Video Compression (Test Videos)

Does anybody know where I can find non-compressed & non-filtered video
for testing video compression with (AVI format)?  Right now, I'm
converting DivX to non-compressed AVIs; however, since DivX videos are
heavily filtered (Quantized, etc.) this isn't really effecient for
testing lossless video compression.  Thanks...

Respectfully,
Eric D. Brown
0
Eric
10/23/2004 10:22:35 PM
comp.compression 4696 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

http://www.cae-software.com/freeware/video.ocx/  ??

regards
Wolfgang Schwarz
34582 Borken/Germany

0
Wolfgang
10/24/2004 8:34:18 AM
"Wolfgang Schwarz" <schwarz.wolfgang@t-online.de> wrote in message

> http://www.cae-software.com/freeware/video.ocx/  ??

looked some earlier, couldn't find videos.
oh well, I am not the op...

0
cr88192
10/24/2004 3:09:39 PM
"Eric D. Brown" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<10nlmhas21pql44@corp.supernews.com>...
> Does anybody know where I can find non-compressed & non-filtered video
> for testing video compression with (AVI format)?  Right now, I'm
> converting DivX to non-compressed AVIs; however, since DivX videos are
> heavily filtered (Quantized, etc.) this isn't really effecient for
> testing lossless video compression.  Thanks...
>
> Respectfully,
> Eric D. Brown

You can d/l form the VQEG public ftp site. ftp://vqeg.its.bldrdoc.gov
Please note that it's a gov site and all traffic is logged.

HTH
0
emorras
10/25/2004 2:49:26 PM
Eduardo wrote:
> "Eric D. Brown" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<10nlmhas21pql44@corp.supernews.com>...
>
>>Does anybody know where I can find non-compressed & non-filtered video
>>for testing video compression with (AVI format)?  Right now, I'm
>>converting DivX to non-compressed AVIs; however, since DivX videos are
>>heavily filtered (Quantized, etc.) this isn't really effecient for
>>testing lossless video compression.  Thanks...
>>
>>Respectfully,
>>Eric D. Brown
>

> You can d/l form the VQEG public ftp site. ftp://vqeg.its.bldrdoc.gov
> Please note that it's a gov site and all traffic is logged.
>
> HTH

Thanks everyone... will take a look!

Respectfully,
Eric D. Brown
0
Eric
10/25/2004 4:00:48 PM
> Eduardo wrote:
>> "Eric D. Brown" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Does anybody know where I can find non-compressed & non-filtered video
>>>for testing video compression with (AVI format)?  Right now, I'm
>>>converting DivX to non-compressed AVIs; however, since DivX videos are
>>>heavily filtered (Quantized, etc.) this isn't really effecient for
>>>testing lossless video compression.  Thanks...
>>>
>>>Respectfully,
>>>Eric D. Brown
>>

>> You can d/l form the VQEG public ftp site. ftp://vqeg.its.bldrdoc.gov
>> Please note that it's a gov site and all traffic is logged.
>>
>> HTH
>
> Thanks everyone... will take a look!
>
> Respectfully,
> Eric D. Brown

I think probably the server got dos'ed...
me wonders just how many people tried downloading files...

0
cr88192

> I think probably the server got dos'ed...
> me wonders just how many people tried downloading files...

Here are a couple of standard test-streams:

http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~mjeschke/TUSC/

As long as you don't use the commercially (i.e. research only)
it should be ok.

So long,
	Thomas
0
Thomas
10/26/2004 9:23:56 AM
"Thomas Richter" <thor@cleopatra.math.tu-berlin.de> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
>> I think probably the server got dos'ed...
>> me wonders just how many people tried downloading files...
>
> Here are a couple of standard test-streams:
>
> http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~mjeschke/TUSC/
>
> As long as you don't use the commercially (i.e. research only)
> it should be ok.

pretty low quality...
oh well, they are workable...
at something like 176x144x1fps or whatever, there is not much to try to
compress...

the previous site came back up it seems, downloading more videos, they are a
lot bigger but a lot higher quality, at the cost of huge files...

oh well, these sites are cool...

0
cr88192

compressing compressed video
Is it possible to noticeably compress already compressed video (DivX/MPEG) even futher using a loseless compression program? Which programs offer the highest compression radios in this case? copx copx wrote: > Is it possible to noticeably compress already compressed video (DivX/MPEG) > even futher using a loseless compression program? Yes, but not by much if at all. The most lossless compression I have seen of an .AVI occured because the PCM audio was uncompressed. The only .AVIs you'll see major compression occur is when there is so much redundant information in a frame or ...

Reference Video Clips for Video Compression Testing?
Hi Folks, Are there any raw video clips (YUV 4:2:2, preferably) that are known stressors on video encoders (e.g., MPEG-4 ASP, H.264, etc.)? Is there a standard set of clips used for verification of video codecs? --Randy Folks, I was hoping someone here can address this question. Please help if you can. I hate trying to pick something for my testing based on my own ignorance of the subject. Any help would be appreciated. --Randy ...

Video and Image Processing Blockset (Video Compression Demo of color video)
Hi, There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the encoder there is a block processing block which has 7 inputs but when I double click this block I see that has 6 inputs (it does not count the IP from tag). How can we do this? Many thanks, Kostas "Kostas " <kosotiro@yahoo.gr> wrote in message news:i5dagd$v6$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > There is a demo about color video compression in Simulink in which there > is something I cannot understand. Specifically, in the enco...

Video Interactive patent digitized compressed video transmission ..
'USA Video Interactive Corp. also holds a Store-and-Forward Video-on- Demand patent, which has been cited in approximately 206 subsequent patents, for the transmission of video content over networks faster than "real time"' http://presszoom.com/story_123712.html "A system and method for transferring video programs from a first location to a remote location .. The program signals are digitized, compressed .. The compressed program is reconstructed at the remote location for viewing on available video display devices" http://snipurl.com/18t4u http://patft.usp...

Re: Video Compression Players Should "Compress" Hype
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/SC0601/S00026.htm I continue watch Qbit, and as expected, they are thrown in with the 'hype' gang. Frank People from Pixe have updated their website. Should we expect samples soon? http://www.pixe.com.au/ frnkblk wrote: > http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/SC0601/S00026.htm > > I continue watch Qbit, and as expected, they are thrown in with the > 'hype' gang. > > Frank Looks like the Washington DC Technology Council thinks Qbit is real! ================== <snip> * Qbit, LLC -- Provides enabling technologies for pa...

Video compression
Hello all, As you all know we can Import a video in Mathematica 7 and then explore frames for example. But, usually a video that is obtain from the Net is in a compress form of some sort. Then frames cannot be extracted to do some image processing. We cannot even play it in Mathematica. My question: is it possible to uncompress a video in Mathematica or do I have to open the video outside Mathematica in a video player and, if possible, save it in an uncompress form? Thanks for any help, Robert The vast majority of movie formats us...

Video Compression
Hello All, The task is to transmit the grayscale video over the ethernet in the real time. The input stream is 8bpp, 1024x768, 25fps. The compressed stream should be no more then ~30Mbps. The available computing power is ~300MIPS of the general purpose DSP. It is desired to preserve as much quality as possible. Do you know of a video compression algorithm which can fit into those constraints? Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant http://www.abvolt.com Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote: > Hello All, > > The task is to transmit the grayscale video over the e...

about video compression
Is video compression using wavelet transform possible in matlab and how???? ...

Video compression
What is the best way to learn how to program H.264 video compression? (MPEG-4) ...

How To Compress Videos
Hi to all, 1.want to know if there is any easy way to compress videos. an programs that are available that can provide this kinda functions s that i can contain more clips on my new 512sd. 2. want to know how to convert rm/rmvb/wmv to other watchable format Can any experts help? -- MagiClick - The Best Palm OS Game: www.palmgear.com/?xyz=9672 On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:20:04 -0300, <me@privacy.net> wrote: > >Hi to all, > >1.want to know if there is any easy way to compress videos. any >programs that are available that can provide this kinda funct...

JOB: Video Engineer Lead- (Video Compression Algorithm, H.264)
Lead Video Engineer - (Video Compression Algorithms, H.264-HD) Location: Austin, TX (Full Time/employee)- Contact: Dee Dee Dial, Sr. Exec/Technology Recruiter Pedley-Richard & Assoc. 512/418-3260 Email: dddial@pedley-richard.com (Note: all resumes are submitted in confidence and will NOT be forwarded to any client company without the expressed consent of the individual.) Company Profile: Our client is a innovative and successful pre-IPO provider of new to market video communications systems. This is an opportunity to work with leaders who have had record success of setting new ...

Compress 4K Video
With no doubt, it is a stunning experience to enjoy the visual feast of 4K video! Considering about the conflict between the lagging device support and the rapid development of 4K technology, a majority of mainstream devices are unable to do a good job on playing 4K video, like iPad, iPhone and other Android smartphones. Obviously, 4K video is not the ideal choice for the public at the present stage. So the best solution is to compress 4K video or downscale the resolution. Bit rate, encoder, resolution, they are the DNA of a video file. The interaction of all of these factors plays as a ...

Video compression 382602
Hello I have 30 -images, i would like to compress them and compiling them to a video using matlab, can any body help me in this issue. THANK YOU ...

video compression basics
Hello, I am developing an MPEG 4 Simple Profile Video (Encoder/Decoder) on TMS320C67x. I am using the TMS320C67x DSK. I am new to Source coding/video compression. Hence, I have several questions: 1) I do not think I will be able to develop my own Motion Estimation Algorithm for the Encoder. It is the most MIPS demanding stuff on the encoder. Will the one provided by MoMuSys be okay ? Or do you recommend some other already published algorithm (freely available) ....say published in Trans. IEEE ? 3) Just like #2 above, should I use the MoMuSys algorithm(s) for Rate Control, Error Resilience &...

Web resources about - Video Compression (Test Videos) - comp.compression

Lossy compression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In information technology , "lossy" compression is a data encoding method that compresses data by discarding (losing) some of it. The procedure ...

Sports science: Does compression gear benefit your workout?
&quot;No amount of compression can outdo a bad night's sleep or 22 vodka Red Bulls.&quot;

The Logic Pros: Time compression and pitch correction with Logic’s built-in Flex tools
In this week’s episode of the The Logic Pros , Flex audio features are up, with some serious hardware reviews on deck. Next week we will start ...

Reduce data usage, turn on data compression in Chrome – Android customization
The web browser can be a major data user on our devices, this Android customization post will show you how to turn on data compression in Chrome, ...

Opera Max Now Supports Data Compression For Netflix And YouTube Video
Opera Max has been out for a while, and it's been helpful to those who find themselves running low on data each billing cycle. This app uses ...

Google launches Brotli, a new open source compression algorithm to speed up the web
As websites and online services become ever more demanding, the need for compression increases exponentially. Fans of Silicon Valley will be ...

China Mobile, Huawei and Qualcomm, Debut Uplink Data Compression on 4G Network
China Mobile, Huawei and Qualcomm, Debut Uplink Data Compression on 4G Network Cellular News China Mobile, along with Huawei and Qualcomm announced ...

Opera Mini browser for Android gets new data compression tech
The latest version for the mobile browser adds a new High compression mode that minimises data expenditure without affecting the page display. ...

Google to boost compression performance in Chrome 49
Google yesterday announced that a new in-house compression algorithm, dubbed "Brotli," will soon be added to Chrome to speed up page loading ...

Netflix’s New Video Compression Strategy
Don Melton: The tl;dr of it all is simply that Netflix plans on scaling bitrates up and down based on the complexity of their video. So, slightly ...