request for source code of adaptive huffman coding

Can u please post me the source code of adaptive huffman
coding(compression technique) alongwith sample input/output??
0
divya
11/2/2008 5:25:15 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

0
Jyoti
11/2/2008 6:44:35 PM
On Nov 2, 10:25=A0am, divya <div.amarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can u please post me the source code of adaptive huffman
> coding(compression technique) alongwith sample input/output??

  You could go to my page for various vitter style bijective adaptive
huffman compressors. Vitter seems to have made the best improvements
in Huffman but this code here makes it better that what Vitter did
since its often leads to slightly better compression do to the fact
its bijective.

http://bijective.dogma.net/compress2vh.htm

David A. Scott
--
 My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:16:00 +0530, biject <biject.bwts@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 2, 10:25 am, divya <div.amarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can u please post me the source code of adaptive huffman
>> coding(compression technique) alongwith sample input/output??
>
>   You could go to my page for various vitter style bijective adaptive
> huffman compressors. Vitter seems to have made the best improvements
> in Huffman but this code here makes it better that what Vitter did
> since its often leads to slightly better compression do to the fact
> its bijective.

0
Jyoti
11/4/2008 5:54:55 PM
On Nov 4, 10:54=A0am, "Jyoti Sharma" <jyoti.mic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 01:16:00 +0530, biject <biject.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 2, 10:25=A0am, divya <div.amarn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can u please post me the source code of adaptive huffman
> >> coding(compression technique) alongwith sample input/output??
>
> > =A0 You could go to my page for various vitter style bijective adaptive
> > huffman compressors. Vitter seems to have made the best improvements
> > in Huffman but this code here makes it better that what Vitter did
> > since its often leads to slightly better compression do to the fact
> > its bijective.

  Well I don;t look at the page to often theought I had a vh2.zip but
I don't see it there or on my computer however vh.zip is all I have
left.  In it is vh vh1 vh2 vh3  if I remember correctly vh1 is a
standard "bijective vitter style huffman" compressor for bytes where
there are 256 symbols. I have noticed vh1 used an a few papers when
seeing how good a compressor is versus a huffman.

 How do you know Divya is a girl you use the pronoun "her"
If you or her interested check arb255 or bwts those may be more
interesting.
my data sensitve combiner.

To compress
vh1  c  a,txt  b,tmp

where a,txt is
0000  42 41 4E 41 4E 41 53  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  *BANANAS*
 number of bytes is 7

creating
b.tmp which is
0000  42 7F D6 1F 4A  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  *B...J*
 number of bytes is 5

to decompress do
vh1 d b.tmp c.tmp

giving c.tmp as
0000  42 41 4E 41 4E 41 53  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  *BANANAS*
 number of bytes is 7

David A. Scott
--
 My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip
http://www.jim.com/jamesd/Kong/scott19u.zip old version
My Compression code http://bijective.dogma.net/
**TO EMAIL ME drop the roman "five" **
 made in the above text. For all I know I might be drugged.
As a famous person once said "any cryptograhic
system is only as strong as its weakest link"
0
biject
11/4/2008 6:59:13 PM
On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 00:29:13 +0530, biject <biject.bwts@gmail.com> wrote:

(snip)
>   Well I don;t look at the page to often theought I had a vh2.zip but
> I don't see it there or on my computer however vh.zip is all I have
> left.  In it is vh vh1 vh2 vh3  if I remember correctly vh1 is a
> standard "bijective vitter style huffman" compressor for bytes where
> there are 256 symbols. I have noticed vh1 used an a few papers when
> seeing how good a compressor is versus a huffman.
>
>  How do you know Divya is a girl you use the pronoun "her"
> If you or her interested check arb255 or bwts those may be more
> interesting.
> my data sensitve combiner.
>
> To compress
> vh1  c  a,txt  b,tmp
>
> where a,txt is
> 0000  42 41 4E 41 4E 41 53  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  *BANANAS*
>  number of bytes is 7
>
> creating
> b.tmp which is
> 0000  42 7F D6 1F 4A  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  *B...J*
>  number of bytes is 5
>
> to decompress do
> vh1 d b.tmp c.tmp
>
> giving c.tmp as
> 0000  42 41 4E 41 4E 41 53  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  *BANANAS*
>  number of bytes is 7
(snip)

0
Jyoti
11/5/2008 1:47:17 AM
On Nov 4, 6:47=A0pm, "Jyoti Sharma" <jyoti.mic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks David. Yes, I know Divya. We study in same college. What I/she was=
 looking for was a simple >implementation of plain adaptive Huffman coding.=
 We were looking for a very simple implementation written in a >way of demo=
nstration. I saw your code... I cannot follow it easily... It was kind of y=
ou to let us check your code. >Thank you David.

 Its strange to see someone so friendly where do you go to college. I
am guessing Japan or something. I am curous people tend to not be
friendly on these forums.

 I think VH2 is about as simple as you can get and still surpirse your
teacher since the teacher is most likely unaware of bijective adaptive
huffman so go the extra step and enlighten hin/her.

David A. Scott
--
 My Crypto code
http://bijective.dogma.net/crypto/scott19u.zip
http://www.jim.com/jamesd/Kong/scott19u.zip old version
My Compression code http://bijective.dogma.net/
**TO EMAIL ME drop the roman "five" **
 made in the above text. For all I know I might be drugged.
As a famous person once said "any cryptograhic
system is only as strong as its weakest link"

0
biject
11/5/2008 2:37:32 AM
0