Problems using zlib - any help?

Perhaps someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've got a project that's intended to look like a web browser (as far as
a web server is concerned - it's not going to be a full-blown browser,
though - it's simply going to speak to a web server as if it were
FireFox doing the talking) What makes it "tricky" is that the web server
sends back (whether I send the "accept-encoding" tag for gzip or not) a
block of gzipped data. I need to work with this data. In a "real"
FireFox, the data gets decompressed and used properly, so the data must
be good.

What I'm trying to do leads, naturally enough, to using zlib to unpack
the data I get back.

Except that I'm having no luck at all...

The headers for the server response follow conventions by telling me
that there's gzipped data using the "Content-Encoding: gzip" tag. I can
parse out the zipped data to a buffer without problems. From another
entry in the headers, I know the compressed length of the zipped data
(which matches up correctly with my "hand-calculated" length based on
seeking out the "01/8b" magic bytes that indicate the start of the
zipped data, and finding the end of the packet)

I set up a z_stream struct - Fill in the next_in/avail_in members with
the address of the buffer holding the data, and its length, stuff the
next_out/avail_out members with the address and length of a malloc()ed
buffer that should be *WAY* beyond overkill based on the typical amount
of compressed data I get handed, set the zalloc, zfree, and opaque
members to Z_NULL, then call inflateInit() with the address of my
z_stream struct. This returns Z_OK.

So far, so good...

I then try the incantation "inflate(&My_z_stream, Z_FINISH);", and get
back "Z_DATA_ERROR", and get no uncompressed data.

The data I pass in is a malloc()ed block stuffed with the data the
server handed back, with the "01" byte of the "01/8b" signature pair at
location 0 of the buffer, followed by the rest of the data-block that
the server supplies me with.

I've tried stripping off the "01/8b" bytes, putting the "CM" byte
discussed in the RFCs (value "0x80") at location 0 of the buffer. No
joy.

I've tried using inflateSync - no joy - inflateSync() returns Z_OK, but
generates no output. Following up the inflateSync call with a call to
inflate() gives me back a "-3" value (defined as Z_DATA_ERROR in zlib.h,
which explains it as meaning the data is corrupted, or the checksum test
failed), and no useful data output.

FireFox, on the other hand, apparently has no problem with the data - no
sign of any trouble of any kind.

Everything I'm doing *LOOKS* right, based on what I can see, but I can't
get any useful data out of it.

Can anybody give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong? Or better yet, a
pointer to some source code that works on "in memory" compressed data?
All of the zlib examples I've found so far deal strictly with a "read a
chunk from a file, process it, read another chunk, process,
lather-rinse-repeat until out of data in the file" model, but none
address the "all in memory" method I'm trying to use (but which zlib.h
says is perfectly fine, so long as all the buffers are big enough to
hold the data - whether compressed or not - that'll be used/result)

Should I be stripping off the ID bytes (01/8b) and the CM/FLG/etc bytes
to leave only the compressed data? Reading the zlib.h file, this doesn't
seem to be the right way to do things, since there are multiple mentions
of these bits of data being used by the process.

Any help out there?

--
Email shown is deceased. If you would like to contact me by email, please
post something that makes it obvious in this or another group you see me

In article <h161ov$b8k$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 Don Bruder <dakidd@sonic.net> wrote:

> Perhaps someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

<snip for space>

> Everything I'm doing *LOOKS* right, based on what I can see, but I can't
> get any useful data out of it.

After a suggestion from a poster in another group, found the difficulty,
and now all is well. Turns out I needed to be using
"inflateInit2(&MyZStream, 47)" to signal that I wanted gzip
decompression, rather than "inflateInit(&MyZStream)", which says I want
to decompress a "naked" (no headers of any kind) deflate stream.

--
Email shown is deceased. If you would like to contact me by email, please
post something that makes it obvious in this or another group you see me
posting in with a "how to contact you" address, and I'll get back to you.
0
Don
6/16/2009 4:31:24 PM
On 2009-06-16 09:31:24 -0700, Don Bruder <dakidd@sonic.net> said:
> Turns out I needed to be using
> "inflateInit2(&MyZStream, 47)" to signal that I wanted gzip
> decompression, rather than "inflateInit(&MyZStream)", which says I want
> to decompress a "naked" (no headers of any kind) deflate stream.

Glad you solved your problem.  But just in case someone comes across
this thread using a search, inflateInit() says you want to decompress a
zlib stream, which has a zlib header and trailer.  inflateInit2()
allows you to ask for gzip (31 for the second parameter) decoding, gzip
/ zlib auto-detection (47), or raw or "naked" (-15).

Mark

0
Mark
6/19/2009 5:38:51 AM
In article <2009061822385116807-madler@alumnicaltechedu>,
 Mark Adler <madler@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

> On 2009-06-16 09:31:24 -0700, Don Bruder <dakidd@sonic.net> said:
> > Turns out I needed to be using
> > "inflateInit2(&MyZStream, 47)" to signal that I wanted gzip
> > decompression, rather than "inflateInit(&MyZStream)", which says I want
> > to decompress a "naked" (no headers of any kind) deflate stream.
>
> Glad you solved your problem.  But just in case someone comes across
> this thread using a search, inflateInit() says you want to decompress a
> zlib stream, which has a zlib header and trailer.  inflateInit2()
> allows you to ask for gzip (31 for the second parameter) decoding, gzip
> / zlib auto-detection (47), or raw or "naked" (-15).
>
> Mark

Hi Mark - nice to see an author chime in.

Suggestion:
Maybe I'm a bit thick, but I had *ABSOLUTE FITS* trying to troubleshoot
this - Suggest a bit clearer/more explicit wording in the zlib.h
header/docs. (Although aside from zlib.h itself, "other docs", including
example code of any kind, for this package seems like something that's
pretty hard to come by...)

The other poster I mentioned pointed out that inflateInit2() might be
needed. From there, it was a bit of a slog to get things to work -
My choice of "47" for param 2 was the result of trial-and-error that
started at "if 15 = default window size..." and "+32 = auto-detection?
Hmmm...", which turned into "if I feed it 47, it should go". And it did.
But now, my bald spot is significantly larger :)

Aside from that bit of difficulty, it's a really handy package - If I
hadn't "hit the wall" of thinking I should be using inflateInit(), then
spent several days beating my head against it trying to figure out why I
got an endless string of Z_DATA_ERROR results despite other code being
able to handle the data I was getting back without a problem, the whole
thing would likely have been up and running inside of an hour - probably
less than that, even.

Thanks again, both for the reply, and the package!

--
Email shown is deceased. If you would like to contact me by email, please
post something that makes it obvious in this or another group you see me
posting in with a "how to contact you" address, and I'll get back to you.
0
Don
6/20/2009 5:09:53 AM
Don,

I will look into improving the documentation.

This problem is caused by an all-too-common implicit assumption that is
unfortunately false and hard to dispell, which is that zlib == gzip.  I
try to dispell that right at the beginning of zlib.h, but I think that
that part is often not read at all, with the reader heading straight
for the function descriptions.  That preface says:

   The compressed data format used by default by the in-memory
functions is the zlib format, which is a zlib wrapper documented in RFC
1950, wrapped around a deflate stream, which is itself documented in
RFC 1951.

   The library also supports reading and writing files in gzip (.gz)
format with an interface similar to that of stdio using the functions
that start with "gz".  The gzip format is different from the zlib
format.  gzip is a gzip wrapper, documented in RFC 1952, wrapped around
a deflate stream.

   This library can optionally read and write gzip streams in memory as well.

   The zlib format was designed to be compact and fast for use in
memory and on communications channels.  The gzip format was designed
for single-file compression on file systems, has a larger header than
zlib to maintain directory information, and uses a different, slower
check method than zlib.

On 2009-06-19 22:09:53 -0700, Don Bruder <dakidd@sonic.net> said:
> (Although aside from zlib.h itself, "other docs", including example
> code of any kind, for this package seems like something that's pretty
> hard to come by...)

There is a link on zlib.net for a detailed "zlib Usage Example", which goes to:

    http://zlib.net/zlib_how.html

There are many examples of the use of zlib in the examples directory of
the zlib distribution, including a copy of the web page above and the
zpipe.c example described in that web page.  There are more examples in
the contrib directory.  Also there is the example.c file used for
testing a build.

> The other poster I mentioned pointed out that inflateInit2() might be needed.

From the FAQ at http://zlib.net/zlib_faq.html#faq19 :

19. Ok, so why are there two different formats?

The gzip format was designed to retain the directory information about
a single file, such as the name and last modification date. The zlib
format on the other hand was designed for in-memory and communication
channel applications, and has a much more compact header and trailer
and uses a faster integrity check than gzip.

20. Well that's nice, but how do I make a gzip file in memory?

You can request that deflate write the gzip format instead of the zlib
format using deflateInit2(). You can also request that inflate decode
the gzip format using inflateInit2(). Read zlib.h for more details.

> then spent several days beating my head against it trying to figure out
> why I got an endless string of Z_DATA_ERROR results

From zlib.h in the description of the meaning of the inflate() return values:

inflate() returns ... Z_DATA_ERROR if the input data was corrupted
(input stream not conforming to the zlib format or incorrect check
value) ...

Mark

0
Mark

Help using Compress::Zlib::memGunzip()
Hello, Any assistance would be appreciated: As the subject suggests I am trying to gunzip files using the Compress::Zlib module. The following is basically the code that I am working with: ------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Compress::Zlib; my $item; my $zipFileBuffer; my $gz; my @listOfZippedFiles; my $loc_directory; $loc_directory = "/home/testdirectory"; @listOfZippedFiles = glob("$loc_directory/*.Z"); foreach $item (@listOfZippedFiles) { print "Unzipping: $item\n&quo...

yahoo.com.au mail problems problems problems
Hello, in the last month I encountered big problems to read mail from yahoo.com.au server. There is no chance to connect to e-mail /www based server. Having logged to www.yahoo.com.au mail window doesn't open waiting for an image from au.adserver.yahoo.com server is that server dead, making reading mail completely impossible ? Ping says, that server is unreachable. What can I do to make things better as in previous months ? Ple ...

Please help. just last small problem in using the vector output from ODE in another equation. please help
Dear Torsten, thank you very much for your kind help. i have written the code and its almost done but now only one small problem remains, here is the code that i wrote down; function maxwellbloch t=linspace(0,5,10);%the non dimensionalized characteritic time z=linspace(0,5,10);%the non dimensionalized characteristic length s=[1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]; %The intitial values E(z,0) included for ten grid points, E(2),E(3),...,E(10) [t,y]=ode45(@salman3,t,s); meshgrid(t,z); surf(t,z,E) function dydt=salman3(t,y,E) z=linspace(0,5,10); dydt=zeros(size(y)); y(1);y(2);y(3);y(4);y(5);y(...

VIM: Using VIM Help (Help for Help)
Hi, It is probably best if you accept that VIM's help is organised in the Best Possible Way and that there is no easier method it's just there is so much functionality (it took me a while to swallow this) As a minimum you should know about using Control-D (<C-D>) and Tab eg :h reg<C-D> and/or :h reg<TAB> " help for help (USE TAB) :h quickref : VIM Quick Reference Sheet (ultra) :h tips : Vim's own Tips Help :h visual<C-D><tab> : obtain list of all visual help topics : The...

How to compress files using zlib
I can use zlib to compress a text file. But if I compression to a file I name aaa.zip, I cannot then open it with the Windows 7 zip tool. should I be able to? Do I need to specify a specific compression type to support that? Angus wrote: ) I can use zlib to compress a text file. But if I compression to a file I ) name aaa.zip, I cannot then open it with the Windows 7 zip tool. should I ) be able to? Do I need to specify a specific compression type to support ) that? Have you tried naming it aaa.gz ? The ZIP format has some extra headers that you need to add. SaSW, Willem -- Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any of the statements made in the above text. For all I know I might be drugged or something.. No I'm not paranoid. You all think I'm paranoid, don't you ! #EOT "Willem" <willem@turtle.stack.nl> wrote in message news:slrnkrc3h8.1usj.willem@turtle.stack.nl... > Angus wrote: > ) I can use zlib to compress a text file. But if I compression to a file > I > ) name aaa.zip, I cannot then open it with the Windows 7 zip tool. should > I > ) be able to? Do I need to specify a specific compression type to support > ) that? > > Have you tried naming it aaa.gz ? > The ZIP format has some extra headers that you need to add. > > > SaSW, Willem I found in the contrib folder of zlib project minizip which has a s...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Problem using ruby_options()
Hello everyone, I'm trying to call a Ruby program from C and pass it some arguments. Here is a trivial program that demonstrates the problem. The Ruby documentation states that you can set the Ruby arguments using ruby_options. I know that if I pass no arguments it waits forever listening to STDIN. Thats fine. The problem is that when I do pass arguments Ruby just dies - no crash, nothing, just a silent exit. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Should I be using a different call to set the arguments? I'm using Ruby 1.8.1 int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { NtInitialize(&argc, &argv); // this bit need for Windows ruby_init(); ruby_script("embedded"); char *rubyArgs[] = { "arg1", "arg2", "arg3", }; // this function should set the arguments to the ruby program // however Ruby silently dies at this point ruby_options(sizeof(rubyArgs) / sizeof(rubyArgs[0]), rubyArgs); // the code never gets here rb_load_file("e:\\doTheWork.rb"); ruby_run(); return 0; } Stephen -- Stephen Kellett Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk RSI Information: http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/rsi.html Quoteing snail@objmedia.demon.co.uk, on Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:02:32AM +0900: > Hello everyone, > > I'm trying to call a Ruby program from...

Problem with Help when using numarray
Python advertises some basic service: C:\Python24>python Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> With numarray, help gives unhelpful responses: import numarray.numarraycore as _n c= _n.array((1, 2)) print 'rank Value:', c.rank print 'c.rank Help:', help(c.rank) Results: rank Value: 1 c.rank Help:Help on int object: class int(object) | int(x[, base]) -> integer | | Convert a string or number to an ...

could use help on a simple problem
I am taking a beginners class in programming and I am very lost. I need to design a program that models the worm's behavior in the following scenario: A worm is moving toward an apple. Each time it moves the worm cuts the distance between itself and the apple by its own body length until the worm is close enough to enter the apple. The worm can enter the apple when it is within a body length of the apple. I now I need to use an iteration control structure but have no idea where to start or what to do in this one. Can some one help? "porky008" writes: >I am taking a beginner...

Help: what programs are using my modem and network connection???? Unauthorised use!!! HELP!
My PC makes frequent (2x per minute!!!) unauthorised calls out to my ISP. Probably spyware. But my Lavasoft Adaware 6 + data updates does NOT detect this spyware..... In the meantime, I see my network connection being active all the time. With what? Okay, sometimes my NAV Automatic Update, andsometimes the Windows Automatic Update, but that's not ALL the time...... Request: I need a programme that logs the use of my ISDN modem (on my W98 machine) and preferably my network connection too, logging what programme is using my modem + network card. By the way, DU Meter does NOT in...

help: a tspan problem in using ode45
As we all know, when using the tspan,the time values must be in order, either increasing or decreasing. But is there any chance that we can integrate at repeated time points with ode45? For example, we can use ode45 when tspan=[10, 30, 60, 120, 180, 240],but how can we do it when tspan=[10, 30, 60, 10, 30, 60] please guide me!Thank u so much! "William Yan" <weiyan62004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ef193f2.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > As we all know, when using the tspan,the time values must be in > order, either increasing or decreasing. But is there any chance that ...

Please help, Problem using vector,
Could someone please advise me what I�m doing wrong. I�m trying to use vector in a simple program. I'm using this command to compile gxx -Wall -o vectorTest.exe vectorTest.cpp But I get these errors: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> error <<<<<< vectorTest.cpp: In function `int main()': vectorTest.cpp:11: error: `vector' undeclared (first use this function) vectorTest.cpp:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) vectorTest.cpp:11: error: parse error before `(' token >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>error <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Here is the relevant part of the code, the error happens on the line I noted with **** >>>>> snip <<<<<<<<<< #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { int val[10] = {1,2,2,2,2,4,7,8,9,6}; int saveVal; vector v1(val, val+10); // **** This is where the error starts >>>>> snip <<<<<<<<<< Thank you so much in advance -- leila <gcceducate@tutorialwizard.net> wrote: > #include <iostream> > #include <vector> > using namespace std; > int main() > { > int val[10] = {1,2,2...

Problem using Regina COMPRESS function
I noticed the COMPRESS function in the manual for Regina. When I tried to use it, I got Error 43.1: Could not find routine "COMPRESS" It's in the manuals for 3.3, 3.5, and 3.7. I get the same results from all of those. The manual says it's from AREXX, but I thought that all of the AREXX functionality was enabled by default. What am I doing wrong? -- Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid> wrote: > It's in the manuals for 3.3, 3.5, and 3.7. I get the same >results fr...

using paramiko problem? please help me
I want to connect to a Windows machine in my network , using ssh, I use paramiko but I have problem in authentication, would you please help me? 1- I have installed freeSSHD in server machine? Is it necessery ? or may I have to install another program? 2- I have entered server's Ip insted of hostname.Is it correct? 3- I have creat a user in server machine with a password to connect. Am I right? 4- I use this code in clinet computer? May I need another code for server computer? hostname = "192.168.1.4" username = "test" port = 22 password = '123456' # n...

PROBLEM using CharIndex(), IF, OR etc- PLEASE HELP
What is the best way to essentially use the charindex(find) function if the value is could be more than one variable (A or B or C) I can't seem to get an "or", "if" or "select if" to work Below is the code that works, I need 'GOV' to be either 'GOV' or 'FWD' or 'LIB' sqlstring = "SELECT Distinct substring([exposurename]," _ & Len(Worksheets(4).Range("j5") & "_VAR_" _ & Worksheets(4).Range("C4").Offset(Worksheets(4).Range("c3"), 0)) + 2 _ & ",charindex('GOV',[exposurename])-" & Len(Worksheets(4).Range("j5") _ & "_VAR_" & Worksheets(4).Range("C4").Offset(Worksheets(4).Range("c3"), 0)) + 3 _ & ") AS Drivergrp2 " _ & "FROM mars.dbo.mroInventoryProductGreeks_Latest " _ & "Where producttype = 'creditdefaultswap' " _ & "AND exposureName like '" & Worksheets(4).Range("j5") & "_VAR_" & Worksheets(4).Range("C4").Offset(Worksheets(4).Range("c3"), 0) & "%' " _ Much appreciation if you can help On May 11, 5:09 am, matthewwha...@gmail.com wrote: > What is the best...

Need help with using arrays and do loop in this problem
I want to get the following output: The data contains 100 observations of 10 variables, where the data is generated from a normal distribution. The variables should be named X1-X10, and let the mean of each variable equal the index of the variable (e.g. X1 should have a mean of 1, X10 should have a mean of 10). Further; i have to select 100 random samples of size 9, and 100 samples of size 25, of the variable X5(above problem), with replacement. Calculate the mean, and standard deviation of each of the 200 samples. I know that i should use rannor to generate the observations. need help with do loop and array and choosing random samples of size 9 and 25. Thanks in Advance; Shanky How about this? %let sd=4; data xx (drop=i j); array xx(10) x1-x10; do i=1 to 100; do j=1 to 10; xx(j)=rannor(0)*&sd+j; end; output; end; run; data xx; *first 100 sample of size 9; do i=1 to 100; do j=1 to 9; p=ranuni(0)*100; set xx (keep=x5) point=p; output; end; end; * second 100 sample of size 25; do i=101 to 200; do j=1 to 25; p=ranuni(0)*100; set xx (keep=x5) point=p; output; end; end; stop; run; proc summary; var x5; by i; output out=mx5 mean=mean std=sd; run; proc print data=mx5; run; Kind regards, Ya Huang On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:18:02 -0700, shanky <shankardasm@BLUEBOTTLE.COM> wrote: >I want to get the following output: > >The data contains 100 observations of 10 variables, where the data is >generated from a normal distri...

help help help
I need to refresh my C knowledge quickly. I will be reading code for simple industrial type controls like motor controllers, valve drivers, etc This software is pretty simple, 3000 lines max. The executable is embedded in flash on the processor chip. Actually I haven't seen it yet. I haven't looked at C or done any programming in ages. I'm looking for a simple programming suite that will run on my WinXP (NTFS) computer. Something that doesn't take really long to get up to speed with. Simple is better. I just need to practice and remember and do some simple experi...

Fw: Please help, Problem using vector,
------------- Forwarded message follows ------------- ------------- Forwarded message follows ------------- Could someone please advise me what I�m doing wrong. I�m trying to use vector in a simple program. I'm using this command to compile gxx -Wall -o vectorTest.exe vectorTest.cpp But I get these errors: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> error <<<<<< vectorTest.cpp: In function `int main()': vectorTest.cpp:11: error: `vector' undeclared (first use this function) vectorTest.cpp:11: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) vectorTest.cpp:11: error: parse error before `(' token >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>error <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Here is the relevant part of the code, the error happens on the line I noted with **** >>>>> snip <<<<<<<<<< #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { int val[10] = {1,2,2,2,2,4,7,8,9,6}; int saveVal; vector v1(val, val+10); // **** This is where the error starts >>>>> snip <<<<<<<<<< Thank you so much in advance -- -- -- ...

Re: Please help, Problem using vector,
Thank you all for helping me out, I had copied this from some website but I probably made a mistake when I was doing it. I didn't see the problem because I am new to STL, not c++, and I didn't expect any errors in the code. Again I thank every one for being patient and letting me know about the code problem. I hope my next question will be more intelligent. > Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote: > > > leila <gcceducate@tutorialwizard.net> wrote: > > > > > #include <iostream> > > > #include <vector> > > > using namespace std; > > > int main() > > > { > > > int val[10] = {1,2,2,2,2,4,7,8,9,6}; > > > int saveVal; > > > vector v1(val, val+10); // **** This is where the error starts > > > > Throw away whatever book or tutorial made you think this is a correct > > usage of the stuff declared in standard header <vector>, and replace > > it by a usable C++ textbook. > > The OP's example code wasn't that far off - she just omitted the type > specialization when she declared v1. That's a pretty common typo, and > I'm not sure it justifies throwing away the book (although I agree > that a disturbingly high percentage of C++ books are pretty bad and > deserve to be thrown away). > > > > The people over in comp.lang.c++ (where > > this ques...

Tricky problem with compress.exe, please HELP!!!
Hi, I want to compress several files (~3000) with the compress.exe from mircosoft. I need to compress them with that specific compressor because I must decompress them with the expand.exe (from microsoft too). I google it and found an old version of compress.exe which works fine BUT doesn't support long filenames...so I get all the filenames truncated and ending like filena~1.ex_ Moreover all of the compressed files are in capitals. Can you help me to find a version of compress.exe (or something newer but similar) which supports long filenames? (the capital problem is less important...) ...

Problem with FTP using Java, please help !
Hi, I have code like this : package ecgterminal3; import org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient; ------- blaaa.... FTPClient client = new FTPClient(); FileInputStream fis = null; try { client.connect("ftp://140.135.100.180"); client.login("dicom", "dicom"); String thedcmfile = "D:\\NetBeanProject\ \ECGTerminal3\\DICOMfiles\\" + namafile; fis = new FileInputStream(thedcmfile); client.storeFile(thedcmfile, fis); ...

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We are currently running R83 v3.1m (33 user) on an old 200 Mhz Pentium with 16Mb Mem and 2.x gif HD (the actual partition is smaller) We have run this for a number of years without ANY significant problems. Last week (just as my family was in the middle of "the move from Hell") the system decides to take a major dump. A bad link of some sort in the ABS area. THEN - the systems disks have disappeared. After much screaming and gnashing of teeth I got the system running again. OH! did I mention that the previous evenings file save tape was bad? Anyhow, the bottom line is that I REALLY need a set of 33 user 3.1m disks. Any Ideas/Help? I do have a 25 user version of r83 v3.1 (no 'm') with a monolith loader diskette (5.25) but it doesn't seem to hook up with the PICK diskettes (just keeps rebooting) If I can get a sister machine running with the 25 user - does anyone have any trick to bump it to 33 user. There must be just a byte or 2 in the ABS area that regulates # of users. Again - Help! Help! Help! Van PS: The reason we haven't upgraded is that I am using a 4GL called Envision that was written a long time ago and about half of it was done in assembler and won't run on any of the later version of PICK. I've been meaning to re-write it in Basic but it's a pretty daunting project. I'd get busy rewriting the software if I were you. If anyone actually has the disks, there's ...

Help, Help, Help
As you can probably gather im in need of help. I started a basic JAVA course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject. The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use. We are using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without having to worry about the input/output. Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error occurs when i compile the program: bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class class file contains wrong class: avi.Window Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath. Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72); ^ 1 error Process completed. We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory and set the classpath to it. The other problem is the book tells you how to set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path. Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but cant unt...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

Web resources about - Problems using zlib - any help? - comp.compression

INNOVATION INSIGHTS: How this Australian startup is trying to solve a problem for millions every day ...
If you’ve ever found yourself desperately trying to find city parking, you’re not alone. The problem of sourcing parking, especially in central ...

No Law Degree? No Problem! Sarah Palin To Preside Over Reality TV Court
Sarah Palin will tell you about a crazy legal theory called rootin’-tootin’ res ipsa loquitur.

Martin Sorrell to 4A's Gathering: 'There Is A Problem' With Gender, Diversity
... J. Walter Thompson's former CEO Gustavo Martinez resigned for alleged sexist and racist remarks, WPP CEO Martin Sorrell said "there is a problem" ...

Apple Has Problems with Its Cloud Infrastructure, Says The Information
... ) Google division for some cloud computing infrastructure, The Information ’s Amir Efrati and Steve Nellis today write that Apple has a problem ...

WaPo seems surprised that people regard yoga in school as an Establishment Clause problem.
The headline is: "Ga. parents, offended by the ‘Far East religion’ of yoga, get ‘Namaste’ banned from school." In my opinion, it's cultural ...

The woman problem
The woman problem by digby You've undoubtedly heard by now about Trump criticizing Heidi Cruz's looks and Ted calling him a sniveling coward ...

Apple, Google and Facebook published a long list of problems with the UK's proposed 'Snoopers' Charter' ...
... evidence submitted Thursday , Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, and Yahoo have together highlighted what they regard as problems ...

Obama: Climate Change Is a 'Major' Problem, But ISIS? 'They're Not An Existential Threat'
... on Wednesday. "They're not an existential threat to us," he said. But a few sentences later, he described climate change as a "major" problem. ...