MS MediaPlayer frame rate with MPEGs

Hi All,

We have written a wrapper around the MS MediaPlayer.  One of the things we
can do is adjust the frame rate of an MPEG during playback.  However, some
MPEGs cannot be played at a frame rate less than 15 fps while others can.
It would seem to me that there is a difference between the different MPEGs
and in fact, there is.  Using mpeg_stat, a public domain tool that analyzes
the MPEG's bitstream, we have noticed that the MPEGs that can not be played
at a slow frame rate, do not have a system layer.  I am not entirely
convinced that this is the cause of the problem though.  Does anyone else
know anything about this issue?

Thanks

0
YeaWhatever
7/2/2003 3:50:23 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

YeaWhatever wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have written a wrapper around the MS MediaPlayer.  One of the things we
> can do is adjust the frame rate of an MPEG during playback.  However, some
> MPEGs cannot be played at a frame rate less than 15 fps while others can.
> It would seem to me that there is a difference between the different MPEGs
> and in fact, there is.  Using mpeg_stat,

I've been trying to get a source of mpeg_stat but strangely, couldnt
find it on the web. Can you give a URL, or even E-mail it to me? TIA.

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles

0
Michel
7/3/2003 11:54:45 AM
I don't have the source code for this application.  If you are just looking
for the executable go to
http://members.lycos.nl/synergy/MPEG/mpegpage.html

"Michel Bardiaux" <mbardiaux@peaktime.be> wrote in message

> YeaWhatever wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have written a wrapper around the MS MediaPlayer.  One of the things
we
> > can do is adjust the frame rate of an MPEG during playback.  However,
some
> > MPEGs cannot be played at a frame rate less than 15 fps while others
can.
> > It would seem to me that there is a difference between the different
MPEGs
> > and in fact, there is.  Using mpeg_stat,
>
> I've been trying to get a source of mpeg_stat but strangely, couldnt
> find it on the web. Can you give a URL, or even E-mail it to me? TIA.
>
> > a public domain tool that analyzes
> > the MPEG's bitstream, we have noticed that the MPEGs that can not be
played
> > at a slow frame rate, do not have a system layer.  I am not entirely
> > convinced that this is the cause of the problem though.  Does anyone
else
> > know anything about this issue?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> --
> Michel Bardiaux
> Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles
> Tel : +32 2 790.29.41

0
YeaWhatever