 and EPM8

File type : English text (1995 CIA World Fact Book)
# of files to compress in this test : 1
Total File Size (bytes) : 2,988,578

Epm r7             416.381    (m512  c02577714692445478672324)
Epm r8-pre2        415.830    (m512  c02577714692445478672324)

Bye

Berto

Hello Partner I want to update my database so please send me your updated Hot list at Akhilesh0803@gmail.com
Hello Partner I want to update my database so please send me your updated Hot list at Akhilesh0803@gmail.com ...

Hello Partner I want to update my database so please send me your updated Hot list at Akhilesh0803@gmail.com
Hello Partner I want to update my database so please send me your updated Hot list at Akhilesh0803@gmail.com ...

Hello Partner I want to update my database so please send me your updated Hot list at Akhilesh0803@gmail.com
Hello Partner I want to update my database so please send me your updated Hot list at Akhilesh0803@gmail.com ...

Compressing update queries
My company receives a CD every month with US Gov. information about imports and exports from the US. One of the things we have to do with this before it is useable is to clean the data up. There are thousands of Typos and inconsistencies in the raw data we get. At the moment I probably have 300 or so individual update queries that take the form similar to below: UPDATE ImportsUnprocessed SET ImportsUnprocessed.Consignee = "SAMSUNG" WHERE (((ImportsUnprocessed.Consignee) Like "*samsung*")); We have about 1 field each time that need to be updated in each of these different cases. Is there a way to compress this so I can run a function with case statements or have a list of search criteria and what to update it to? There has to be an easier way!!! Please help Sudonim1234, We dealt with something similar at a former employer of mine. We had a list of standardized values for all the varients we were aware of. What we did is maintain a table of these standardized values and joined it to our recieved table. Before each run we would have to check the incoming data to see if any new varients had appeared, add these to our table of standardized values, then have a human validate the new rows, then make a new table with the standardized values substituted for the varients. You want to avoid changing the source data if at all possible. You also want to implement a means by which the current batch run can be rolled back. This way if the transform step ...

Maximum Compression updated
Hello, The Maximum compression site has been updated with the following programs: - Durilca 0.2 (This version now also takes 1st place in the txt and doc test, and of course 1st place in best overall compression program) - UHBC 1.0 (2nd place in jpg test) - CTXf 0.69 - Dzip 2.90 - BWIC (fp.log is too large to compress) - Win-GZ 1.2. For a quick overview of the results have a look at the Summary page. http://www.maximumcompression.com/ Regards, Werner Bergmans ...

csiph.com update
http://csiph.com/ Added a bit of information for NNTP access. Any ideas for improvements or new services welcome. ...

Iconbar.com update
Does anybody know what is happening with the Iconbar? It seems to be taking a long time to repair and is always missed. A.Weston -- Staffordshire, Great Britain. On 07 Aug, Andrew W <nospam@invalid> wrote: > Does anybody know what is happening with the Iconbar? It seems to be > taking a long time to repair and is always missed. They suffer from a cracker attack. This seems to influence the whole RISC OS market as there was no RISC OS news since iconbar.com is not running anymore ;-) Michael In article <4cdac5d944info@dasgrinsen.de>, Michael Gerbracht <URL:mailto:...

PoserWorld.com has been updated!
We have updated PoserWorld.com with a new look and easy to use navigation, lot's of new Poser Content! You can even get a taste of PoserWorld subscription for only $20.00 (one month). Gigabytes of high-quality Poser items for one low subscription cost. All Royalty-free. The subscription site is updated weekly. http://www.PoserWorld.com/ ...

Compression update: I failed! :(
As some of you migt already know, I've been working on file compression or = some time now. I' been working hard and tweaking it every way possible to = no avail. My first goal was to produce the best general-purpose lossless t= echnique available: first better than PKZip' deflate using teak, then bette= r than RAR using arithmetic coding then, finally better than 7-Zip using ev= erything I can grab. I planned to compress _everything_, including FAT32 h= ard drives on Win98--even if the compressed drive can only be FAT16--, my o= wn version of WinMount with write access and a portable driver, executable = compression, emulation, archives and back-ups and eventually multimedia. I= even tried several signature techniques. At first they seemed good, but w= hen I debugged them, they back-fired. I will not ask for help; I believe t= hat is my job. I am just confessing it here. On Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:42:44 AM UTC-7, Harry Potter wrote: I am just confessing it here. Ah, yeah... We all have been there in some form. So, get back up, dust yourself off and get back on the horse. I'm at some coding today myself and I do not know it it will be a success or a failure once this project is able to run. That's the risks and the reward is a learn new things. Good luck with your efforts and feel free to chat if you need it. I spend so much time working on these projects that it helps to chat with someone about things even is an abstract and d...

Updated SCSILVL.COM?
Dave the Barbarian, where is the last great version of SCSILVL? Hi Louis, > ...where is the last great version of SCSILVL?... Probably in limited functionality stubs on a 9556 I have. The routine as from IBM doesn't work on the 8556/8557/9556/9557 planar SCSI, but I had versions prior to February 2003 (before my 15 month deployment) that could read the firmware versions there. Quite a bit of the underlying operation of the program was lost from my notes after the IBMMuseum domain hacking in August 2004. It only gives the microcode firmware version (which I have documented pretty well otherwise), so unless you have a completely different IBM SCSI system or adapter I haven't covered it is not really informative. Thought was that I could gain how the data structures were used to pass on to Unal for a QSPOCK update. Along with everything else it would fight for CPU cycles in my brain that is already at 95% utilization: - For whomever steals my identity from the VA fiasco, they will have the luck to receive endless collection notices from the Defense Finance Accounting Service & Treasury Department. They can try to call DFAS on the phone, provide my stolen SSAN, then learn they will get nowhere with them (or as I have, been told *not to call*). What does DFAS do when they don't have any leave statements from the servicemember & the Unit Administrator (of the Army unit they were discharged from more than two years ago) faxes ...

proxylaza.com unlock myspace.com youtube.com bebo.com facebook , Friendster
http://proxylaza.com unlock myspace.com youtube.com bebo.com facebook , Friendster Browse the internet securely using YourProxy.com. You can unblock popular social networking sites such as MySpace, Bebo, Facebook, YouTube, Orkut, Friendster and many other sites. Feel free to browse 24/7 and don't forget to tell your friends! click here : http://proxylaza.com ...

GSE-Reactive.com Updates
Hello all! Just a quick note to let everyone know that the major updates to the www.GSE-Reactive.com Website are done. Some little things left to finish which will happen over the next few weeks. All the changes are listed on the Main Page. New items, like the IIe Power Supply, will be added to the Store in the next few days. On going Projects are now listed in the Store on the bottom section. -- Henry S. Courbis www.GSE-Reactive.com Apple II Series Legacy Hardware - Come take a look at what we have to offer! ...

A2HQ.com Sites Updated
This morning I updated all A2HQ.com sites using the WordPress blog to the latest edition, 3.5.1. In turn, I also updated four themes and one plugin to the latest versions. If anyone would like to have additional themes or plugins for his WordPress blog, please contact me, and I will be happy to add them. There are currently 36 A2HQ.com web sites, with about half of them using a WordPress blog. If anyone has any comments, questions or suggestions for A2HQ.com, I would be glad to read and respond to them. Just a week ago, I received an additional allotment of bandwidth quota from my ISP, meaning that I can now handle much more traffic as it comes. So if your site gets posted on Slashdot or one of the other big tech sites, it should stay up! :-) -- ]DF$ Apple II Book: http://macgui.com/newa2guide/ Usenet: http://macgui.com/usenet/ <-- get posts by email! Apple II Web & Blog hosting: http://a2hq.com/ On Friday, April 5, 2013 10:54:20 AM UTC-5, D Finnigan wrote: > This morning I updated all A2HQ.com sites using the WordPress blog to the > > latest edition, 3.5.1. In turn, I also updated four themes and one plugin to > > the latest versions. > > > > If anyone would like to have additional themes or plugins for his WordPress > > blog, please contact me, and I will be happy to add them. > > > > There are currently 36 A2HQ.com web sites, with about half of them using a > >...

CCNP Update at ExamsTube.com
Hi, ExamsTube is providing latest practice questions and answers brain dumps for almost all certifications. click here to visit http://www.ExamsTube.com and download free preparation and training material. ...

CCNP Update at FreeExamKing.com
CCNP Update at FreeExamKing.com Hi, FreeExamKing is providing latest practice questions and answers brain dumps for almost all certifications. click here to visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com and download free preparation and training material. ============================================================================= ...

CCNP Update at ExamsTube.com
Hi, ExamsTube is providing latest practice questions and answers brain dumps for almost all certifications. click here to visit http://www.ExamsTube.com and download free preparation and training material. ...

CCNP Update at ExamsTube.com
Hi, ExamsTube is providing latest practice questions and answers brain dumps for almost all certifications. click here to visit http://www.ExamsTube.com and download free preparation and training material. ...

Update query not updating
Hi We have this strange problem on an access 97 app over a network. The backend db is on a win2003 server and each pc has the front rend linking to the back end. The app runs an update query which works fine on one pc. On another pc the query fails and is unable to update the records? Why would this be that one pc can update the records on the server but not the other? The user seems to have all the rights as far as I can see. Thanks Regards -- Try to update manually. If this succeeds the 'rights' seem to be OK. -- Try switching frontends also. Are they really the same ? -- Record-locking ? --=20 Hope this helps Arno R "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> schreef in bericht = news:427d6072$0$287$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi >=20 > We have this strange problem on an access 97 app over a network. The = backend=20 > db is on a win2003 server and each pc has the front rend linking to = the back=20 > end. The app runs an update query which works fine on one pc. On = another pc=20 > the query fails and is unable to update the records? Why would this be = that=20 > one pc can update the records on the server but not the other? The = user=20 > seems to have all the rights as far as I can see. >=20 > Thanks >=20 > Regards=20 >=20 > ...

Updated Os2notes.com site !
Updated the look and added some content to the site ! Any comments or tips are welcome, before I make the site template ! OS/2 Release Notes - An Os/2 and eComstation www.os2notes.com Cheers, Greggory ...

My Parallel Compression Library was updated
Hello.... I have updated my Parallel Compression Library, now the Parallel LZ compiles correctly under both Win32 and Win64. You can download my Parallel Compression Library version 3.4 from: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-compression-library Parallel Compression Library 3.4 Author: Amine Moulay Ramdane Description: Parallel Compression Library implements Parallel Gzip , Parallel Bzip , Parallel LZMA , Parallel LZ , Parallel LZO and parallel LZ4 algorithms using my Thread Pool Engine. - Now my ParallelGzip gives 5% better performance than Pigz. ...

Compression update: Harry Potter
This morning, I found two bugs in my file compression routines and am going to remove a technique which provides little help and sometimes hurts. The bug fixes should hurt a little. :( On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 5:54:44 PM UTC-5, Harry Potter wrote: > This morning, I found two bugs in my file compression routines and am going to remove a technique which provides little help and sometimes hurts. The bug fixes should hurt a little. :( I was wrong. The bug was in an old copy. I *did* manage to get a little more out of the compression ratio, though. :) On Monday, March 2, 2015 a...

Rst.Update does not update
Hi there, Acc 97 SR2 I hope there is someone out there able to help me with my weird problem. I try to update a field in a table with continuous numbers. My problem is that the code that I run from a button in a form sometimes works, sometimes it does not. So, I press the button, and the table is update properly, then I press the button again and this time no calculation seems to take place and no figures are added to ´┐ŻMyField". The number of attempts can vary until the result is no update. Sometimes I can run the code three times after the other and everything is fine, then the fourth time the table is not updated, sometimes it works only once, then pressing the button again and again brings no result. The code is as follows: Dim db As dao.Database Dim rs As dao.Recordset Dim intCounter As Integer Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM MyTable") intCounter = 0 rs.MoveLast rs.MoveFirst Do While Not rs.EOF rs.Edit intCounter = intCounter + 1 rs!MyField = intCounter rs.Update rs.MoveNext Loop rs.Close Set rs = Nothing Set db = Nothing Any input is highly appreciated! Thanks, Sabine Hi Sabine, this is a weird one. I cant see anything wrong with your code. One thing to check though. Maybe it is working but you are not realising it. You need to ensure that you close Mytable and reopen it after each attempt, to verify that you are looking at the latest data, otherwise your code my...

Maximum Compression site updated
The Maximum Compression site has been updated today (September 1st 2003): The following programs are added : - SLIM 0015 (takes 1st place in HLP test, 2nd place in DLL and EXE test, 3th in TXT and PDF-test; also combined 2nd place (with Epm r7) in best overall compression program). - WinACE 2.5 - 7-Zip 3.08.04 - ASH 02 - GRZip 0.7.3 - DCGA b8, - AKT 1.00a3 - ABC 2.4 - UPX 1.90w - Squeez 4.2 (4.20.440) The following programs are re-tested : - Eri 5.1fre (takes 2nd place in BMP-test) - BA 1.01 - Durilca 0.2 (Some improvement in exe-file compression). For a quick overview of the results look at the Summary page of the site. Enjoy!! http://www.maximumcompression.com/ --- Regards, Werner Bergmans Werner, Would it be possible for you to add: a) links to the homepages of the tested compressors b) the run time of each compression, so that the reader knows if the compressor needs minutes or days for its best compression ratio :-) Regards, -- Mark PS: yes it is not my real email adress :-) Mark wrote: > Werner, > > Would it be possible for you to add: > a) links to the homepages of the tested compressors Replying to myself, I meant _all_ homepages, I know you have put a few. -- Mark ...

Re: Maximum Compression updated
[Quote] Your site is very interesting, but in my opinion HTML (or XML) is not directly represented, and is an interesting one to see compression ratios on. The point is that HTML is extremely rundundant when looked at in the right way, and I can imagine larger variations than might be seen in the plain text compressors..? I guess results might be similar to the PDF tests (at least for ones which include no graphics...) What do you think? [/Quote] I did a test with HTML compression some time ago (I compressed 1 single file (containing several concatenated html files) with a length of 18.155.520 bytes. The compression ratio is somewhere between the log-file compression and English text compression, just over 90% for the best programs. For example PPMonstr and Compressia: PPmonstr gets it down to 1,736,357 bytes = 90.4% Ppmonstr e -o32 -m440 -fppmdmonstr_o32m440.ppm html Compressia 1.0 gets it down to 1,819,079 bytes = 90.0% Just as expected. HTML contain very much of the same tags which makes compression ratio very good. Programs scoring good in log-file compression also score well in this test. ...

Web resources about - Maximumcompression.com updated - comp.compression

Download Everything - RGamma Apps
NOTE: For Music and Video downloading, get this app: Download Free Music

PATENTCORPUS128
Patent Corpus I have to say that I dislike most of widely accepted data corpuses. This is not becauseI am subjective, I see pure technical reasons ...

RCA CHAPTER 1-3
Wave motion has certain definite characteristics; thesecharacteristics determine the loudness, frequency (or pitch) and tone of thesound. 4. ...