Software to view IPB frame sequence

I'd like to be able to view the IPB frame sequences in HDTV MPEG2 transport
streams.  I'm trying to determine if my cable company is recompressing and
messing with the IPB sequence to save bandwidth.

Is there any software out there that will do this? (on Windows)  Preferably
freeware/shareware...

Thanks.

-- Paul

0
Paul
12/18/2006 3:57:40 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to be able to view the IPB frame sequences in HDTV MPEG2
> transport streams.  I'm trying to determine if my cable company is
> recompressing and messing with the IPB sequence to save bandwidth.
>
> Is there any software out there that will do this? (on Windows)
> Preferably freeware/shareware...

One of the programs I use for this is Elecard Streameye.
It's $600, but they have an evaluation download.

0
Pete
12/18/2006 5:53:32 PM
Paul wrote:
> I'd like to be able to view the IPB frame sequences in HDTV MPEG2 transport
> streams.  I'm trying to determine if my cable company is recompressing and
> messing with the IPB sequence to save bandwidth.
>
> Is there any software out there that will do this? (on Windows)  Preferably
> freeware/shareware...

What do you mean by "view IPB frame sequences"? To view the frames one
by one, seeing which one is of which type (I, P or B)?

To do that, you can use ProjectX to convert the video from TS to PS,
then VirtualDub-MPEG2 to view the frames individually (the frame number
box shows whether it's I, P or B). Cost $0.

0
dngnta
12/19/2006 6:46:44 AM
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:57:40 -0500, "Paul"
<paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I'd like to be able to view the IPB frame sequences in HDTV MPEG2 transport
>streams.  I'm trying to determine if my cable company is recompressing and
>messing with the IPB sequence to save bandwidth.
>
>Is there any software out there that will do this? (on Windows)  Preferably
>freeware/shareware...
>
>Thanks.
>
>-- Paul

google bbtools.