My Parallel Archiver version 3.62 is here...

Hello,

My Parallel Archiver version 3.62 is here...

In this release of my Parallel archiver i have just made the Dynamic
Link Libraries for new release of Zstandard v0.8.0 for 32 bit and 64 bit
mingw compilers , you will find the Dynamic Link Libraries inside
the zip file with the corresponding Object Pascal interface
called ZSTDSstream.pas that i have wrote and that you will find
inside the zip file.

Here is is what have changed in this new release Zstandard v0.8.0

whats new in Zstandard v0.0.8:

- Final compression format

- Improved : better speed on clang and gcc -O2, thanks to @ebiggers
- New : Build on FreeBSD and DragonFly, thanks to @jrmarino
- Changed : modified API : ZSTD_compressEnd()
- Fixed : legacy mode with ZSTD_HEAPMODE=0, by @gymdis
- Fixed : premature end of frame when zero-sized raw block, reported by
@ebiggers
- Fixed : large dictionaries (> 384 KB), reported by Ilona Papava
- Fixed : checksum correctly checked in single-pass mode
- Fixed : combined --test amd --rm, reported by @amnilsson
- Modified : minor compression level adaptations
- Updated : compression format specification to v0.2.0
- changed : zstd.h moved to /lib directory

Just compile the test_pzstd.pas demo inside the zip for Zstandard
compression..

Now my Parallel archiver supports the following Parallel compression
algorithms:

Parallel LZO , Parallel LZ4 , Parallel Zlib , Parallel Bzip , Parallel
LZMA and Parallel Zstd compression algorithms for both the 32 bit and 64
bit compilers.

And now my Parallel archiver is NUMA-aware and NUMA efficient and it
minimizes efficiently the contention and it scales well.

I have thoroughly tested and stabilized more my parallel archiver for
many years, and now i think that it is more stable and efficient, so i
think that you can be more confident with it.

Important note:

Notice that i have not used a global password , but every file can be
encrypted with a different password using my Parallel AES encryption
with 256 bit keys. So the security level is this:

- When you encrypt , the content of the files will be encrypted but the
names of the files and directories will not be encrypted, But if you
want to encrypt also the names of the files and directories using
Parallel AES encryption with 256 bit keys, please compress first into an
archive, and after that encrypt all the archive into another archive.

- But when you encrypt , you can update the files with the update()
method without giving the right password, and you can delete the files
without giving the right password, but my level of security is that you
can not access the encrypted data without giving the right password.
You can download my new version 3.6 of my Parallel archiver from:

I have just benchmarked the Parallel Zstd compression of my Parallel
archiver, and i have noticed that at the maximum level of compression
it will give the same compression ratio to that of the Bzip maximum
level of compression , but the speed of Zstd algorithm is much better
than Bzip. So i will advice you to use the Parallel Zstd compression
of my Parallel archiver, please take a look at the test_pzstd.pas
example inside the zip file and do your benchmark yourself,
the Zstd compression algorithm is really great ! you can pass
a compression level to it from 0 to 9

You can download my new version 3.62 of my Parallel archiver
from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-archiver

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

0
Ramine
8/16/2016 1:01:01 AM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow